PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal weather...

appfan2008
November 30th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Richmond @ ASU
Boone, NC: Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.

Villanova @ JMU
Harrisonburg, VA: Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.

Weber St @ Montana
Missoula, MT: Saturday: A chance of rain and snow. Snow level 3400 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42

UNH @ UNI
Cedar Falls, IA: (not that it matters bc they are in a dome) Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33

Mntneer
November 30th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I know you'll keep this updated, but 7 day forecasts aren't worth the bytes they occupy IMO. I'm hoping to be in Boone Saturday, though I have to admit weather will be a factor in that decision. I've been to 3 games so far this season and the weather has sucked for each of them. My family have been troopers but I don't think they have another cold rainy game in them this season :(

clenz
November 30th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Well it has been snowing in Cedar Falls non stop for about 13 or 14 hours.The ground went from brown grass to a couple inches of snow.

However, come kick off I'll say it will be about 70 with 0 wind.

Grabholdofyosef
November 30th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I know you'll keep this updated, but 7 day forecasts aren't worth the bytes they occupy IMO. I'm hoping to be in Boone Saturday, though I have to admit weather will be a factor in that decision. I've been to 3 games so far this season and the weather has sucked for each of them. My family have been troopers but I don't think they have another cold rainy game in them this season :(
I hear you. I took my 5 month old to her first game this year, which was against Furman. and Even though the rain stayed away It felt like the wind was 30 milles per hour. The only good weather game I have been to this year was Jacksonville.

The weather, the start time and my company's holiday party will be factors in my attendance.

th0m
November 30th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'm not a weather expert by any means, but whodathunk the Montana game would have the highest temperature?

chiapet9
November 30th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I'm not a weather expert by any means, but whodathunk the Montana game would have the highest temperature?

I know, right? And who would have expected snow this time of year in Missoula? Not me!

AppGirl
November 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor dark of night shall keep me from my App game!

biggie
November 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I'll be shocked if we have a dry game again, I've forgotten what those were like by now.

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
its been really weird.....seems like almost every game last year was beautiful weather, and this year seems like every games been dreary and wet. im not putting too much faith in the mostly sunny thing at this point, but i wouldnt mind it.

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
As of 1pm on Tuesday

Richmond @ ASU
Boone, NC: Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.

Villanova @ JMU
Harrisonburg, VA: Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36.

Weber St @ Montana
Missoula, MT: Saturday: A slight chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.

UNH @ UNI
Cedar Falls, IA: (not that it matters bc they are in a dome) Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
looks like asu/jmu games will be nice but chilly...

montana will be chilly and possibly wet...

and uni will be very cold (outside for tailgating that is)

clenz
December 2nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
The weather changed in CF REAL fast. It was in the 40's or 50's with now snow up until about Friday. We are now sitting in the 20's or 30's with up to 7 or 8 inches of snow in some parts of the area.

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
The weather changed in CF REAL fast. It was in the 40's or 50's with now snow up until about Friday. We are now sitting in the 20's or 30's with up to 7 or 8 inches of snow in some parts of the area.

that must be sweet... judging by articles i have read and webcams the boone area has got anywhere from 2-6 inches on the ground in the area

jimgrizfan
December 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MISSOULA MT 1030 AM MST MON DEC 1 2008 THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY MEASURABLE SNOWFALL IN MISSOULA DURING THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER THIS YEAR. THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 54 YEARS THAT THIS HAS OCCURRED. THE OTHER YEAR WAS 2002. IF WE DO NOT RECORD MEASURABLE SNOW BY DECEMBER 4TH...THEN IT WILL BE THE 2ND TIME IN 95 YEARS THAT MISSOULA HAS NOT RECORDED OVER A TRACE OF SNOW. THIS HAS BEEN THE 28TH TIME SINCE 1893 THAT OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER HAVE NOT RECORDED AN INCH OF SNOWFALL OR GREATER.

Banks!!!
December 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Will be there in the long underwear at noon on Sat! Please wind, give us reprieve.

AZGrizFan
December 2nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MISSOULA MT 1030 AM MST MON DEC 1 2008 THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY MEASURABLE SNOWFALL IN MISSOULA DURING THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER THIS YEAR. THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 54 YEARS THAT THIS HAS OCCURRED. THE OTHER YEAR WAS 2002. IF WE DO NOT RECORD MEASURABLE SNOW BY DECEMBER 4TH...THEN IT WILL BE THE 2ND TIME IN 95 YEARS THAT MISSOULA HAS NOT RECORDED OVER A TRACE OF SNOW. THIS HAS BEEN THE 28TH TIME SINCE 1893 THAT OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER HAVE NOT RECORDED AN INCH OF SNOWFALL OR GREATER.

Never mind that they got 4 inches on September 1st. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GolfingGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Never mind that they got 4 inches on September 1st. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

We did??xconfusedx

T-Dog
December 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Well it has been snowing in Cedar Falls non stop for about 13 or 14 hours.The ground went from brown grass to a couple inches of snow..

It snowed in Boone from about 2 am Monday to 2 pm today (Tuesday) with little breaks and some big snow periods.

Now tomorrow it's supposed to be high of 47 so all that snow is going to be gone by Thursday. Then we go back to the freeze for the weekend with high temps right around freezing.

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor dark of night shall keep me from my App game!

GO APP GIRL....... Show the MEN a REAL Football APP-ITUDE !!!

the dark of night is actually very cool, i Love the new lights at THE ROCK.

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM

Apparently a car accident on Sunday will keep me from my Dukes game...xbawlingx

Looks like I'll be buying GamePlan. One plus - I can watch all the quarterfinal games now.

charliej
December 2nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Apparently a car accident on Sunday will keep me from my Dukes game...xbawlingx

Looks like I'll be buying GamePlan. One plus - I can watch all the quarterfinal games now.

Was anyone hurt?

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Was anyone hurt?

Thankfully, no. It just messed up travel plans with the rental and such. It was our tailgatemobile that was involved.

Guy pulled out in front of me. After I got out, he says "I'm going to be honest: I have no insurance and when the police get here, they're going to arrest me for driving on a suspended license."

He was right on both accounts.xoopsx

Here's the old girl afterwards (note the #1 JMU Fan license plate):

CamelCityAppFan
December 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
note the #1 JMU Fan license plate

Shame it wasn't an Armanti Edwards license plate-- you would have avoided the collision completely! xsmiley_wix xlolx

Glad no one was hurt! xthumbsupx

proasu89
December 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Thankfully, no. It just messed up travel plans with the rental and such. It was our tailgatemobile that was involved.

Guy pulled out in front of me. After I got out, he says "I'm going to be honest: I have no insurance and when the police get here, they're going to arrest me for driving on a suspended license."
He was right on both accounts.xoopsx

Here's the old girl afterwards (note the #1 JMU Fan license plate):

Sorry to hear that. Nothing strikes fear in a NC driver like a TN plate. A FL Cadillac is a close secondxeekx

elkmcc
December 2nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
We did??xconfusedx

Hardly. Very very mild that weekend in western Montana. I think AZ must have been either very high or on the top of Granite Peak on September 01, 2008.

SideLine Shooter
December 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM

EXACTLY, It's FOOTBALL!!!!!xnodx xnodx xnodx

Better yet, It's MOUNTAINEER FOOTBALL!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Shame it wasn't an Armanti Edwards license plate-- you would have avoided the collision completely! xsmiley_wix xlolx

Glad no one was hurt! xthumbsupx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Stupid Rodney Landers and his barelling through defenders!! My car took on his personality!!

MountaineerGuy
December 2nd, 2008, 10:53 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

Stupid Rodney Landers and his barelling through defenders!! My car took on his personality!!

Hope he gets patched up by the 19th ;)xthumbsupx

smcwildcat
December 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
man hope the weather holds off. ;)

mtgrizfankb
December 3rd, 2008, 12:07 AM
GRIZ v WEBER .....ok not weather .com but the local news station says.....low of 18 high of 35 and 30% prec. on sat.. about high twenties at noon. i like local news

Yosef@therock
December 3rd, 2008, 04:52 AM
Boone is the only place I lived where is can be sunny (warm), cold and rainy, sunny (warm), and then a foot of snow. All of that happened in a 8 hour period in 1996.

CamelCityAppFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Boone is the only place I lived where is can be sunny (warm), cold and rainy, sunny (warm), and then a foot of snow. All of that happened in a 8 hour period in 1996.

8 hour period? I've seen it sunny and warm on the east side of the hwy 421 stone parkway bridge, and snowing on the west... xthumbsupx

APPStrongNC
December 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=gsp&FcstType=text&map.x=212&map.y=17&site=GSP

If this was a 7:00pm, would have been cold...

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
GRIZ v WEBER .....ok not weather .com but the local news station says.....low of 18 high of 35 and 30% prec. on sat.. about high twenties at noon. i like local news

It's all good unless the wind starts blowin' real hard... :D

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hope he gets patched up by the 19th ;)xthumbsupx

I just hope it matters whether he's patched up by the 19th.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
It's all good unless the wind starts blowin' real hard... :DWhy? We've had the better running game lately. xnodx

lol, this is quickly turning into the most heated game of the playoffs, so far. xlolx xshakingmadx

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Richmond @ ASU
Boone, NC: Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 37.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Villanova @ JMU

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%

Weber St @ Montana
Missoula, MT: Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain showers. Snow level 3700 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29

UNH @ UNI
Cedar Falls, IA: (not that it matters bc they are in a dome) Saturday: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 8

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Latest on Missoula for Saturday. I find that the games always end up a little warmer than the local guys forcast. The local guys are saying a high of 35. I'll go with the Weather.com forcast that says a high of 39.

Mostly Cloudy
High
39°F

Precip
10%

Wind: SSW 2 mph
Max. Humidity: 73%
UV Index: 1 Low

JMU Newbill
December 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Richmond @ ASU
Boone, NC: Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 37.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Villanova @ JMU

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%

Weber St @ Montana
Missoula, MT: Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain showers. Snow level 3700 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29

UNH @ UNI
Cedar Falls, IA: (not that it matters bc they are in a dome) Saturday: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 8

While this post does mention a chance of snow showers, it makes no mention of the 100% chance of rain (in the form of purple and gold streamers) come game time.

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
While this post does mention a chance of snow showers, it makes no mention of the 100% chance of rain (in the form of purple and gold streamers) come game time.

xeyebrowx there may be a reason for that...

wocterrier
December 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
We didn't like those streamers. No, not one bit.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Funny, I seem to remember lots of Wofford fans throwing them as their team scored. I thought it was pretty cool that you guys retaliated so to speak. :D xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
December 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM

My dad got married in June of 2002 (I believe) and it was 64 degrees on Saturday for his outdoor wedding, and we woke up to 6 inches of snow Sunday morning.

elon77
December 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
8 hour period? I've seen it sunny and warm on the east side of the hwy 421 stone parkway bridge, and snowing on the west... xthumbsupx

After my college years I spent a winter near Boone working for a ski lodge. Coldest damn place I have ever been. We would watch the news at night and it would be 32 degrees in Alaska, but -15 in Boone. It would snow every night, not every now and then, but every night. I'm not sure the kids went to school the whole month of January. The roads had so much snow on them we would ski from Blowing Rock down into Boone. Best day of my young life was when my car headed east off of that mountain. Coldest damn place on earth. I hope the weather is like that this weekend. Go ASU. I had to bite my tongue to say that.:D

asucrutch23
December 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Funny, I seem to remember lots of Wofford fans throwing them as their team scored. I thought it was pretty cool that you guys retaliated so to speak. :D xthumbsupx

Yeah, we did the same thing at the App-JMU game. Everytime we'd score, we chucked those streamers right back towards the students that threw them our way. Unfortunately, it was mainly streamers headed our way and not vise versa after halftime. xnonono2x

appfan2008
December 4th, 2008, 08:26 AM
As of 930am on Thursday

Richmond @ ASU
Boone, NC: Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Villanova @ JMU
Harrisonburg, VA: Saturday: A slight chance of snow showers after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Weber St @ Montana
Missoula, MT: Saturday: A slight chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 31

UNH @ UNI
Cedar Falls, IA: (not that it matters bc they are in a dome) Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Windy, with a northwest wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy and blustery, with a low around 7.

biggie
December 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM
For anyone staying in Boone Saturday night, be prepared for the wind, 50mph gust late night.

Chi Panther
December 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM
As of 930am on Thursday

Richmond @ ASU
Boone, NC: Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Villanova @ JMU
Harrisonburg, VA: Saturday: A slight chance of snow showers after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Weber St @ Montana
Missoula, MT: Saturday: A slight chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 31

UNH @ UNI
Cedar Falls, IA: (not that it matters bc they are in a dome) Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Windy, with a northwest wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy and blustery, with a low around 7.

The UNI game has been changed to outside....

TCisMYhero
December 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Weather for UNI's Quarterfinal Game:
Outside- High near 26. Windy, with a northwest wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
Inside- 72 degrees, no wind, welcome to the dome.

mcveyrl
December 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Weather for UNI's Quarterfinal Game:
Outside- High near 26. Windy, with a northwest wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
Inside- 72 degrees, no wind, welcome to the dome.

You guys got somebody to change our diapers in there?? :D :p

joecooll6
December 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM
HAHA You guys have weather.

Like the Delaware game last year, I think playing this one indoors is to the benefit of our opponent.

Mountain Panther
December 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM
You guys got somebody to change our diapers in there?? :D :p

Yeah, most teams do crap themselves after the beating they take in there.

TCisMYhero
December 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM
HAHA You guys have weather.

Like the Delaware game last year, I think playing this one indoors is to the benefit of our opponent.

Yes, hopefully this year, our fumbles bounce into our players' hands, rather than opposing linebackers'.

biggie
December 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Update to Boone, we'll see what happens as its always guessing.

"Bit of some tweaking for Saturday. Partly cloudy early with mostly cloudy skies near half time. Snow flurries look possible near 2nd quarter and beyond. Larger snow event could play out Saturday evening, night and early Sunday. Would not be surprised to have a snow burst or two, by the 4th quarter.

Mid to upper 30s. Dress for warmth and occasionally breezy conditions."

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM
It has actually only been announced as 68 degrees the last few times I have heard...

CatFan22
December 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Sounds like Bozeman. xrotatehx

Ronbo
December 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
High of 37 and chance of showers in Missoula.

AppGirl
December 5th, 2008, 10:05 AM

Unfortunately, a son with strep throat will. xbawlingx Have to give props to the Hubby, who offered to stay, since I missed the Western game to take this son to his soccer tourney. But, being sick, he wants his mom. xrulesx
So, we'll watch on game plan, and get him well so we can all go to the game next week. (Hopefully there is a game next week. xprayx)

mcveyrl
December 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately, a son with strep throat will. xbawlingx Have to give props to the Hubby, who offered to stay, since I missed the Western game to take this son to his soccer tourney. But, being sick, he wants his mom. xrulesx
So, we'll watch on game plan, and get him well so we can all go to the game next week. (Hopefully there is a game next week. xprayx)

Dang. Hope he gets better soon. Strep is no fun.

As someone who is also watching Gameplan, there is the added advantage of getting to watch all the Quarterfinal games. I will be sitting in my recliner at noon and having a little FCS quarterfinal party!!

mineral griz
December 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM
We are 56 miles W of Missoula right now it has freezing rain
don't even walk on my deck all ice
We will leave at 8:00 am for the game
will put the truck in 4 wheel drive and arrive under an hour.

Good Luck Weber

Go Griz

Should be a great game