PDA

View Full Version : CAA 5

SoCon48
November 29th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Ok which one or ones of the 5 CAA teams will make it to Chattanooga?

UDBlueLotFan
November 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
JMU or Nova from the Top bracket and UNH from the bottom. Nova v UNH

edited: Sorry Spida's You're included. Nova v UNH/UR winner

WOCO
November 29th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I give the CAA credit. They play good football. But only one of them played a good football team in the first round (in a real dog fight)and Maine is getting crushed right now. Otherwise they were cupcake games. You can't let 5 teams in from one conference and not let the play each other. Personally, I think it will be app and Cal Poly. I hope it is app and montana though.

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I give the CAA credit. They play good football. But only one of them played a good football team in the first round (in a real dog fight)and Maine is getting crushed right now. Otherwise they were cupcake games. You can't let 5 teams in from one conference and not let the play each other. Personally, I think it will be app and Cal Poly. I hope it is app and montana though.

SIU a cupcake? xconfusedx

How about the MEAC cupcake SCSU giving Appy all they could handle? xeyebrowx

At least nova and Richmond took their "cupcakes" out with a thumping. xrolleyesx

xwhistlex

griz37
November 29th, 2008, 06:26 PM
How about none.

neer09
November 29th, 2008, 06:27 PM
bitter

Chi Panther
November 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Glad we got maine instead of the tribe.....xnodx

LehighFan11
November 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM
SIU a cupcake? xconfusedx

At least nova and Richmond took their "cupcakes" out with a thumping. xrolleyesx

xwhistlex
Man people will find anything to try to hate on App St. They won by 17 and next week they will take out one of those big bad CAA teams of yours.

mainejeff
November 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Glad we got maine instead of the tribe.....xnodx

Why.....you don't think that UNI would handle the Tribe?

Chi Panther
November 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM

I do think UNI would have beat the Tribe as well, however, Maine is a run team was a great matchup for UNI. Maine had 30 yards rushing in 3.5 quarters of play. Everyone hype the Maine DEs, which are very good. But people need to recognize how good Ruffin and Pedescleaux are.

Passing teams (unh) are tough match ups.

Philliesfan980
November 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I know I sound like a homer, but if it's anyone, I think Villanova might have the best chance. Their D is still a little shakey, but their offense is really good. They are a fluke hailmary away from being #2 or #1 overall.

It will be a great game next week, that's for sure.

Skjellyfetti
November 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM

xwhistlex

What makes you think SCSU is a cupcake? Just wondering. Have you seen them play this year? Are you just basing it on the fact that they are from the MEAC? xrolleyesx

Go back to Crapsville and dream of winning seasons, Cluck.

Grizaholic17
November 29th, 2008, 07:06 PM
What makes you think SCSU is a cupcake? Just wondering. Have you seen them play this year? Are you just basing it on the fact that they are from the MEAC? xrolleyesx

Well everyone knows Montana is not that great because they are from the Big Sky.

Longhorn
November 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Sour grapes. xoopsx

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Man people will find anything to try to hate on App St. They won by 17 and next week they will take out one of those big bad CAA teams of yours.

Let me guess...you weren't a math major were you? xlolx

Did you follow that game? Nope. If you did, you wouldn't have posted the above....uh....opinion. xcoffeex

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2008, 07:54 PM

Hey Jellymon...let me know when you guys get titles over more than one decade. xcoffeex

To answer your question, I saw an SCSU game this year; they were a solid team. So was SIU. You missed the point. Typical. But thanks for jumping in and "helping" a person who called SIU a cupcake. You've always kept the best company. xlolx xlolx

89Hen
November 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM
FWIW, I didn't pick any in the braket pool. I have CP vs ASU.

89Hen
November 29th, 2008, 07:57 PM
What makes you think SCSU is a cupcake?... Are you just basing it on the fact that they are from the MEAC? xrolleyesx
Well that's what everyone tells the CAA when they draw a MEAC team in the first round. xcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
November 29th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hey Jellymon...let me know when you guys get titles over more than one decade.

Delaware has one title worth mentioning.

4-8

Let me know when you guys learn to play football.

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Well that's what everyone tells the CAA when they draw a MEAC team in the first round. xcoffeex

xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM

4-8

Let me know when you guys learn to play football.

Sure. I'll give you a call next year if KC rights the ship. And after AI leaves you can go right back to SoCon mediocrity. xlolx xlolx

SoCon48
November 29th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Sure. I'll give you a call next year if KC rights the ship. And after AI leaves you can go right back to SoCon mediocrity. xlolx xlolx

Who is AI????? xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

BDKJMU
November 29th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I know I sound like a homer, but if it's anyone, I think Villanova might have the best chance. Their D is still a little shakey, but their offense is really good. They are a fluke hailmary away from being #2 or #1 overall.

It will be a great game next week, that's for sure.

Think you got that backwards.

SoCon48
November 29th, 2008, 10:32 PM

Again, CluckU, who is AI?
chirp chirp chirp

GannonFan
November 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Again, CluckU, who is AI?
chirp chirp chirp

Maybe he was going with the idea that Edwards looks a lot like Iverson, especially, the small, thin, and quick aspect that is Iverson. I believe he meant it as a compliment to Edwards. xcoffeex

GGASU
November 29th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Ok which one or ones of the 5 CAA teams will make it to Chattanooga?

NONE

App State will win by 20+ in the next two rounds...Montana or Weber will be the opponent, in the finals.

Yes I know that JMU beat us in the regular season...but it is just that...REGULAR...PLAYOFFS=ASU FOOTBALL

YoUDeeMan
November 30th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Maybe he was going with the idea that Edwards looks a lot like Iverson, especially, the small, thin, and quick aspect that is Iverson. I believe he meant it as a compliment to Edwards. xcoffeex

GannonFan is reading my mind. :D

I did mean AE. Had AI on my mind the last few days...PRACTICE. xlolx xlolx

However, that was an insult to AE. xnodx My bad.

PS - GF: don't tell my wife about my ideas regarding those Victoria's Secret models. xsmiley_wix

ChickenMan
November 30th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I give the CAA credit. They play good football. But only one of them played a good football team in the first round (in a real dog fight)and Maine is getting crushed right now. Otherwise they were cupcake games.

Winning at SIU??? I'm sure the MVC fans would disagree with that comment.

ChickenMan
November 30th, 2008, 07:59 AM

Sorry but you are dead wrong on that one.. college football was played before Armanti Edwards arrived at ASU.. xrolleyesx

I saw the UD teams that won titles in '63, '71, '72, '79 and my father played on the team that won in '46. Delaware has six titles overall and each means just as much as the one in '03.

NovaHater
November 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
NONE

App State will win by 20+ in the next two rounds...Montana or Weber will be the opponent, in the finals.

Yes I know that JMU beat us in the regular season...but it is just that...REGULAR...PLAYOFFS=ASU FOOTBALL

This is why so many people hate App St and it carrys over to the SoCon, posts like yours.

chiapet9
November 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM

This just confuses me to no end. First everyone complains that the CAA gets 5 teams in. Okay - understandable, maybe there were other teams that "deserved" a shot, whatever.

Then you knock down their opponents (with the exception of Wofford who was the only GOOD football team a CAA squad had to play). So EKU, SIU, and Colgate were all cupcakes?

WHO THE HECK WOULD YOU BE PUTTING IN THEIR PLACE?

clenz
November 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Winning AT SIU is a big deal. Not often does someone go there and win. Hell, the last time UNI won at SIU was 1996 or 1997.

BlueHen86
November 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Good point. I seem to recall reading that a lot last year.

BlueHen86
November 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM

What a stupid post. SIU is a cupcake? At home? Doesn't look like you are giving the CAA any credit.

Tubby Raymond
November 30th, 2008, 11:19 AM

Way better offense than that pitiful junk da Bears threw out there yesterday. Pitiful performance xmadx