PDA

View Full Version : Who would you WANT to see the most in Chatty?

rob_p469
November 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Just curious...

SeattleGriz
November 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Montana vs App State. No doubt.

It couldn't imagine it not selling out.

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
SIU vs. Montana. We owe them one.

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I voted JMU vs Northern Iowa, but I would have picked Northern Iowa vs anyone in Chatty ;)

phoenixphanatic21
November 28th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Since I can't vote Elon vs. anyone, I'd say an App-JMU rematch.

BossEagle
November 28th, 2008, 03:54 PM
JMU VS. App. St., i'd like to see a re-up

rob_p469
November 28th, 2008, 03:56 PM
No doubt a JMU vs. ASU rematch would be great. But how about putting all the smack to bed between Montana and Appy and finally meeting in Chatty? Dream come true... Ya gotta beat the best to be the best

AppMAN04
November 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
App st vs JMU

R3TRO
November 28th, 2008, 03:58 PM
New Hampshire vs. 'Nova

Just a rematch game, as I feel stupid penalties and some pretty bad calls could have flopped our last meetings' outcome (of course I am biased). I would just like to see a nice clean, well officiated, hard played game between these two teams.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2008, 03:58 PM
UNI-Montana, UNI-Cal Poly, UNI-Villanova, UNI-Weber State, UNI-Wofford

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Montana vs App State. No doubt.

It couldn't imagine it not selling out.

Anyone vs App will sell out.

rob_p469
November 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM
xlolx xlolx
I'm sensing a trend here...

R3TRO
November 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM

No JMU? xnonox

Hoyadestroya85
November 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Villanova-SIU Villanova-App St.
I don't want to see Richmond again

cats2506
November 28th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Weber vs anybody not named Appy

R3TRO
November 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Villanova-SIU Villanova-App St.
I don't want to see Richmond again

What about UNH? We would like to see you guys again.

Hoyadestroya85
November 28th, 2008, 04:24 PM
What about UNH? We would like to see you guys again.
hmm.. the way we dominated Richmond, they'd be motivated. The UNH game was fairly even.

BeauFoster
November 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Montana-ASU. We owe 'em.

Appstate29
November 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Montana vs. ASU.

The Showdown.

DTSpider
November 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Richmond - Wofford - 2 small private schools

AppStateLumbee
November 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I want to see App host Montana. I've always seen UM has THE powerhouse in 1-AA. Yes we have dominated the pass three years and yes Georgia Southern has really dominated previously but Montana was always there hanging around. I don't know if its because Montana has been the only dominating team out west every year but it seems they are always at or near the top. I think a win over Montana would be more satisfying than a win over JMU. I honestly feel we could easliy beat JMU if we have a rematch. I think we could beat Montana as well. But looking back to 1-AA history, saying "WE JUST BEAT MONTANA FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!" means a whole more than saying "we just beat JMU for the national championship!!!".

Skjellyfetti
November 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Montana - ASU

woffordgrad94
November 28th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Other: Wofford vs. anybody!:D

UNI Pike
November 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM
UNI MT - that would be a family feud as my wife's sister is a Grizzly Bear -errr, attended Montana.

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Cal Poly vs anyone.

rudy1648
November 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM

And 13 people show up for the game.

Grizaholic17
November 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Anyone vs App will sell out.

Griz nation travels more readily than anyone though. We'd give App a tough time with numbers!

Grizaholic17
November 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I want to see App host Montana. I've always seen UM has THE powerhouse in 1-AA. Yes we have dominated the pass three years and yes Georgia Southern has really dominated previously but Montana was always there hanging around. I don't know if its because Montana has been the only dominating team out west every year but it seems they are always at or near the top. I think a win over Montana would be more satisfying than a win over JMU. I honestly feel we could easliy beat JMU if we have a rematch. I think we could beat Montana as well. But looking back to 1-AA history, saying "WE JUST BEAT MONTANA FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!" means a whole more than saying "we just beat JMU for the national championship!!!".

You guys also need to make the series 1-1...but all griz fans know we'd make the series 2-0. :p :p :p :p :p

Cocky
November 28th, 2008, 06:10 PM
JMU v EKU

GolfingGriz
November 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Montana vs. Appy

I would love to be the team that ended their streak.

BarefootApp
November 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Appalachian and Montana. A rematch would be nice, but I can't stand Mickey 4 more weeks. Good luck to everyone......no injuries, please.

mistersykes
November 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I'd like to echo the others who said App - Montana. We've been talking about it for years, and it just hasn't happened. There's the revenge factor for ASU, and I think these two are the most rabid fanbases in FCS. Most importantly, I think the game would be great and the atmosphere would be electric in Chatty if these two met.

ASUMountaineer
November 28th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I WANT MONTANA...oh that was heartbreak in 2000. xnodx But, in all honesty, I'll take ________(insert team here) vs. ASU. As long as we're there I don't care who we play.

JMU Newbill
November 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
any combination of jmu, app state, montana, and cal poly.

no offense to the other schools.... i just happen to think those four schools are the elite group.

if i had it my way... jmu vs. app state rematch... but i will be the first to admit, that's me being a homer, but also me being a pretty big fan of both schools.

Saluki09
November 28th, 2008, 07:15 PM
SIU vs. Montana...first it means we would have beaten UNI and App, both away games, and as has been mentioned earlier, we owe Montana. Plus it would look awesome knocking out 3 of the 4 seeds.

Wishful thinking I know, but one can always hope. Maybe we will win in a dome for the first time in 25 years...

theasushow
November 28th, 2008, 07:16 PM
every year we sit here and say how great a montana-asu championship would be, but for the past 3 years montana has been unable to hold up their end of the bargain. i dont think montana will win that side of the bracket, its just too tough. that being said, hopefully they will prove me wrong as i would love to see a asu-montana nc.

i would also like to say that NO MATTER who asu plays (if they were to make in to chatty) THIS will be the toughest nc game yet. while uni, umass, and delaware were all formidable opponents, they had easier paths than whoever makes it from this year. lets face it, whoever comes from the top half will be battle tested and prepared. unlike years past, if asu makes it to chatty it will be the hardest opponent they face. (i.e. i thought last year that jmu and richmond were both tougher opponents than delaware, even tho asu played delaware in the nc. that wont be the case this year, this years nc has the potential to be one of the best ever)

SLOSTYLE
November 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
poly v. app would be an exciting game if nothing else. Poly has the firepower to put up points with app, and i really want to see how we would match up with an east coast power, and who better than the current gold standard in fcs. its too bad the east and west schools dont play each other that often. i feel like we're out here on an island when it comes to evaluating ourselves to most of the teams mentioned in this forum (exception montana).

well lets be honest, slo is basically on an island haha. but i wouldnt choose to be anywhere else, i highly recommend making it out here to this pacific paradise sometime in you're life.

dgreco
November 28th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Montana with the throwbacks.

UMass922
November 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
ASU-JMU rematch.

elkmcc
November 28th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Montana with the throwbacks.

I'll second that. Montana however will have to do it wearing Maroon & silver. I think they have sold the throwbacks already.

I hope the Griz can win the first 2 games and meet Villanova in the semi's @ Wa/Griz. For some reason I have always wanted to see Nova at Wa/Griz. I know I know, be careful what you wish for.

For the last 2 month the Griz have been playing like a team that knows they can win. I think they can too.

crunifan
November 28th, 2008, 07:59 PM
every year we sit here and say how great a montana-asu championship would be, but for the past 3 years montana has been unable to hold up their end of the bargain. i dont think montana will win that side of the bracket, its just too tough. that being said, hopefully they will prove me wrong as i would love to see a asu-montana nc.

i would also like to say that NO MATTER who asu plays (if they were to make in to chatty) THIS will be the toughest nc game yet. while uni, umass, and delaware were all formidable opponents, they had easier paths than whoever makes it from this year. lets face it, whoever comes from the top half will be battle tested and prepared. unlike years past, if asu makes it to chatty it will be the hardest opponent they face. (i.e. i thought last year that jmu and richmond were both tougher opponents than delaware, even tho asu played delaware in the nc. that wont be the case this year, this years nc has the potential to be one of the best ever)

The Appalachian State/UNI 2005 National Title game was a close one. If you recall, UNI had the lead the entire game until the fumble in the third quarter. It was MUCH closer than the UMass or Delaware games.

theasushow
November 28th, 2008, 08:08 PM
The Appalachian State/UNI 2005 National Title game was a close one. If you recall, UNI had the lead the entire game until the fumble in the third quarter. It was MUCH closer than the UMass or Delaware games.

i agree, i think the fumble actually happened with around 10 minutes left in the 4th. i dont mean to take anything away from uni, i just think this years field is tougher than the '05 field.

appfan2008
November 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
asu/montana for me... jmu to lose to wofford would be great...

jmufan999
November 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
gee, do you think the winner might be the team with the most posters on here? i'm really shocked that it's ASU and Montana (read: sarcasm).

AtlantaMountaineer
November 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
ASU Cal Poly would mean more tickets for App, but still would love to see App vs Montana

beauvighn
November 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Wofford vs. Richmond or Poly. It would pit two schools where the student in student/athlete is still important

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Richmond v JMU

smallcollegefbfan
November 28th, 2008, 10:44 PM

That would be an interesting game but that is not a game you want in the title game because it won't come close to selling out. That would be a great game to watch early next year though. xthumbsupx

Boots Harvey
November 28th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Montana vs. UNI.

No Socon. No CAA. 2 funny. Crowd attendance would not be good though. If you want attendance, then ASU vs. JMU or Montana. The Griz fan base does travel well. Good folks.

Death Dealer
November 28th, 2008, 11:03 PM
That would be an interesting game but that is not a game you want in the title game because it won't come close to selling out. That would be a great game to watch early next year though. xthumbsupx

Oh yeah, because it's all about the Benjamins isn't it? What a shame. xnonono2x xthumbsdownx

Wofford vs. Richmond sounds like a great game.

oldputtytat
November 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Montana vs. UNI.

No Socon. No CAA. 2 funny. Crowd attendance would not be good though. If you want attendance, then ASU vs. JMU or Montana. The Griz fan base does travel well. Good folks.

You would be surprised how the UNI fans travel.............

jstclmet
November 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Nova vs UR/UNH/Maine.

An all CAA Championship. Maybe next year we get our seed.

Syntax Error
November 29th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Griz nation travels more readily than anyone though. We'd give App a tough time with numbers!xeekx HUH? In Chattanooga?
any combination of jmu, app state, montana, and cal poly.You mean either JMU, UM, or CP vs. ASU?

I'd like to see Villanova play Cal Poly in Chatty. Philly vs. West Coast. Offense vs. defense. Talley vs. Ellerson. Just interesting.

Throw It To Ramses!!!
November 29th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Cal Poly vs. App State

New Guys vs. Dynasty

Let the fun begin!!!

redspider
November 29th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I know its a homer pick but I would like to see Richmond vs. JMU a CAA Championship. If I did not go with teh homer pick I think the most interesting woudl be a rematch of JMU vs. App State.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 29th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Trying very hard to put aside my CAA homerism, I think App. State vs. Cal Poly is the most intriguing match up and would produce the most exciting game (if you like offense, that is). ;)

89Hen
November 29th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see Villanova play Cal Poly in Chatty. Philly vs. West Coast. Offense vs. defense. Talley vs. Ellerson. Just interesting.
You wouldn't have trouble finding a hotel room or parking. :(

smallcollegefbfan
December 3rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, because it's all about the Benjamins isn't it? What a shame. xnonono2x xthumbsdownx

Wofford vs. Richmond sounds like a great game.

Not just the money but we all know the a rematch of ASU vs. JMU would get much more attention than Wofford vs. Richmond. The game provides 2 Payton Finalists, 2 Buck Buchanan Finalists, two previous national champions, and NFL talent coming out of their ears. Who wouldn't want to see both of those teams play for the NC? I do agree that Wofford vs. Richmond would be a great game but so would JMU vs. ASU and I have to say that matchup would be the one to get legit attention from ESPN and others. We all might not think ESPN gives FCS a fair deal but games like that would help with that and would get the FCS national attention to fans who usually would not follow it because ESPN gives it extra attention.

james_lawfirm
December 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
You would be surprised how the UNI fans travel.............

How?

BEAR
December 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
UCA v. Anybody

JMU DJ
December 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
App St versus anyone just brings more good attention to the FCS. That said, anyone vs App St would be a good game to watch... however I would love to see JMU or Montana (great fans by the way, after the 2004 NC game, I did not meet one grizz fan who was arrogant or rude, they were all kind and congratulatory) there for the sheer fact that this would be a powerhouse game with the potential to sell out both sides of the stadium. No disrespect to Nova (or any other teams), it's just my brother went there and I can't accept him having the upper hand. Hopefully the game will provide enough for the commentators to talk about rather than the Rain-X Windshield Wiper bowl game or any other bogus bowl games that follow in the following days.

Longhorn
December 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
JMU vs. UR. An all CAA final would drive ASU fans nuts. :)

100%GRIZ
December 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Griz vs Appy - Hopefully ticket sales would be sold equally though. I remember when we played Marshall back in 1995 & the game happened to be at Marshall, they alotted just 2000 seats to Grizzley fans. That was it, end of story!!! I thought that was total BS!!! Griz fans should of gotten as many as they could get then the rest to Marshall.

crunifan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
How?

Did you not go to the 2005 game? For as far away from Chattanooga as we are, we had a lot of fans there. Well over double what UMass brought the following year.

Obviously Appalachian State brings a lot more, but they have such a short drive. That would be like UNI fans driving to Chicago.

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 10:15 PM
WEBER STATE!
WEBER STATE!
GREAT GREAT! GREAT!

vs anyone

Mountain Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM
UNI vs. Montana.

Hands down the best possible fan combination.

And a LOT of $ spent on airfare.

SteelCurtain
December 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
UNI VS Weber..

That is what I am hoping for!!

clenz
December 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
I will take UNI vs. anybody to be completely honest.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
EWU vs. Anybody.

Buuuutttttttt, since that can't happen, Weber vs. Appy!

:D