PDA

View Full Version : What is your 1st round non homer upset special ?

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM
no reasons , no explanations needed or wanted. I say Wofford knocks out JMU

slycat
November 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Wofford over JMU is a good pick. They got a crappy first draw for a Number 1 seed.

petethepenguin15
November 28th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Wofford over Jmu is my big shocker for the first round. But I also like Weber State to take down the Cal Poly mustangs and their problems with their kicker.

phoenixphanatic21
November 28th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I agree with what everyone has said here so far. I got a funny little feeling Wofford will beat JMU.

Hoyadestroya85
November 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM
As tempted as I am to say Wofford over JMU.. I'm gonna say Maine over UNI. I know the dome is a tough place to play, but so are a lot of places in the CAA. I have a weird feeling that this Maine team is going to prove some people wrong about whether the belong in the tournament or not

JayJ79
November 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
SCSU over ASU

haha, no. probably not. But it would be cool.

BlueHen86
November 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
EKU over Richmond. I picked Richmond to win this game, but they seem ripe for a let down after last weeks OT win over W&M.

B&G
November 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Likelihood:

1) SIU over UNH... after all UNH is supposedly favored by 3 even though they're the road team.

2) Weber over CP... It all depends on how Poly mentally rebounds from the heartbreaker against Wisconsin. I think CP wins but there is that one factor that puts this at #2 for me.

3) Wofford over JMU... Terriers pulled the big upset last year. JMU are suspect at LB and everyone knows how hard it is to prepare for the Wofford option in one week.

4) Maine over UNI... The dome is a tough place to play but Maine is basically playing with borrowed money just by getting in the tourney.

5) EKU over Richmond... Out of what's left this is the only one I see with any possible chance of happening.

6) Colgate over Villanova
7) SCSU over ASU
8) Texas St over Montana

th0m
November 28th, 2008, 04:25 PM
JMU over Wofford. Seems like that would be the upset, really. I see no clear cut upsets besides our matchup, maybe the SIU UNH game.

Bisonforlife
November 28th, 2008, 04:34 PM
My guess would be Weber State over Cal Poly. Although I really want Cal Poly to make it to the championship game.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
My upset special is #1 JMU over Wofford. It's a trap game for Wofford.

Cleets
November 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Texas State over Montana by 21 points xnodx

xwhistlex

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
xeyebrowx
As tempted as I am to say Wofford over JMU.. I'm gonna say Maine over UNI. I know the dome is a tough place to play, but so are a lot of places in the CAA. I have a weird feeling that this Maine team is going to prove some people wrong about whether the belong in the tournament or not

Agreed. My upset special as well.

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 05:48 PM
My guess would be Weber State over Cal Poly. Although I really want Cal Poly to make it to the championship game.

Weber State beating Cal Poly would not be an upset. Weber State is co-champions of the Big Sky and beat a Montana team that beat Cal Poly. This is the best game of the day. I think that Cal Poly will win because of the home field, but Weber State has the guns to win this one.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Weber State beating Cal Poly would not be an upset. Weber State is co-champions of the Big Sky and beat a Montana team that beat Cal Poly. This is the best game of the day. I think that Cal Poly will win because of the home field, but Weber State has the guns to win this one.

I'm not sure how either one winning would be an "upset special" though. Now if Colgate, SCSU, Maine, TX State win.....THOSE would be upsets... xeyebrowx xeekx

Cocky
November 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
SC State if you call that an upset

GolfingGriz
November 28th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Wofford over JMU. Nothing against JMU, but Wofford is nearly impossible to prepare for in one week. Luckily for JMU they play teams with a similar offense, unfortunately for JMU no team runs it as well as Wofford.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Maine over UNI. The Black Bears are a better team than many are giving credit for.

mistersykes
November 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM
It seems like there are several games that could go either way. I think the likeliest upset will be Weber over Cal Poly.

Saint3333
November 28th, 2008, 07:27 PM

xconfusedx

BlueHen86
November 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I would call that an upset. Unless there is some word that describes something that is much bigger than an upset, like miracle.

dgreco
November 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM
SCSU over App State

WileECoyote06
November 28th, 2008, 07:53 PM
UNH is favored? Wow! That'd be my upset pick.

BearGibson
November 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Wofford over JMU.

It doesn't make much sense, but I can honestly see it happening...

Silenoz
November 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM
UNH, if you can call that an upset

UMStudent
November 28th, 2008, 10:03 PM

I agree fully this will be the game of the week, I hope they play some of it on griz-vision. Whats important though is that the Griz only won cause you guys are hurting in the kicking game, same reason you lost to Wisconsin. The Griz did loose to Weber who are a high powred team but also lost to EWU which I belive should be sharing the co-championship no direspect to Weber but they're good they just couldn't pull it together this season.

My prediction
Weber over Cal Poly by 3 or less only because I wanna a rematch with Weber and I'm scared *****less of Cal Poly

P.S. Sorry I totally diverted from what you wanted in this thread I just had to say it go ahead slap me on the wrist xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

ngineer
November 28th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't call Weber State beating Cal Poly a huge upset. I pick CP to win, but by no more than a score..so withing the 'turnover margin of error'..

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Likelihood: ... xnutsx 7 visiting teams winning?
I'll have what you're smoking! xlmaox

GOKATS
November 28th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I agree fully this will be the game of the week, I hope they play some of it on griz-vision. Whats important though is that the Griz only won cause you guys are hurting in the kicking game, same reason you lost to Wisconsin. The Griz did loose to Weber who are a high powred team but also lost to EWU which I belive should be sharing the co-championship no direspect to Weber but they're good they just couldn't pull it together this season.

My prediction
Weber over Cal Poly by 3 or less only because I wanna a rematch with Weber and I'm scared *****less of Cal Poly

P.S. Sorry I totally diverted from what you wanted in this thread I just had to say it go ahead slap me on the wrist xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

WOW!! New shipment of drugs in fizzoulla?xeekx

BTW, the griz did not 'lose' to EWU and the Wildcats and fizz do share the BSC title, though WSU got the autobid.

BTW, the Cal Poly/WSU game is late (as in a couple hours after the game in fizzoula) so if you come down/dry out you can catch it.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM
William & Mary over EKU.

UMStudent
November 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
WOW!! New shipment of drugs in fizzoulla?xeekx

BTW, the griz did not 'lose' to EWU and the Wildcats and fizz do share the BSC title, though WSU got the autobid.

No i meant weber loosing to EWU sorry for the confusiun. Now i gotta find that new shipment, but I think it went to Bozeman

P.S. Cat let this thread be what it was meant for just PM but I wont respond tell prob. sunday cause I gotta go downtown

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Colgate over Villanova. The Wildcats have been sleepwalking since the Hail Mary loss to JMU.

Edge316007
November 28th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I have all of the home teams winning except UNH who squeeks it out against SIU. Too bad they're favorites. I guess I like all of the favorites to win

GOKATS
November 28th, 2008, 10:56 PM
No i meant weber loosing to EWU sorry for the confusiun. Now i gotta find that new shipment, but I think it went to Bozeman

P.S. Cat let this thread be what it was meant for just PM but I wont respond tell prob. sunday cause I gotta go downtown

Be careful crossing the tracks............................xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I have all of the home teams winning except UNH who squeeks it out against SIU. Too bad they're favorites. I guess I like all of the favorites to winI don't think UNH is favored over the MVFC AQ, SIU. Only some people trying to make gambling money would say that about a Wildcat team traveling to the Salukis. Ask UNI how easy that is.

charliej
November 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I would call that an upset. Unless there is some word that describes something that is much bigger than an upset, like miracle.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

T-Dog
November 28th, 2008, 11:37 PM
xnutsx 7 visiting teams winning?
I'll have what you're smoking! xlmaox

He was ranking the possible upsets from "most likely" to "least likely" xrulesx

crunifan
November 28th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I don't think UNH is favored over the MVFC AQ, SIU. Only some people trying to make gambling money would say that about a Wildcat team traveling to the Salukis. Ask UNI how easy that is.

UNH is a good team, but as tough as they played us last year, lets remember in 2005 when UNH was the #1 seed and UNI knocked them off at home. SIU beating them is no upset.

Syntax Error
November 29th, 2008, 12:10 AM
He was ranking the possible upsets from "most likely" to "least likely" xconfusedx Why didn't he say so?! Makes more sense now. Reps to you. xnodx

Syntax Error
November 29th, 2008, 12:12 AM
UNH is a good team, but as tough as they played us last year, lets remember in 2005 when UNH was the #1 seed and UNI knocked them off at home. SIU beating them is no upset.I remember being there at UNH in 2005. SIU at home is the favorite IMO. Whether they win or not is another thing but UNH would be pulling the upset. xpeacex

Hoyadestroya85
November 29th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Colgate over Villanova. The Wildcats have been sleepwalking since the Hail Mary loss to JMU.
are you serious??
we dominated UNH and we've won every game..
just because there were some close ones doesn't mean that the team is sleepwalking

B&G
November 29th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Likelihood:

1) SIU over UNH... after all UNH is supposedly favored by 3 even though they're the road team.

2) Weber over CP... It all depends on how Poly mentally rebounds from the heartbreaker against Wisconsin. I think CP wins but there is that one factor that puts this at #2 for me.

3) Wofford over JMU... Terriers pulled the big upset last year. JMU are suspect at LB and everyone knows how hard it is to prepare for the Wofford option in one week.

4) Maine over UNI... The dome is a tough place to play but Maine is basically playing with borrowed money just by getting in the tourney.

5) EKU over Richmond... Out of what's left this is the only one I see with any possible chance of happening.

7) SCSU over ASU
8) Texas St over Montana

I believe I did say so and summed it up in one word so it was easy to understand... or at least that's what I thought. xrolleyesx

Cincy App
November 29th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Likelihood:

7) SCSU over ASU
8) Texas St over Montana

Any given saturday... As unlikely as it seems now, it is likely that at least 2 of the above underdogs will win. It happens every year. Last year, the #2 and #3 seeds lost in the opening round. I think #1 and #2 on the list are most likely but we'll see. I would also not sell Texas State too short. The Southland Conference is #4 in power rankings so they are likely better than most people give them credit.

UNHFan
November 29th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I don't think UNH is favored over the MVFC AQ, SIU. Only some people trying to make gambling money would say that about a Wildcat team traveling to the Salukis. Ask UNI how easy that is.

Any chance you can rewrite this? Not clue what your saying but I do want to know what you mean? Sorry Im not that bright

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2008, 07:46 AM
are you serious??
we dominated UNH and we've won every game..
just because there were some close ones doesn't mean that the team is sleepwalking

Don't get so defensive. I think Villanova is going to win the game ... I was simply respnding to the thread. Anything can happen...

Houndawg
November 29th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I remember being there at UNH in 2005. SIU at home is the favorite IMO. Whether they win or not is another thing but UNH would be pulling the upset. xpeacex

SIU is a 4.5 point dog. I hope that doesn't mean Larry Warner isn't 100% recovered from last week.

I don't see Maine winning, but that would be more of an upset than weber over Cal Poly.