PDA

View Full Version : NWST HC Search

TexasTerror
November 28th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Names thrown around on Fork'em Demons (amongst other sites)...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/forkemdemons/messages/?msg=4404.1

Kevin Corless, co-defensive coordinator, assistant head coach at Arkansas State: Spent seven years at NSU (1995-2001).

Doug Ruse, offensive coordinator at Arkansas State: Spent eight years as assistant at NSU (1994-2001).

Mike Hudson, associate head coach, secondary coach at Montana: Spent time at Sam Houston and Texas State.

Daryl Mason, wide receivers coach at ULL: NSU assistant on three different occasions (1990-93, 2000, 2002-03).

Dennis Dunn, head coach at Louisiana College: Was also the head coach for nine state titles at Evangel Christian Academy.

Brad Laird, Demons defensive coordinator: NSU alum (1995) returned to Natchitoches for second stint (2003-05).

Broderick Fobbs, wide receivers coach, co-offensive coordinator at McNeese: Former NSU assistant (2002-07).

Sam Goodwin, athletic director at Henderson State: Became NSU's winningest coach during his 17 years as head coach (1983-1999).

Possibilities at the high school level: Billy Laird (Ruston), Doug Pederson (Calvary), Kenny Guillot (Parkview Baptist), Don Shows (West Monroe).

Daryl Daye, asst. coach at Missouri Southern.

NSUDemon98
November 28th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Names thrown around on Fork'em Demons (amongst other sites)...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/forkemdemons/messages/?msg=4404.1

Kevin Corless, co-defensive coordinator, assistant head coach at Arkansas State: Spent seven years at NSU (1995-2001).

Doug Ruse, offensive coordinator at Arkansas State: Spent eight years as assistant at NSU (1994-2001).

Mike Hudson, associate head coach, secondary coach at Montana: Spent time at Sam Houston and Texas State.

Daryl Mason, wide receivers coach at ULL: NSU assistant on three different occasions (1990-93, 2000, 2002-03).

Dennis Dunn, head coach at Louisiana College: Was also the head coach for nine state titles at Evangel Christian Academy.

Brad Laird, Demons defensive coordinator: NSU alum (1995) returned to Natchitoches for second stint (2003-05).

Broderick Fobbs, wide receivers coach, co-offensive coordinator at McNeese: Former NSU assistant (2002-07).

Sam Goodwin, athletic director at Henderson State: Became NSU's winningest coach during his 17 years as head coach (1983-1999).

Possibilities at the high school level: Billy Laird (Ruston), Doug Pederson (Calvary), Kenny Guillot (Parkview Baptist), Don Shows (West Monroe).

Daryl Daye, asst. coach at Missouri Southern.

It will be interesting to see who would want to take one of the lowest paid HC positions in FCS. I think that is, and always has been NSU's biggest hurdle...in every sport.

txstatebobcat
November 28th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Mike Hudson is the one name that really stands out in that group, at least for me. I know he applied for the TxSt HC job that eventually went to Manny Matsakis. Good coach.

Dallas Demon
November 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Stoker was making as much or more than several other coaches in the SLC including the McNeese HC.

NSUDemon98
November 28th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Stoker was making as much or more than several other coaches in the SLC including the McNeese HC.

Maybe straight from the university but who knows what other perks and bonuses from other sources other coaches received.

TexasTerror
November 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
For comparison's sake as I am sure a few of these names may emerge...here's a list of applicants for the SHSU opening back when Todd Whitten got it...

http://www.shsu.edu/~pin_www/T@S/2005/ItemFootballNames.html

NSUDemon98
November 28th, 2008, 09:17 PM
For comparison's sake as I am sure a few of these names may emerge...here's a list of applicants for the SHSU opening back when Todd Whitten got it...

http://www.shsu.edu/~pin_www/T@S/2005/ItemFootballNames.html

Lots of names...Greg Burke has his work cut out for him.

Bearkats94
November 28th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Can we add Todd Whitten name to that list. Please!!!!!

NSUDemon98
November 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
It seems NSU athletic supporters are willing to open up their pockets in order to make the job more attractive. Upgrades to facilities last year and salary upgrades should help quite a bit.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20081130/SPORTS02/811300330/1001/SPORTS

Dallas Demon
November 30th, 2008, 05:11 PM
This, combined with the relative cheap cost of living in Natchitoches should allow for us to search for a really good candidate. With the salary itself, we should be at or near the top of the SLC. Combined with the standard of living, we should easily have the best package in the SLC.

griz37
November 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I wonder if Hudson will consider the fact the Hauck could be headed to a I-A job this year & he could be making a good amount of money as associate head coach at the next level?

TexasTerror
December 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Latest rumor around the water cooler in New Orleans...

6) DENNIS DUNN TO NORTHWESTERN STATE
Dennis Dunn fashioned a big winner as the head coach at Woodlawn High in Shreveport. They haven't won much since. At Evangel, he created a monster, a national power while coaching many college quarterbacks. At Louisiana College, he has taken a non-football school to a high level. In three seasons, he is 16-13, including a historic 7-3 season in 2008, the first winning season for Louisiana College since the school revived its football program in 2000. Dunn has 11 players who were named All-Conference this year. He is a brilliant offensive mind whose offense has been potent at every stop. He would bring a spread concept and points to Natchitoches. He can recruit Louisiana, having done so in Pineville and having developed relationships with prep coaches around the state for many years.

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/lsu/75063-latest-news-from-the-coaching-rumor-mill.html

Retro
December 3rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Tommy Tuberville's available! Start the donations!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3742934

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
I know you're joking, but there is a kinda kewul longshot possibility on the Auburn staff....

Steve Ensminger, former LSU standout/NFLQB, was on that staff and should now be looking for work. He's got SLC ties, having started his coaching career at McNeese as a graduate assitant, before moving to QB coach and then Offensive Coordinator. He was later the OC at Louisiana Tech and then at The U of Miami, before ending up at Auburn. I think I may have missed a stop or two in his resume', but he's got SLC ties and has been an Offensive Coordinator in the SLC, the ACC and the SEC.

NW(La.)State U probably couldn't have lured him away from Auburn, but now that he's looking for a job, perhaps he'd want to give a HC job a whirl?

And, of course, there's always Coach O, but I hear he may be heading to Tennessee as Def Coordinator.

JohnStOnge
December 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Baton Rouge Sports talk radio has been saying Brad Peveto is a candidate.

NSUDemon98
December 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Baton Rouge Sports talk radio has been saying Brad Peveto is a candidate.

http://www.neworleans.com/local-sports-news/268-northwestern-state-news/75062-a-dunn-deal-for-the-demons.html

NSUDemon98
December 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
I know you're joking, but there is a kinda kewul longshot possibility on the Auburn staff....

Steve Ensminger, former LSU standout/NFLQB, was on that staff and should now be looking for work. He's got SLC ties, having started his coaching career at McNeese as a graduate assitant, before moving to QB coach and then Offensive Coordinator. He was later the OC at Louisiana Tech and then at The U of Miami, before ending up at Auburn. I think I may have missed a stop or two in his resume', but he's got SLC ties and has been an Offensive Coordinator in the SLC, the ACC and the SEC.

NW(La.)State U probably couldn't have lured him away from Auburn, but now that he's looking for a job, perhaps he'd want to give a HC job a whirl?

And, of course, there's always Coach O, but I hear he may be heading to Tennessee as Def Coordinator.

Orgeron would be fun plus he's a Demon...but our players speak english and he might threaten to take his shirt off and beat everyone's a$$. xlolx