PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Announces 2008 Football All-League Teams and Major Awards

smallcollegefbfan
November 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Patriot League Announces 2008 Football All-League Teams and Major Awards

2008 All-Patriot League Football Team

Offensive Player of the Year: Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross, Sr., QB
Defensive Player of the Year: Andy Romans, Lafayette, Sr., LB
Rookie of the Year: Nate Eachus, Colgate, Fr., RB
Coach of the Year: Dick Biddle, Colgate

First-Team Offense

QB Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross, Sr.
RB Nate Eachus, Colgate, Fr.
RB Jordan Scott, Colgate, Sr.
FB/HB Joe Russo, Lafayette, Sr.
WR Jon Brock, Holy Cross, Sr.
WR Pat Simonds, Colgate, Jr.
TE Ryan McGuire, Holy Cross, Sr.
OL Nick Hennessey, Colgate, Sr.
OL Steve Jonas, Colgate, Sr.
OL Aaron Jones, Holy Cross, Jr.
OL Will Rackley, Lehigh, So.
OL Rich Rosabella, Colgate, Sr.
RS A.J. Kizekai, Bucknell, Jr.
K Matt Partain, Holy Cross, Sr.

First-Team Defense

DL BJ Benning, Lehigh, Jr.
DL Greg DeMarco, Fordham, Sr.
DL Brian Jackson, Lehigh, Sr.
DL Jason Mills, Lafayette, Sr.
LB Matt Cohen, Lehigh, Jr.
LB Tim Diamond, Lehigh, Sr.
LB Mark Leggiero, Lafayette, Jr.
LB Andy Romans, Lafayette, Sr.
DB Quadir Carter, Lehigh, Sr.
DB Chris Ekpo, Colgate, Sr.
DB Matt Loucks, Fordham, Sr.
DB Wayne Moten, Colgate, Jr.
P Jason Leo, Lehigh, Sr.

Second-Team Offense

QB Greg Sullivan, Colgate, So.
RB Mike Kielt, Holy Cross, Sr.
RB A.J. Kizekai, Bucknell, Jr.
WR Shaun Adair, Lafayette, Sr.
WR Shaun Pasternak, Bucknell, So.
TE Mike Conte, Lafayette, Sr.
OL Kevin Bayani, Lehigh, Sr.
OL Ryan Hart-Predmore, Lafayette, Jr.
OL Leo Plenski, Lafayette, Sr.
OL Chris Poole, Holy Cross, Sr.
OL Justin Sarabez, Fordham, Sr.
RS Shaun Adair, Lafayette, Sr.
K Davis Rodriguez, Lafayette, So.

Second-Team Defense

DL Austin Douglas, Colgate, Jr.
DL Ataefiok Etukeren, Georgetown, Sr.
DL Paul Mancuso, Colgate, Jr.
DL Ryan Mehra, Fordham, Sr.
LB James Crockett, Fordham, Jr.
LB Greg Hadley, Colgate, Jr.
LB Sean Lamkin, Holy Cross, Jr.
LB Marcus Rodriguez, Holy Cross, Jr.
DB Daryl Brown, Holy Cross, Sr.
DB Jarard Cribbs, Lehigh, So.
DB Travis Mack, Georgetown, Jr.
DB Michael Wright, Holy Cross, Jr.
P Phil Azarik, Bucknell, Sr.

http://patriotleague.cstv.com/photos/schools/patr/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/PLFBallAll-League112508.pdf

letsgopards04
November 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
How is a Colgate receiver on the 1st team? Don't they only throw like 5 times a game? xconfusedx

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
How is a Colgate receiver on the 1st team? Don't they only throw like 5 times a game? xconfusedx

Yes--but he cathes 4 of them for about 120 yards. He is legit and the reason why Colgate beat Lehigh.

DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Six of seven schools get at least one first team selection. What's next, forgetting to invite someone to Media Day?

Thanks, but no thanks.

smallcollegefbfan
November 25th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Six of seven schools get at least one first team selection. What's next, forgetting to invite someone to Media Day?

Thanks, but no thanks.

I have not seen Georgetown play this year so I have no clue who would deserve 1st team. Who would you put on it and who would you bump down to 2nd team?

bison137
November 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
The vote at WR may be the biggest miscarriage of justice in the 15 years I've been looking closely at the votes. There is NO way that Pasternak shouldn't be one of the two 1st team WR's. He had the best stats in the PL despite being double covered constantly, plus having three different starting QB's, plus having an offense that was geared towards running the ball.

OLPOP
November 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
How about X Martin leading the league in rushing and getting no recognition?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I don't agree with Sullivan getting second team over J.B Clark. The numbers speak for themselves. Sullivan and Colgate struggled for a reason when they were forced to throw the ball. Sullivans rushing numbers are good but i still don't think it adds up.
Rushing
Player Att Comp % Yards TD's INTS Rating Yards TD's
Sullivan 184 110 59.8 1527 11 7 141.6 865 7
Clark 335 192 57.3 2350 23 10 132.9 68 3

danefan
November 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats to Sullivan, another former Section IX (NY State football) guy! My former section!

DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I have not seen Georgetown play this year so I have no clue who would deserve 1st team. Who would you put on it and who would you bump down to 2nd team?

Sophomore LB Nick Parrish: fourth in the PL in tackles (73), 1st in interception return yardage (126). Didn't make either team.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
All PL teams are always bunk. Who votes on these things anyway?

colorless raider
November 25th, 2008, 03:10 PM

I can only guess you have not seen us play.

colorless raider
November 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I don't agree with Sullivan getting second team over J.B Clark. The numbers speak for themselves. Sullivan and Colgate struggled for a reason when they were forced to throw the ball. Sullivans rushing numbers are good but i still don't think it adds up.
Rushing

Every year to the victors go the spoils, fair or unfair. There are numerous questionable picks.

colorless raider
November 25th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Sophomore LB Nick Parrish: fourth in the PL in tackles (73), 1st in interception return yardage (126). Didn't make either team.

You are probably correct on him.

letsgopards04
November 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I can only guess you have not seen us play.

I haven't but Franks Tanks explained it to me. xthumbsupx

bison137
November 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Rushing

If you're going to make a statistical case, Bucknell's Marcello Trigg also has a good case:

Trigg 104 155 67.1 1438 13 3 179.8 .?. 6

Tunkmaster
November 25th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Actually, he was fourth in tackles per game. He only had 19 solo tackles, which isn't even top-25. His numbers were mostly assists. The other top LBs on the list were 40+ solos. No way is he even a second team all-star as a LB. However, a more impressive GU defender could have been on the list - Etukeren. Second in "Tackles for Loss", sixth in sacks, etc.

Tunkmaster
November 25th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Rushing

I don't think Colgate was "forced" to pass too much this season, but when they were, they hardly struggled. Sullivan had a higher pass efficiency rating than Clark and was behind Randolph by less than a point in efficiency. But the reason Sully was second team and not Clark is the Ws. QB is about leadership and winning.

ColgateTD
November 25th, 2008, 07:35 PM
(1) Congrats to Coach Biddle on COTY honors - richly deserved; (2) Kudos to all the 'Gate players mentioned on the All-Star teams; magnificent season; (3) Thanks to all the other PL All-Stars for providing the stiff competition that served to bring out the best in our team. You all were great!...:)

ngineer
November 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
The vote at WR may be the biggest miscarriage of justice in the 15 years I've been looking closely at the votes. There is NO way that Pasternak shouldn't be one of the two 1st team WR's. He had the best stats in the PL despite being double covered constantly, plus having three different starting QB's, plus having an offense that was geared towards running the ball.

I agree Pasternak was amazing. I got tired of hearing his name when we played the Bison. Pasternak, Simonds and Adair were the top WR's IMO.

colgate13
November 25th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Congratulations to all that got the awards. There were plenty of talented players in the league. As previously noted though, these lists generally reflect team standings.

I would like to also point out that with his 4th PL Coach of the Year award, Biddle ties Mark Duffner for the all time lead there. Also Romans becomes the 2nd repeat Defense POY in league history. Congrats to both!