PDA

View Full Version : Does the committee hate the state of SC

WOCO
November 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I just find it a little odd that the two schools from the state of SC are traveling to the #1 and #2 seeds in the playoffs. Don't worry, we are going to show up for the game but dam@#%n!!!!

bandl
November 24th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Most people do. xpeacex

It's the south's version of New Jersey. xpeacex

JMU Newbill
November 24th, 2008, 12:09 PM
If its any consolation, we are not at all excited to see Wofford come and play. You guys have earned our respect already.

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Regionalization.

The top two seeds being from North Carolina and Virginia hurt South Carolina playoff teams more than anything. Wofford and SC State are the closest teams to Boone and Harrisonburg.

yosef1969
November 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Probably just double secret probation due to the confederate flag issue.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM

xeekx xeyebrowx could be...

WOCO
November 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Thats fine with me. Just say it out loud so that can get rid of the damn thing.

ATrain
November 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
They hate Virginia more by snubbing W&M and Liberty.

And keep the flag flying IMO.

BearGibson
November 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM
SC = the armpit of the South, no wait - America, no wait - the World...

(most of my family is from SC and I still feel this way)

MaroonDoom
November 24th, 2008, 12:54 PM
The committee may hate SC, but I love SC (i.e.- that night in Myrtle Beach with that blond). Sorry. I agree with the flag quote.

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM
It's not hate, a deep dislike maybe, but not hate

Appfan_in_CAAland
November 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Could be worse, Michigan or Arkansas for example.

StrikeJMU
November 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM
They hate Virginia more by snubbing W&M and Liberty.

And keep the flag flying IMO.

...normally when one side wins the war, the other side takes their flag down.

woffordgrad94
November 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I am from SC and my current girl is originally from Michigan (went to Michigan State), and I think we're both overall good, decent people. SC is not an "armpit", although I sure do hate the strong presence of the "religious right" here (but that's for another thread). And to answer the original question- NO! The playoff committee is simply regionalizing everything because the economy sucks. Overall, this is kind of a silly, pointless thread, and I knew it was going to get into this "SC sucks" crap before I even read it.

LacesOut
November 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I always thought that they hated JMU. They seem to screw the Dukes just about every year.

WoffDoc04
November 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
SC = the armpit of the South, no wait - America, no wait - the World...

(most of my family is from SC and I still feel this way)

The armpit is really not all that bad, slap a little deodorant on it and it actually smells quite nice.

Oh, but I forgot you Hillbill...I mean "Mountaineers" don't know all that much about personal hygeine.;)

catamount man
November 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM
"YES WE'RE GOOD SANDLAPPERS
YES WE'RE GOOD SANDLAPPERS
AND WE'RE MIGHTY PROUD TO SAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.......
THAT WE LIVE
YES WE LIVE
IN THE VERY FINEST STATE OF THE...USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry, 3rd grade memories. DAMN YOU HATERS! MY STATE ROCKS!!!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

woffordgrad94
November 24th, 2008, 03:04 PM
THAT WE LIVE
YES WE LIVE

Oh, God. I HATED singing that song!:( (even though I, for the most part, like my state)

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
THAT WE LIVE
YES WE LIVE

Hate to say it but I don't think that that songs taught in the curriculum anymore (I would know).

CCUCheer
November 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I don't get it, I really like South Carolina. I don't plan on staying here my whole life, but I was happy to get out of snobby New England, to the friendly sunny shores of SC. There are tacky parts yes, but its like that everywhere. New England has them too. I am surprised to hear all the negativity about the state. Charleston and Hilton Head are gorgeous, Myrtle Beach is fun, Columbia has some nice spots, and there are some pretty inland areas along the rivers with pretty moss trees and parks. You guys are fools ;) lol

woffordgrad94
November 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I don't get it, I really like South Carolina. I don't plan on staying here my whole life, but I was happy to get out of snobby New England, to the friendly sunny shores of SC. There are tacky parts yes, but its like that everywhere. New England has them too. I am surprised to hear all the negativity about the state. Charleston and Hilton Head are gorgeous, Myrtle Beach is fun, Columbia has some nice spots, and there are some pretty inland areas along the rivers with pretty moss trees and parks. You guys are fools ;) lol

I think it's all based on stupid stereotypes for the most part.

But we have the mountains close by, excellent beaches, Southern hospitality, great weather, and some of the best-looking girls anywhere!

DX Man
November 24th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I think the Wofford fans (or lack of) caused them to be on the road the first round. I also think that the Wofford -vs- JMU game is the game of the day for Saturday and should have gotten the ESPNU coverage.

Griswold
November 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I think it's all based on stupid stereotypes for the most part.

But we have the mountains close by, excellent beaches, Southern hospitality, great weather, and some of the best-looking girls anywhere!

Those are the ones just passing through to get to North Carolina or Georgia! ;)

wocorebel
November 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
THAT WE LIVE
YES WE LIVE

Sandlappers Corner was where it was at.

wocorebel
November 24th, 2008, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=DX Man;1226559]I think the Wofford fans (or lack of) caused them to be on the road the first round. I also think that the Wofford -vs- JMU game is the game of the day for Saturday and should have gotten the ESPNU coverage.[/QUOT

It is hard to fill games when out living alumni base is around 10,000. Wofford is a selective school. We put the SCHOLAR in scholar athlete.

kirkblitz
November 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
South Carolina would be a much better state if we werent invaded by people from new jersey and ohio every day. Damn yankees

TTUEagles
November 24th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Do they still have to sell booze in those goofy minature bottles in bars?
Other than that, I like SC - Beaufort, Hilton Head, Charleston...

catamount man
November 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hate to say it but I don't think that that songs taught in the curriculum anymore (I would know).

Could you rub the age difference in anymore? xthumbsupx ;)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
November 24th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Do they still have to sell booze in those goofy minature bottles in bars?
Other than that, I like SC - Beaufort, Hilton Head, Charleston...

Nope. We've been free pour for a couple of years. xthumbsupx

DX Man
November 24th, 2008, 09:03 PM
It is hard to fill games when out living alumni base is around 10,000. Wofford is a selective school. We put the SCHOLAR in scholar athlete.

I agree that your selectivity is the problem when it comes to fans. Hopefully your people can do a better job with marketing your program. It's not like your in a small town. I did see some ads in my local paper (Forest City, NC) offering $10 tickets to one of your games. That's a start.xpeacex

Good Luck! Wouldn't it be nice to have an all SoCon Championship game?

R.A.
November 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM

But SC State is an HBCU...

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2008, 09:24 PM

I like riding down the old country roads in the upstate between "The peach" and Rock Hill, pretty good sites.