18. Maine 642
19. Elon 549
20. Eastern Kentucky 513
21. Jacksonville St. 371
22. McNeese St. 352
23. South Dakota St. 306
24. Texas St. 238
25. Massachusetts 143
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Tennessee-Martin (38), Albany (26), Furman (26), Prairie View A&M (25), Grambling St. (24), Western Illinois (7), Florida A&M (6), North Dakota St. (6), Holy Cross (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Liberty
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Elon

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Cal Poly stays at 3 with a loss? Anybody else loses to FBS, they drop.

malibudude
November 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Um, did you catch the game?

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Most significant loss was indisuputably Weber State. They went from having a seed lined up to not even having a home game.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 12:40 PM
harvard is too high IMO...

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Most significant loss was indisuputably Weber State. They went from having a seed lined up to not even having a home game.

Elon went from in the playoffs to out of the playoffsxnodx

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 12:41 PM

I agree much bigger deal... for me texas st was biggest win for same reason... lose your out win your in...

tingly
November 24th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Teams don't move as far with wins and losses late in the season, too. I don't think W&M needed to drop more than a spot, taking Richmond into OT.

phoenixphanatic21
November 24th, 2008, 12:43 PM

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2008, 12:48 PM

A close loss is still a loss.

Overtime loss in playoffs = plane or bus ride home.

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Um yeah I did. Did you? You do know that Wisconsin won the game. Field goals are part of the game too.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Little surprised UNH didn't move up with back-to-back wins over Maine and Mass (both in the top 25) but it doesn't really matter now.

I think Maine and William and Mary are far too low, and Harvard is far, far too high.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM

you would probably head home after a win as well! xsmiley_wix

danefan
November 24th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Colgate = WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to high.

They snuck by unranked Holy Cross and jumped 6 spots?
Sorry, no way Colgate is a top 15 team.

Rob Iola
November 24th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Liberty's win didn't put them in the playoffs - Colgate and EKU had the more meaningful wins...

Rob Iola
November 24th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Why is UNI ranked higher than SIU? Both have 2 losses, and SIU beat UNI...

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Why is UNI ranked higher than SIU? Both have 2 losses, and SIU beat UNI...

xoopsx xoopsx

art vandelay
November 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM
can't believe cal poly didn't drop. every other team drops when they lose.

Poly Pigskin
November 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM

But this is a poll, not a game, and there is much more information available to base your rankings on than simply the L or W.

BDKJMU
November 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM

How many other I-AA teams took a .500 BCS to OT? Using your logic, it doesn't matter if they lose by 1 or 50.

art vandelay
November 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM
eh, didn't see who they lost too. point taken.

Poly Pigskin
November 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM

Really? I seem to recall a certain team getting blown out by LSU and keeping their ranking.

lizrdgizrd
Liberty's win didn't put them in the playoffs - Colgate and EKU had the more meaningful wins...
I'm with you, Rob. Liberty's win was insignificant on the national stage. Elon's loss is the issue. xsmhx

colgate13
after watching the Harvard/Yale game on TV I would agree!

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Really? I seem to recall a certain team getting blown out by LSU and keeping their ranking.

:D three straight titles helps out :D

newsbreaker
November 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Cal Poly loses to a poor Wisconsin team close, and they stay the same. Appy State loses to a better LSU team, and they stay the same. Any other FCS team loses to an FBS team, and they drop - often significantly.

The only logic in this is that there is no logic.

To answer the UNI question - UNI is ranked higher than SIU for the same reason UNI has a seed and SIU doesn't. Even despite the head-to-head result, the evidence supports a conclusion that UNI is the better team. Reasonable men can differ on whether this is an indictment of SIU or a vote of extreme confidence in UNI.

danefan
November 24th, 2008, 01:31 PM

its what I've been saying all year....I wonder how high people are ranking Harvard who haven't actually seen them play versus the people who have seen them play.

Harvard is a good team and deserves to be a top 25 team, but in no way should they be ranked this high.

Rob Iola
November 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
To answer the UNI question - UNI is ranked higher than SIU for the same reason UNI has a seed and SIU doesn't. Even despite the head-to-head result, the evidence supports a conclusion that UNI is the better team. Reasonable men can differ on whether this is an indictment of SIU or a vote of extreme confidence in UNI.
What evidence? An extra win negates the head-to-head result? Both teams lost their FBS match-up, and aside from head-to-head the only difference was SIU losing at NDSU while UNI took the Bison in the UniDome. UNI's extra OOC game was either to a 3-6 Nichols State team or a 4-7 Southern Utah team.

GrizNation93
November 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Cal-Poly should have won that game. Why don't they just get a guy out of the stands to kick for them!?! Sheesh!

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM

I caught the game, your team failed to excecute the simplest of plays.

Wisconsin is a .500 team (wouldn't even be that without a couple of FCS games) in a poor conference. Had they lost to you, you guys wouldn't have beaten a winning record D-I team all year. Opps, sorry. SDSU finished 6-5

Poly Pigskin
November 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM

No team has ever lost and not dropped at least one spot in the polls. I don't have the facts to back that up but I am making that statement. Can someone prove me wrong?

ASU lost to LSU and stayed #1 in Week 1.

BeauFoster
November 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Where did Weber State's #1 vote go???

xwhistlex

LehighFan11
November 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM

Wisconsin is a .500 team (wouldn't even be that without a couple of FCS games) in a poor conference. Had they lost to you, you guys wouldn't have beaten a winning record D-I team all year. Opps, sorry. SDSU finished 6-5
Please. Cal Poly out played Wisconsin and lost by 3 extra points. No way they should drop at all. Did UNI drop when they got pounded by BYU? If you dropped Poly after losing by 1 point to Wisconsin, I hope you dropped UNI after they beat the worst team known to man 28-0 2 weeks ago.

BirdieJack
November 24th, 2008, 02:30 PM

7-5 and can't hardly wait for 2009 Hobo Day, especially after reading this thread.

Did you UNI guys even WATCH a minute of the UW/Poly game?? It was as impressive of a performance by ANY FCS team on television this year, missed extra points or not.
Yes, more impressive than App over Wofford.

Go Jacks!!

wideright82
November 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Cal-Poly should have won that game. Why don't they just get a guy out of the stands to kick for them!?! Sheesh!

haha, im pretty sure i have a year of eligibility left if their looking. xlolx

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Okay, thanks for showing me that App State didn't drop from #1. Yes, UNI dropped 6 spots after losing to BYU, a team that would have Pounded Wisconsin with the way Wisc played Saturday.

As I mentioned, I caught the game. It was a nice game, YOU LOST!!!

I don't insist on why there are so many moral victories to you guys. Sorry about the 7-5 thing, my bad.

clenz
November 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
A loss is a loss. Oklahoma lost to Texas, both top 5 teams at the time, and OU dropped.

A team should drop after a loss. A loss is a loss regardless who it is too.

HOWEVER, had they taken Texas, OU, USC, or Florida to OT like that, I would not have a problem with them staying where they were. However, this Wisky team is garbage. They blew a 19 points halftime lead to freaking Michigan and Michigan was probably the worst B10 team this year.....

(This coming from a UM/UNI dual fan)

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Dual Fan, Dual Fan, Dual Fan, Dual Fan, Dual Fan!!!!!!!!

clenz
November 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Dual Fan, Dual Fan, Dual Fan, Dual Fan, Dual Fan!!!!!!!!

I know...I am a shame to the FCS.

In my defense I was brain washed by ESPN at a young age, and have started to see the light the last few years.

Please forgive me. xprayx

jlcharles
November 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
haha, im pretty sure i have a year of eligibility left if their looking. xlolx

More clues to the identity of this ex-player. Hmmmm. A kicker huh?

Harvard Worship
November 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM

no love. :(

As for Cal Poly, you can't make them fall for barely losing to Wisconsin.

tingly
November 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Polls are about ranking teams, not robotically raising and dropping them because they won or lost (tho that's usually what happens). Praise the polls for doing the right thing instead of committing the same mistake yet again.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
...still don't get how McNeese is ahead of us.

oh well, they're at home, we're not. that's all that matters, right?

:-)

wideright82
November 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM
More clues to the identity of this ex-player. Hmmmm. A kicker huh?

just one more piece of the puzzle xthumbsupx

MSU_77
November 24th, 2008, 06:18 PM
...still don't get how McNeese is ahead of us.

oh well, they're at home, we're not. that's all that matters, right?

:-)

Want to trade places? xrolleyesx

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
haha hell no.

actually...i'll let u know after saturday.

BEAR
November 24th, 2008, 08:14 PM
#11 WOW!

Thanks for giving the BEARS respect this entire year AGS community! I hope we prove worthy in the years to come!

danefan
November 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
#11 WOW!

Thanks for giving the BEARS respect this entire year AGS community! I hope we prove worthy in the years to come!

Please please please don't pull a NDSU......stay good after you become playoff eligible.....xthumbsupxxsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
its what I've been saying all year....I wonder how high people are ranking Harvard who haven't actually seen them play versus the people who have seen them play.

Harvard is a good team and deserves to be a top 25 team, but in no way should they be ranked this high.

I had my alma mater at 18. That seemed about right.

danefan
November 24th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I had my alma mater at 18. That seemed about right.

OK, should have qualified that by saying, those "non-homers" who have seen them play.;)

And BTW, I don't mind the 18th spot (higher than I have them, but not too far off).