PDA

View Full Version : My Avatar

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Before all of my ASU friends think I have become a turncoat and full of sour grapes, even though, I am full of something, let me explain.

The first playoff game I ever attended happened to be in the first year the SoCon moved to I-AA and was FU against SC State which happens to be the last year that SC State made the playoffs. SC State won the game with relative ease and I wasn't very happy about it but I was happy that I made a life long friend who was an SC State fan. For the rest of my friends life we sat with each other every time Furman and SC State played. My friend isn't around any longer to see SC State back in the playoffs, but I wear the avatar out of respect for a friendship that lastest as long as was physically possible.

MY avatar no way disrepects my ASU friends or my SoCon roots but salutes my friend Ken.

With SC State back in the playoffs, my thoughts of him are with me even more than usual. xnodx

To my ASU friends , no offense intended.

As my friend citdog would say, I don't have a lot a friends but this fellow was one and he was certainly a good one

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Before all of my ASU friends think I have become a turncoat and full of sour grapes, even though, I am full of something, let me explain.

The first playoff game I ever attended happened to be in the first year the SoCon moved to I-AA and was FU against SC State which happens to be the last year that SC State made the playoffs. SC State won the game with relative ease and I was very happy about it but I was happy that I made a life long friend who was an SC State fan. For the rest of my friends life we sat with each other every time Furman and SC State played. My friend isn't around any longer to see SC State back in the playoffs, but I where the avatar out of respect for a friendship that lastest as long as was physically possible.

MY avatar no way disrepects my ASU friends or my SoCon roots but salutes my friend Ken.

With SC State back in the playoffs, my thoughts of him are with me even more than usual. xnodx

As my friend citdog would say, I don't have a lot a friends but this fellows was one and he was certainly a good one
xthumbsupx

But its ok to stick it to ASU too xsmiley_wix

AshevilleApp2
November 24th, 2008, 09:33 AM

The first playoff game I ever attended happened to be in the first year the SoCon moved to I-AA and was FU against SC State which happens to be the last year that SC State made the playoffs. SC State won the game with relative ease and I was very happy about it but I was happy that I made a life long friend who was an SC State fan. For the rest of my friends life we sat with each other every time Furman and SC State played. My friend isn't around any longer to see SC State back in the playoffs, but I where the avatar out of respect for a friendship that lastest as long as was physically possible.

As my friend citdog would say, I don't have a lot a friends but this fellows was one and he was certainly a good one

Great show of respect for your friend FU.

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 09:34 AM
xthumbsupx

But its ok to stick it to ASU too xsmiley_wix

Well there is that too:o xlolx

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 09:53 AM
My apologies for jumping the gun in the Smack Forum. Although, it would have been well understand. Great story. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 09:56 AM

The first playoff game I ever attended happened to be in the first year the SoCon moved to I-AA and was FU against SC State which happens to be the last year that SC State made the playoffs. SC State won the game with relative ease and I wasn't very happy about it but I was happy that I made a life long friend who was an SC State fan. For the rest of my friends life we sat with each other every time Furman and SC State played. My friend isn't around any longer to see SC State back in the playoffs, but I wear the avatar out of respect for a friendship that lastest as long as was physically possible.

As my friend citdog would say, I don't have a lot a friends but this fellow was one and he was certainly a good one

I also would like to apologize for some remarks I made about your avatar...

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
My apologies for jumping the gun in the Smack Forum. Although, it would have been well understand. Great story. xthumbsupx

It was I who jumped the gun. Foresight isn't my strongest point (recalling two divorcesxlolx xbawlingx ). I should have known that the avatar would have raised questions and those without the history, which is everyone but me, would misconstrue the meaning through no fault of their own. xnodx

proasu89
November 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Well aren't you a sentimental old goatxlolx Great story and thanks for sharing!

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Well aren't you a sentimental old goatxlolx Great story and thanks for sharing!

Down right smarmy:o

andy7171
November 24th, 2008, 09:59 AM

A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Down right smarmy:o

Wrong word, goat is more fittingxlolx

citdog
November 24th, 2008, 10:23 AM
scalawag......

catamount man
November 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
OL FU, you are a great person and a good friend. Should my time come early also, I expect a WCU helmet as your avatar. HA! Just kidding.

Seriously, a good thing to do to remember a friend. Happy turkey day to you and your kids. All the best. :) xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Appstate29
November 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I had to change MY avatar because I bragged about ELON! (I know, dumb). Not as heart-warming as OL FU, but sucks none-the-less.

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 10:43 AM
scalawag......

I know, but it is better than rooting for the knobsxnodx

Are we drinking this weekxconfusedx Crapsville is running out of the cheap stuffxlolx

OL FU
November 24th, 2008, 10:58 AM
OL FU, you are a great person and a good friend. Should my time come early also, I expect a WCU helmet as your avatar. HA! Just kidding.

Seriously, a good thing to do to remember a friend. Happy turkey day to you and your kids. All the best. :) xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Here's to not having to wear that helmet for a long timexthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

catamount man
November 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Here's to not having to wear that helmet for a long timexthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

Lord willing. xthumbsupx

OL FU
November 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Feels good to put the old helmet back onxnodx