PDA

View Full Version : Who will win? UNH at SIU

Pages : [1] 2

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Vote and Discuss

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
the boys from carbondale possibly should have been a seed and they will show why...

slycat
November 24th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Wildcats grab the upset.

Killsback
November 24th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Salukis are 16-1 in their last 17 games at the MAC. I see the Salukis winning this one 24-13.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM
the boys from carbondale possibly should have been a seed and they will show why...
SIU shouldn't look at UNH as an easy win, but if they want to thats fine, they will have plenty of time to look back on the game and realize how good UNH is.

Killsback
November 24th, 2008, 10:29 AM
U-Mass was really good last year too and they came to Carbondale and weny home with an "L". Delaware was the only game we lost and that was in last year's semi-finals in a game many, including Delaware people, thought we should have won. Too many mistakes....We need to continue to play our soolid "D" and take advantage of any mistakes UNH may make.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 10:44 AM
i think siu should be scared, i dont think good teams know what they can do, we fell apart against W&M and Villinova, but we are an extremely well rounded team. im not saying we are going to win, but if we bring our a game, watch out, it is a unh team that isnt just a deep ball

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
The Salukis should be slight favorites in this game, but I think it's the most winnable of the teams on the road.

UNH SUPERFAN
November 24th, 2008, 10:49 AM
It's not how you played all year or what your record is, it's how your playing NOW that counts. UNH destroyed a ranked UMass team, then went on the road in terrible conditions and beat a playoff-bound Maine team. UNH is playing as well as anyone in the country right now and will show it on Saturday.

UNH 35, SIU 17

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2008, 10:51 AM
In doing a bit of a statistical analysis of SIU, it seems they're heavily relient on the production of Larry Warner, as Chris Dieker has not had a particularly great effort this year (15 TD/8 INT, QB rating of 125). Toman, by contrast, has been considerably better (27 TD/8 INT) but is without the running game of Warner, as UNH essentially splits between Simpson (650+ Yards) and Kackert (550+). SIU does have five players over 20 catches, while UNH has just two, so they seem to spread it around without a real goto guy. Warner is averaging an alarming 35 yards per return, which is crazy. Need to avoid ST's gaffs, as they've happened each of the last two weeks.

It would appear to me that if UNH can shutdown Warner, or at least contain him, and make Dieker try and beat them, they can and should win. If SIU can successfully set up the pass with the run, then UNH is in trouble.

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 11:27 AM
UNH will win. SIU has been squeaking by too many games. It will end on Saturday.

griz&beer
November 24th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Home team bye 10

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
In doing a bit of a statistical analysis of SIU, it seems they're heavily relient on the production of Larry Warner, as Chris Dieker has not had a particularly great effort this year (15 TD/8 INT, QB rating of 125). Toman, by contrast, has been considerably better (27 TD/8 INT) but is without the running game of Warner, as UNH essentially splits between Simpson (650+ Yards) and Kackert (550+). SIU does have five players over 20 catches, while UNH has just two, so they seem to spread it around without a real goto guy. Warner is averaging an alarming 35 yards per return, which is crazy. Need to avoid ST's gaffs, as they've happened each of the last two weeks.

It would appear to me that if UNH can shutdown Warner, or at least contain him, and make Dieker try and beat them, they can and should win. If SIU can successfully set up the pass with the run, then UNH is in trouble.

xbawlingx Warner was injured early in the IlSt game and may not play. UNH is good enough to win the game even if he does play.

I think there are a couple of other things that are in UNH's favor:

SIU is a young team, (nine seniors on both two-deep charts) that is still adjusting to a new system and a new coaching staff; while they're doing well for a team picked fifth in their conference, there is still a lot of adjusting to do, as their stats show. Throw in an opponent who would be the champion and AQ in any league except the powerful CAA and the Dawgs have their work cut out, (unlike UNI who gets rewarded for losing to SIU with a sacrificial first-timer and a seed.)

SIU's home-field advantage will be minimized by school being closed this week and the student-body returning en masse to Chicago.

In SIU's favor: good intangibles this year, and if they continue to have them they may pull off the upset.

Killsback
November 24th, 2008, 11:43 AM
UNH will win. SIU has been squeaking by too many games. It will end on Saturday.

I thought UNI could not wait for the rematch at the UNI Dome. Don't worry, we will hold up our end of the bargain.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Smart to stick with the same prediction, you're bound to be right eventually.xcoffeex

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
What's the details behind Warren's injury. I voted for SIU before I saw that info.

What's the forecast - I think rain could great affect the game, especially for UNH's passing game.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Gotta agree with my new best friend, Valley Champ. Carriage has slowly been turning into a pumpkin since the NDSU game and that ain't no way to enter the tournament.

My heart's with the Dawgs, but my brain says -

UNH 23
SIU 17

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I frankly don't think UNI wants a part of either of these two teams...along with JMU/Wofford and Maine/UNI, this should be one of the best opening around games.

Killsback
November 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Gotta agree with my new best friend, Valley Champ. Carriage has slowly been turning into a pumpkin since the NDSU game and that ain't no way to enter the tournament.

UNH 23
SIU 17

Oh Cap'n my Cap'n, oh yee of little faith. As you well know as a former player, what happens on the field depends on a great many things. Its not how you play an opponent, but a lot of times when you play them. The bottom line is SIU is 9-2 and Valley Champs and auto qualifiers and awaiting a return trip to the dome of doom when webeat UNH. It does not matter if we win by 1 or 21...Just win baby!

unialum95
November 24th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'd rather see SIU then UNH at this point and will be pulling for the ugly dogs. Shutting down Warner is easier said than done. UNH may have been granted a reprieve if he isn't 100% for the game. With Warner I'd take SIU. Without we'll see UNH visiting the dome after a UNI win over Maine.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 11:52 AM
What's the details behind Warren's injury. I voted for SIU before I saw that info.

What's the forecast - I think rain could great affect the game, especially for UNH's passing game.

thats what i though against maine in the snow, they did an excellent job with their running game, and it opened up some short passes that were huge gains.

the thing about unh's running game is we have multiple backs who all run a different style

saying this bad weather would benifit SIU, but i dont think it kill unh's chances

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM

UNH 23
SIU 17

xrotatehx You're referring to a seven-game winning streak during which we've trailed for exactly 00:00 minutes as "turning into a pumpkin"? A textbook example of why they call it "dope", if you ask me.

UNI knows better than anyone how we love pressure situations and make big plays on key downs.xnodx

Killsback
November 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Warner did not look like he was limping when he scored his 6 yard TD late in the fourth quarter...Warner will be fine and he is a load to try and contain. His all purpose yards are sic!

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
thats what i though against maine in the snow, they did an excellent job with their running game, and it opened up some short passes that were huge gains.

the thing about unh's running game is we have multiple backs who all run a different style

saying this bad weather would benifit SIU, but i dont think it kill unh's chances

I don't agree that bad weather helps SIU. I want a dry field for our defensive speed.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Oh Cap'n my Cap'n, oh yee of little faith. As you well know as a former player, what happens on the field depends on a great many things. Its not how you play an opponent, but a lot of times when you play them. The bottom line is SIU is 9-2 and Valley Champs and auto qualifiers and awaiting a return trip to the dome of doom when webeat UNH. It does not matter if we win by 1 or 21...Just win baby!

Valley Champ is correct in pointing out your team's stumbling into the playoffs. You've plateaud and struggled against teams with which UNI had little trouble, ex YSU. You did not finish strong, son.

I don't wanna see SIU back in the Dome because I don't wanna hear the whining until next August about another ***** performance there.

:D

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM

UNH has played and won in the rain a couple of times this year. Rain is not the concern of a good passing team like UNH. It is wind. If it is a windy day, then that will have an effect on the passing game. Against Maine there was lots of wind, but UNH ran the ball effectively against a quality defense.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I'd rather see SIU then UNH at this point and will be pulling for the ugly dogs. Shutting down Warner is easier said than done. UNH may have been granted a reprieve if he isn't 100% for the game. With Warner I'd take SIU. Without we'll see UNH visiting the dome after a UNI win over Maine.

at the same time dont count out maine if there d shows up, i dont think anyone has really seen what they can do...

remember even though they played a below average umass team, they played one who had thier playoffs on the line, i only saw the last couple drives, but its saying something if you can out fight a desperate umass

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
xrotatehx You're referring to a seven-game winning streak during which we've trailed for exactly 00:00 minutes as "turning into a pumpkin"? A textbook example of why they call it "dope", if you ask me.

UNI knows better than anyone how we love pressure situations and make big plays on key downs.xnodx

Um, yes, I am calling it that.

You won seven in a row, but many, just barely. You did not perform at the same level UNI did.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I don't agree that bad weather helps SIU. I want a dry field for our defensive speed.

good point, in the end its going to be a hard fought game, these teams seem to match up well on paper

danefan
November 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I took UNH. Sicko will be uncovered for the majority of the game and will be the difference. 2 TD's and 75 yards receiving for Sicko!

UNH to the UNI dome for a rematch.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I took UNH. Sicko will be uncovered for the majority of the game and will be the difference. 2 TD's and 75 yards receiving for Sicko!

UNH to the UNI dome for a rematch.

i dont think unh will have that one guy, aside from jellison vs dartmouth we really havent had any one key player in most games, which means USI will have their hands full all over.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Um, yes, I am calling it that.

You won seven in a row, but many, just barely. You did not perform at the same level UNI did.

Just barely, my ass. We have never been behind in any of our wins

Big plays on key downs. We've been doing it all year.

And yeah, you guys really handled SUU.xwhistlex

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I said this before, SIU having to beat Missouri State on a long bomb the last play of the game is terrible. That MSU team is HORRID, and they almost beat the Salukis. That game along with all of the other narrow wins against marginal teams gives me no faith that SIU can beat UNH.

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Weather channel has 30% chance of sporadic rain on Friday for Carbondale, Saturday 10 mph winds with a high of 43 - no rain currently.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Warner seems a lot like Chad Kackert, who might have similar numbers if he wasn't injured for four or five games this season. UNI had a tough time dealing with him. SIU is well-balanced but in glancing at their team stats, do not appear to be elite anywhere. They are going to have a tough time stopping UNH's passing game, as everyone does. UNH needs to convert in the RZ and avoid huge, killer penalties, again.

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Last Seven games, total

Pts For Pts Against
209 80 UNI Avg. Margin of Victory 19
235 104 SIU Avg. Margin of Victory 19

I don't know if you can make the argument that they have squeeked by and they haven't. The only thing you could say is that their stats are skewed from playing Indiana State at home and putting up 60, and playing a D-II during that stretch. All in all, good luck to SIU, hope we see you in the dome!

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I'll pick UNH for the road upset. They have been coming on strong lately.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Yeah, just to stay alive, Hounder!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'm thinking about MSU, ILSU and WIU - all teams UNI dispatched quite easily. Oh, NDSU, too.

xoopsx

You won some of them by the skin of your scrotum, brotha. That's why you have no seed and that's why you're on the hind teat again, in the shadow of conference big brother, UNI.

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I'll pick UNH for the road upset. They have been coming on strong lately.

Mods can't vote unless they're public Mods.

xcoffeex

art vandelay
November 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
is this game going to be on TV anywhere. or does SIU have streaming video for the game?

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 12:49 PM

And yeah, you guys really handled SUU.xwhistlex

Thats a nice spin on it I guess. Who are you trying to convince, Us or yourself?

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Thats a nice spin on it I guess. Who are you trying to convince, Us or yourself?

No shat!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Mods can't vote unless they're public Mods.

xcoffeex

Huh?xconfusedx

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I said this before, SIU having to beat Missouri State on a long bomb the last play of the game is terrible. That MSU team is HORRID, and they almost beat the Salukis. That game along with all of the other narrow wins against marginal teams gives me no faith that SIU can beat UNH.

xeyebrowx And needing a blocked XP to beat YSU isn't?

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 01:07 PM

That was ONE close game. Not ALL of them like SIU. And lets not forget we had a Freshaman QB who was starting his first game EVER that game on the road.xthumbsupx

art vandelay
November 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM
this isnt the board of who finnished better SIU or UNI. lets talk about the actual game at hand.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 01:13 PM
That was ONE close game. Not ALL of them like SIU. And lets not forget we had a Freshaman QB who was starting his first game EVER that game on the road.xthumbsupx

Hey, ValleyGuy, don't sweat it. UNI was never going to lose to YSU anyway! We got the mojo on 'em.

Nice job of deflecting, though, Dawg people, instead of contemplating your teams substantial inadequacies.

Bow down and serve UNI - King of the Valley!

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah, just to stay alive, Hounder!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'm thinking about MSU, ILSU and WIU - all teams UNI dispatched quite easily. Oh, NDSU, too.

xoopsx

You won some of them by the skin of your scrotum, brotha. That's why you have no seed and that's why you're on the hind teat again, in the shadow of conference big brother, UNI.

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

We never trailed in any of them. We owned the 4th quarter in all of them.
We made the big plays when it was nut-cutting time, not Grace, not Lewis, not Gray (although he smoked us last year:D :D ), not Donaldson, not Blow, not Mendenhall, not Brockway, not Berry. We have the mojo, we play best under pressure, we took UNI to school, to church, in the first half and the 4th quarter. We specialize in big plays, with an emphasis on key downs.xcoffeex

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM
We never trailed in any of them. We owned the 4th quarter in all of them.
We made the big plays when it was nut-cutting time, not Grace, not Lewis, not Gray (although he smoked us last year:D :D ), not Donaldson, not Blow, not Mendenhall, not Brockway, not Berry. We have the mojo, we play best under pressure, we took UNI to school, to church, in the first half and the 4th quarter. We specialize in big plays, with an emphasis on key downs.xcoffeex

Again, attagirls for winning seven in a row. You won by the skin of your teeth in several of them, lost to lame-o NDSU and stumbled into the playoffs having to bust a nut to win in OT! You lose that OT game and you might not be inthe tournament.

You're too close to it to see that your team is medicocre for a playoff team.

Um, you're not bowing, either.......

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 01:35 PM

xrolleyesx First it's one game, now it's all of them. Keep on moving the goal posts and you can't lose. You were a fumble away from losing to SUU and you want to tell me that we're lucky? From here it looks like a NDSU fan stole your identity. At least Cap'n can use all the dope for an excuse.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
lets get back to the question about tv, does siu have live streaming on there website?

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
xrolleyesx First it's one game, now it's all of them. Keep on moving the goal posts and you can't lose. You were a fumble away from losing to SUU and you want to tell me that we're lucky? From here it looks like a NDSU fan stole your identity. At least Cap'n can use all the dope for an excuse.

Bein' with your mom all night is my excuse.

And, read the game summary, the SUU game was never in doubt.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Again, nice deflection!

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
lets get back to the question about tv, does siu have live streaming on there website?

Yes they have stretch....so does UNI, if you want to watch both....

http://www.stretchinternet.com/siuvideo.html

UNHWILDCATS05
November 24th, 2008, 01:45 PM
What's the tailgating situation like at SIU... any information in location, policy etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

art vandelay
November 24th, 2008, 01:49 PM
is it posible to purchase a single event for their video?

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 01:50 PM
What's the tailgating situation like at SIU... any information in location, policy etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/051A7iLd7s0N5/610x.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hadn't this already been posted for discussion?xeyebrowx

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Bein' with your mom all night is my excuse.

And, read the game summary, the SUU game was never in doubt.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Again, nice deflection!

You're so used to your mom just laying there that you probably didn't notice that my mom is dead.xwhistlex

And without your lucky fumble, you squeak by SUU by a field goal. Sounds like you already peaked.

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
just win baby!

Best not to be relying on Al "the Crypt Keeper" Davis for playoff karma xnonox

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I'm trying to figure out why SIU people keep saying that we barely beat SUU and were lucky to do so. We won by 10 points, and SUU scored a late TD to make it that close. How is that barely winning? We were in cruise control the entire second half.

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
You're so used to your mom just laying there that you probably didn't notice that my mom is dead.xwhistlex

And without your lucky fumble, you squeak by SUU by a field goal. Sounds like you already peaked.

Lucky fumble - that was a strip/takeaway. Thompson ripped it -

See for yourself (http://www.courierwebcasts.com/play.php?vid_id=1348&file=112208-fumble/soundslider.swf)

bcrawf
November 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Last year I would have agreed. We peaked at WIU last year. This year's team is different.

We have been so vanilla the last three weeks its ridiculous. Farley realized that he gave away too much on film in the last three weeks against bad teams last year. This team has not become as complacent as last year's was by this time...

dwtime
November 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
This is a tough one to call, should be a real barn burner. SIU gets an edge for being at home. Looks like their D (at least statistically, haven't seen them play) is only slightly better than UNH so a slight edge there for SIU (don't forget the turnovers UNH gets) and I would say the UNH offense would be favored over the SIU offense.

Probably, like last years UNI-UNH game it will come down to who has the ball last with time and the chance to win. My prediction is UNH 31 SIU 28.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2008, 04:39 PM

The forecast right now is for sunny and in the 40s, although I don't trust any forecast for Southern Illinois that is more than two days out. We call our local weatherman "Lyin' Jim".

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Like I said before SIU, just let the Wildcats take the lead with 1 minute left and then you will have them right where you want them.xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Like I said before SIU, just let the Wildcats take the lead with 1 minute left and then you will have them right where you want them.xthumbsupx

We rarely trail in the fourth quarter. Most of our close wins have been the result of breaking a tie in the fourth (last second FG aganist UNI, last minute TD pass @ MSU, OT win @ Ill State).

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I frankly don't think UNI wants a part of either of these two teams...along with JMU/Wofford and Maine/UNI, this should be one of the best opening around games.

I think you're right. We could've possibly played harder teams, but not any teams that hate us anymore.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
This is a tough one to call, should be a real barn burner. SIU gets an edge for being at home. Looks like their D (at least statistically, haven't seen them play) is only slightly better than UNH so a slight edge there for SIU (don't forget the turnovers UNH gets) and I would say the UNH offense would be favored over the SIU offense.

Probably, like last years UNI-UNH game it will come down to who has the ball last with time and the chance to win. My prediction is UNH 31 SIU 28.
SIU is +7 on turnovers this year. It's not as impressive as the UNH numbers in that category. The difference seems to be that UNH has more INTs. That could mean you have a better secondary or that you play teams that pass more than our opponents. Our pass D seems to lean more toward sacking the QB. We have 27 sacks this year compared to UNH with 12. That is an indication of the strength of our linebacker corps.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM

You're letting Cap'n and a newbie get you riled up? xlolx xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM

I would expect little to no tailgating on thanksgiving weekend in carbondale.

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hard to beat SIU at home. Ask UNI.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM
The main tailgate areas are between the stadium and the Arena. They are normally open a couple of hours before kickoff. BYOB
They usually draw a bigger crowd than the actual game.

rickyball
November 24th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Give me the UNH win here.

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Extremely close vote so far.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 06:24 PM
You're letting Cap'n and a newbie get you riled up? xlolx xlolx xlolx

Riled? By that fat pr*ck? xlolx

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
We rarely trail in the fourth quarter. Most of our close wins have been the result of breaking a tie in the fourth (last second FG aganist UNI, last minute TD pass @ MSU, OT win @ Ill State).

In our nine wins we've never trailed. As in 00:00 minutes.xnodx Several teams have made runs in our notorious third quarters and come as close as tying the game. Each time they were unable to hold the momentum in the fourth quarter. This is one of the intangibles I'm talking about. These guys don't quit and they expect to, and do, make things happen in crunch time. They like pressure situations and they've spent enough time in them this year that they don't panic.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Without seeing UNH play myself, I believe you're probably correct that UNH has an edge on offense and SIU an edge on defense. I don't know how you are on special teams but we excel on some of them, not so much on others. We've returned three KOs for TDs on the rare occasions that teams kick deep, but we've had three punts blocked. Early in the year we had a bad habit of hurting ourselves with stupid penalties and still aren't beyond that although we're better at it as we adjust to the new system and coaches. I'm thinking more like 35-31 SIU with the dawgs getting a defensive or special teams score.

UNHlund
November 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well UNH has certainly taken their fair share of stupid penalties as well. Still, I'll say 31-20 UNH. The Wildcats defense is a little underrated because they can be weak on the pass, but the run defense is solid and they're a gutsy group that tends to step up when they need to.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Frankly, UNH's defense gets a bad rap for what amounts to one really awful game against Rhode Island where they passed and passed and passed. URI also scored 43 points in that game. In the rest of the games, UNH has allowed 10, 6, 24, 38, 21, 14, 25, 24, 21 and 24 points, for an average of just 20.7 points per game. With UNH's offense, that's more than enough to win. I'd be hardpressed to imagine SIU's offense has considerably better than 'Nova's at 24 points.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Frankly, UNH's defense gets a bad rap for what amounts to one really awful game against Rhode Island where they passed and passed and passed. URI also scored 43 points in that game. In the rest of the games, UNH has allowed 10, 6, 24, 38, 21, 14, 25, 24, 21 and 24 points, for an average of just 20.7 points per game. With UNH's offense, that's more than enough to win. I'd be hardpressed to imagine SIU's offense has considerably better than 'Nova's at 24 points.

SIUs offense seems to do just enough (personally, I think we don't throw enough to our 6'4" wide outs); we've scored six defensive/special teams TDs directly and had several more that the offense got off of short fields from turnovers.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 07:40 PM
us either, k-mase is wasted

we have also been on a turnover tear

igo4uni
November 24th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I voted siu. gotta believe that unh misses santos too much.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM
not true at all, he was a great player, but we are playing more quality football than last year

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Do you think it might be on a last second field goal?
:D

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Without seeing UNH play myself, I believe you're probably correct that UNH has an edge on offense and SIU an edge on defense. I don't know how you are on special teams but we excel on some of them, not so much on others. We've returned three KOs for TDs on the rare occasions that teams kick deep, but we've had three punts blocked. Early in the year we had a bad habit of hurting ourselves with stupid penalties and still aren't beyond that although we're better at it as we adjust to the new system and coaches. I'm thinking more like 35-31 SIU with the dawgs getting a defensive or special teams score.
UNH has several players who can take a kick back for a TD and recently the D has been scoring some points.

Herdman
November 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
This is not your typical Saluki team...dogs mangle cats!

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2008, 09:14 PM
UNH has several players who can take a kick back for a TD and recently the D has been scoring some points.
SIU has a returner who has run three kickoffs back for TDs this year (Larry Warner-34+yds/return). He would probably have more, but most teams kick away from him. Who you got?

charliej
November 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM

Yes & no. The big play fireworks are gone,but UNH is a more rounded team this year. D is bigger improvement IMO

I take UNH by 10

art vandelay
November 24th, 2008, 10:08 PM
SIU has a returner who has run three kickoffs back for TDs this year (Larry Warner-34+yds/return). He would probably have more, but most teams kick away from him. Who you got?

Chad Kackert is always a threat. im not sure if he has run one back but he has had several that have crossed mid field. John Clements is the same situation but not quite as big of a threat but still very fast. as a punt returner Mike Boyle is always dangerous. he has not done as much this year but he is certainly dangerous.

UNH Fanboi
November 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Chad Kackert is always a threat. im not sure if he has run one back but he has had several that have crossed mid field. John Clements is the same situation but not quite as big of a threat but still very fast. as a punt returner Mike Boyle is always dangerous. he has not done as much this year but he is certainly dangerous.

Clements ran a kickoff back at the Army game.

smcwildcat
November 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
no clements....and kackert would def have return td on kickoff if he was healthy all year...

smcwildcat
November 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
terrence fox might take punts this week boyle seemed to let too many bounce and not pick up

art vandelay
November 24th, 2008, 10:15 PM
huh, Boyle use to kill as a punt returner.

rcny46
November 25th, 2008, 12:21 AM

Chad Kackert ran a kickoff back last year against UNI in that playoff game-90+ I believe.The year before,he ran either a KO or punt back for 80+ against UMass in the 2nd round.

art vandelay
November 25th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Chad Kackert ran a kickoff back last year against UNI in that playoff game-90+ I believe.The year before,he ran either a KO or punt back for 80+ against UMass in the 2nd round.

No that was UNH's first play of the game. he never ran back a kickoff.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 25th, 2008, 06:25 AM
huh, Boyle use to kill as a punt returner.

terrence fox might take punts this week boyle seemed to let too many bounce and not pick up

The snow had much to do with that.....Boyle has been solid all season.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2008, 07:16 AM

Most teams do have someone who is a return threat. This kid has returned ten kicks in nine FCS games for three TDs, including 97 yards against UNI. Trust me, you're better off giving us the ball on the 40.

dwtime
November 25th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Most teams do have someone who is a return threat. This kid has returned ten kicks in nine FCS games for three TDs, including 97 yards against UNI. Trust me, you're better off giving us the ball on the 40.

Who were the 3 return TD's against? If any were against Indiana HS, I mean State you can discount those. That said, return guys can be factors but its the play of the offenses and D that win or lose games.

Cap'n Cat
November 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Who were the 3 return TD's against? If any were against Indiana HS, I mean State you can discount those. That said, return guys can be factors but its the play of the offenses and D that win or lose games.

Most times, DW. Cal Poly @ Wisconsin, though........

xoopsx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM

Big special teams plays can be game changers.xnodx

nutterlyattled
November 25th, 2008, 07:48 AM

remember, we watched graham have an even better year a few years ago. the thing is, is this is not hester, unh may kick to the other side of the field, but they will have confidence they can stop him... plus, if thats the only thing we have to worry about is kickoffs and punts, i am very excited for this game.

you saying we should be scared of this guy is like me saying you should be scared of our defense causing 4 or 5 turnovers. Where our defense has been creating turnovers like crazy lately, it is not likely to happen.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Who were the 3 return TD's against?

Hampton, UNI, SDSU.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2008, 08:54 AM
As I recall last years game with UMASS, SIU did not have much fan support, thats sad.

Probably won't be much this week with school closed and Thanksgiving.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
remember, we watched graham have an even better year a few years ago. the thing is, is this is not hester, unh may kick to the other side of the field, but they will have confidence they can stop him... plus, if thats the only thing we have to worry about is kickoffs and punts, i am very excited for this game.

you saying we should be scared of this guy is like me saying you should be scared of our defense causing 4 or 5 turnovers. Where our defense has been creating turnovers like crazy lately, it is not likely to happen.

xeekx Better than returning 30% of your KOs for a TD? That's very good. What number is he?

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
xeekx Better than returning 30% of your KOs for a TD? That's very good. What number is he?

He's talking about Cory Graham, now with the Bears, returning kicks a couple years ago.

rcny46
November 25th, 2008, 09:37 AM
No that was UNH's first play of the game. he never ran back a kickoff.

My mistake,and thanks for the correction.

nutterlyattled
November 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
in the end i really dont think kickoff's will be the factor, each team may get a cheap score, through a kickoff or defence, but i think it will come out being even, i think unh will win by 10

rcny46
November 25th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Have any UNH fans heard if Jordan Long is injured? I thought one of the radio guys said during the Maine game that he hadn't been on the field for some time and they weren't sure what the problem was.There was also some speculation that Josh Droesch could be back this week.Any news?

Cap'n Cat
November 25th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I'm trying to figure out why SIU people keep saying that we barely beat SUU and were lucky to do so. We won by 10 points, and SUU scored a late TD to make it that close. How is that barely winning? We were in cruise control the entire second half.

Like most aholes, they make superficial assumptions.

The prospect of staring down both barrels of another date with doom in the Dome has them rattled, too, Champer. Understandable.

Surprised the guy didn't get on us about SIU basketball!

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2008, 11:17 AM

The prospect of staring down both barrels of another date with doom in the Dome has them rattled, too, Champer. Understandable.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Nice avatar.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
The Saluki message board is at Salukitalk (http://salukitalk.net/st/index.php) if any UNH fans have any questions. There are plenty of fans there who will give you directions, advice on places to stay and eat.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2008, 01:01 PM

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

xlolx It's an even-numbered year, Bobo. We got it in the bag.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

We'll beat you in hoops too, Cap'n. Maybe we can work up a "Just like football" chant for you.
xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2008, 09:00 AM
The Saluki message board is at Salukitalk (http://salukitalk.net/st/index.php) if any UNH fans have any questions. There are plenty of fans there who will give you directions, advice on places to stay and eat.

Will you (or any other SIU AGSers) be at the game?

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Even number year doesn't matter. Last time you won in the dome was an odd number year if you don't recall. And it was 25 years ago!

Houndawg
November 26th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Will you (or any other SIU AGSers) be at the game?

I plan to attend. I'm usually high in the cheap seats near the 50, look for a person in a black serape who appears to be convulsing reflexively in a joyous manner. Pre-game I'll be near the alumni tent, pm me for a phone number if you'd like to have a brew and hear me explain how yet again SIU will wake up in the fourth quarter to win a close one.:D

TheValleyRaider
November 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
New Hampshire
The Wildcats and Salukis are both solid sides, but I'm giving UNH the edge here. Carbondale isn't particularly intimidating, and otherwise, I'm really just picking the Cats based on the stronger conference and a hunch. Besides, they usually flame out in the Quarterfinals, not before.

LacesOut
November 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
UNH!
UNH!
UNH!

BlueHen86
November 26th, 2008, 02:30 PM
SIU by 7.

Mountain Panther
November 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM
New Hampshire
The Wildcats and Salukis are both solid sides, but I'm giving UNH the edge here. Carbondale isn't particularly intimidating, and otherwise, I'm really just picking the Cats based on the stronger conference and a hunch. Besides, they usually flame out in the Quarterfinals, not before.

C-Dale is intimidating because it's haunted. Seriously.

UNH 40
November 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
UNH by 14

UNH finally has a defense that can get off the field and do so in cridical situations. They have also created turnovers as good or better than anyone in the nation they have scored a total of 35 points on D. I don't think many teams can say that.

We also have a great 1-2 punch out of the backfield and a QB who is coming into his own.

Now if they commit stupid, undisciplined, and untimely penatlies that they have in the past three or four weeks they will be hard pressed to win.

joecooll6
November 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
We'll beat you in hoops too, Cap'n. Maybe we can work up a "Just like football" chant for you.
xnodx

Oh freshman year......the memories!

GoBlackBears
November 26th, 2008, 07:18 PM
UNH by 14

UNH finally has a defense that can get off the field and do so in cridical situations. They have also created turnovers as good or better than anyone in the nation they have scored a total of 35 points on D. I don't think many teams can say that.

We also have a great 1-2 punch out of the backfield and a QB who is coming into his own.

Now if they commit stupid, undisciplined, and untimely penatlies that they have in the past three or four weeks they will be hard pressed to win.

Have no fear UNH 40. From what I saw last week your team might be the most balanced team in the CAA the best conference in the FCS division.

The UNH defense makes plays when they need too. I think teams that under estimate the Wildcats do so at their own peril... UNH 35 SIU 21.

Then it's off to Durham next week and the rematch we all want after Maine shocks the world and takes down the Panthers in the Dome. Maine 24 UNI 14.xpeacex

Houndawg
November 26th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Have no fear UNH 40. From what I saw last week your team might be the most balanced team in the CAA the best conference in the FCS division.

The UNH defense makes plays when they need too. I think teams that under estimate the Wildcats do so at their own peril... UNH 35 SIU 21.

Then it's off to Durham next week and the rematch we all want after Maine shocks the world and takes down the Panthers in the Dome. Maine 24 UNI 14.xpeacex

xnonox If you believe Hugh Everett's "many worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics, there is a parallel universe somewhere where such things happen. But it isn't this one. The only reason you're in the tournament over Liberty is that the chairman of the selection committee is from the CAA (UMass' AD), like last year.

UNH 40
November 26th, 2008, 09:06 PM
xnonox If you believe Hugh Everett's "many worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics, there is a parallel universe somewhere where such things happen. But it isn't this one. The only reason you're in the tournament over Liberty is that the chairman of the selection committee is from the CAA (UMass' AD), like last year.

and as UNH did last year they will prove that they belong and give UNI all they can handle and then some.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2008, 09:15 PM
and as UNH did last year they will prove that they belong and give UNI all they can handle and then some.

UNH/SIU will be a good game.

I'm thinking of dropping a dime on UNI to Child Protective Services so that they'll be ready to stop the abuse.xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Live vidio stream announced!!

http://www.unhwildcats.com/index.cfm?id=CA22C91E-DEE5-8060-5375830A0F23F4AA

OxSoxUNH05
November 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Thats Awesome! Now I can watch the 'Cats take it to the Salukis! :D

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Awesome times.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2008, 12:05 PM

http://www.salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/eusa_shhh.gif

Houndawg
November 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM

I have a building near there that is haunted. I had it for sale a couple of years ago and a couple of different real estate agents told me they had the willies when they were inside it.

WSBE
November 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I was very happy to see the live streaming video announcement. I paid $10 for the same thing last week for the Maine game & it didn;t work. I want to make sure I get it right this time

I just tried to connect (the event obviously hasn't started yet) but when Quick Time Player opens - it gives a message "Unsupported Media Type". Did anyone else try this? I would love some help if you have done this successfully before -

SLOSTYLE
November 28th, 2008, 01:31 AM
although i think unh has a good chance in this game, i did think that it was pretty unusual that siu is a 3 point dog at home in the first round. i mean, that says a ton about the schedule strength for both teams if a 9-2 siu team verse another 9-2 unh team is an underdog at home. just something to ponder.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2008, 06:53 AM
although i think unh has a good chance in this game, i did think that it was pretty unusual that siu is a 3 point dog at home in the first round. i mean, that says a ton about the schedule strength for both teams if a 9-2 siu team verse another 9-2 unh team is an underdog at home. just something to ponder.

Not really, SIU has been ignored all year. Being picked to finish fifth in conference, adjusting to a new coach and system, the usual east coast bias, all add up to no love for SIU.

Plus, if your theory were correct, WSU would be a 10 point favorite at your place.xnodx

WildcatFan
November 28th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Not really, SIU has been ignored all year. Being picked to finish fifth in conference, adjusting to a new coach and system, the usual east coast bias, all add up to no love for SIU.

So glad New Hampshire is on the East Coast because as we all know that is the only way they could ever get any respect through that whole "east coast bias"xlolx xlolx

UNHFan
November 28th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Its simple! Either UNH 45-17 Romp! or USI 28-27 on UNH Mistakes or last minute colapse!

Houndawg
November 28th, 2008, 08:10 AM
So glad New Hampshire is on the East Coast because as we all know that is the only way they could ever get any respect through that whole "east coast bias"xlolx xlolx

Maine is the ecb pick this year, you guys were last year.xnodx

Being a three point favorite on the road looks like respect to me. I hope we can keep it close.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2008, 11:47 AM
And the winner for first UNH fan to drink a beer in Ill this weekend is....

yorkcountyUNHfanxthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xlolx

SLOSTYLE
November 28th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Plus, if your theory were correct, WSU would be a 10 point favorite at your place.

Well i think the oddsmakers probably take into account that poly's losses were to 10-1 montana by 2 points, and bowl eligible wisconsin by one in ot. siu's losses were too northwestern (whose a very solid team) by 28 points, and to ndsu (whose not) by 8. i was just pointing out that its extremley rare for home team to be a 3point dog in the first round, especially one that many people felt had a shot at a seed

Houndawg
November 28th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Well i think the oddsmakers probably take into account that poly's losses were to 10-1 montana by 2 points, and bowl eligible wisconsin by one in ot. siu's losses were too northwestern (whose a very solid team) by 28 points, and to ndsu (whose not) by 8. i was just pointing out that its extremley rare for home team to be a 3point dog in the first round, especially one that many people felt had a shot at a seed

NDSU was top 5 when we played, Northwestern is 9-3 and we played them in the second game of a new coach and system. Not to detract from your outstanding effort against a Big 10 team, but "bowl eligible" Wisconsin (eligible because of wins against Akron, Marshall, Cal Poly) isn't exactly covering themselves with glory. As for being a 3 point dog at home against UNH, I think that's strange too, considering we're coming in on a seven game winning streak during which we never trailed once and beat the team that got the seed over us.

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM
xbeerchugx
xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx

xbowx

xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I will live through SIU to get revenge for 2004.

OxSoxUNH05
November 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Is this suppose to be a surprise xthumbsupx

petethepenguin15
November 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I like this game to be the closest of the first round but I think Siu will pull out the win but by the hair on their chiney chin chin

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Congratulations.
xprost2x

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I think it's clear to see why UNH would be favored, though I don't agree with it. Both teams are 9-2 with a win over a team in the playoffs, but UNH has played in the tougher conference, has an FBS win and has lost two games by a total of 15 points.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I think it's clear to see why UNH would be favored, though I don't agree with it. Both teams are 9-2 with a win over a team in the playoffs, but UNH has played in the tougher conference, has an FBS win and has lost two games by a total of 15 points.

xconfusedx I don't see why you get credit for losing to two of the four best teams in you conference and not playing the other two.xpeacex Just sayin'.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2008, 05:32 PM
What kind of crowd is SIU expecting?

UNI Pike
November 28th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Scuttlebutt says 5,000 is a target.

R3TRO
November 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I can't wait for this game! xrotatehx

Pantherpower
November 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Houndawg, has SIU trailed, even for a second, in any of the past seven games? xsmiley_wix Just kidding, man. I hope SIU represents well tomorrow and comes out on top. Go Salukis!

Saluki09
November 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well here is one student that's back from thanksgiving break early. You'll see me front and center at the 50 yard line on the student side. I just hope there is someone within 20 feet of me :(

Unfortunately it's a basketball town.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Houndawg, has SIU trailed, even for a second, in any of the past seven games? xsmiley_wix Just kidding, man. I hope SIU represents well tomorrow and comes out on top. Go Salukis!

:D I'll have to look that up and get back to you.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Well here is one student that's back from thanksgiving break early. You'll see me front and center at the 50 yard line on the student side. I just hope there is someone within 20 feet of me :(

I'll be up above you a few rows in the black serape.

rcny46
November 28th, 2008, 08:47 PM
xconfusedx I don't see why you get credit for losing to two of the four best teams in you conference and not playing the other two.xpeacex Just sayin'.

In spite of the final score on that Saturday in October,I don't think UNH lost to one of the four best teams in our conference.That's not homerism,just basing my comment on what I saw on the field.

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Bring some friends. The basketball team doesn't play again until Tuesday.

dgreco
November 28th, 2008, 09:39 PM
unh

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM
unh
Was that a prediction or a grunt?

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM
never thought i'd say this.....Go Salukis!

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Scuttlebutt says 5,000 is a target.

That's all? Seems like UNH could atleast get 5,000. UNH really needs to get cracking on improving the field!

WSBE
November 29th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I am really hoping someone can help me out this morning....I don't want to screw the web-stream thing up. I just went to the link - it looks like everything worked OK - the link brought me to the "Quicktime" launch window...but when I click play, the message "Not Found" comes up at the bottom of the window. I assume this is because the broadcast hasn't started yet....but I want to make sure it's not a problem with my computer - HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS? DO YOU GET THE SAME MESSAGE?

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I am really hoping someone can help me out this morning....I don't want to screw the web-stream thing up. I just went to the link - it looks like everything worked OK - the link brought me to the "Quicktime" launch window...but when I click play, the message "Not Found" comes up at the bottom of the window. I assume this is because the broadcast hasn't started yet....but I want to make sure it's not a problem with my computer - HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS? DO YOU GET THE SAME MESSAGE?

I get the same message. I'm thinking it's because the feed isn't on yet. I'd give it until game time and have the UNH radio link ready just in case

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Make sure you have the most updated version of Quicktime, Realplayer or Media Player, too, just to be safe.

Will
November 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I assume this game isn't being shown on TV at all? No CN8 or ESPN2?

R3TRO
November 29th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Does the streaming video cost? If so, how much?

R3TRO
November 29th, 2008, 10:28 AM
N/M just found it on the athletics page for free.

UNIFanSince1983
November 29th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry if it has been posted I didn't want to go all the way back through but what time does this one kick off?

R3TRO
November 29th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm sorry if it has been posted I didn't want to go all the way back through but what time does this one kick off?

1:00 PM CT

crunifan
November 29th, 2008, 10:39 AM
C'mon SIU! Win this one for the Valley!

We want a rematch in the Dome next week!

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Good grief, this voting is ridiculously close.

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Good grief, this voting is ridiculously close.
Let's hope the game is as close, but turns out in favor of the 'Cats!

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
SIU radio ? guy says UNH unis look like the Rams?! I don't see it

GoWildcats789
November 29th, 2008, 12:58 PM
hows everyones feed look?

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 12:59 PM
stuck on the centerfield logo and bad!

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:03 PM
UNH starts with a 3 and out.

rcny46
November 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM
My operating system-Windows 98 is too old to be compatible-won't accept the feed and the radio network is experiencing "technical difficulties" so I guess I'm out of luck. xmadx

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Nice punt by UNH.
SIU will start at the 2 yard line.

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:06 PM
nice stand. UNH to get the ball with good field position

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:06 PM
3 and out for SIU.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Roughing the punter penalty.
First down for SIU.

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
xbangx DUMB PENALTIES

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
unh has killed themselves this season with stupid penalties, hopefully this one wont hurt us.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Salukis get another first down on a pass.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:10 PM
warner up the middle for a huge gain. man is he fast

skinny_uncle
Warner runs for another first down to the UNH 40.

skinny_uncle
warner up the middle for a huge gain. man is he fast

Larry reminds me of the Energizer Bunny.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:12 PM
big third down here for the cats d, probably four down territory for siu

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:13 PM
47 yard field goal attempt for SIU

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:13 PM
SIU going for the FG
Good
3-0 SIU

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:14 PM
wow great kick, 3-0 SIU. Have to be alittle upset with the field goal after it seemed that the D stopped siu at the 5.

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:16 PM
touchdown toman back to work, big pass up the middle looks like for about 15

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:18 PM
ill be honest, i dont know if that was worthy of a flag, unless there was a hit after the bump out of bounds

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM
UNH with a nice drive so far.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:22 PM
UNH with a short FG try
Good
3-3

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Warner return to the 35

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Dieker run to the 48
First down SIU

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM
White runs into a blocker and loses a yard.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Pass to Sherman at the 39.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Dieker runs
Measurement
Short
Going for it on fourth down

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM
QB keeper for a first down

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Loss of 3 by Warner.

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM
fell down or brought down? bad annoucer!

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Pass incomplete
Holding penalty

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Dieker runs out of bounds at the 43

rickyball
November 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
how did he get away? the picture froze up.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Pass to Sherman at the 19 for a first down.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Warner stopped on first down
End of quarter

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cats are struggling on 3rd downs. Gotta impove on that

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM
how did he get away? the picture froze up.
Not sure. I'm listening on the radio. The SIU QB is about 6-4 and 230. It's not that easy to bring him down.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Incomplete pass to the end zone.
Looks like another FG try coming up

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
FG good
6-3 Dawgs

WSBE
November 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
gross. UNH couldnt have made more mistakes in this 1st quarter. I can tell already that UNH is a superior football team. SIU is playing their game right now. UNH is not sharp. if they dont win this game it is a huge step back for the program. They should win by 15

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Nice runback.

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:38 PM
nice return

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
We usually cover kicks better than this.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
UNH at the 17

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Salukis stuff the sweep on third down.
FG coming up

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
FG good 6-6

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Warner runs it back to the 30

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Incomplete pass on first

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Dieker loses a yard.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Sack
Salukis punting

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Big Sack!

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM
UNH takes over on their 45

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:46 PM
2 yard run

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Third and 3
Incomplete pass

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:47 PM
What is up with Toman?

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Punted to the end zone
SIU takes over at the 20

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Warner stopped for a loss of 3

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Pass to Sherman at the 30

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Warner fumbles
Yikes!

skinny_uncle
UNH with the ball at the 45

OxSoxUNH05
FUMBLE Recovered by UNH, lets go toman punch it in

skinny_uncle
The Salukis come up with a sack.

WSBE
November 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM
i cant even believe what im watching right now...worst unh has played in 2 months

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Offside penalty on SIU

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Run to the 45

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
INT by Lindsey

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Warner runs for two yards.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Warner runs to the 30

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Pass to Kernes to the 36
Personal foul 15 yard penalty

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2008, 01:56 PM
INT by UNH at the 10.

WSBE
November 29th, 2008, 01:56 PM
something is wrong with Toman. There is no doubt...hes been the most consistent player all year & one of the best FCS QBs in the country. hes not even the same player right now

the defense is going to have to come up big

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
isn't the official part of the field
Toman is way off today. Gonna be interesting to see if he breaks out of it

skinny_uncle
Saluki gets an INT after the UNH QB bounces the ball off the umpire
xconfusedx

skinny_uncle
Run to the 1 by Warner