PDA

View Full Version : Who will win? EKU at Richmond

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Vote and Discuss

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I am going with the road team here... no good reason just feel like EKU will pull this one out plus if we are able to get to the second round I would rather play eku!

slycat
November 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
The Spiders win and stop EKUs hot streak.

TheValleyRaider
November 26th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Richmond
Richmond's a strong team, and at home. EKU's not a pushover, I think, but the Spiders will just be too much

DTSpider
November 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I hate to make predictions, but line play is critical in the playoffs and I think that Richmond has the best defensive line in the country. I imagine it'll be low scoring, and a close game, but being at home is a big advantage and I think/hope will make the difference.

MaroonDoom
November 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Home field does help. After EKU's slow start this year I believe our boys are now playing fast & loose. EKU 31 Richmond 28.

AppStateLumbee
November 26th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I really don't have much respect for the A10 or CAA,etc,etc. Since there are 5 teams in, I say they should have played 3 teams from the west outside of Texas St. and two teams from the East (one being SCST for JMU). I am going with 3-2 at best for the caa in the first round but most likely 2-3. I guess you can call me a hater but I look at JMU and nothing pass them. (but screw JMU's big mouth coach).

AshevilleApp2
November 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I really don't have much respect for the A10 or CAA,etc,etc. Since there are 5 teams in, I say they should have played 3 teams from the west outside of Texas St. and two teams from the East (one being SCST for JMU). I am going with 3-2 at best for the caa in the first round but most likely 2-3. I guess you can call me a hater but I look at JMU and nothing pass them. (but screw JMU's big mouth coach).

I think there's a CAA is Overrated thread currently in the smack forum.

jaxstatealum
November 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Home field will be big; however, this year the OVC will begin the turn around. EKU in a close game. Then the OVC can begin to get some luv...

AshevilleApp2
November 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I voted for Richmond, but I'd love to see an upset here. xnodx

TTUEagles
November 26th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I guarantee that the boys from the university located in Richmond win...

Monarch History
November 26th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Richmond 24 - EKU 21
Home field advantage is the difference.

Eight Legger
November 26th, 2008, 01:11 PM
27-10 UR. You can either watch this game, or get a tape of last year's game and watch it instead. Not a lot has changed for either team. I suspect we will wear them down and stop them cold on offense. We've faced much better opponents this year than EKU has, and that will be a factor.

MaroonDoom
November 26th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I was there last year & the crowd is far away from the field, but the Spiders do get to sleep in there own beds. Win or loose this years Colonels have made this fan proud.

colonelblitz
November 26th, 2008, 02:09 PM

Must be a politician:)

colonelblitz
November 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
27-10 UR. You can either watch this game, or get a tape of last year's game and watch it instead. Not a lot has changed for either team. I suspect we will wear them down and stop them cold on offense. We've faced much better opponents this year than EKU has, and that will be a factor.
I smell fear..xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BlueHen86
November 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I picked Richmond, but if they let down at all after last weeks thriller, they could be in trouble.

Maroons
November 26th, 2008, 04:40 PM

No wonder TTUEagles went to an engineering school...

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I'll give the edge to Richmond since they are playing at home. I'm not familiar with EKU, but Richmond does have a great defense, which should prove to be the difference in this game.

ur2k
November 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM

You sound like a very angry person. xbawlingx xthumbsupx

I go with the Spiders here (obviously), but I think our D-line wins the battle in the trenches and we do enough on O to win. 24-17.

ViennaSpider
November 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Same result as last year.

ekufbfan
November 26th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I love this team. They have played with emotion and heart this entire year and have come a long way since the first 3-4 games. A young O line has developed some maturity the last 6 games and we do have a senior QB who must make good decisions Saturday for us to win. Our defense has played good most of the year and can be outstanding. We must be firing on all cylinders and we must make no mistakes to win this one. I am counting on our Colonels to pull this one out and gain the respect back we once had.
GO EKU!

EKU05
November 26th, 2008, 08:09 PM
The turnover battle will be key. The reason we are where we are is because we were like +16 in TO margin for the season. Both teams have great D-lines and decent but inconsistant offenses. It will almost certainly be a low scoring game.

Bettina90
November 26th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Crone's status will be big for this game. Last year I thought Richmond was far, far more physical than EKU. I expect the same this year unless EKU has made strides there. But if Crone is out it will help EKU.

Maroons
November 26th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Crone's status will be big for this game. Last year I thought Richmond was far, far more physical than EKU. I expect the same this year unless EKU has made strides there. But if Crone is out it will help EKU.

Who is this Crone you speak of? (And what position does he play?)

Bettina90
November 26th, 2008, 10:46 PM
5th year Fullback and a big part of the running game. Rarely carries but always blocks. Scored a TD against Delaware and appeared to get banged up on the play, started against W&M but went out. Can also catch a pass or three. If he is a No Go it will be a big plus for EKU as we don't seem to have a comparable replacement.

Bettina90
November 26th, 2008, 10:48 PM
You guys also did not face Logan (#8) last year, 2nd team CAA this year and 6th year senior. He helped save the season with a FG block against W&M. He and Siddbury will likely make your QB's life less than pleasant on Saturday.

DTSpider
November 27th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Crone is one of the better blocking fullbacks I've seen play. Tim Hightower, now starting for the Cardinals, credits Crone with many of his yards and says he's the best blockers he's played with. Crone can open up holes. There are some good stats on UR's offense with Crone vs without Crone (see W&M game for an example if you compare UR's first half to second half in terms of output). Kid is tough though. Played almost the entire 2006 season with a high ankle sprain wearing this funny plastic leg brace the UR trainer developed. Would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't play on Saturday.

colonelblitz
November 27th, 2008, 07:27 AM
If your defense is better than Cincinnati , then we have a problem. Otherwise, I think we will go ahead and play the game .xcoolx
Your QB may be good, but he is not even in the top 6 that we have faced all year. So lets play the game, leave it on the field and may the best team win. GO COLONELS

Bettina90
November 27th, 2008, 10:36 AM
If our D is BETTER than Cincy than I would say you have a REAL problem, given that all your team scored was one TD when they were down 40-0. If it's only a little bit worse you are not in much better shape, say they give up 14, think you can keep the Spiders under that at home?

ekufbfan
November 27th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Bettina and Colonel,

You will not convince each other, that is why EKU and UR will suit up on Saturday. All I will predict is the EKU WILL show up, they will play hard, they will not play dirty, they are coming to win and if we come out on top no one will be any happier than me. If we lose then, UR was just better than us on Saturday. If we win we were better than they were. I am sick of hearing the put downs about the OVC and that we do not deserve to be in the playoffs. Fankly I am not thrilled with the OVC and hope we get out sooner than later, but for now we are the OVC rep and I say GO EKU!
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all......GO COLONELS!

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM
EKU has been out of the runnings for a flag for too many years. I'll go with EKU in the upset!

UNI Pike
November 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I have said it before and will again here. Being named the OVC Champ is like being told you have the least virulent form of pancreatic cancer. Good compared to the alternative, but not good when compared to everyone else.

Spiders make it 8 years without a playoff win for the OVC by 14.

hawkeye
November 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=UNI Pike;1231858]I have said it before and will again here. Being named the OVC Champ is like being told you have the least virulent form of pancreatic cancer.

Your cancer-SALUKIES-no cure. GO MAINE!

EKU by 3.

petethepenguin15
November 28th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Go Spiders!!! Spiders by a lot.

EKU05
November 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM
If our D is BETTER than Cincy than I would say you have a REAL problem, given that all your team scored was one TD when they were down 40-0. If it's only a little bit worse you are not in much better shape, say they give up 14, think you can keep the Spiders under that at home?

That would be valid if our offense hadn't made so much progress. The defense was solid all year, but the key to the 7 game winning streak was the offense starting to do its part. We would put up more than 7 on Cincy now, and I'll say we'll put up 17 to 24 in Saturday.

Will that be enough? I'm not sure, but it gives us something to work with.

ekufbfan
November 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I have said it before and will again here. Being named the OVC Champ is like being told you have the least virulent form of pancreatic cancer. Good compared to the alternative, but not good when compared to everyone else.

Spiders make it 8 years without a playoff win for the OVC by 14.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moron of the month for November

You called yourself right on that one bud.

JaxSinfonian
November 29th, 2008, 01:26 AM
[quote=UNI Pike;1231858]
Your cancer-SALUKIES-no cure. GO MAINE!

No OVC fans should be pulling for Maine.

Of course, UNI fans do seem to be among the worst anti-OVC smackers on AGS.

Perhaps both teams in that game will have trouble making it to the field and both will have to forfeit. That may be the only agreeable outcome.