PDA

View Full Version : Boone for Bulldogs

inpsite1919
November 24th, 2008, 03:26 AM
It’s “High Noon in Boone” for the South Carolina State football team.

Sunday night at the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Memorial Center, the 13th-ranked Bulldogs learned their first-round opponent in the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs was none other than second-ranked and three-time defending champion Appalachian State. The contest will take place noon Saturday at Kidd Brewer Stadium.

“What do you say about an opponent that’s won three championship games in a row?” South Carolina State head coach Oliver “Buddy” Pough said. “It’s like you’re going to fight Ali. You need to get yourself ready to go. If you don’t, then you know he’s going to knock you out. At the same time, we know who we’re going to fight. So, get yourself ready to go.”

Many of the Bulldog players like MEAC rushing champion Will Ford (who along with ASU’s Armanti Edwards is a finalist for the Payton Award given to the top FCS player) and team co-captains center Raymond Harrison and defensive back Terrance Allen were neither surprised nor awed by the prospect of facing Appalachian State or playing in the high altitude of Boone.

“We’re not too surprised,” Harrison said. “We knew all along figured it would be either App. State or JMU (top-ranked James Madison), one of the top dogs in the nation.”

“It’s just like going to Death Valley or Central Florida,” said Ford, in reference to the Bulldogs’ two Football Bowl Subdivision games played this season against Clemson and Central Florida. “You’ve got to prepare for it like it’s a football game.”

“Basically, we’re just going to do like we’ve done all year - Just Shut Up and Play,”Allen said. “Basically, we’re going to listen to our coaches, figure out a gameplan, execute. Just go up there and try to put on a show.”

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/andric_mcneil/45.jpg

http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2008/11/24/news/doc492a357253e6f157715209.txt

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 07:10 AM
good luck to you guys... cant wait to see you in boone...

ASUG8
November 24th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I hope we Apps will be accomodating hosts for this - welcome to Boone and I hope you have JUST SLIGHTLY less luck than us! xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
November 24th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Congratulations to SC State. I hope you bring a good size crowd up to Boone.

AppStFan76
November 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Just go up there and try to put on a show.”

That's locker room material right there!!!

Best of luck SCSU

I hope it's a great, injury free ( for both teams ), victory for App

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 07:33 AM
how many fans will scsu bring?

AshevilleApp2
November 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
how many fans will scsu bring?

I have no idea, but they won't have to travel very far. And we traditionally haven't had great attendance in the first round.

AtlantaMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Welcome to Boone Bulldogs. Bringing your band up? I for one am just glad to see a team that isn't wearing purple. That color makes me sick! Hope the weather forecast improves before Saturday and you enjoy your trip to God's Country. See you on Saturday. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Welcome to Boone Bulldogs. Bringing your band up? I for one am just glad to see a team that isn't wearing purple. That color makes me sick! Hope the weather forecast improves before Saturday and you enjoy your trip to God's Country. See you on Saturday. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

I couldnt agree more and it sure would be sweet to see their band...

Appaholic69
November 24th, 2008, 09:32 AM

Heck no! Let the Bulldogs get a taste of the REAL High Country. I know there are forecasts for 3 to 6 inches of snow early this week and maybe more later. It may be just like the LSU faithful told us about their game because SCSU may run out on to the field and think "We're not in Orangeburg any more Toto." xeekx

Check these averages for Orangeburg's weather and tell me if there may be an advantage or not.

http://weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx?wealocations=wc:USSC0256&q=Orangeburg%2c+SC+forecast:averagesd&weai=11

DX Man
November 24th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I hope a lot of you SCSU fans make the trip up the mountain. Safe travels and congratulations on making the playoffs.xpeacex

Black and Gold Express
November 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
It’s “High Noon in Boone” for the South Carolina State football team.

I told you y'all weren't gonna host a game. Why didn't you listen to me? xsmiley_wix