PDA

View Full Version : Once again, the selection committee screwed the pooch

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
The pooch being a terrier, of course. It is just unfortunate that we have to start out with the number one seed. I cannot say I am happy with our draw. I looks as if we have no chance at a home game at any time whatsoever unless Colgate can pull a tremendous upset. On further thought, maybe I'm wrong to blame the committee. After all, they just followed the rules. I should be mad at Elon for losing and forcing the committee to do what they did.

Oh well, at least we are in. A lot of other teams would like to be in our shoes. And we have a few things going for us. JMU has never seen our offense, as VMI's wishbone is not like ours. They will not stop our offense- we will move the ball. Even in a huge loss, we racked up over 300 rushing yards on ASU; turnovers killed us. I doubt we'll have five TOs at JMU. Also, JMU is more of a running team than passing, which bodes better for our defense- they have no Armanti Edwards-type guy. And JMU, for the most part, does not think we can beat them- fans, players, and coaches alike. They may look past us to Villanova. And last but not least, WE HAVE NEVER LOST A FIRST_ROUND PLAYOFF GAME! xthumbsupx

I'll be unable to make the trip, but I'll be hoping ESPNU or ESPN360 will carry the game, or that it will be available to watch somewhere online at least.

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Everyone in the top half of the bracket was screwed. You're just along for the ride. But look on the bright side. In FCS, you can play your way through any perceived slight, so long as you were selected for the tournament.

Cranium716
November 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
No AE-type guy??? Do you follow I-AA football at all? We have a guy named Rodney Landers. He's our QB. Ever heard of him? xeyebrowx xreadx

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to disrespect you the way you disrespected me in typical JMU fashion, but AE scares me more than Landers. I'm not saying Landers isn't very good, but to me, for what it's worth, he's not quite an AE-type guy. I know you disagree, so let's just leave it at that.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
No AE-type guy??? Do you follow I-AA football at all? We have a guy named Rodney Landers. He's our QB. Ever heard of him? xeyebrowx xreadxI follow the FCS (it hasn't been I-AA for years) and I will say that Landers is every bit as good as AE, just different. But I know what the Terrier fan is saying.

Cranium716
November 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
I follow the FCS (it hasn't been I-AA for years) and I will say that Landers is every bit as good as AE, just different. But I know what the Terrier fan is saying.

I will never acknowledge "FCS." It's still I-AA to me!

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
did any Wofford fan even watch the game against App. I swear every single one of you use the 5 turnovers as your crutch for losing. You had 1....yes ONE turnover in the first half and were down 42-14. You had 3 in the fourth quarter. One by your backup qb, a fumble by a freshman carrying the ball for the first time that year and another by your fb.....the first in that fourth quarter you were down 56-24.....Turnovers isn't why you lost the game....

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills everytime I see another wofford post saying they lost because of turnovers. I hope JMU wins 80-0

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Got to play the best to win the Championship, might as well start at the top. xeyebrowx

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
I feel like I'm taking crazy pillsthat explains your crazy smack on our discussion board xsmhx

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Landers is a great player HOWEVER Armanti is better HOWEVER from what little I've seen from JMU highlights JMUs OL is better than App's. Of course that's my opinion.

They are equally effective.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Why not small college division then? xlolx

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
did any Wofford fan even watch the game against App. I swear every single one of you use the 5 turnovers as your crutch for losing. You had 1....yes ONE turnover in the first half and were down 42-14. You had 3 in the fourth quarter. One by your backup qb, a fumble by a freshman carrying the ball for the first time that year and another by your fb.....the first in that fourth quarter you were down 56-24.....Turnovers isn't why you lost the game....

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills everytime I see another wofford post saying they lost because of turnovers. I hope JMU wins 80-0

GD IT, I'M NOT SAYING THAT THE TURNOVERS ARE THE ONLY REASON WE LOST THE GAME! I'M JUST SAYING THAT IT CONTRIBUTED TO THE SCORE BEING AS LOPSIDED AS IT WAS! ASU WOULD HAVE WON IF WE HAD ZERO TURNOVERS. I KNOW THAT. I'M NOT A FREAKING MORON. SO GO ON SOMEWHERE WITH YOUR BULLJUNK. JESUS F'N CHRIST!

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Landers is a great player HOWEVER Armanti is better ...I thought this was a thread about Wofford once again getting sent on the road?

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
that explains your crazy smack on our discussion board xsmhx

stating facts is now considered smack...gotcha xthumbsupx

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
By the way, I was very complimentary towards ASU after the game, and I still am. Boone is a fun place, and MOST of you were very hospitable and gracious. We lost because ASU was a lot more prepared to play than we were, and we ran into a buzzsaw. I just say that the turnovers couldn't have helped. If not for the turnovers, we might have scored over 24, though we would have come nowhere near winning the game.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
I forgot the other Wofford opening round games prior to last year. Can you list them?

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
I forgot the other Wofford opening round games prior to last year. Can you list them?

only one, beat NC a&t 27-10 in 2003

App fan, we're over the app game now, app won. we're focus on Jmu now

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
North Carolina A&T at Wofford- 2003
Wofford at Montana- 2007

93henfan
November 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM

'07 @ Montana, W 23-22
'03 NC A&T, W 31-10

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
only one, beat NC a&t 27-10 in 2003

App fan, we're over the app game now, app won. we're focus on Jmu now

sorry it's Sunday...was still thinking it was saturday with all the selection hubbub and my hatred was lingering over....we can be friends again...til saturday

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
'07 @ Montana, W 23-22
'03 NC A&T, W 31-10

i can't remember if it was 27 or 31, it was probably 31 because we didn't kick many field goals back then.

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Appstate 1998:

Check you PMs for an apology from me. I flew off the handle. I now realize you merely misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I'll find a way to give rep points back to you one day, after I "spread some reputatioin around"

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
I think our playoffs have become more BCS-like in terms of letting money rather than merit control who gets to host and who plays who. I say if you don't want to travel for the playoffs, just don't participate. F this regionalization BS.

appstate38
November 23rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
The pooch being a terrier, of course. It is just unfortunate that we have to start out with the number one seed. I cannot say I am happy with our draw. I looks as if we have no chance at a home game at any time whatsoever unless Colgate can pull a tremendous upset. On further thought, maybe I'm wrong to blame the committee. After all, they just followed the rules. I should be mad at Elon for losing and forcing the committee to do what they did.

Oh well, at least we are in. A lot of other teams would like to be in our shoes. And we have a few things going for us. JMU has never seen our offense, as VMI's wishbone is not like ours. They will not stop our offense- we will move the ball. Even in a huge loss, we racked up over 300 rushing yards on ASU; turnovers killed us. I doubt we'll have five TOs at JMU. Also, JMU is more of a running team than passing, which bodes better for our defense- they have no Armanti Edwards-type guy. And JMU, for the most part, does not think we can beat them- fans, players, and coaches alike. They may look past us to Villanova. And last but not least, WE HAVE NEVER LOST A FIRST_ROUND PLAYOFF GAME! xthumbsupx

I'll be unable to make the trip, but I'll be hoping ESPNU or ESPN360 will carry the game, or that it will be available to watch somewhere online at least.

I understand that you are not happy about not getting a home game, but to be honest just about every team has had to go through what you are going through right now. hang tough!

BDKJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
I follow the FCS (it hasn't been I-AA for years) and I will say that Landers is every bit as good as AE, just different. But I know what the Terrier fan is saying.

Come on now, last season (07') was the 1st (full) season using FCS. It hasn't been FCS for "years".

BDKJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 09:46 PM

Ditto. Anyone who is old school still uses I-AA.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Come on now, last season (07') was the 1st (full) season using FCS. It hasn't been FCS for "years".

2006 was the change. App has two champ trophies reading D-I Champ, not I-AA Champ. So this is the third playoffs as FCS.

JCPanthers
November 23rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
I will never acknowledge "FCS." It's still I-AA to me!Amen to that. The most rediculous change ever made by the NC Freaking AA

BDKJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
2006 was the change. App has two champ trophies reading D-I Champ, not I-AA Champ. So this is the third playoffs as FCS.

The change wasn't made till the 06' playoffs as I recall. During the 06' regular season it was still officially I-AA. So this is the 2nd season as FCS.

AppMan
November 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM

If you are outside the top 4 seeds you gotta put in a nice bid in order to get home games. Obviously Wofford didn't / couldn't do that.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2008, 09:51 PM
If you are outside the top 4 seeds you gotta put in a nice bid in order to get home games. Obviously Wofford didn't / couldn't do that.

WHY JERRY? WHY?

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM

Jerry Richardson is a VERY rich man! He could do it, but it doesn't really matter when you have to play a seeded team.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM

Biggest problem for selling the FCS is, no one outside of "FCS" knows wtf it stands for. Everyone knows what I-A and I-AA are and that the I-AA has a playoffs. xpeacex

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
The change wasn't made till the 06' playoffs as I recall. During the 06' regular season it was still officially I-AA. So this is the 2nd season as FCS.Excuse me, do you not count the 2006 playoffs as part of the 2006 season? Do you dispute what I posted?

"2006 was the change. App has two champ trophies reading D-I Champ, not I-AA Champ. So this is the third playoffs as FCS."

However long you want to use an arcane name is fine with me. But it has been FCS for years.

Skjellyfetti
I think our playoffs have become more BCS-like in terms of letting money rather than merit control who gets to host and who plays who. I say if you don't want to travel for the playoffs, just don't participate. F this regionalization BS.

I agree with this. I'm thrilled with the way App's bracket turned out... but, it doesn't make much sense as a tournament or a playoff.

Cap'n Cat

Let 'em use whichever term they prefer, Caesar.

xrolleyesx

AppMan
WHY JERRY? WHY?

You would have thought Mr Panther would have stepped up.

Dukie95

No, no that's just not correct. Wofford was paired with JMU because they were the closest team to JMU. Wofford's bid was never even opened.

JMU has put out nice bids too, but went to a seed in 06, and sent to the only team to bid higher than them in 07.

Wofford fans, don't make the mistake of blaming your admin or their lack of a bid...it doesn't work that way, believe me.

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Excuse me, do you not count the 2006 playoffs as part of the 2006 season? Do you dispute what I posted?

"2006 was the change. App has two champ trophies reading D-I Champ, not I-AA Champ. So this is the third playoffs as FCS."

However long you want to use an arcane name is fine with me. But it has been FCS for years.

Tell ESPN to update their football site..they still refer to us as I-AA, as does 99.9% of the free world.

You know they tried calling French Fries freedom fries one time...heck it was even that way on menus and such....but people still called them French Fries....crazy foos I tell ya

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Tell ESPN to update their football site..they still refer to us as I-AAUmmmmmm, check the scoreboard, check the schedules, better yet forget E$PeoN for FCS coverage and check Sports Network and College Sporting News.

BDKJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Excuse me, do you not count the 2006 playoffs as part of the 2006 season? Do you dispute what I posted?

Well excuse me, do you not count the 2006 regular season as part of the 06' season? I don't give a rats arse what the ASU 06' trophy says. The FACT was during 12 weeks of the 06' regular season it was I-AA. It changed to FCS exactly 2 years ago. FACT this is the 2nd FULL season as FCS. Saying it has been FCS for years implies more than 2 years, which isn't true.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
BACK ON TOPIC.................
I forgot the other Wofford opening round games prior to last year. Can you list them?2008: @ JMU
2007: @ Montana

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Ummmmmm, check the scoreboard, check the schedules, better yet forget E$PeoN for FCS coverage and check Sports Network and College Sporting News.

yes and I always see (I-AA) right beside it.