PDA

View Full Version : ASU's path to Chatty.....

theasushow
November 23rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Now I am a HUGE ASU fan, but I must say when I first saw the brackets it became obvious that ASU has a much easier path than say...oh just about anybody in the top half of the bracket. Before the brackets were announced the teams that scared me most were JMU, Cal-Poly, Weber, Nova, and Montana, so obviously the only way ASU would play ANY of those teams would be in the NC. Thats not to say the lower half isnt very talented, but I dont see any of those teams coming to Boone and winning. So while this may set up nice for ASU as far as getting to Chatty, whoever comes from that top half is likely going to have been more battle tested.

By no means am I saying ASU is a guaranteed to go to the national championship...but it almost seems like they were rewarded for the 2 seed whereas JMU appears to have a much tougher road. I expect UNI, SIU, Richmond, and New Hampshire to all make noise in the lower half.

SideLine Shooter
November 23rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Now I am a HUGE ASU fan, but I must say when I first saw the brackets it became obvious that ASU has a much easier path than say...oh just about anybody in the top half of the bracket. Before the brackets were announced the teams that scared me most were JMU, Cal-Poly, Weber, Nova, and Montana, so obviously the only way ASU would play ANY of those teams would be in the NC. Thats not to say the lower half isnt very talented, but I dont see any of those teams coming to Boone and winning. So while this may set up nice for ASU as far as getting to Chatty, whoever comes from that top half is likely going to have been more battle tested.

By no means am I saying ASU is a guaranteed to go to the national championship...but it almost seems like they were rewarded for the 2 seed whereas JMU appears to have a much tougher road. I expect UNI, SIU, Richmond, and New Hampshire to all make noise in the lower half.

I do agree. One big question for ASU is the injuries. If we don't get some running backs healthy, we won't sniff Chatty in December.

theasushow
November 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
they all appeared dressed for the western game, i think coach moore was playing it safe, we wont be so conservative in the playoffs.

DOME
November 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'm not a fan of playing it safe...Lou Pinella played it safe with the Cubs headed into the playoffs and well...you know how that worked out.
I wouldn't mind UNI making it to the Semi's in Boone though...I'm still bitter about my 14 hour bus trip in 05.