PDA

View Full Version : Maine @ #3 Northern Iowa

BigApp
November 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Discuss

bcrawf
November 23rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
UNI got a much better draw this year as the 3 than we did last year as the #1. I like our shot to get to the semis...

Mountain Panther
November 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
We got a GREAT seed.

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
I hear that Maine makes a living off of running the ball, is this true?

I think that bodes well for us. I wish I was as confident for the flying saluki dogs that eat children. I think we will be facing CAA teams at home, all the way to Nooga.

bainsey
November 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
I hear that Maine makes a living off of running the ball, is this true?
Yes, the ground game is Maine's bread and butter. It's not that our guys can't complete a pass or two; it's just that our o-line is better at punching holes, and we have some strong, young (three freshmen) running backs.

I'll be eager to learn more about the depth charts and how each side matches up.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
I'll be at the game in the fabulous UNI-Dome!!

TITLEIST
November 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
I just think it is great that all of the so called "experts" on this board didn't give UNI a chance in getting a seed. No respect given to UNI all year on these boards. Appy St deserves alot of respect given their past, I also think UNI deserves their fair share also...GO PANTHERS

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
I just think it is great that all of the so called "experts" on this board didn't give UNI a chance in getting a seed. No respect given to UNI all year on these boards. Appy St deserves alot of respect given their past, I also think UNI deserves their fair share also...GO PANTHERS

I'm just glad they got a seed so that all of the UNI fans would just quiet down. The majority of them were just complaining all day yesterday about how the committee was gonna screw them and whining and now, they've got a #3 seed in the easier side of the bracket, no complaining necessary.

DOME
November 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
Dilema...my cousin wants me to go to Des Moines for his kid's 1st Bday party. Or should I skip and go to CF for the game?

smcwildcat
November 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
just dont blitz with 7 seconds left.... and not looking ahead but revenge at the dome would be heaven

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Dilema...my cousin wants me to go to Des Moines for his kid's 1st Bday party. Or should I skip and go to CF for the game?

go to the game in the fabulous UNI-Dome!!

TCisMYhero
November 23rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Sans-Santos NH makes me smile.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
just dont blitz with 7 seconds left.... and not looking ahead but revenge at the dome would be heaven

I understand, but it's tough to win in the fabulous UNI-Dome.

DOME
November 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM

Here's hoping we both get there!

And here's hoping to three straight over the pussycats!

TITLEIST
November 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Oh yea when i come on here the first thing i notice is all the complaining UNI fans are doing.....GIVE ME A BREAK...take a look at the Montana,Cal Poly,east coast fans they dominate this site and were constantly "whining about their seed possibilities. UNI plays a tough schedule, has a history of winning, and doesn't run from the FBS teams.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:44 PM
Oh yea when i come on here the first thing i notice is all the complaining UNI fans are doing.....GIVE ME A BREAK...take a look at the Montana,Cal Poly,east coast fans they dominate this site and were constantly "whining about their seed possibilities. UNI plays a tough schedule, has a history of winning, and doesn't run from the FBS teams.

UM and CP fans were making their cases for seeds. All UNI fans were doing yesterday was whining.

TCisMYhero
November 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
UM and CP fans were making their cases for seeds. All UNI fans were doing yesterday was whining.

Looks like it paid off. Taking a page out of Mack Brown's book.

LUfilmguy
November 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Dear UNI,

Beat Maine by 40. That is all. Thanks
Love,
Liberty

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Dear UNI,

Love,
Liberty

xlolx

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:51 PM
Looks like it paid off. Taking a page out of Mack Brown's book.

It works. With any team I'd rather have happy fans around than bitter ones.

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
I am a HUGE UNI fan now!
May Maine be Pulverized!
Committee you got it WRONG!

TCisMYhero
November 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
It works. With any team I'd rather have happy fans around than bitter ones.

I'm just fine with things todayxpeacex

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
you think liberty would do better against UNI than maine would?

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM

I know we would have played it close. Would we win, I have no idea, but our boys earned a shot yesterday!

TITLEIST
November 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Panther Fans are happy today. Looking forward to the road ahead, should be fun in the DOME make sure we fill the place!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
I'm just fine with things todayxpeacex

The funny thing is, all day yesterday I was hoping you or Villanova would get the #3 seed so we wouldn't have to be in the same bracket as ASU, but now I'm beginning to think that our situation now is worse. Ah well...

LUfilmguy
November 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Unfair question. We wouldn't have been playing UNI if we were in. More than likely if we were in we would have been playing JMU Richmond or Wofford. All but JMU we have a shot at. and with the way we played against Elon... who knows who we could have beaten.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Maine fans:

Please join us at http://www.panthernation.com

charliej
November 23rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
The funny thing is, all day yesterday I was hoping you or Villanova would get the #3 seed so we wouldn't have to be in the same bracket as ASU, but now I'm beginning to think that our situation now is worse. Ah well...

Thats twice in this thread you made me laugh out loud,and I'm not in a great mood right now.:p

Points for that.

mainejeff
November 23rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
Dear UNI,

Love,
Liberty

I dance on Falwell's grave.

xcoffeex

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Any Maine fans coming? Let's hang out! PM Me.

I tried with UNH and Delaware last year. Hung out with one UNH fan Fri Night, saw some on Sat. No Delaware fans.

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM

xcoffeex

Loser. That is what the committee already did today. More bias!xconfusedx

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Thats twice in this thread you made me laugh out loud,and I'm not in a great mood right now.:p

Points for that.

Well I sure hope it was a friendly laughxrotatehx

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Looks like a bye week for UNI, at least according to this thread. xeekx

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Any Maine fans coming? Let's hang out! PM Me.

I tried with UNH and Delaware last year. Hung out with one UNH fan Fri Night, saw some on Sat. No Delaware fans.

Well, no big-name transfers this year, no playoffs.

mainejeff
November 23rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Loser. That is what the committee already did today. More bias!xconfusedx

It's putt-putt time buddy......get out the clubs!

LUfilmguy
November 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM

xcoffeex wow. Mine was a joke. yours... just wrong.

mainejeff
November 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
wow. Mine was a joke. yours... just wrong.

Why is it wrong?.....I hated the guy.

TCisMYhero
November 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Well anyways, back to the subject of the thread.... Go Panthers.

LUfilmguy
November 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Why is it wrong?.....I hated the guy.

A lot of people did. I wasn't a huge fan of some of his views but he was a good man none the less and i'm 99% sure you never met the guy. and seriously? ragging on a dead guy? really? way to show class man.

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
I think that we stole a 3 seed. I'm happy, and I will take it, but I was thinking that Cal Poly was going to sneak in as the #4 (MT #3).

I also think Liberty got jobbed (biblically Job-ed?). Your program is heading in the right direction though.

It looks to be a matchup of stregth versus strength - Maine running vs UNI run def. I see that over the season Maine has run the ball 80% of the time. Should be interesting.

It looks like Maine's kicker is better on extra points that Cal Poly's but about the same on field goals. Advantage to UNI in that area.

LUfilmguy
November 23rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
I also think Liberty got jobbed (biblically Job-ed?). Your program is heading in the right direction though.

xlolx That made me chuckle a bit. thanks.

JayJ79
November 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM

the kid isn't going to remember his first birthday.
Go to the game!

stevdock
November 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Good luck UNI. As a MVFC member, I know I for one will be cheering for you guys. Make us proud.

crunifan
November 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Good luck UNI. As a MVFC member, I know I for one will be cheering for you guys. Make us proud.

Thanks man! We'll see you guys here in a year or two! xnodx

rcny46
November 23rd, 2008, 10:38 PM
Sans-Santos NH makes me smile.

They are a much better team than they were last year.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
They are a much better team than they were last year.

In what way? There were dang good last year.

charliej
November 23rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Not sure I would say better,but they are more complete. I thought they lost some of the offensive fire power,but the running game has improved. Defense is MUCH better than it's been in seasons past.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
Not sure I would say better,but they are more complete. I thought they lost some of the offensive fire power,but the running game has improved. Defense is MUCH better than it's been in seasons past.

Great insight. We always have respect for the CAA teams.

rcny46
November 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM

In every way.Toman doesn't have RS's ability to create something out of nothing-not yet anyway-but he is getting the job done.The defense,O line,running game and passing game as well as the kicking are all much improved.I might get some arguments from other UNH fans,but that's the way I see it.They have to get away from all the penalties though.They had three personal fouls and one unsportsmanlike in the first half Saturday,10 penalties overall.

nutterlyattled
November 23rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
UNI has a history of making games much closer than they are, this maine team reminds me of the unh team of last year, always close games, the scary thing about these types of teams are that you are never sure of how powerful they are, if maines defense shows up then they have a shot.

bainsey
November 23rd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Dear UNI,

Love,
Liberty

Now now, commandment number ten covered that attitude.

nutterlyattled
November 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM

we actually can stop the run, we have been creating turnovers, our defense is a lot bigger, we have multiple running backs who are all different styles and all decent.

and Toman is very good, he can run up the field, he can pass short and long. his main problem is he either won't throw it away and take a bad sack, or he will throw it away and get picked, he could use work on his reads too. but those come with experiance and those things have all gotten much better throughout the season. unh football did not leave with santos, we are still playing good ball

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Unfair question. We wouldn't have been playing UNI if we were in. More than likely if we were in we would have been playing JMU Richmond or Wofford. All but JMU we have a shot at. and with the way we played against Elon... who knows who we could have beaten.

fair enough Im not on one side or the other. I dont know enough about Liberty to make an educated guess.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Are there more UNH or Maine fans on this thread? :D

R3TRO
November 23rd, 2008, 11:25 PM

They don't have many members on this board (that I know of) plus they are fresh in our minds, we just played them.

CAA North love. xthumbsupx Unless we are playing them... then its a different story.

rcny46
November 23rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
UNI has a history of making games much closer than they are, this maine team reminds me of the unh team of last year, always close games, the scary thing about these types of teams are that you are never sure of how powerful they are, if maines defense shows up then they have a shot.

Maine could have the best running game (QB included) UNI has seen this season.Turcotte is impressive.,but they really can spread it around and have a good combination of power and speed.I think they were averaging 290+/game over their last 7 on the ground before the weather -and the UNH D- slowed them down Saturday.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
Maine could have the best running game (QB included) UNI has seen this season.Turcotte is impressive.,but they really can spread it around and have a good combination of power and speed.I think they were averaging 290+/game over their last 7 on the ground before the weather -and the UNH D- slowed them down Saturday.

I don't know. BYU has a pretty highly touted running back duo.

Nicholls State ran a triple option out of the wishbone and flex.

Western Illinois has one of the top running backs in the country.

South Dakota's QB was very mobile.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM

If you run 80 percent of the time, won't the yards eventually pile up?

nutterlyattled
November 23rd, 2008, 11:38 PM

noone wants to talk about the unh game, so why not :o

as usual unh fans leave after the excitment is over...

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah Maine's running game is good but im sure you have seen better. sounds like SIU is OK at the run and like you said BYU was obviously better. hopefuly not so good that we cant stop them.

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
noone wants to talk about the unh game, so why not :o

as usual unh fans leave after the excitment is over...

no Im sure most UNH fans are on the east coast and asleep. not like the west coast UNH fans.

R3TRO
November 23rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
no Im sure most UNH fans are on the east coast and asleep. not like the west coast UNH fans.

I'm east coast and not asleep... There's just nothing productive going on, on that thread so lets crash someone elses.

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 11:43 PM
OH i miss the east coast

crunifan
November 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
If you guys are right, Maine has one week to learn to become a more efficient passing team, otherwise their stint in the playoffs will be short lived.

rcny46
November 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
If you run 80 percent of the time, won't the yards eventually pile up?

I have to admit that I forgot that you played BYU to start the season,and it is true that a team that runs as much as Maine will tend to get most of their yardage that way.

nutterlyattled
November 23rd, 2008, 11:48 PM
i am on the east coast as well, and feel very alone after halftime... season ticket fans stick around, but students arent willing to buy into football, i dont know why considering the success we have had in the past couple of years.

nutterlyattled
November 23rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
hows the weather supposed to be.... does it snow in the dome? ;) if so watch out for maine

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 12:13 AM
hows the weather supposed to be.... does it snow in the dome? ;) if so watch out for maine

I predict 72 degrees, no wind.

crunifan
November 24th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Well, on the Maine website they have UNI and the Dome located in Cedar Rapids. So lets hope the team gets lost in CR and is forced to forfeit the game.

blur2005
November 24th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Well, on the Maine website they have UNI and the Dome located in Cedar Rapids. So lets hope the team gets lost in CR and is forced to forfeit the game.
That's pretty hilarious. I can't believe it's written incorrectly on the team's website. But hey, "falls" and "rapids" are both qualities of water, so it's not an absurd mix-up.

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2008, 01:17 AM
That's pretty hilarious. I can't believe it's written incorrectly on the team's website. But hey, "falls" and "rapids" are both qualities of water, so it's not an absurd mix-up.

I guess you are right. Good luck against Wofford, Jerry Madison.xthumbsupx

JayJ79
November 24th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I predict 72 degrees, no wind.

I'm gonna go with 68 degrees. I think they might have turned the thermostat down a tad to save on heating costs. :p

igo4uni
November 24th, 2008, 07:01 AM

Geez! stuff like that annoys the pizz out of mexmadx xmadx xmadx

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM
bump

clenz
November 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna go with 68 degrees. I think they might have turned the thermostat down a tad to save on heating costs. :p
I believe it was 68 in the dome at kickoff last time we had a home game. Oddly enough that was also against a Bear mascot.

Weather prediction:

Outside 34 degrees, winds out of the Northwest at 20 MPH

Inside 68 degrees, no wind......WELCOME TO THE DOME!

bcrawf
November 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
The last time Maine came out to Cedar Falls the Dome was MAYBE half full, we were coming out of the darkness of the Mike Dunbar era...

This time the place should be near full and rocking. Welcome to the Dome Black Bears!

Completely OT--If they are the Black Bears how come there is so much blue in the uniform??

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I would love to meet up with some Maine fans in CF errr, CR this weekend.

clenz
November 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
The last time Maine came out to Cedar Falls the Dome was MAYBE half full, we were coming out of the darkness of the Mike Dunbar era...

This time the place should be near full and rocking. Welcome to the Dome Black Bears!

Completely OT--If they are the Black Bears how come there is so much blue in the uniform??

Same reason a blue berry appears purple....no one knows for sure.

JayJ79
November 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I believe it was 68 in the dome at kickoff last time we had a home game. Oddly enough that was also against a Bear mascot.

yup. I remember hearing them announce 68, and it surprised me since it has always been announced as 72. And the official stats list the MSU game as having a 68 temperature.

Personally, I'd have no problem with them dropping the temp to 68. 'tis better to have it slightly cooler (though 68 is still plenty comfortable) than too warm. People can always wear a sweatshirt. Or better yet, keep warm by cheering! xthumbsupx

Plus, dropping the temp saves the university on heating costs.

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Didn't I used to hear that TA would always crank the heat up to 78-79 degrees in the dome when teams like Maine would come in and play?

clenz
November 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
That would have been miserable to play in.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Didn't I used to hear that TA would always crank the heat up to 78-79 degrees in the dome when teams like Maine would come in and play?

Mudra started doing that. Temp was in the low 80's though.

bcrawf
November 24th, 2008, 03:26 PM
TA and Mudra also held practices indoors a helluva lot more than Farley does...

clenz
November 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Does Farley ever practice indoors? With the exception of thunderstorms and blizzards of course

bcrawf
November 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Very, Very rarely. Only when the weather makes the outdoor field unavailable or when it gets really cold in December...

unigriff
November 24th, 2008, 03:34 PM
at least its not as bad as ESPN for the 2nd time in 3 years calling us Northern Illinois (NIU). Thats what really pisses me off.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I would love to meet up with some Maine fans in CF errr, CR this weekend.

Same here. Not sure any are coming. :D

PapaBear
November 24th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Same here. Not sure any are coming. :D

I will be there. I know of several Maine parents who are coming. Not sure yet what time we'll arrive. Still working on it.

Does Maine get an allocation of tickets?

luflame15
November 24th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I hope Maine gets destroyed.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 07:13 PM
bd calm down, ive been advocating for maine as much as the next guy but jeez...

UNHlund
November 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I'm rooting for Maine for the potential almost-home game for UNH--and to avoid horrific UNI flashbacks...

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Farley practices inside when we play inside. Exception is during high school playoffs or when the team needs to "toughen up." He might practice outside one night a week if we are playing in the dome.

I would be suprised if they have been outside all week. Where are you getting your information from?

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I will be there. I know of several Maine parents who are coming. Not sure yet what time we'll arrive. Still working on it.

Yes, you do. Please let me know when you guys are coming if you'd like to get together.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Maine practices and plays out doors, and northern Maine is friggen cold, these UNI pussies are going down to the tough Black Bears, Maine is from the CAA, what the frig is the Missouri valley conf? Real men play outside.The pansies I mean the panthers are gonna eat it.

That's what UNH said in 2005. How original. Also didn't work that way for Maine in 2001.

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Maine practices and plays out doors, and northern Maine is friggen cold, these UNI pussies are going down to the tough Black Bears, Maine is from the CAA, what the frig is the Missouri valley conf? Real men play outside.The pansies I mean the panthers are gonna eat it.

Another reason to crank the heat up to 80 degrees.

I'm just getting started, time to get ready for the playoffs, talk some smack,get pumped,I't FCS time baby!xrotatehx xrotatehx

Who are you, MplsBison's alter ego?

All above is just one more reason Rhode Island should not be a state...

TCisMYhero
November 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
All above is just one more reason Rhode Island should not be a state...

Armanti Edwards wished for me to pass this message along:

"Rhode Island's a state?"

JayJ79
November 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM

From the NCAA playoff handbook:

An allotment of tickets will be reserved for the competing institutions. Each competing
institution will have access to 500 tickets. Not less than half of the tickets should be located
between the 30-yard lines unless undue hardship is caused to season ticket holders, which
must be indicated on the ticket manifest. Host institutions must reserve seats behind their
opponent’s bench for visiting spectators that shall be located somewhere between the 30-
yard lines. Further, the seats allocated for the visiting spectators shall start with the lowest
possible row to ensure that no home team spectators are located in front of the visiting
spectators. See the “Team Benches” section above for additional information.
The host institution or sponsoring agency will retain 250 of the 500 tickets, and the
competing institutions will be advised that they are available, if needed. Additional tickets
may be purchased, but the seat locations will not be guaranteed.
Each institution shall return all money and unsold tickets, and inform the host institution
or sponsoring agency of the number it will require from the 250 tickets being retained,
not later than 6 p.m. Thursday before the game. If the tickets are not returned to the host
institution or sponsoring agency by this time, the institution shall be responsible for all
unreturned tickets at face value. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being
retained, the host institution or sponsoring agency will use them for public sale.
The minimum ticket prices shall be $10 for reserved seating and $6 for general admission.
A $5 student general admission ticket, with student identification card, is permissible for
grade school, high-school and college students for first-round, quarterfinal and semifinal
games. All playoff tickets, however, shall not be less than the regular-season ticket prices
of the host institution.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
That's what UNH said in 2005. How original. Also didn't work that way for Maine in 2001.

Actually, I doubt any UNH poster in 2005 other than Travis said anything about UNI playing indoors. IIRC, it was mostly Delaware and other people saying that stuff. I think it was based on UNI's game in Newark a couple years earlier.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm just getting started, time to get ready for the playoffs, talk some smack,get pumped,I't FCS time baby!xrotatehx xrotatehx

Then take it to the Smack Forum. xwhistlex

And you're not even a Maine fan/alum. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Actually, I doubt any UNH poster in 2005 other than Travis said anything about UNI playing indoors. IIRC, it was mostly Delaware and other people saying that stuff. I think it was based on UNI's game in Newark a couple years earlier.

Do I need to post a picture of the GIANT banner that was hanging in Durham at the game. King sized sheet....something about playing in a dome...being pansies....getting frostbitten by the wildcats...xpeacex

Cap'n Cat
November 25th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Yea right, 1 hr to Boston, 3 hrs to NYC, 1 hr to Cape Cod, 3 hrs to ski country, 25 min to beautiful Newport, I have ocean all around me, a fishermans paridise, Rhode Island is a beautiful place to live, much better than the middle of nowhere , where do you fish? in the crick, ha get real.Northern nowhere.Flat, boring, nothing going nowhere.xnonox

Now, bdfuk, Iowa's got some right purty places and some nice hilly stuff, boy. Y'all gotta git out there, son.

http://www.sierravisionsstock.com/sierravisions/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/06102007can-251410.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/223/465354040_570d5b4c81.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/364763002_dcf7eecb77.jpg?v=0

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/Candrson/hills.jpg

http://chiron.valdosta.edu/ecbrevik/LoessHillsRussell.JPG

turfdoc
November 25th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Yea right, 1 hr to Boston, 3 hrs to NYC, 1 hr to Cape Cod, 3 hrs to ski country, 25 min to beautiful Newport, I have ocean all around me, a fishermans paridise, Rhode Island is a beautiful place to live, much better than the middle of nowhere , where do you fish? in the crick, ha get real.Northern nowhere.Flat, boring, nothing going nowhere.xnonox

So it is a great place to live..... doesn't mean it should be a state.

In addition day to day life is most influenced by the people you are around. ....xwhistlex

turfdoc
November 25th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Now, bdfuk, Iowa's got some right purty places and some nice hilly stuff, boy. Y'all gotta git out there, son.

[

You just made me homesick. Where I live now is awfully flat.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Do I need to post a picture of the GIANT banner that was hanging in Durham at the game. King sized sheet....something about playing in a dome...being pansies....getting frostbitten by the wildcats...xpeacex

Bah, that kind of smack just makes it that much more satisfying when we beat them. :p

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 25th, 2008, 08:45 AM

I was only talking about AGS. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

BTW, I never did see that sheet because I was in the stands behind the wall where it would have been hanging. Doesn't surprise me though because I have often seen dumb things on the sheet hung before games.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2008, 08:53 AM

post it.

clenz
November 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Do I need to post a picture of the GIANT banner that was hanging in Durham at the game. King sized sheet....something about playing in a dome...being pansies....getting frostbitten by the wildcats...xpeacexi've never saw it, so i say yes

UNI Pike
November 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Aaah - an hour from everywhere you want to be!xpeacex

Personally, I am out in earthquake country, suffering through SF Bay area sports. At least we have St Mary's BB to watch. I am debating sneaking down to Cal Poly to watch a game in person.

nutterlyattled
November 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM

wow did it really hurt your feelings that bad that it is still trmatic to this day? there is one of those hanging up for every game many people are aware of what they look like

nutterlyattled
November 25th, 2008, 09:30 AM

all i saw was some swamp land, and a bridge that looked like a coupld of well balanced toothpicks. that hiking tails was nice though

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I know it is difficult, but can I please get some more information on this years Black Bears squad? Key players and style of offense and such. I should have watched their game against the Hawkeyes earlier in the year, but since I absolutely hate the black and gold team from and hour and a half south I didn't. So cue me in on this team.

mcveyrl
November 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Personally, I am out in earthquake country, suffering through SF Bay area sports. At least we have St Mary's BB to watch. I am debating sneaking down to Cal Poly to watch a game in person.

Word is that there's a good one going on this weekend.

mcveyrl
November 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I know it is difficult, but can I please get some more information on this years Black Bears squad? Key players and style of offense and such. I should have watched their game against the Hawkeyes earlier in the year, but since I absolutely hate the black and gold team from and hour and a half south I didn't. So cue me in on this team.

I listened to their game against us, so I can't give you a whole lot of detail. It was also raining pretty hard throughout the game, so that was not cool either.

Cosgrove attempted two surprise onside kicks. One worked. One resulted in us getting some sort of crazy penalty and great field position. Led to our go-ahead score.

That's about all I got.

jmufan999
November 25th, 2008, 02:26 PM
same as mcveyrl. listened to it, which doesn't tell you much.

all accounts are that they are solid on offense and defense, not stellar on either. solid.

but again, i didn't see them play. definitely a terrible weather game for JMU.

i picked UNI, just because i know they tend to get a good turnout at the dome. this one is tough to call.

mcveyrl
November 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I listened to their game against us, so I can't give you a whole lot of detail. It was also raining pretty hard throughout the game, so that was not cool either.

Cosgrove attempted two surprise onside kicks. One worked. One resulted in us getting some sort of crazy penalty and great field position. Led to our go-ahead score.

That's about all I got.

To add to this, I thought the onside kick was pretty risky, but Cosgrove, in his post game comments, essentially admitted that you've got to try some things like that when you're not as good as the other team. I'm sure that his perspective on his team has changed, but wouldn't be surprised if he tried the same type of stuff with you all.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I was only talking about AGS. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

BTW, I never did see that sheet because I was in the stands behind the wall where it would have been hanging. Doesn't surprise me though because I have often seen dumb things on the sheet hung before games.

Fair enough. The banner wasn't that bad. the little kids flipping us off and some of the student section chants were odd though. xthumbsupx xpeacex

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
wow did it really hurt your feelings that bad that it is still trmatic to this day? there is one of those hanging up for every game many people are aware of what they look like

I'm guessing that the peace sign meant it was a joke. We were treated terribly in new hampshire for the most part. Some cool fans, but for the most part is was a bad experience. not as much tramatic as odd and funny.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Haven't found the bannner pic, so here's the Cap'n to tide you over.....EDIT:oops....or the team bus.

R3TRO
November 25th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Fair enough. The banner wasn't that bad. the little kids flipping us off and some of the student section chants were odd though. xthumbsupx xpeacex

You should hear the chants at the hockey games... lol xwhistlex

Just be glad you didn't go to UMass... if you thought our students were rude...Forget about it
http://www.unbridledmartialarts.com/Working%20Documents/News/Rex%20Kwon%20Do%201.jpg

nutterlyattled
November 25th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I'm guessing that the peace sign meant it was a joke. We were treated terribly in new hampshire for the most part. Some cool fans, but for the most part is was a bad experience. not as much tramatic as odd and funny.
Well im sorry for the poor sports you ran into... those signs are up every week, i didnt thinka nyone actually payed attention to them

nutterlyattled
November 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
and im quite suprise there were enough students to actually chant, must have been 2nd quarter, its the only time they are there. late to the game, and leave at half

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
and im quite suprise there were enough students to actually chant, must have been 2nd quarter, its the only time they are there. late to the game, and leave at half

they stayed all game.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2008, 05:49 PM

That's just the farm ponds. Out here they're bigger than Rhode Islamd.