PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for JMU

blitz4
November 23rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
To be the #1 seed and draw Wofford is a tough situation.

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 07:41 PM
Bring your earplugs Wofford, its going to get crazy. We gotta play who they pick, so lets just leave it all on the field.

DB_Atlantic10
November 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Man, talking about a loaded Bracket.....

JMU
Wofford,
Villanova
Montana
Weber St
Cal Poly.......

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
I don't... they drew an easy first round game.

Their league’s not that good. Don’t put that down.

Let's go, Wofford!!

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 23rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
To be the best you've got to beat the best. Just remember we hold the trump card: game is played in the 'burg. Completely different animal at Home. Get that streamer throwing arm warmed up! GO DUKES!

ASU_MBA
November 23rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
JMU got the shaft. Wofforfd is a tough draw then a possible villanova rematch then maybe the hyped cal poly or montana squad. Yikes what did jmu do to make the selection peeps mad?
App got the better bracket for sure.

Oh by the way...go terriers.
Fyi wofford......do not i mean do not under any circumstances kick the damn ball to scotty mcgee.

alexale23
November 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
I feel sorry for the Waffle dam drawing JMU in Harrisonburg

I mean dam thats like JMU going to boone last year.

Heres to 71

SoCon48
November 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
I feel sorry for the Waffle dam drawing JMU in Harrisonburg

I mean dam thats like JMU going to boone last year.

Heres to 71

JMU beat App and App drubbed Woof. How could JMU be afraid of the Terriers?

apppackdad
November 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
JMU got absolutely screwed by the committee!xrulesx This is the by product of five CAA teams in the draw. Imagine Liberty in the draw and JMU's first round opponent is obvious. Still there must have been a pairing that makes more sense. Maybe Eastern Kentucky to App & SC State or Colgate to JMU? One of the Gateways could have traveled, surely no more
miles than TxState to Montana or Maine to UNI.xnodx Being the top seed should mean more than a home game.xrolleyesx

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
JMU got absolutely screwed by the committee!xrulesx This is the by product of five CAA teams in the draw. Imagine Liberty in the draw and JMU's first round opponent is obvious. Still there must have been a pairing that makes more sense. Maybe Eastern Kentucky to App & SC State or Colgate to JMU? One of the Gateways could have traveled, surely no more
miles than TxState to Montana or Maine to UNI.xnodx Being the top seed should mean more than a home game.xrolleyesx

...you sir have a good head on your shoulders.

blur2005
November 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Spartanburg, SC (Wofford) to Harrisonburg, VA (JMU) - 366 miles
Richmond, KY (E.Kentucky) to Richmond, VA (Richmond) - 494 miles
Orangeburg, SC (S.C. State) to Boone, NC (App. State) - 230 miles

Here's what they should've done to account for distance as well as fairness:

S.C. State at JMU (431 miles)
Eastern Kentucky at Appalachian State (304 miles)
Wofford at Richmond (364 miles)

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
Spartanburg, SC (Wofford) to Harrisonburg, VA (JMU) - 366 miles
Richmond, KY (E.Kentucky) to Richmond, VA (Richmond) - 494 miles
Orangeburg, SC (S.C. State) to Boone, NC (App. State) - 230 miles

Here's what they should've done to account for distance as well as fairness:

S.C. State at JMU (431 miles)
Eastern Kentucky at Appalachian State (304 miles)
Wofford at Richmond (364 miles)

Do we really have to go over this again?

madisonfan87
November 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
I for one welcome the harder bracket. If we win all our games and win the championship, it makes us look better. Oh yeah, homefield advantage never hurts.

Grabholdofyosef
November 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
I was worried ASU would land Richmond in the first round but it was JMU that landed the hard draw with Wofford. I thought Wofford to Richmond and EKU to JMU would have been more fair.

blur2005
November 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Do we really have to go over this again?
I understand that distance is the most important thing, which is why S.C. State, as the closest team to App State, got sent to App State. I'm just saying, in terms of bus trips, if I'm not mistaken, there would be no difference except the destinations for Wofford, Eastern Kentucky, and S.C. State. In fact, doing it this way reduces the longest trip from 494 miles to 431.

Is it 400+ or 450+ miles for a flight?

JMU Newbill
November 23rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
well everyone says our schedule is easy.... i guess we get to find out how we would have done in the SoCon this year... already played their #1... now we get their #2

MacThor
November 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I thought Wofford to Richmond and EKU to JMU would have been more fair.

I agree with you. Richmond got treated pretty well.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I understand how important regionalization is but IMO you can not compromise what a team has earned by garnering a number one seed... to give the number one seed a team that would probably be around 8-10 if all 16 teams were seeded is just wrong...

th0m
November 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Ehh. It'll be one hell of a game either way. I'd rather have JMU play a competitive team and just be able to enjoy the game, than to just run over some bubble team. Of course we want to advance, but you're gonna run into a good team sooner or later, I'd rather have them as soon as possible to get that momentum going again. The Delaware, W&M and Towson games definitely put that JMU magic on the back burner, time to fire it up again!

jus10asu
November 24th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I hate to break it to you JMU fans, but the ASU team you played at the first of the season isn't anywhere close to the well oil machine that it is now. So I wouldn't use this whole "we beat ASU and ASU killed Wofford, therefore we're gonna destroy Wofford" bit. I'd be pretty worried about Wofford...they dropped a L on us last year when we had a killer team and they are no joke. Its gonna be a rough game. If JMU can make it through this playoff run then I will be thoroughly impressed. Good Luck boys, the season begins now.

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I hate to break it to you JMU fans, but the ASU team you played at the first of the season isn't anywhere close to the well oil machine that it is now. So I wouldn't use this whole "we beat ASU and ASU killed Wofford, therefore we're gonna destroy Wofford" bit. I'd be pretty worried about Wofford...they dropped a L on us last year when we had a killer team and they are no joke. Its gonna be a rough game. If JMU can make it through this playoff run then I will be thoroughly impressed. Good Luck boys, the season begins now.

I don't know that I've seen anybody use that logic. You may have noticed that JMU's hitting a pretty good stride too.

This will be a tough game, no doubt. I've given my mini-analysis on another thread.

th0m
November 24th, 2008, 07:48 AM

No JMU fan on this thread mentioned the JMU>ASU, ASU>Woffy so JMU>Woffy rhetoric, it was one of your Socon buddies:

JMU beat App and App drubbed Woof. How could JMU be afraid of the Terriers?

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 24th, 2008, 07:50 AM
No JMU fan on this thread mentioned the JMU>ASU, ASU>Woffy so JMU>Woffy rhetoric, it was one of your Socon buddies:

I love how every team that loses always uses the excuse "oh we weren't playing our top game but we are now. wail until we play next time" as well.

AshevilleApp2
November 24th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I think JMU will probably beat Wofford, but they have had some extraordinarily tough first round games lately. (Same with Wofford xnodx ).

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I don't... they drew an easy first round game.

Let's go, Wofford!!

xlolx Mickey asked for it, and now he's got it. Knowing Mickey, he'll now reverse field and complain about the tough draw.

If this game were played a few weeks ago, I think Wofford would have been a really tough match for the Dukes. As it is, JMU's linebackers have improved tremendously since mid-season. I think it will still be a challenge preparing that young crew for the Wofford attack, but I think they'll be up to it now.

GOODY26
November 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
xpeacex I don't feel sorry for JMU they're playing at home and playing well right now.

http://www.nsuspartans.com/images/2008/8/30/rp_primary_Branche_08VSU1.jpg

james_lawfirm
November 24th, 2008, 07:57 AM
JMU got the shaft. Wofforfd is a tough draw then a possible villanova rematch then maybe the hyped cal poly or montana squad. Yikes what did jmu do to make the selection peeps mad?
App got the better bracket for sure.

Oh by the way...go terriers.
Fyi wofford......do not i mean do not under any circumstances kick the damn ball to scotty mcgee.

JMU? I thought Wofford was traditionally the one who got the shaft.

Personally, I think JMU will have its hands full.

james_lawfirm
November 24th, 2008, 07:58 AM
xlolx Mickey asked for it, and now he's got it. Knowing Mickey, he'll now reverse field and complain about the tough draw.

If this game were played a few weeks ago, I think Wofford would have been a really tough match for the Dukes. As it is, JMU's linebackers have improved tremendously since mid-season. I think it will still be a challenge preparing that young crew for the Wofford attack, but I think they'll be up to it now.

Good luck with that. If you have not seen Wofford's option attack before, you won't believe it.

Appfan_in_CAAland
November 24th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Woffie handled Wash-Griz last year, I don't think that high school stadium in Harrisonburg is going to scare them.

Now what was our problem?xconfusedx

Personally, I think swapping Colgate and Wofford would have made seedings of the brackets suprisingly good overall.

whitey
November 24th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Since Liberty didn't get the last at-large it was going to be Wofford all along. Wofford is the only non-seeded/non-CAA team within 400 miles of JMU (361 miles). Eastern Kentucky is 431 miles from JMU. Eastern Kentucky is 505 miles from Richmond. Wofford is 368 miles from Richmond.

431+368 <505+361 so yeah maybe it makes a little more sense to have sent EKU to JMU and paired Wofford with Richmond. But the committee has rules and procedures to follow. If people want to complain people should complain about the imbalance between the entire top half of the bracket versus the bottom half of the bracket. It is what it is. Money talks and its pretty easy to figure out why the committee did what it did.

terrierbob
November 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Well, even though it's been beat to death, logic doesn't apply to 18-22 year old young men. An oracle and a Cray computer wouldn't be able to predict App manhandling us 70-24, our trampling Elon 55-20, and an App/Elon score of ASU 24, Elon 16.

I'm hopeful that the team we saw against Samford and Furman (albeit an un-Furman-like Furman) is the one that shows up, improved, and makes a game of it in the Commonwealth.

GOODY26
November 24th, 2008, 08:06 AM
xpeacex I feel bad for liberty. They finish 10-2 and beats a good Elon team.and they don't get an invite to the dance.

http://www.nsuspartans.com/images/2008/8/30/rp_primary_Branche_08VSU1.jpg

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 08:07 AM
xpeacex I feel bad for liberty. They finish 10-2 and beats a good Elon team.

http://www.nsuspartans.com/images/2008/8/30/rp_primary_Branche_08VSU1.jpgand they don't get an invite to the dance.

Ditto on this.

Don't Cry For Us AGS...the truth is we never left you...:D :D xrotatehx

You gotta beat everybody to be a national champion. If you're worried about a tough first round match up, then you are SCREWED when you have to play a seed in the semi-finals...

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Woffie handled Wash-Griz last year, I don't think that high school stadium in Harrisonburg is going to scare them.

Now what was our problem?xconfusedx

Personally, I think swapping Colgate and Wofford would have made seedings of the brackets suprisingly good overall.

Wofford handled the Griz LAST year. Different Wofford team this year and a different opponent. If you think JMU's "high school" stadium is easy to win in why don't you ask any of our other CAA brethren how easy it is to win there. JMU at home is a completely different team than on the road. You can count on that.

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Ditto on this.

Don't Cry For Us AGS...the truth is we never left you...:D :D xrotatehx

You gotta beat everybody to be a national champion. If you're worried about a tough first round match up, then you are SCREWED when you have to play a seed in the semi-finals...

Especially true for you guys this year, considering in 2004 yall did it all on the road. xnodx

appirishmen
November 24th, 2008, 08:15 AM
To be the #1 seed and draw Wofford is a tough situation.

man im not sorry for them at all. they have been yelling all season they are the best and they are "gods chosen team this season", let them go prove it. good luck to both teams and i cant wait for the playoffs to start!!! screw the bcs and their computer rankings!!!!!

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
man im not sorry for them at all. they have been yelling all season they are the best and they are "gods chosen team this season", let them go prove it. good luck to both teams and i cant wait for the playoffs to start!!! screw the bcs and their computer rankings!!!!!

I don't know that we've been saying that. Mickey even said we were just lucky to get the hail mary at Villanova.

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Good luck with that. If you have not seen Wofford's option attack before, you won't believe it.

Seen it many times. Watched the ASU game, and, of course, the Richmond playoff last year. JMU has the defensive front, and team speed to hold the Terriers down, much like ASU did.

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Seen it many times. Watched the ASU game, and, of course, the Richmond playoff last year. JMU has the defensive front, and team speed to hold the Terriers down, much like ASU did.

Nice to see some other CAA teams that have played us stick up for usxthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I don't know that we've been saying that. Mickey even said we were just lucky to get the hail mary at Villanova.

Have to agree with appirishmen. Mickey, and the JMU faithful have been claiming #1 all year. Now it's time to prove it.

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Have to agree with appirishmen. Mickey, and the JMU faithful have been claiming #1 all year. Now it's time to prove it.

No doubt we've been claiming number one all year. But I highlighted that we were saying that we were "God's chosen team." We've just been lucky and we've admitted it.

FTR, you guys got hosed...

jus10asu
November 24th, 2008, 08:29 AM

Check out caazone if you haven't looked.

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 24th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Check out caazone if you haven't looked.

Ok or check out ASU's message board. They pretty much feel as if they are better than everybody by leaps and bounds and anything negative to that is met with hostility. Teams playoff board are always full of homers. Doesn't even justify an argument to be honest. You don't see JMU fans on the AGS board spouting off about being "chosen" do you?

South Carolina Duke
November 24th, 2008, 08:44 AM

Your point is taken under consideration however, the ASU team that we beat "early on" is that the same "well oiled machine" that eeked out wins against both teams like Furman and Ga. So later on in the same season? Just asking for clarification, that's all?!

You are correct, the season begins now. So, let it... Good luck to all.

MacThor
November 24th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I don't "feel sorry" for the #1 seed. But the only argument against JMU-EKU and Wofford-Richmond I can see is the committee was trying to avoid Wofford-ASU in the 2nd round (with only 2 SoCon teams in the field, don't put them in the same quarter). However, the committee did not avoid potential 2nd round rematches of JMU-Villanova, SIU-UNI, Maine-UNH, or Weber St-Montana.

terrierbob
November 24th, 2008, 08:52 AM

Our OL is at least 50% better than last year's. Key is anticipation, getting a helmet on ALL possible ball carriers, watch out for the pass, be careful of Romero and Breitenstein and the FB dive, etc. Whatever the he*l happened in Boone is over. xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
November 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM

We didn't really hold them down, they ran all over us. We won that game with turnovers we did anything but shut down their rushing attack.

whitey
November 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM
But the only argument against JMU-EKU and Wofford-Richmond I can see is the committee was trying to avoid Wofford-ASU in the 2nd round (with only 2 SoCon teams in the field, don't put them in the same quarter). However, the committee did not avoid potential 2nd round rematches of JMU-Villanova, SIU-UNI, Maine-UNH, or Weber St-Montana.

Yeah, I'm guessing avoiding Wofford/ASU in the 2nd round wasn't really an issue. It's fairly obvious they were simply trying to maintain as many bus trips in the 2nd round as possible. Unfortunately that came at the expense of a lopsided bracket.

Proud Griz Man
November 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Man, talking about a loaded Bracket.....

JMU
Wofford,
Villanova
Montana
Weber St
Cal Poly.......

Don't worry about those Western teams, the only good football is in the CAA. If you don't believe me, just ask all the experts. xreadx

I am already tired of hearing about the anti-Mickey conspiracy theories floating around. xwhistlex xbawlingx Is Oliver Stone doing a movie about Mickey and his battle against the establishment?

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
WHO CARES ABOUT ASU VS. JMU? IF IT HAPPENS IT IS FOUR WEEKS AWAY! GIVE IT A REST! xsmhx

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
WHO CARES ABOUT ASU VS. JMU? IF IT HAPPENS IT IS FOUR WEEKS AWAY! GIVE IT A REST! xsmhx

xeekx xeekx xeekx

Wait. What? We're not playing them in the first round?? xconfusedx xconfusedx

Are you sure?

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
xeekx xeekx xeekx

Wait. What? We're not playing them in the first round?? xconfusedx xconfusedx

Are you sure?

Haha, mcveryl, my fellow voice of reason. I know it's crazy right? xlolx How's it going? Good luck, the top bracket looks to be brutal.

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 24th, 2008, 09:25 AM

I wish I could give you more rep points than I'm currently allowed xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I wish I could give you more rep points than I'm currently allowed xthumbsupx

It's cool, it's like Christmas...it's the thought that counts. xpeacex

DX Man
November 24th, 2008, 09:32 AM
IMO, JMU should have gotten an "easier" 1st round game and Wofford should have gotten a home game. JMU -vs- Wofford will be the best game this Saturday and should have gotten the ESPNU coverage.

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 09:34 AM
It's cool, it's like Christmas...it's the thought that counts. xpeacex

Rod and Todd Flanders: "Yay!! Imaginary Christmas!!"

ChickenMan
November 24th, 2008, 09:38 AM
As Rodney Landers goes.. so goes JMU. If Landers plays well throughout the playoffs.. JMU has a great shot to win it all. If he doesn't.. JMU could lose in the first round. That being said.. I expect Landers to play very well and JMU to make it to Chattanooga.

ChickenMan
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Don't worry about those Western teams, the only good football is in the CAA.

Glad you 'finally' understand that.... :p

whitey
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
IMO, JMU should have gotten an "easier" 1st round game and Wofford should have gotten a home game. JMU -vs- Wofford will be the best game this Saturday and should have gotten the ESPNU coverage.

JMU's AD had made a request to the CAA commish on Saturday that JMU not be given the noon time slot. Of course I don't know if that had anything to do with ASU/SCSt getting the ESPNU coverage.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I think our crappy press box facilities had more to do with it than anything. xnodx Keep winning and we'll be on TV in no time. ;)

MacThor
November 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
JMU's AD had made a request to the CAA commish on Saturday that JMU not be given the noon time slot. Of course I don't know if that had anything to do with ASU/SCSt getting the ESPNU coverage.

Given that ESPNU spent the first 10 minutes of the selection show talking about Appalachian State, I had little doubt who would get their first televised game. xrolleyesx

Proud Griz Man
November 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Glad you 'finally' understand that.... :p

As of now, I will include you on my list of CAA experts. xrotatehx

http://nfp.conagrafoods.com/images/0003100010976.jpg

Chicken Fried Blue Hen Meal

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Meal

Amount/Serving
Calories: 380 Calories from Fat: 210
% Daily Value*
Fat (20g) 31%
Saturated Fat (5g) --
Trans Fat (0g) --
Cholesterol (30mg) 10%
Sodium (930mg) --
Carbohydrates (35g) --
Total Dietary Fiber (5g) --
Sugars (3g) 8%
Protein (14g) --

Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 8% Iron 8%
Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

appirishmen
November 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM

ive heard plenty of JMU fans say that. on many different boards. and Mickey Mouse has been saying that crap all year.

blitz4
November 24th, 2008, 11:01 AM
We rushed for 400 yards on APPstate. Had we not turned it over 5 times we would have been in the game to win it. Wofford will never play that bad again. The Wofford team everyone saw on ESPN2 against app is not wofford. Just ask the south carolina gamecocks.

alexale23
November 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Shoot I feel Sorry for SC state going to Boone takin on App with a 12 game playoff winning streak

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 11:09 AM
We rushed for 400 yards on APPstate. Had we not turned it over 5 times we would have been in the game to win it.
xconfusedx App had 620 yards of offense. Only one of the turnovers gave the ball to App in WC territory. You could not stop them. As I said in another thread, I think WC will move the ball on JMU and could own the clock, but I think JMU's offense will do to you what App's did (not to that same extent, but they don't need to). xpeacex

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'd say look more at the body of work. Wofford walked into a hornet's nest in Boone on national tv. I would wager any rational FCS fan would say that a night game in Boone on a cold night is an incredibly tough place to win, no matter who you are.

Wofford plays keep away and runs an offense that is tough to replicate in practice. To be quite honest, Wofford plays the role of "giant killer" just about every time they are in the playoffs. Ask Montana.

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I would wager any rational FCS fan would say that a night game in Boone on a cold night is an incredibly tough place to win, no matter who you are.
It is, but it's more because it's AppSt than it's Boone IMO. Harrisonburg will be a tough "place" to play too... ask App.

FWIW, this will be JMU's first home playoff game since 1994... I expect it to be pretty full.

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 24th, 2008, 11:25 AM
It is, but it's more because it's AppSt than it's Boone IMO. Harrisonburg will be a tough "place" to play too... ask App.

FWIW, this will be JMU's first home playoff game since 1994... I expect it to be pretty full.

And hopefully rock'n!xthumbsupx

woffordgrad94
November 24th, 2008, 11:34 AM

When they showed Mickey right after the JMU-Wofford game announcement on the selection show, he looked pretty serious. He didn't seem to be overjoyed.

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM
And hopefully rock'n!xthumbsupx
You guys better fill it. xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 11:40 AM
You guys better fill it. xthumbsupx

I will be incredibly disappointed, but not really surprised, if it's not full.

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I think our crappy press box facilities had more to do with it than anything. xnodx

App has tiny temporary press boxes.

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics13/400/HG/HGLLJUPNZZHFEAD.20080812151154.jpg

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I will be incredibly disappointed, but not really surprised, if it's not full.
The only time the Hens have filled the Tub for first round was last year with DelSt. I would call anything north of 12,000 full in H'burg for first round. :)

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
App has tiny temporary press boxes.
Nicer than the "permanent" one at UD. :o

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 11:51 AM
The only time the Hens have filled the Tub for first round was last year with DelSt. I would call anything north of 12,000 full in H'burg for first round. :)

That's what I'm hoping for. Ticket office line has been busy all morning. After contemplation, they probably left the phone off the hook on purpose.

Luckily mine are guaranteed I just wanted to know what time the game was.

JMU Newbill
November 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM
It may not be full just because a lot of students won't be there. I still don't agree with how Student Duke Club has a monopoly over tickets, escpecially since a lot of them end up selling them for profit on ebay... but hey.... I guess that's what people do these days.

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Have they announced the game time? xconfusedx

mcveyrl
It may not be full just because a lot of students won't be there. I still don't agree with how Student Duke Club has a monopoly over tickets, escpecially since a lot of them end up selling them for profit on ebay... but hey.... I guess that's what people do these days.

One of the logistics to be worked out is the opening of the dorms. That's obviously a huge undertaking since dining services and the rest will have to be fully staffed (as opposed to a skeleton crew for athletes).

bandl
I bought 4 tickets online last night, no problem whatsoever. And I'm not a current season ticket holder. xreadx

mcveyrl
Have they announced the game time? xconfusedx

As of noon, it was still a couple of hours out.

bandl
November 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
One of the logistics to be worked out is the opening of the dorms. That's obviously a huge undertaking since dining services and the rest will have to be fully staffed (as opposed to a skeleton crew for athletes).

I remember one time (95? 96?) where they opened up the dorms a day early for students because of an 'impending' snow storm. They also said dining services will not be avaiable for another day, so students wishing to beat the storm are encouraged to stockpile a little bit of beer, er food. So it can be done if the students have an iota of common sense and know how dial 1-800-papa-john.

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I remember one time (95? 96?) where they opened up the dorms a day early for students because of an 'impending' snow storm. They also said dining services will not be avaiable for another day, so students wishing to beat the storm are encouraged to stockpile a little bit of beer, er food. So it can be done if the students have an iota of common sense and know how dial 1-800-papa-john.

That would be a good fix, too.

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Just saw on the jmusports.com homepage that campus re-opens on the 29th and Dining services re-opens at 4:30 p.m. that day.

Guess they care about the current students more than they did you and me, bandl...

bandl
November 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Just saw on the jmusports.com homepage that campus re-opens on the 29th and Dining services re-opens at 4:30 p.m. that day.

Guess they care about the current students more than they did you and me, bandl...

I also just saw that the game is starting at 3PM. Plenty of time for me to get DEREMMAH!!!xnodx

Grizaholic17
November 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Shoot I feel Sorry for SC state going to Boone takin on App with a 12 game playoff winning streak

I think the JMU and App opponents should be switched. Or really a redo of the selection. But no point in complaining. Good luck you guys, and JMU better get some butts in those stands and get a 12th man in there.

BDKJMU
November 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM

I hate to break it to you ASU fans, but the JMU team you played at the first of the season isn't anywhere close to the well oil machine that it is now. xsmiley_wix For example, Rodney threw 2 picks that game. Since he's had 7 games, 12 TDs, 0 INTs. JMU has been rolling the last 3 games. MUCH improved from Sept, even Oct.

BDKJMU
November 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Yeah, thats why you beat Elon by only 8 points 9 days ago?

BDKJMU
November 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM
We rushed for 400 yards on APPstate. Had we not turned it over 5 times we would have been in the game to win it. Wofford will never play that bad again. The Wofford team everyone saw on ESPN2 against app is not wofford. Just ask the south carolina gamecocks.

Didn't Wofford have only one turnover in the 1st half and was down 42-14 at halftime? Didin't 3 of those TOs come in the 4th qtr? Sure without the 5 TOs it would have been close than 46 points, but Wofford still probably would have lost by 3 Tds or so.

ASUG8
November 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I hate to break it to you ASU fans, but the JMU team you played at the first of the season isn't anywhere close to the well oil machine that it is now. xsmiley_wix For example, Rodney threw 2 picks that game. Since he's had 7 games, 12 TDs, 0 INTs. JMU has been rolling the last 3 games. MUCH improved from Sept, even Oct.

This is all academic for now - both teams have shown their ability to get the job done this season, and both have difficult roads to travel to Chatty. I just hope that (God willing) if we're able to have a rematch this season that both teams are in good enough shape to give their best efforts.

In the meantime, both ASU and JMU have to repel the state of South Carolina for any of this to matter.

bandl
November 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Why are there so many Appy fans posting on a JMU thread?

ASUG8
November 24th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I guess we're the common denominator and some are attempting the transitive property on how badly Wofford will get beaten.

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Mickey must be in the dog house