PDA

View Full Version : Top half of bracket is BRUTAL!

charliej
November 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm beginning to think Mickey's right...They DO have it out for him.

APPdopted
November 23rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
If I were blind picking the brackets I don't think the top half could be any tougher! How can you reward JMU with that tough of a first round match up?

SoCon48
November 23rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
If I were blind picking the brackets I don't think the top half could be any tougher! How can you reward JMU with that tough of a first round match up?

Undoubetedly looked at JMU's win over AQpp and App's drilling of Wofford and figured that the Terriers weren't very tough.xeyebrowx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
I hereby dub it "murder's row". Whoever wins the top half will be my pick for the NC. xreadx

charliej
November 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
I hereby dub it "murder's row". Whoever wins the top half will be my pick for the NC. xreadx

IF they arent too beat up by then. I have no clue where the committe comes up with this crap year after year. ...do they throw darts,pick em from a hat...what?xrolleyesx

GolfingGriz
November 23rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
James Madison, Wofford, Villanova, Weber, Cal Poly, and Montana. Any of these teams could advance to chatty

Eight Legger
November 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
I think whoever wins this bracket loses the NC game....whoever comes out of the other half will have been less-tested and more rested. I think the bottom half winner comes from the UR-App game in Round Two.

appstate38
November 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
James Madison, Wofford, Villanova, Weber, Cal Poly, and Montana. Any of these teams could advance to chatty

Here's a clue... any of the 16 teams can make it to chatty. I think it is a bit of a stretch to assume the top half bracket teams are better than the lower half as a whole.

Especially when 3 of the mighty CAA teams are there. Or are we saying now that the CAA isn't as good as advertised... Can't have it both ways.

charliej
November 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Here's a clue... any of the 16 teams can make it to chatty. I think it is a bit of a stretch to assume the top half bracket teams are better than the lower half as a whole.

Wanna switch?:p

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM

Especially when 3 of the mighty CAA teams are there. Or are we saying now that the CAA isn't as good as advertised... Can't have it both ways.

Yeah, but some of them have a better chance than others. All of those teams mentioned from the top bracket have about the same chance to get in, and more than any other teams from that bracket.

charliej
November 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM

Oh they're good. Still, the best two from CAA are in the upper bracket.

JMU2K_DukeDawg

Yes you can.

Top half - CAA #1 and #2

Bottom half CAA #3 - #5

You pick. xcoffeex

gbhmt

Except the 3 "mighty" CAA teams in the bottom aren't as mighty as the two on the top.

appstate38
November 23rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Wanna switch?:p

Why not.... Still have to come to Boone!!!!:D

appstate38
November 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
So if the Apps get to Chatty the built in excuse will be we had the easier road right?

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
So if the Apps get to Chatty the built in excuse will be we had the easier road right?

Yeah. It's arguable. But I still think they're the team to beat. Might as well make em earn it, right?

appstate38
November 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah. It's arguable. But I still think they're the team to beat. Might as well make em earn it, right?

Well if that was the case then the Selection committee could have set it up that way...xsmiley_wix

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
Well if that was the case then the Selection committee could have set it up that way...xsmiley_wix

Yeah. Correct. They should have.

malibudude
November 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM

Absolutely.

TCisMYhero
November 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Clears throat.

MacThor
November 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Bracket based on modified GPI:

#7 @ #1
#21T @ #2
#30 @ #5
#9 @ #8

#21T @ #3
#31T @ #4
#12 @ #11
#6 @ #14

It's weird to me that they'd have VU vs JMU in the 2nd round.

The bottom quarter (All Gateway vs CAA North) seems the weakest, with two potential rematches in the 2nd round...?

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
I have one thing to say.

If you can't beat the best whether it's early or late in the playoffs then you didn't belong there anyway!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Bracket based on modified GPI:

#7 @ #1
#21T @ #2
#30 @ #5
#9 @ #8

#21T @ #3
#31T @ #4
#12 @ #11
#6 @ #14

It's weird to me that they'd have VU vs JMU in the 2nd round.

The bottom quarter (All Gateway vs CAA North) seems the weakest, with two potential rematches in the 2nd round...?

That says it all. xnonono2x

Mike G.
November 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Not to offend the apps, but the "had a tougher schedule" excuse is valid. But would you rather play the hardest game in the first one or the last. Last year in the championship the games got progressively easier and progressively more lopsided. Made it easier for the team.