PDA

View Full Version : LU vs WM based on Sagarin

WMTribe90
November 23rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
Based on current Sagarin ratings.

The average Sagarin rating for WM's 11 DI opponents is 129.9.
The average Sagarin rating for LU's 10 DI opponents is 171.5.

The average Sagarin rating for WM's 7 DI wins is 161.4.
The average sagarin rating for LU's 8 DI wins is also 171.5

The average Sagarin rating for WM's four loses is 50.25.
The average Sagarin rating for LU's two loses is also 171.5 (wow).

No way around the fact that WM has played the tougher schedule, has better wins, and no bad loses.

RationalGriz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
You can talk all day, I do not see W&M getting in.

WMTribe90
November 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
You can talk all day

Thanks, I just might, that's what the board is for xsmiley_wix

I do not see W&M getting in.

Probably not, but they should if the committee does it job correctly and picks the best at-large regardless of conference.

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Sagarin all you want.

When LU had to win to get in they did.
When W&M had to win to get in they lost 2 weeks in a row

LU - 8 D1 wins
W&M - 7 D1 wins

LU - 2 D1 losses
W&M - 4 D1 losses

LU - IN

W&M - OUT xbawlingx

RationalGriz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Well tribe, what you consider the best teams may differ from what others think.

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Sagarin Ratings vs. God

Tough sell for W&M.

ToTheLeft
November 23rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
What you fail to understand is that Towson, Rhody, and Northeastern are in the CAA! Clearly, even a 3-9 record in the CAA is better than 7-5 or 6-6 anywhere else! Look at how tough the CAA is, I mean, such strong teams at the bottom of that conference that Bill and Maria get to beat up on.

jcmanson
November 23rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
How many threads do you need to say the same thing?

KiddBrewer
November 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
How many threads do you need to say the same thing?

ha for one day in November of 2008........there are more threads about liberty than than are about appalachian state.xrotatehx xcoffeex

luflame15
November 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
U cant lose ur last two games and expect to get in, just doesnt happen that way.

ToTheLeft
November 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
ha for one day in November of 2008........there are more threads about liberty than than are about appalachian state.xrotatehx xcoffeex

It's been quite a fun day, that's for sure.

Nothing like 27 hours of debating over something that will be decided and over in less than 30 minutes.

luflame15
November 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
William & Mary just is out give up and go home. Have fun watchinng from home.

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM

You'll be joining them soon enough Liberty, better start your prayer circles now...(I got your back CAA Bros).

UNH Fanboi
November 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM

I think Liberty will probably get the nod, but I wouldn't be so confident if I were you. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Eight Legger
November 23rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
How would Liberty have done if its last two games were against JMU and Richmond? I dare say two losses. I am not going to determine W&M's fate based on the fact that they just happened to play their two toughest opponents on the last two weeks of the season.

UNH Fanboi
November 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Also, if Liberty does get in, they better make the most of it. If they get embarrassed by JMU, we'll be back to 5 CAA teams next year.

putter
November 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
I would give the nod to Liberty. Moreso that I don't want the FCS to turn into the NCAA basketball tourney. "Lets put in 8 Big East teams because it is one of the toughest conferences". Even in difficult conferences you have to win games. Despite being in the CAA, 7-4 overall doesn't cut it.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
you all know the selection committee doesn't look at Sagarin right?

ChickenMan
November 23rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
W&M may not deserve to get in.. but a team that lost to Lafayette and a very weak Presbyterian (4-8) team doesn't deserve to make it either.

ChickenMan
November 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
U cant lose ur last two games and expect to get in, just doesnt happen that way.

Delaware did.. just last year and made it all the way to the finals... ;)

putter
November 23rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
W&M may not deserve to get in.. but a team that lost to Lafayette and a very weak Presbyterian (4-8) team doesn't deserve to make it either.

Good points...we could always grandfather Delaware in because they were in the NC game last year! :D

TheTribeHasSpoken
November 23rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
You'll be joining them soon enough Liberty, better start your prayer circles now...(I got your back CAA Bros).Maybe they can get Peter Lalich to take over at QB next year, since he got kicked out of UVA for smoking weed. Isn't that the Liberty Way?

ToTheLeft
November 23rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Maybe they can get Peter Lalich to take over at QB next year, since he got kicked out of UVA for smoking weed. Isn't that the Liberty Way?

My response to this would either get me a vacation or send this thread to the smack forum, so I will decline comment. Let's just say I will take the Liberty way over the classless way W and M fans treated us when we took the trip to the 'Burg last year...

GoBlueHens83
November 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
Good points...we could always grandfather Delaware in because they were in the NC game last year! :D

Please don't make us sit through another game. The horrible year ended for us yesterday, don't make us suffer.:D

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
if JMU beats Liberty this year in the playoffs Liberty will have their chance at us next year...similar to JMU and App. State.

ChickenMan
November 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM

No thanks.. we took enough butt whippings this year... :p

BDKJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Based on current Sagarin ratings.

The average Sagarin rating for WM's 11 DI opponents is 129.9.
The average Sagarin rating for LU's 10 DI opponents is 171.5.

The average Sagarin rating for WM's 7 DI wins is 161.4.
The average sagarin rating for LU's 8 DI wins is also 171.5

The average Sagarin rating for WM's four loses is 50.25.
The average Sagarin rating for LU's two loses is also 171.5 (wow).

No way around the fact that WM has played the tougher schedule, has better wins, and no bad loses.

Obviously should have included Maine in this discussion! xsmiley_wix