PDA

View Full Version : OMFG! Cap'n Cat, D1B Witness the Phenomenon That Is Cal Poly!

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Two words:

Holy crap!!!!

Man, Cap'n Cat and D1B are hard-pressed to think of a more powerful, more disciplined FCS team than Cal Poly. If they aren't i9n the championship game, I will be shocked!

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

They embarrassed Big Ten Wisconsin. The fans among which we sat (in the season ticket section) were positively stunned. N one, but no one, they said, had handled Wisconsin the way in which Cal Poly did Saturday night. That said,

Gotdam kicker and his missed extra points!! WTF!!!

If I'm the head coach at CP, I'm holding campus-wide tryouts this week. Kicking is their only (and a huge) handicap.

Observation: Well-disciplined team. They ran all over the Big ten team, scoring often and there was no SWAC- or Appalachian State-like woofin' and cocky *****. They scored, they went to the sidelines. How refreshing to see!

Observation: The option is a b*tch, y'all. They ran at will against a team that is, not deservingly, going to an FBS bowl this year.

Cap'n Cat is hopin' against hope that Cal Poly is in the opposite side of the brackets come selection time, let me tell ya. I don't wanna meet their asses until the champy game.

Shout out to AGS's SloStang and PaulyLB and Frank and Eddy and Jerry and all the guys we met: Had a great time and hope to see you @ the Chattanooga. Can't see anyone, even Appy or JMU, stopping you!

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

FCS playoff teams: Fear Cal Poly.

Pics from the game and etc:

D1B @ Cal Poly tailgater, South Union Hall, University of Wisconsin:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9416/37817195hm4.jpg

D1B, Frank Moldnado (CP grad and CA veggie grower) and Cappy:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4652/13008032af2.jpg

Wisconsin Band Tuba Corp:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6885/72422218sb7.jpg

Hysteria @ Camp Randall:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/628/19433123tj1.jpg

24 Deg F and the outdoor bars are packed in Madison. Hottie batender @ Lucky's:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2106/57163998mg2.jpg

As always, chicks dig Cap'n Cat. :D Hooters veterans from Racine, Janesville and Madison, WI:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/74/29937753ff6.jpg

@ Lucky's Bar: CP fan, Cap'n Cat, CP Fan, AGS's own SloStang, D1B:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2066/84132829vp9.jpg

Chi Panther
November 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Good Stuff.

I hate to make fun of one kid, but the kicker really sucks.

griz37
November 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Montana has already slowed down Cal Poly once this year, but I really hope we won't have to face them until the championship!

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
xnodx
Most of the playoff field won't need to worry about Cal Poly's kicker.

They will be so far ahead of you with 5 minutes left in the game the kicker won't matter to you.

xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
xnodx

They will be so far ahead of you with 5 minutes left in the game the kicker won't matter to you.

Your game with them was eons ago, Rondork, in a football season's time. Montana will lose in the first round to Hampton, anyway. Par for the course.

xcoffeex

Hellgate60
November 23rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
If Cal Poly had a kicker this year, they would be undefeated

nevadagriz
November 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Your game with them was eons ago, Rondork, in a football season's time. Montana will lose in the first round to Hampton, anyway. Par for the course.

xcoffeex

wow great reading comprehension Capn, Ronblow was paying CP a huge compliment!

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
wow great reading comprehension Capn, Ronblow was paying CP a huge compliment!

Yes, on second reading, you are correct. Cap'n Cat made a terrible mistake. I'm so used to flipping Ronblow *****, I kneejerked.

My apologies to Ronbo.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

nevadagriz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
xreadx I also appologize for lack of emoticon

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Glad to see that you are now on the bandwagon Cap'n that almost all Montana fans have been on for the last few years. We have seen so much of CP over the last few years that they are almost a conference rival at this point...we all know what they are like and now at least a couple more from your area do as well. I think Weber is as good as CP and this will be a very interesting playoff with these two teams in there. I just hope they don't have to play each other in the first round and that CP and Montana seeds so that the teams can play some other teams that we don't usually get in the playoffs.

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
xreadx I also appologize for lack of emoticon

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

RationalGriz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
I love it. Cap'n loves to get under the skin of Griz fans, and most of you buy right in.

nevadagriz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Capn can't get under your skin he is just too big of teddy bear hence the love of all things grizzly!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
I love it. Cap'n loves to get under the skin of Griz fans, and most of you buy right in.

What are you talking about? We all know Cap'ns gimmick fairly well and I didn't see one Griz poster buy into anything...just saw praise for CP that was in agreement with Cap'n.

Green26
November 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
This is more evidence of the quality of Montana, and what a good win the CP game was for UM.

Montana fans have been saying all along that CP is very good, especially its offense.

Kicking is part of the game, in fact an important part. Even good kickers miss kicks, but the CP kicker is having a horrible year.

coover
November 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yes, the kicker is having a really bad year. I hope he doesn't do a Donny Moore on us. Hopefully, his teamates, friends, family, and schoolmates will support him.

I'd guess that the coaching staff will give at least a half a scholarship for a kicker in the future.

DaGriz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
The thing about Cal Poly this year is they have not one but two stud running backs after Mole transferred there from Sac. St. Their QB has only thrown 1 TD all year and their wide receiver is a friggin' beast at about 6'5. I watched that game yesterday too and it reminded me of playing Wofford last year. Everytime you make a big third down stop they just go for it on fourth down and get the first. Drives you insane. I so hope Cal Poly is not on our side of the bracket or somebody somehow takes them out in the first round.

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM

xcoffeex

Well playing them eons ago is a two way road. Not everyone stays at the same skill level.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Proud Griz Man
November 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yes sir I'm a believer. Cal Poly is really good. Since Ellerson arrived there in 2001 (right?) they have been a program on the rise.

Man, Cap'n Cat and D1B are hard-pressed to think of a more powerful, more disciplined FCS team than Cal Poly. If they aren't i9n the championship game, I will be shocked!

@ Lucky's Bar: CP fan, Cap'n Cat, CP Fan, AGS's own SloStang, D1B:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2066/84132829vp9.jpg

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
There are dozens of Griz people Cap'n Cat enjoys.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

proasu89
November 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
There are dozens of Griz people Cap'n Cat enjoys.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Varsity and JV Cheerleading Squadsxsmiley_wix

andy7171
November 23rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
I really hope to meet Cappy and D1B at a game one fine Saturday. Looked like a really good (drunken) time.

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
I really hope to meet Cappy and D1B at a game one fine Saturday. Looked like a really good (drunken) time.

Man, Andy, we're slowin' down. D1B did not have a single double Crown Royal on the rocks all day!!!!!

xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Me, I put away a few beers and D, a few Jager shots, but, other than some specimens of Mexican agriculture, we were sober virtually the whole time. Plus, it was about 25 degrees, so we were fighting to stay warm.

However, yes, when we do finally meet up, we will celebrate the greatness that is us three.

xthumbsupx

slostang
November 24th, 2008, 02:21 AM
It was great to meet Cap'n and DB1. Great guys who know FCS football. I am hoping to see them again this year in Chatty to watch the Mustangs and Panthers go at it.

Pauly LB
November 24th, 2008, 03:01 AM
It was great to meet Cap'n and DB1. Great guys who know FCS football. I am hoping to see them again this year in Chatty to watch the Mustangs and Panthers go at it.

Now, that sounds like a plan. Despite our kicker's woes, what an outstanding time in Madison on Saturday. Cap'n and DB1 -- I very much enjoyed meeting both of you. Like Slostang said -- let's do it again in Chatty on December 19th.

Cap'n Cat
November 24th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Now, that sounds like a plan. Despite our kicker's woes, what an outstanding time in Madison on Saturday. Cap'n and DB1 -- I very much enjoyed meeting both of you. Like Slostang said -- let's do it again in Chatty on December 19th.

Our distinct pleasure, fellas. Give Frank and Eddy our love. I coulda sat there all night and listened to them go at it!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Skjellyfetti
November 29th, 2008, 11:01 PM
xlmaox
xlmaox
xlmaox

One and done.

But they almost beat Wisconsin!

xlmaox
xlmaox
xlmaox

ValleyChamp
November 30th, 2008, 12:07 AM
They almost beat Wisconsin, they almost got a seed, and they almost made it to the second round. I guess, when you really look at it, they were ALMOST good.xthumbsupx xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Sounds like the Cap'n needs to take a trip to Ogden, Utah in the future...

(or at least to Missoula in the very near future.) :D

I Bleed Purple
November 30th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Sounds like the Cap'n needs to take a trip to Ogden, Utah in the future...

(or at least to Missoula in the very near future.) :D

If I remember, he said he has. Smuggled in some booze I think. Probably would get along with the long time season ticket holder in section F or E, the guy with the old school Weber flag on a ten foot pole.

slostang
November 30th, 2008, 12:48 AM
xlmaox
xlmaox
xlmaox

One and done.

But they almost beat Wisconsin!

xlmaox
xlmaox
xlmaox

FU Jelly.

Go Villanova!!!!

Native
November 30th, 2008, 02:29 AM
If Cal Poly had a kicker this year, they would be undefeated

...except for the loss to Weber State, of course, in which the hapless CP kicker was not a significant factor. xlolx

Native
November 30th, 2008, 02:37 AM
xnodx

True. The Cal Poly kicker did not matter, and none of the playoff field will have to worry about the CP kicker. xsmiley_wix

With five mintes left in the game, Weber State led 42-35. Shortly afterwards, the Wildcat backup running back scored a touchdown to extend the lead to 49-35, which ended up as the final score.xrolleyesx xcoolx

See you in Missoula, Ronbo. Can I have some whisky at your tailgate? They won't let me bring liguids on the plane, but I have some nice Lagavulin at home if you come down to the desert someday :-)

travelinman67
November 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Two words:

Holy crap!!!!

Man, Cap'n Cat and D1B are hard-pressed to think of a more powerful, more disciplined FCS team than Cal Poly.

Let me help you: Weber State.

(...what was that you were saying, D1B?)

Longhorn
November 30th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Two words:

Holy crap!!!!

Hmmm. How about Weber? xwhistlex I guess you're too shocked to talk about it. ;)

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Hmmm. How about Weber? xwhistlex I guess you're too shocked to talk about it. ;)Well, that and he's banned. xlolx

D1B
December 1st, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hmmm. How about Weber? xwhistlex I guess you're too shocked to talk about it. ;)

Absolutely! Props to Weber. I hope you beat the F outta Montana.xnodx

AZGrizFan
December 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM
xnodx

Apparently that "most of the field" didn't include Weber... xeyebrowx

ChickenMan
December 1st, 2008, 12:04 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper860/stills/qdp2301w.jpghttp://pcpsports.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/hot-usc-cheerleaders.jpg

Cap'n Cat has always had much more interest in what is going on in the photo on the right.. then he does the one on the left... xsmiley_wix

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM

D1B just fell from the top spot on the favorite posters list and out of the top 20 for that matter.

Montanan
December 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM

wheeew, being a playoff game, for a minute there, no, for a second there I was worried you might actually pick the Griz to win. xnodx xlolx xnodx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM
wheeew, being a playoff game, for a minute there, no, for a second there I was worried you might actually pick the Griz to win. xnodx xlolx xnodx

Maybe SE will pick the Griz as well? :D