PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Landers Payton Award Video

vaughtdj
November 23rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj7o0t_dHI4

Check out 2:51, 3:05 and 5:10 especially.

UNH Fanboi
November 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Check out the non-tackle by #9 of App St. at 1:19. Hope he was benched after that.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
After watching this video I still think Armanti is the favorite, but Landers is probably going to be an NFL prospect. The difference between Landers and Edwards is that it appears that Landers OL blocks for him a little better, while Armanti can slip out of tacklers' grasp to make a play.

Appinator
November 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Check out the non-tackle by #9 of App St. at 1:19. Hope he was benched after that.

#9 DJ Smith is one of our best LBs. Had an offer from VT but was told he had to red-shirt his freshman year and chose to come to App so he could play immediately. He eventually took over the starting weak side LB position from a senior captain last year. The non-tackle is more evidence of Landers' ability, not Smith's.

UNH Fanboi
November 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
#9 DJ Smith is one of our best LBs. Had an offer from VT but was told he had to red-shirt his freshman year and chose to come to App so he could play immediately. He eventually took over the starting weak side LB position from a senior captain last year. The non-tackle is more evidence of Landers' ability, not Smith's.

Looks like he dogged it me, but I'll take your word for it on his abilties

jus10asu
November 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Not hatin or anything...but over half of those "highlights" are normal plays for Armanti.

19Duke97
November 23rd, 2008, 02:05 PM
I love JMU football and Rodney Landers is a special player, but the Aerosmith cover is killing me...

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Not hatin or anything...but over half of those "highlights" are normal plays for Armanti.

well Armanti could of used a few more "highlights" against JMU.

blur2005
November 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
I love JMU football and Rodney Landers is a special player, but the Aerosmith cover is killing me...
Agreed, why not just use Mike Shickman's announcing with every play?

Eight Legger
November 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Landers has a chance to be a FB for someone in the NFL, much like our former QB Stacy Tutt, who spent a few years with the Jets. They are very similar players and have similar builds.

jmu_duke07
November 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM

35-32 September 20th, 2008

SkinsWizDukes
November 23rd, 2008, 02:58 PM

You obviously haven't watched much of Landers.

JMU Newbill
November 23rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
If Landers somehow does win the Payton, which I don't think he will, we will never ever hear the end of the complaining from the SoCon.

With that being said... Landers will come in second place in the voting and AE will win the award... rightfully so.

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2008, 03:13 PM

I love that a JMU fan said it because that mite have been the corniest thing i have ever heard. they could have just played the origenal walk this way and it would have been fine.xlolx xlolx

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
i tried to block the Aerosmith cover out...aweful, just plain aweful.

ASU_Pads
November 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Nice video. Landers is pretty good, but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t31HcoG3ME

rudy1648
November 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Looks like he dogged it me, but I'll take your word for it on his abilties

If you watch the play again, I think Smith had to avoid the referee when chasing Landers. Looks like Landers runs behind the referee to use him as a blocker,,,which is a great play. If Landers gets the Peyton award, it will be a lot like last year,,,,committee choosing a senior over an underclassman thinking Armanti will be a sure winner next year.

rudy1648
November 23rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
i tried to block the Aerosmith cover out...aweful, just plain aweful.

And people give App a hard time over "hot, hot, hot" I think we need to post this cover song along side "hot" and have a poll to see which is the worst.