PDA

View Full Version : Montana did it again.

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
11-1 in 2008. Most were predicting 7-5 maybe 8-4. Coulson and Burton picked against us 4-5 times each. Sorry we disappointed you so-called self appointed football gurus.xlolx xlolx

I don't care what happens in the seeding and the playoffs we have had a great season. Well I do care but hey, I'll still be happy. This team has reloaded very nicely and will be a force for years to come.

Look at what we had coming into this season.

24 seniors lost.
15 starters lost
All Time leading rusher lost
All time FCS kicker lost
Buck Buchanan winner lost
Top two receivers lost
Both CB's and a 4 year starting safety lost
12 true freshmen activated to fill spots

AlphaSigMD
November 23rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Can we just chalk this up to the weak Big Sky the way we always do...xrolleyesx

Just kidding. Congrats on the better than expected seasonxthumbsupx

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm satisfied with what we've done so far and I look forward to next year when we'll lose nearly nothing while many other teams are trying to fill in the blanks.

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm satisfied with what we've done so far and I look forward to next year when we'll lose nearly nothing while many other teams are trying to fill in the blanks.

If this team could keep surprising us in the playoffs, that would be great. But I don't expect going much further than the first round. But hey, who knows. Great Job Griz

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
If this team could keep surprising us in the playoffs, that would be great. But I don't expect going much further than the first round. But hey, who knows. Great Job Griz

Depends on who's in our bracket I suppose.

bshgriz
November 23rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
Depends on who's in our bracket I suppose.

Depends on how we play...I'm pretty confident we Can beat any team in the playoffs.

Mountain Panther
November 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
11-1 in 2008. Most were predicting 7-5 maybe 8-4. Coulson and Burton picked against us 4-5 times each. Sorry we disappointed you so-called self appointed football gurus.xlolx xlolx

I don't care what happens in the seeding and the playoffs we have had a great season. Well I do care but hey, I'll still be happy. This team has reloaded very nicely and will be a force for years to come.

24 seniors lost.
15 starters lost
All time FCS kicker lost
Top two receivers lost

Congrats Montana, didn't think ya had it in ya.

appfan2008
November 23rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
congrats to you guys... very impressive keeping the streak going of making the playoffs... (we all assume... though there is no doubt)

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Wonder if wolfman is crying or smiling right now.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Here's to a better playoff effort than last season. xprost2x

JALMOND
November 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
I like to think that I know the Big Sky pretty well, yet I also thought a 9-3 season would be really good for the Griz this year. But, as I kept saying through the year, the Griz don't rebuild, they just reload, and when you think they are down, by the end of the year there they are back on top. Great season, Montana!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
I agree, it's always nice to have a surprise season like this. I am just stoked that I'll get to watch a playoff game this saturday at Wa-Griz!!!! :D
Win or loose in the playoffs, as long as they play hard, it's been a good year.

4th and What?
November 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Depends on how we play...I'm pretty confident we Can beat any team in the playoffs.

Agreed, I will be pulling for just about anyone that Montana plays, as I'd rather not see JMU facing them at any point. Though I guess I would say that for about half the field.....

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 02:45 PM

24 seniors lost.
15 starters lost
All time FCS kicker lost
Top two receivers lost

Big Sky: Great West Light.

Most arrogant posters in the nation. Montana players pack their laundry for Mom Sunday morning.

xcoffeex

griz37
November 23rd, 2008, 02:52 PM

Most arrogant posters in the nation. Montana players pack their laundry for Mom Sunday morning.

xcoffeex

Besides Ronbo & Green26 which Griz fans are arrogant? I think most Griz fans are very thankful for how the season has turned out & will be happy w/a run to the semis.

GrizDen
November 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM

xcoffeex

The above comments in this thread from Griz faithful are pretty tame and respectful. Basically, many of us in Griz Nation we're prepared for a down season.

The good news is the teams will settle this on the field come playoff time. If both Weber State and Montana loose in the first round, then you can call the Big Sky "Great West Light."

I'm going crazy waiting for the selection show in 3 hours.

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Cap'n Cat's a prick, plain and simple. However, next to NDSU and Delaware, the Griz have many of the most arrogant people on this board. Fact.

xcoffeex

GrizDen
November 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Cap'n Cat's a prick, plain and simple. However, next to NDSU and Delaware, the Griz have many of the most arrogant people on this board. Fact.

xcoffeex

Maybe you need to grow some thicker skin. xnodx

Green26
November 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Various Griz posters like Ronbo consistently support the Griz and point out the positives.

Those posters ended up being fairly accurate on what UM's regular season record would be.

Neggie's don't like it when the Griz and Bobby Hauck win and posters like Ronbo turn out to be right again.

The biggest issue with Griz fans is not arrogance; it's the segment of them who complain about 11-1 seasons. Now they're secretly hoping for a first round playoff loss. If UM is fortunate enough to do well in the playoffs, then the last hope of the neggies will be to say that coach Hauck can't win the nat'l championship.

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM

wonder who we'll get???? Whoever it is, i'll be there in full support!

Proud Griz Man
November 23rd, 2008, 04:09 PM

xcoffeex

xlolx You love us, and you know it. xnodx xnodx xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Wherever did all of the Bobcat fans go?xrolleyesx

None of them seem to be around today.

GrizFamily
November 23rd, 2008, 05:38 PM

xcoffeex

Cap'n Cap'n. Thought you had a good time when you came to WA Griz for a game. What's with all the negativity.

As for some of our fans, I agree. We do have some fans who give us a bad name, but not because of arrogance, at least not to me. It seems more like an entitlement issue where they feel like we are entitled to a national championship every year. The negativity has definitely kept me off the boards this year.

But like many Griz fans, I am thrilled with the way this season has gone so far. I hope it continues....

GOKATS
November 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Wherever did all of the Bobcat fans go?xrolleyesx

None of them seem to be around today.

We're planning FTG parties for next Sat. If you're thinking the score is indicative of the game you're smoking some pretty good stuff, The Cats 3rd string QB in his 2nd start due to injuries had a bad day. Five TO's won't win any game, especially Cat/griz no matter where it's played.

ThreadStopper
November 23rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Congratulations Montana,

Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing "Vicne Lombardi"

The good teams win the lessor teams win and explain away their losses. I am looking forward to a rematch at the Grizz in the second round.

eagle1
November 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Oh how quickly they forget. Your welcome for a share of the conference title. Best of luck with the Bobcats on Saturday. Go Eagles!!!

Grizo406
November 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
However, next to NDSU and Delaware, the Griz have many of the most arrogant people on this board. Fact.

xcoffeex

I don't think most of us Griz fans will be too arrogant...after we play the winner of the Weber/Cal Poly game!??!xlolx xwhistlex xwhistlex

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Congratulations Montana,

Winning isn't everything, it is the only time "Vicne Lombardi"

The good teams win the lessor teams win and explain away their losses. I am looking forward to a rematch at the Grizz in the second round.

Kind of like how all CP fans ever talk about is how they are a better team than UM and use their kicker as an excuse?xlolx

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
We're planning FTG parties for next Sat. If you're thinking the score is indicative of the game you're smoking some pretty good stuff, The Cats 3rd string QB in his 2nd start due to injuries had a bad day. Five TO's won't win any game, especially Cat/griz no matter where it's played.

That's funny. I had an old friend that I hadn't talked to in over a year and after the game, she messaged me out of the blue with that same 3rd string quarterback excuse.

Seems like that's all you guys have is excuses. You know that pick six at the end is the only turnover we scored on. We don't need you to mess up to beat you down.

Oh and have some class. If you don't make the playoffs you're supposed to cheer for members of your conference. I guess a little class is too much to ask from a Cat fan, though, isn't it?

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
I don't think most of us Griz fans will be too arrogant...after we play the winner of the Weber/Cal Poly game!??!xlolx xwhistlex xwhistlex

You did notice, my qualifier, "many", in there, D?

You are forever in Cap'n Cat's Griz poster HOF.

xbowx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM

Last years loss was just football. Carpenter missed a makable field goal, that's the way it goes some times. I don't want the Griz to get beat this weekend, but if they did, and played up to their potential, I'd by happy with this season. xpeacex

GOKATS
November 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
That's funny. I had an old friend that I hadn't talked to in over a year and after the game, she messaged me out of the blue with that same 3rd string quarterback excuse.

Seems like that's all you guys have is excuses. You know that pick six at the end is the only turnover we scored on. We don't need you to mess up to beat you down.

Oh and have some class. If you don't make the playoffs you're supposed to cheer for members of your conference. I guess a little class is too much to ask from a Cat fan, though, isn't it?

I don't mince words, when I say FTG!!! I mean it and it has nothing to do with the team or players, it's because of obnoxious, arrogant fans.

BTW, I will be rooting for WSU this weekend but I think Cal Poly will prevail.

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Last years loss was just football. Carpenter missed a makable field goal, that's the way it goes some times. I don't want the Griz to get beat this weekend, but if they did, and played up to their potential, I'd by happy with this season. xpeacexExactly.

If the Griz play up to their potential, I don't think any team can beat them.

However, if we did play our best and still lost, I'd be happy. I think last year hurt the most because I, and I'm sure a lot of you, had such high hopes for our boys.

I have high hopes for this team, but also taking it a week at a time. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Where's Wolfie?

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
I don't mince words, when I say FTG!!! I mean it and it has nothing to do with the team or players, it's because of obnoxious, arrogant fans.

BTW, I will be rooting for WSU this weekend but I think Cal Poly will prevail.Are we arrogant because we waxed you guys? Or was it because you guys talked yourselves up so much and then layed an egg? xconfusedx xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Where's Wolfie?

Still banned I think xsmiley_wix

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 10:31 PM

BTW, I will be rooting for WSU this weekend but I think Cal Poly will prevail.

Okay everybody, make sure to note that it's impossible to beat someone handily without being arrogant. At least we can pick against our team once in a while.