PDA

View Full Version : San Diego 28 - UC Davis 20

401ks
November 23rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
xdizzyx

DetroitFlyer
November 23rd, 2008, 07:15 AM
No, it can't be.... You mean to tell me that the "Division III" conference that does not play anybody won yet another game against a traditional FCS team? It has to be a misprint because we all know that the PFL is not a real FCS conference.

bulldog10jw
November 23rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Nice win for San Diego. Where have all the USD fans been this year?

danefan
November 23rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Congrats USD! Turning a tough season (for San Diego standards) around at the end!

Now, PFL teams need to just start showcasing their talent at the beginning of the season instead of the end.

This should be reason enough for AD's to stop scheduling sub DI's all together! The PFL can compete and is doing its players and coaches a disservice by segregating itself from the rest of the FCS world.

OL FU
November 23rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Congrats San Diego,

Isn't this like the first season in 25 or so that UC Davis has a losing record.

Not sure about that and not rubbing it in their face, but that is a recollection that stands out in my memory and is actually quite and accomplishment.

Again, Congrats to USDxthumbsupx

DetroitFlyer
November 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
Congrats USD! Turning a tough season (for San Diego standards) around at the end!

Now, PFL teams need to just start showcasing their talent at the beginning of the season instead of the end.

This should be reason enough for AD's to stop scheduling sub DI's all together! The PFL can compete and is doing its players and coaches a disservice by segregating itself from the rest of the FCS world.

I understand what you are saying, but the PFL does not have to "prove" itself. We have been an FCS conference for 16 seasons, we continue to win games against traditional FCS teams, we do not have to "prove" ourselves anymore than any other FCS conference!

In fact, beating UC Davis in the last game of the season is probably more impressive than an early season win when teams are still coming together. Heck, USD lost three starters to broken legs in the Jacksonville game. How many FCS teams bounce back from that type of situation? USD, like the other top PFL teams has built depth!

Frankly, I am fed up with the AGS nonsense that says the PFL has to "prove" itself. No other freakin FCS conference had to "prove" itself. The only "proof" is that they provide athletic scholarships, further highlighting the corruption that runs rampant in the NCAA. The NCAA and AGS simply cannot stand the FACT that the PFL can compete without athletic scholarships. GET USED TO IT FOLKS!

BigApp
November 23rd, 2008, 09:59 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Io0TdTdTtroJ::blog.thefanyard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/broken_record.jpg

Hansel
November 23rd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Congrats San Diego,

Isn't this like the first season in 25 or so that UC Davis has a losing record.

Not sure about that and not rubbing it in their face, but that is a recollection that stands out in my memory and is actually quite and accomplishment.

Again, Congrats to USDxthumbsupx

UC-D went 5-6 last year.... prior to that it was like 25 yrs

blur2005
November 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Bummer San Diego couldn't beat the rest of the PFL this year or the Toreros might've been in the playoff discussion.xrolleyesx

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
I understand what you are saying, but the PFL does not have to "prove" itself. We have been an FCS conference for 16 seasons, we continue to win games against traditional FCS teams, we do not have to "prove" ourselves anymore than any other FCS conference!

In fact, beating UC Davis in the last game of the season is probably more impressive than an early season win when teams are still coming together. Heck, USD lost three starters to broken legs in the Jacksonville game. How many FCS teams bounce back from that type of situation? USD, like the other top PFL teams has built depth!

Frankly, I am fed up with the AGS nonsense that says the PFL has to "prove" itself. No other freakin FCS conference had to "prove" itself. The only "proof" is that they provide athletic scholarships, further highlighting the corruption that runs rampant in the NCAA. The NCAA and AGS simply cannot stand the FACT that the PFL can compete without athletic scholarships. GET USED TO IT FOLKS!

Yes, you can compete against average FCS teams.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure I'd call Davis "average".

A 2-10 NU team manhandled Davis at NU earlier this year.

When you beat a team that lost to the worst team in the CAA, I'm not sure I'd be crowing about how big of a victory it was.

GOTOREROS
November 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Bummer San Diego couldn't beat the rest of the PFL this year or the Toreros might've been in the playoff discussion.xrolleyesx

What?! I thought we clinched a playoff spot with the win last night. Once again San Diego is robbed! :D

coover
November 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Congratulations, Torreros. Now is the time for your AD to get on the phone and arrange a game with Cal Poly next year. The more California games, the better. Sacramento State needs a game with Poly, too.

GOTOREROS
November 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
I would love to play more California teams. I'd rather lose to Cal Poly than beat Marist or some of these other teams no one on the West Coast knows about....

GoAgs72
November 23rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Actually, prior to last year UC Davis had 37 winning seasons in a row. Congratulations to USD, winning without Josh Johnson. The Aggies are struggling, not so much for lack of players, but lack of DI coaching staff. There is no discipline, motivation or creative play calling. We are using many of the same staff we were using against Humboldt State, Chico State and San Francisco State. Penalties, including 4 personal fouls at USD, are excessive and the coaches don't seem to come down hard on the offenders. Play calling - well, just too many examples of rushing on
4th and 15 or passing for 5 when you need ten for a first down. Turnovers - something like -12.

401ks
November 24th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I would love to play more California teams. I'd rather lose to Cal Poly than beat Marist or some of these other teams no one on the West Coast knows about....

As a Californian, I find your post to be somewhat insulting. Californians are no more ignorant and provincial than people in "fly-over" country. ;) :D

As a fan of another Pioneer Football League school, I feel that I need to remind you that Marist will be a member of the PFL starting in 2009. xnodx

As the person who started this thread, I hesitate to remind you that USD lost to a couple of those "other teams no one on the West Coast knows about", and it appears that USD will lose to a few more of those "other teams no one on the West Coast knows about" in the upcoming years. xwhistlex

And as a football fan, I absolutely agree with you that San Diego should be playing as many California teams as possible.

xpeacex