Sturgisjeff
November 22nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Jackrabbits 25 Bison 24

GreatAppSt
November 22nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
xwhistlex xthumbsupx

jmc_jackrabbit
November 22nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Ryan Berry, knocked out for most of the game with a concussion, returns in the fourth quarter and leads the winning TD drive. With 2:20 left, the Jacks went for two and the win and were successful. Gutsy call.

The Dakota Marker stays in Brookings.

clenz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Everything feel into NDSU's lap to sneak into the playoffs, and they poop themselves once they finally get a chance

Grabholdofyosef
November 22nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Everything feel into NDSU's lap to sneak into the playoffs, and they poop themselves once they finally get a chance
I agree. I had them pencilled in as the last at large after the way the games fell today, then i checked the score again and saw they had blown it.

jmc_jackrabbit
November 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
Now we're left wondering what might have been had we not dropped a pick in the OT game we lost to McNeese 46-44. And if only we'd have scheduled an NDSU-like out-of-conference schedule. We played Cal Poly and McNeese. They played Austin Peay and Central Connecticut.

If we scheduled like that, we'd be 9-3 right now.

KleinTx05
November 22nd, 2008, 09:53 PM
WAY TO GO JACKS!!!!

nevadagriz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
So NDSU won't get a seed now???xwhistlex

footballer23
November 22nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
This game was the worst-reffed game EVER. NDSU was on the wrong end of 3 of the biggest B.S. 15-yard penalties ever. SDSU only won this game because of the refs. Berry was getting rocked by the Bison defense after he came back into the game. I hope those refs are proud of themselves... I hope they all get fired.

Jacks02
November 22nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
This game was the worst-reffed game EVER. NDSU was on the wrong end of 3 of the biggest B.S. 15-yard penalties ever. SDSU only won this game because of the refs. Berry was getting rocked by the Bison defense after he came back into the game. I hope those refs are proud of themselves... I hope they all get fired.

Great, we get to hear this again for another year after we beat you. xcoffeex

rjacks21
November 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Great, we get to hear this again for another year after we beat you. xcoffeex

Come on Jacks02, don't you know the Bison never really lose a game? They just get cheated out of victories by those nasty refs xnonox

Oh well, we'll just keep taking those cheap victories........

Tod
November 22nd, 2008, 10:25 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah...xrolleyesx

usdfbalum63
November 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Congrats Jacks! Your team looked really strong tonight. Was impressed with the poise your team showed in Fargo when your QB got knocked out of the game.

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
Unbeliveable.

Elon loses.
Maine loses.
W&M loses.
Western Ill. loses.

And NDSU loses on an interception on a horribly overthrown pass.

Perfectly reflects our season.

We could easily be 10-1 this year, we were better than every team we played except UNI. Instead we beat ourselves to 6-5.

RabidRabbit
November 22nd, 2008, 10:37 PM

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

For once admit you got beat by the better team.xthumbsupx

Khan4Cats
November 22nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
Nice win Jackrabbits. Congratulations on a successful first season of play-off eligibility. 3rd place in the MVFC is not an easy thing to get too, well from what I've heard since we're usually 1 or 2. j/k. I agree with whoever said, get another patsy on your OOC schedule. An FBS and two powerhouse FCS schools is biting off a little much, even if the FCS's are at home. Glad Berry was able to go out on the upswing, even if he might not remember much of it.

NZNCRZY
November 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Ryan Berry, knocked out for most of the game with a concussion, returns in the fourth quarter and leads the winning TD drive. With 2:20 left, the Jacks went for two and the win and were successful. Gutsy call.

The Dakota Marker stays in Brookings.

That is one messed up coaching staff to let a guy return in the same game after suffering a concussion. I am sure it wasn't that bad

89rabbit
November 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
All I can say is . . . YEA Baby two in a row over the Bison. The Dakota Marker will stay in Brookings!

Kid Dakota
November 23rd, 2008, 12:09 AM

I guess you are who we thought you are.
The missed field goals, fumble, int had nothing to with it, Weird HUH? You also allowed two 2 point conversions (HUGE). Look at your last six offensive drives, looks like the Jacks "D" was also out there too.

1 quarter- Field Goal Missed
1 quarter- Punt
2 quarter- Rushing Touchdown
2 quarter- Field Goal Missed
3 quarter- Rushing Touchdown
3 quarter- Passing Touchdown
3 quarter- Punt (3 plays)
4 quarter- Punt (3 plays)
4 quarter- Punt (3 plays)
4 quarter- Field Goal Good (4 plays)
4 quarter- Interception (2 plays)
4 quarter- Fumble (1 plays)

Hey go with the ref things if that makes it better for you. Bottom line is you were 1 point shy and lost.

Houndawg
November 23rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Unbeliveable.

Elon loses.
Maine loses.
W&M loses.
Western Ill. loses.

We could easily be 10-1 this year, we were better than every team we played except UNI. Instead we beat ourselves to 6-5.

xrolleyesx SIU beat you like a rented mule for most of your homecoming; if the refs hadn't given you a TD with the blown call on your TE's fumble the play before your first score you'd be sitting home all winter with your losing record to keep you company. Welcome to the MVC.

Jacks02
November 23rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
Nice win Jackrabbits. Congratulations on a successful first season of play-off eligibility. 3rd place in the MVFC is not an easy thing to get too, well from what I've heard since we're usually 1 or 2. j/k. I agree with whoever said, get another patsy on your OOC schedule. An FBS and two powerhouse FCS schools is biting off a little much, even if the FCS's are at home. Glad Berry was able to go out on the upswing, even if he might not remember much of it.

Doesn't get much easier next year with Georgia Southern, Cal Poly, and Minnesota for non-conference.

Sat, Sep 12 Georgia Southern — Cereal Bowl Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA
Sat, Sep 19 Indiana State — Beef Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA
Sat, Sep 26 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. TBA
Sat, Oct 03 Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, Calif. TBA
Sat, Oct 10 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. TBA
Sat, Oct 17 North Dakota State — Dakota Marker Game * Coughlin-Alumni Sat, Oct 24 Northern Iowa — Hobo Day * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA
Sat, Oct 31 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio TBA
Sat, Nov 07 Southern Illinois * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA
Sat, Nov 14 Minnesota at Minneapolis, Minn. TBA
Sat, Nov 21 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. TBA

JSUBison
November 23rd, 2008, 12:42 AM
"Do not believe the internet. Do not believe SDSU fans. They tell lies. It is all lies. The game was won by the Bison, and the infidel rabbits have been sent home. Mertens is all conference. Bibeau will be kicking in the NFL. NDSU is ready to face our first opponent in the playoffs. Appy is finished."

--Bison Information Minister

http://www.cfpeople.org/military/baghdad_bob.jpg

Sometimes we need to smack our own, and thank god we aren't going to the playoffs with this mess of a team.

crunifan
November 23rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
Hey, anyone remember those days, several months ago, when a few Bison fans were warning UNI fans that our days as conference champions were now over?

Yeah, that was great...

jackmd
November 23rd, 2008, 01:22 AM
Silliness by the NDSU fans doesn't take away from the fact that we beat them without our QB for 3 quarter. Nothing more needs to be said. The bison are the 4th or 5th best team in the MVC. The Jackrabbits are the 3rd best team, no arguments can support anything else. We are on the outside looking in and that is all that matters.

Do I think we could compete with the 16 best teams in FCS, of course we could. However, we don't deserve to be there, we didn't win games we should have.

Drblankstare
November 23rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
Congrats to Jacks and thanks for another enteraining game.

Right now there is a alot of bitterness floating around the Bison and right some rightfully so. There were a couple flags that didnt go our way late, but the truth is, the Bison had great field position most of the 2nd half and couldnt seal the deal. The Jacks played most of this game without Berry and they had the balls at the end to try a two point conversion. They WON this game, none of this Bull about the refs or NDSU losing it. SDSU WON. Good game Wabbits and we'll see you next year. Bison fans, should not hang there head too low, we won 6 games this year, with almost zero production out of the passing game. We had a good team this year, not a great one, sometimes thats just the way it works out.

footballer23
November 23rd, 2008, 02:33 AM
Fine. Whatever. The Jacks won on Saturday. I love how everyone thinks we are whining. The fact is... this game was decided by the refs. I don't know how anyone who saw this game can justify the personal fouls on the go-ahead drive for the Rabbits. I admit, it was gutsy call to go for two, but wow. If the Jacks had won it outright, I'd admit it... but 30 yards in B.S. penalties is hard to swallow. I guess there's always next year.

Thunderstruck84
November 23rd, 2008, 02:45 AM
Silliness by the NDSU fans doesn't take away from the fact that we beat them without our QB for 3 quarter. Nothing more needs to be said. The bison are the 4th or 5th best team in the MVC. The Jackrabbits are the 3rd best team, no arguments can support anything else. We are on the outside looking in and that is all that matters.

Do I think we could compete with the 16 best teams in FCS, of course we could. However, we don't deserve to be there, we didn't win games we should have.
Congratulations on being on the outside looking in.... I'm proud of you.

xrolleyesx SIU beat you like a rented mule for most of your homecoming; if the refs hadn't given you a TD with the blown call on your TE's fumble the play before your first score you'd be sitting home all winter with your losing record to keep you company. Welcome to the MVC.
And IF the refs wouldn't have given SDSU two bogus personal foul calls and IF Mertens wouldnt've thrown a INT on the first and goal against YSU and IF the the Leathernecks wouldn't have blocked the punt to beat the Bison in the Fargodome and IF they would've have called the procedure penalty against the Bison in the Wyoming game that nullifyed a 17-3 lead.....

You know what... the truth is the Salukis lost the game in Fargo on their own and the Bison lost the game in Fargo against WIU and against SDSU and at YSU and at Wyoming on their own.

There's a reason beyond the refs blowing one call that you lost that game and there's a reason beyond the bulls$$$ references in the above paragraph that the Bison lost 4 games they could have easily won. News flash, that's how football works, but keep telling yourself you should've and could've... it'll help you once the playoffs start.

Rabbit3467
November 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
Fine. Whatever. The Jacks won on Saturday. I love how everyone thinks we are whining. The fact is... this game was decided by the refs. I don't know how anyone who saw this game can justify the personal fouls on the go-ahead drive for the Rabbits. I admit, it was gutsy call to go for two, but wow. If the Jacks had won it outright, I'd admit it... but 30 yards in B.S. penalties is hard to swallow. I guess there's always next year.

Wah, wah, wah, wah. The bison didnt lose the game the refs stole it. Quit your bitchin. I watched the game, their was no bad penalties. The Jacks got a penalty on a spiked ball for goodness sakes. Quit your crying, you've lost two in a row to jacks and you cant handle it. Im so frickin sick of your arrogance and I graduated from NDSU. Thank you Bison for a great game, almost all Bison fans are great people that understand it was a great game that the Jacks won. I appreciate all the Bison faithful for supporting their team, win or lose. I dont appreciate the bison fans that left after pick. NDSU was still in the game and the fans that left are the kind that come on here and complain about the refs (aka footballer23, u left didnt you xnonox )

Another great Dakota Marker game, I can only hope its as good of a game next year whoever wins or loses

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
Unbeliveable.

Elon loses.
Maine loses.
W&M loses.
Western Ill. loses.

Then you really weren't better, were you? xeyebrowx

Thunderstruck84
November 23rd, 2008, 04:22 AM
Then you really weren't better, were you? xeyebrowx
xoutofrepx

Excuses are like a-holes... eveyone's got one (or several, double entendre intended). Flashback to last year, the Bison were better than Sam Houston and Cal Poly blah blah blah...the fact is players made plays at the end of those games to win the game. Neither team was "better" than the other on that given day, and you know what? It's the exact same thing this year... do you know what the difference is?

Houndawg
November 23rd, 2008, 08:01 AM

That's sig-worthy right there.xnodx

Houndawg
November 23rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
Congratulations on being on the outside looking in.... I'm proud of you.

And IF the refs wouldn't have given SDSU two bogus personal foul calls and IF Mertens wouldnt've thrown a INT on the first and goal against YSU and IF the the Leathernecks wouldn't have blocked the punt to beat the Bison in the Fargodome and IF they would've have called the procedure penalty against the Bison in the Wyoming game that nullifyed a 17-3 lead.....

You know what... the truth is the Salukis lost the game in Fargo on their own and the Bison lost the game in Fargo against WIU and against SDSU and at YSU and at Wyoming on their own.

There's a reason beyond the refs blowing one call that you lost that game and there's a reason beyond the bulls$$$ references in the above paragraph that the Bison lost 4 games they could have easily won. News flash, that's how football works, but keep telling yourself you should've and could've... it'll help you once the playoffs start.

I know, I'm just razzing your buddy.xpeacex

And thanks for the advice about the playoffs.xwhistlex

89rabbit
November 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Just got back from Fargo, it was a great roadtrip!!!! xthumbsupx

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20081123/SPORTS0202/811230333/1002/sports

Injured Berry saves Jacks
After concussion, QB beats Bison

Terry Vandrovec • [email protected] • November 23, 2008

FARGO – Ryan Berry may not remember what transpired Saturday night in the Fargodome, but history will.

After sitting out all but the first two possessions due to a concussion, the senior quarterback returned in the fourth quarter to throw a touchdown pass and a 2-point conversion with less than 3 minutes remaining to lead South Dakota State to a 25-24 victory over rival North Dakota State before a crowd of 18,428.

In a display of guts and guile, the Jackrabbits (7-5, 6-2) earned their first win in Fargo since 1962 and their first back-to-back triumphs in the 95-game series since 1963. They also claimed third-place outright in the Missouri Valley Football Conference in their first year in the league, became eligible for consideration for the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs – although they almost certainly won’t get a call from the selection committee today – and retained the Dakota Marker trophy
If necessary, the 230-pound rock can serve as visual proof of what transpired.

“I don’t remember about half the game,” said the senior Berry, the top passer in the conference and the owner of almost every passing record in school history, “but the stuff I do remember is pretty good. It’ll be something I’ll never forget.” . . . (read more)

Col Hogan
November 23rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
"Do not believe the internet. Do not believe SDSU fans. They tell lies. It is all lies. The game was won by the Bison, and the infidel rabbits have been sent home. Mertens is all conference. Bibeau will be kicking in the NFL. NDSU is ready to face our first opponent in the playoffs. Appy is finished."

--Bison Information Minister

http://www.cfpeople.org/military/baghdad_bob.jpg

Sometimes we need to smack our own, and thank god we aren't going to the playoffs with this mess of a team.

Now that's funny...rep comin' yer way.....xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2008, 09:12 PM

It was more about the Jacks winning than the Bison fading. Congrats to the Jacks on a great game from the fans standpoint. Takes guts to go for 2 points.

TCisMYhero
November 23rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Let me just add:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!xlolx
3rd team inxeyebrowx . I wish there was a couging emoticon on the right!

89rabbit
November 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Took me awhile to find this, not sure why. xlolx

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics/400/XD/XDRPUCZKNGYGRLQ.20081123035352.jpg

Looks good! xnodx

jmc_jackrabbit
November 28th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Wanted to post this on the "MVFC Officials Stink" thread, but it seems to have disappeared... interesting. Well, anyway, here are some screen grabs of the plays where the officials "decided" the game:

1. A few NDSU fans have argued that Roehl was not down on a play where Kjerstad knocked his legs out from under him. Um... here we see his elbow is down. That was followed by his shoulder, his butt, and his knee. He got up and ran. But he was definitely down.

http://www.newsrant.org/roehl.jpg

2. There was some talk that Minett wasn't in on the first two-pointer. Here you see him about to smack the football into the pylon. I'm not posting it, but a few frames later, you see the pylon laid down with the football sitting on top of it.

http://www.newsrant.org/minett.jpg

3. Last drive: Interference. Is there any part of the defender that is NOT in contact with JaRon Harris. That's the ball, five yards away in the upper left.

http://www.newsrant.org/interference.jpg

4. Last Drive Helmet-to-helmet. Maybe the defender was trying to hit with his shoulder, but as you can see he ended up leading the contact with his helmet. In the frames before this one, you see Harris' head jerked towards the end zone by the helmet contact.

http://www.newsrant.org/helmet.jpg

igo4uni
November 28th, 2008, 11:35 AM
oh no!!! photographic evidence to prove the bison actually may have been defeated by a better team and not by the refs!!xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xcoffeex xcoffeex xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

MplsBison
November 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
NDSU fans who blamed the refs for the loss are sore losers.

We had a shot to win it at the end and we could not get it done.

Like I said, it's frustrating knowing you have the best team on the field and yet you can't put it together.

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Not what I want to hear from a team GSU will be playing next season :(

Congrats on the win though!

JSUBison
November 28th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Nice edit job on those photos, jmc. SDSU does have an excellent computer science program. I guess we know what you majored in. It's pretty sad when you have to digitally alter game photos to prove your point.
:p

mango43
November 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM

Like I said, it's frustrating knowing you have the best team on the field and yet you can't put it together.

Still with this?? Really?? Right because you had a better team than the Jacks who was playing without their starting quarterback for most of the game right? xeyebrowx

I wonder what would have happened if Berry didn't get injured?? How many Bison fans would have left this Earth?

Houndawg
November 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Must be even more frustrating to be picked first in the conference and finish fifth while the team picked to finish fifth polishes their first place trophy and prepares for the playoffs. Better luck next year.xpeacex

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Now we're left wondering what might have been had we not dropped a pick in the OT game we lost to McNeese 46-44. And if only we'd have scheduled an NDSU-like out-of-conference schedule. We played Cal Poly and McNeese. They played Austin Peay and Central Connecticut.

If we scheduled like that, we'd be 9-3 right now.

That's alright. We've got mad respect for the Rabbits right now. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Laserlips
November 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM

footballer23:

Sorry, you are NOT allowed to use this excuse. As a Georgia Southern Eagle fan I must bring to your attention that blaming the refs for a loss has already been claimed by us many times, the precedent is set, and you'll just have to find another of your very own.. xnonox

General census is that, in most cases, if the game is so close that a bad call determines the outcome of a game your team just didn't get the job done.

Sorry.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Laserlips
November 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=MplsBison

Like I said, it's frustrating knowing you have the best team on the field and yet you can't put it together.[/QUOTE]

Mpls:

Sorry, the best team on the field in THIS game, on THIS day, was the team who had the higher number of points on the scoreboard when time expired..

I think that's the way it works.. Always. xwhistlex

Jesse

MplsBison
November 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, SDSU was the best team on the field that day.

I'm saying as a program, we had the most talent in the MVFC. We had the best (and highest paid) coaching staff.

We had the best facilities by far.

We had the best of everything.

Very disappointing season.

onbison09
November 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM
The best team on the field is the team who is ahead on the scoreboard at the end. Couple bad calls but we still didn't get it done. Steve Walker bailed us out of many games last year (Poly, SHSU). Anyone have any players on your soccer teams that would be interested in transferring to kick for the Bison? Congrats to the Jacks and hopefully we can come back next year.

clenz
November 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM

I'm saying as a program, we had the most talent in the MVFC. We had the best (and highest paid) coaching staff.

Most talent in the MVFC? You might want to check with UNI and SIU on that.

Houndawg
November 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM

Your hat is too tight.

Thunderstruck84
November 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Wanted to post this on the "MVFC Officials Stink" thread, but it seems to have disappeared... interesting. Well, anyway, here are some screen grabs of the plays where the officials "decided" the game:

Congratulations on your work, maybe you can star in CSI: Brookings. Why is this thread not dead? The game was played a week ago, there are 8 playoff games today that should provide more than enough banter fuel. SDSU beat NDSU 25-24 on November 22nd, 2008. That's the facts and everything else is arbitrary, we'll see you next year.

Here's something to keep you busy in the mean time. (http://www.xump.com/Science/MysteryDetectiveKit.cfm?SID=126)

clenz
November 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I have that kit, it kicks @ss