PDA

View Full Version : Go Bobcats!!!!

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Beat Montana!!!!

putter
November 14th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Beat Montana!!!!

AWW, come on Bobcat! We would be very hospitable to you if you had to come up to Missoula and the snow!!!

griz37
November 14th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Beat Montana!!!!
I would worry about your own Bobcats getting in first. A loss this weekend may equal Thanksgiving at home.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2005, 12:43 PM
A loss this weekend would equal Thanksgiving at home for the Texas-version of the Bobcats with a Nicholls loss...

I'd love if the Texas Bobcats walked into the Missoula. They'd need to get use to what I-AA football is about very quickly, especially if Bailiff has turned them into a perrenial SLC playoff hopeful...

CatFan22
November 14th, 2005, 01:02 PM
The weather is actually looking pretty good for a change this weekend in Bozeman. Right now it's supposed to be about 47 and sunny with a slight wind. Kind of surprising it's not about 0 with snow and 20 mph winds. Should be a good game. Go Cats!

Wellington
November 14th, 2005, 01:21 PM
This will be, undoubtedly, a hard game for the griz, after playing so crappily vs Sac ST and NAU on their offense.

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
November 14th, 2005, 01:26 PM
AWW, come on Bobcat! We would be very hospitable to you if you had to come up to Missoula and the snow!!!

Yeah, man... we LOVE Southland teams in Missoula in November and December! They're delicious!

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I'd love to go to Montana for a game (later in the playoffs). What's the closest Airport and where should I stay?

But I guess you'd have to take care of the other Bobcats first.

There is no reason for the Texas State version to be in Missoula for a first round game. Doesn't add up.

VictorG
November 14th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah, man... we LOVE Southland teams in Missoula in November and December! They're delicious!

We find that once they're frozen they keep quite nicely! We'll thaw'em out sometime in May and have a BBQ!

VictorG
November 14th, 2005, 02:18 PM
I'd love to go to Montana for a game (later in the playoffs). What's the closest Airport and where should I stay?

Missoula International Airport, unless you're coming in on one of those fancy newfangled jet things! :) :cool:

You can stay in the bar with everyone else!!! :p

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Missoula International Airport, unless you're coming in on one of those fancy newfangled jet things! :) :cool:

You can stay in the bar with everyone else!!! :p

Sounds like my kind of place!!!! I have truly wanted to see a game there

putter
November 14th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Actually there a quite a few teams out there that need Montana to win because if we lose, EWU gets the auto-bid and the Griz will take one of their at-large bids!

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
November 14th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Tx State coming would be great. Finally, a year without Northwestern State and Sam Houston coming in (although I really liked the matchups with the Bearkats).

Last year, a guy from Texas A&M came up for the SHSU game (his best friend was a senior D-end for the Bearkats playing in what was his last game) and stayed with my wife and I. After the game, he said that the noise level was comparable to games in College Station. Dunno if he was just being complimentary or what, but there you go.

Of course, after lighting up the field against the Aggies this year, Barrick Nealy'd probably feel right at home and run wild in Zoo City, too. It'd be an awesome venue to see him play in, though!

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I went to the game. Loudest Bobcat Game I had been to. I'd been to UT games here in Austin-Nebraska Game, ATM Game- Last Years OK State Game and those were loud.

I new when ATM was scared though...............It was the loudest.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Montana fans,

Our fans tell story about you folks coming to Huntsville and our following going up there (the three times we have). It's like folklore told at each tailgate. We want a home-and-home with your team again and again. You guys game for starting a home-and-home with the Kats in 2007?

Tailbone
November 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Always!
You're a fun bunch.

Bronco
November 14th, 2005, 05:09 PM
I went to the game. Loudest Bobcat Game I had been to. I'd been to UT games here in Austin-Nebraska Game, ATM Game- Last Years OK State Game and those were loud.

I new when ATM was scared though...............It was the loudest.

Curious question for a Texas Bobcat.
Our local bobcats play a mountain lion roar over the PA when something good happens.
I know a real Bobcat sound is a hiss so that's probably not good to put over the PA. What do you guys do? Anything?
We used to have a Griz roar but sounded too much like a guy burping so we dropped it.

DuckDuckGriz
November 14th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Curious question for a Texas Bobcat.
Our local bobcats play a mountain lion roar over the PA when something good happens.
I know a real Bobcat sound is a hiss so that's probably not good to put over the PA. What do you guys do? Anything?
We used to have a Griz roar but sounded too much like a guy burping so we dropped it.

I heard almost the exact same roar that the Bobcats use at the Oregon vs. Washington State Cougars game in Pullman Saturday night :rolleyes: Oh and what do you know, it was each kickoff AND they played the Chicago Bulls intro music too -- lack of originality in Bozo?

Cat79
November 14th, 2005, 08:06 PM
bronco

We play welcome to the jungle. We do not use the Bobcat roar.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2005, 08:38 PM
One fella on Tx Bobcats board said that San Marcos may be able to outbid Montana...oy!

blackfordpu
November 14th, 2005, 08:41 PM
One fella on Tx Bobcats board said that San Marcos may be able to outbid Montana...oy!

No chance!

BobcatSymphony
November 14th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I think the only reason anyone from TxSt would have to say that is that for years we've been wondering where most of the money we alumni/students has gone in terms of athletics. We've been disappointed with the home media relations in terms of print, press, and advertising. I for one am thinking there's some gilded chest full of gold coins sitting in our president's office... :mad: ;) :rolleyes:

TxSt02
November 14th, 2005, 09:13 PM

this is just plain stupid...

Grizo406
November 14th, 2005, 09:23 PM

Anyone think this will happen, and if so, why?

Ralph will start using 1-AA, when referring to what we all love so much, before that happens, me thinks. Just one humble Griz fan's opinion.

GrizFamily
November 14th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I think the only reason anyone from TxSt would have to say that is that for years we've been wondering where most of the money we alumni/students has gone in terms of athletics. We've been disappointed with the home media relations in terms of print, press, and advertising. I for one am thinking there's some gilded chest full of gold coins sitting in our president's office... :mad: ;) :rolleyes:

I like you guys. I wish my brothers from Bozo could be that honest or that classy.

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 09:53 PM
There's gold in them there hills......................

Keep diggin'

BobcatSymphony
November 14th, 2005, 09:58 PM
There's gold in them there hills......................

Keep diggin'

Agreed

TexasTerror
November 15th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Yes, but the Griz will put down a 125,000+ bid on a $30,000 first-rounder...

Bobcats don't have that cash especially considering you folks can't draw more than 14,000 in Bobcat Stadium to allow you to make that guarantee...

BobcatSymphony
November 15th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Yes, but the Griz will put down a 125,000+ bid on a $30,000 first-rounder...

Bobcats don't have that cash especially considering you folks can't draw more than 14,000 in Bobcat Stadium to allow you to make that guarantee...

TT, many of us acctually realize we will not outbid Montana. However, many have been wondering where all the donations/fees and such that the university has pooled over the last several years has been going. There's some at glance evidence that it isn't in the AD, so being the conspiracy theorist I am I wonder if it isn't sitting in some pretty bank account somewhere... But then again, I also think Oswald didn't shoot JFK (not by himself anyway).

Bobcat94
November 15th, 2005, 09:51 AM
But then again, I also think Oswald didn't shoot JFK (not by himself anyway).

Some would say one of our alum had a part in that...... :eek:

Back to the bid process, Tailgator said something entirely different. I'd bet he would know the process.