PDA

View Full Version : Once again, congrats to App, but.......

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
....anybody can see that we are a QB and an OL away from being a good football team. I have never enjoyed a 1st half, well other than the GSU game, than I enjoyed today's 1st half. Enjoy the WCU that you've had for the last few years SoCon, because you've just witnessed Dennis Wagner's worst year in Cullowhee and the best is on its way.

Good luck to ASU and Wofford in the playoffs and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AppStateSVX
November 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't take that game as THAT much of a measurement. App had a LOT of starters injured for this game, and still managed to beat Western down. Also, despite three turnovers, Western only managed three points off of them. I would say Western definitely has better days ahead though - I think your QB will have a good career. The OL definitely needs a lot of attention though. Congrats on a well fought game - WCU was a VERY inspired team with a mission tonight.

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
We'll get better, YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppAlum2003
November 22nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Don't forget to add to your wish list:

- Receivers that can catch

DX Man
November 22nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Congratulations to Western on a good game. Coach Wagner has your team headed in the right direction. I'm glad ya'll have to come to Boone next year.xpeacex

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Don't forget to add to your wish list:

- Receivers that can catch

No doubt. Adam Hearns would be running stadium steps if I was Wagner. No sense in that garbage. Excited about '09!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppAlum2003
November 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
No doubt. Adam Hearns would be running stadium steps if I was Wagner. No sense in that garbage. Excited about '09!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Yeah, my comment was no dig on Western. If your receivers catch just a few of those drops, it's a much closer game. I think I saw that your QB was 4 of 19 in the first half. That can't be all his fault.

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, my comment was no dig on Western. If your receivers catch just a few of those drops, it's a much closer game. I think I saw that your QB was 4 of 19 in the first half. That can't be all his fault.

No dig taken. Adam Hearns dropped at least 4 easy catches. Briggs coddled his ass and Wagner hasn't. We're gonna get there. Good luck in the playoffs.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

BeauFoster
November 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
ASU played as bad as they have played in the first half (on offense) and still won the game. Once the defense decided to play in the second quarter, WCU didn't have a chance. A more seasoned QB will make a bit of a difference, but once ASU quit caring about the gimmick offense and started playing assignment ball, it was over.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
....anybody can see that we are a QB and an OL away from being a good football team. I have never enjoyed a 1st half, well other than the GSU game, than I enjoyed today's 1st half. Enjoy the WCU that you've had for the last few years SoCon, because you've just witnessed Dennis Wagner's worst year in Cullowhee and the best is on its way.

This is by no means meant as disrespect... but a QB and OLine is a HUGE part of a team.

That's like saying George Bush is a brain and moral character away from being a great President.

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
This is by no means meant as disrespect... but a QB and OLine is a HUGE part of a team.

That's like saying George Bush is a brain and moral character away from being a great President.

It also shows what a dumbass we had for a previous coach who couldn't recruit his butt from a hole in the ground. Wagner wasn't exactly given a plethora of talent. A lot of what has showed up this year are HIS recruits, especially on offense.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASU88
November 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM

WCU has been missing virtually ALL the parts to a good football program in recent years. They are now showing some life and would seem to be ready to improve. Having a young QB who will improve means they might be only a few pieces away from the middle of the pack and, ultimately, becoming a factor in the SoCon.

Considering where they've been, that's something to be excited about.

ASUTodd
November 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
We played the crappiest first half ever, played a second string QB, a 4TH STRING Running back, and you still lost...big...... In no way would I use this game to measure your team. You have at least 2 years before you can begin to think of playing for the Socon Championship or getting the jug back....

ASU88
November 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
We played the crappiest first half ever, played a second string QB, a 4TH STRING Running back, and you still lost...big...... In no way would I use this game to measure your team. You have at least 2 years before you can begin to think of playing for the Socon Championship or getting the jug back....

I don't think they are claiming they wil be SoCon champs in two years. They are claiming they will be much improved and will not be in the cellar every year.

Come to think of it ... they escaped the cellar this year, didn't they?

ASUTodd
November 22nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah they have nowhere to go but up... oh wait, there is always I-AA now.... Maybe they can go play Davidson.

g-webb1994
November 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Don't we play you guys in Cullowheeeeeeeeeeeeeee next year?

appstate1998
November 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM

Might want to work on that rush defense as well....giving up 3 rushing td's and almost 160 yards on the ground to the backup QB isn't that great. But hey at least you had 2 more total yards of offense than Florida had points against THE CITADEL. That's something to brag about next year when you face THE CITADEL xhurrayx

That was one of the worst first halfs I've ever seen. App had 3 turnovers. On your field goal...you got it after an INT and didn't gain a yard and settled for a field goal. On your touchdown you were benefited by two pass interferences. Other than that you had nothing.

ASUTodd
November 22nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I can't wait for GW to make the jump up to the Socon... You guys can have our spot when we move up to FBS...

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah they have nowhere to go but up... oh wait, there is always I-AA now.... Maybe they can go play Davidson.

whatever, enjoy your win. xnonono2x

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Might want to work on that rush defense as well....giving up 3 rushing td's and almost 160 yards on the ground to the backup QB isn't that great. But hey at least you had 2 more total yards of offense than Florida had points against THE CITADEL. That's something to brag about next year when you face THE CITADEL xhurrayx

That was one of the worst first halfs I've ever seen. App had 3 turnovers. On your field goal...you got it after an INT and didn't gain a yard and settled for a field goal. On your touchdown you were benefited by two pass interferences. Other than that you had nothing.

Hey give it to me straight doc......I can take it. Just enjoy your time on top.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM

Not sure, but I will try to find out.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Mntneer
November 22nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
No one is disputing that WCU got outplayed today, but they played a decent first half. Yes App was missing several starters, but it's clear this Western team is headed in the right direction. That's all I hear anyone saying. It's about time some App fans realized that an improved WCU means better football for everyone.

TheOne14
November 22nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
It seems like Wagner has your team heading in the right direction. I was listening to the Post Game on my way home and enjoyed Wagner's Comments. He talked about getting more talent in there to challenge these juniors and seniors next year.
I believe WCU is a good recruiting class or 2 from becoming a player in the SoCon

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
It seems like Wagner has your team heading in the right direction. I was listening to the Post Game on my way home and enjoyed Wagner's Comments. He talked about getting more talent in there to challenge these juniors and seniors next year.
I believe WCU is a good recruiting class or 2 from becoming a player in the SoCon

No doubt. I cannot wait for 2009!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM

I have included it in WCU's 2009 schedule. Our home games in 2009 are GW(MAYBE), Furman, The Citadel, Wofford and Elon.

We go to Vandy, EKU, Boone, GSU, UTC, and Samford.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appstate1998
November 22nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
No one is disputing that WCU got outplayed today, but they played a decent first half. Yes App was missing several starters, but it's clear this Western team is headed in the right direction. That's all I hear anyone saying. It's about time some App fans realized that an improved WCU means better football for everyone.

I must have been watching a different game. To me WCU was horrid in the first half. ASU was gift wrapping the game and giving it to them and they couldn't do anything. 3 turnovers, 2 back to back pass interferences, and you have 10 points. The WCU offense was putrid. Receivers couldn't catch anything thrown their way. There field goal was just because of where they started with the ball. They didn't even gain a yard on that series. App's offense just wasn't clicking at the start. I mean Pressley rushed for more than twice WCU's total offense.

I agree Wagner is a good coach and should help the team improve....but he's gotta get more of his players first because this team was painful to watch.

catamount man
November 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
I must have been watching a different game. To me WCU was horrid in the first half. ASU was gift wrapping the game and giving it to them and they couldn't do anything. 3 turnovers, 2 back to back pass interferences, and you have 10 points. The WCU offense was putrid. Receivers couldn't catch anything thrown their way. There field goal was just because of where they started with the ball. They didn't even gain a yard on that series. App's offense just wasn't clicking at the start. I mean Pressley rushed for more than twice WCU's total offense.

I agree Wagner is a good coach and should help the team improve....but he's gotta get more of his players first because this team was painful to watch.

Should've seen the team in 2006 and 2007. 2008 was a God send compared to Briggs last 2 years. You folks just don't realize how far his tenure sunk us compared to where we were after Bleil took us to 7-4 in 2001. That being said, I think Wagner is the man to turn it around. God, I hope and pray so.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appstate1998
November 22nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Should've seen the team in 2006 and 2007. 2008 was a God send compared to Briggs last 2 years. You folks just don't realize how far his tenure sunk us compared to where we were after Bleil took us to 7-4 in 2001. That being said, I think Wagner is the man to turn it around. God, I hope and pray so.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I think Wagner will as well, but he's playing with someone else's recruits right now. Gotta give him time to get his on guys in there.

AppMan
November 23rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Let's see...in the 2007 Jug game WCU scored 35 points and had 410 total yards offense. Yesterday they racked up 10 points and 72 total yards of offense (-2 yards rushing). That"s quite an improvement! Coach Wagner said WCU "played a great defensive game." Interesting considering the cats gave up 35 points an 402 yards to an ASU offense playing a back up QB and 4 running backs who have never started a game. One who hasn't carried the ball for two years, and a wideout (Sr.) that has never caught a pass or carried the ball (until yesterday) his entire career. I don't blame you for being optimistic, but temper that with a little realism.