PDA

View Full Version : "You need to be here fifteen minutes before kickoff..."

DuckDuckGriz
November 22nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Mick Holien just stated this on the live broadcast. "I'm not gonna tell you what's gonna happen, but you need to be in here fifteen minutes before kickoff. Otherwise you're going to say you missed what happened."

This should be good xeyebrowx

Grizo406
November 22nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
I've seen some amazing things happen in Washington/Grizzly over the years. What happened today, ranks right up at the top of that list, and I'm glad that I made it to my seat on time!xnodx xnodx xnodx

patssle
November 22nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well, lets not keep everybody in suspense... xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

What happened?

kirkblitz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
what happened!!!!!!!!!

SeattleGriz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I believe it can only be summed up in pictures.

AWESOME!

kirkblitz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
pics or ban

SeattleGriz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Watch the highlights and tell me if you can see what we are talking about.

http://montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=7631&m=18

nevadagriz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
I can not beleive how excited I got watching that on TV it brought back lots of memories!!!!!

SeattleGriz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:40 PM
magic bump

griz37
November 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
This happened:

http://filemanager.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz3/landing_pages/files/football/2008/2008_brawl_trophy.jpg

Not a big deal to most, but a lot of Griz fans, myself included LOVE our old school uniforms & today we wore them for the 1st time since '95.

Tod
November 22nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Mick Holien just stated this on the live broadcast. "I'm not gonna tell you what's gonna happen, but you need to be in here fifteen minutes before kickoff. Otherwise you're going to say you missed what happened."

This should be good xeyebrowx

Leather helmets! xnodx xnodx xnodx

Grizaholic17
November 22nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
I was astonished when I saw them coming out of the smoke today! The entire pregame they had the regular jerseys on, and then out of the smoke here they come.

Peems
November 22nd, 2008, 10:49 PM
I knew something was up, when monte didn't do his usual pregame stuff and for the coin toss they had just two random dudes who had nondescript jerseys on do the toss, and when they ran out it was crazy.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 22nd, 2008, 11:15 PM
I may get flamed here butt.....

I didn't like it when the Griz went back to maroon and silver when they first did it. But now that the memory has faded a bit and jogged by the throw backs today, I gotta say, I'm glad they went to maroon and silver. I don't mind the copper, but the yellow just doesn't cut it. It's supposed to be gold, but it's yellow dammit xrolleyesx The maroon and silver looks much better, without a doubt. I did like seeing it for one game, hope they don't do it often :D

kirkblitz
November 22nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
those uniforms suck sorry :D

patssle
November 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
those uniforms suck sorry :D

I'd have to agree. The old uniforms are pretty ugly.

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
It was a one time surprise they are already selling the Jerseys and Helmets.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2008, 01:30 AM
I heard rumors yesterday that they were going to wear them, but when I came to the stadium they were wearing the all-maroons for warm ups, and I thought it wasn't going to happen. It was quite a pleasant surprise when they came out with them on. xnodx

T-Dog
November 23rd, 2008, 01:42 AM
Watch the highlights and tell me if you can see what we are talking about.

http://montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=7631&m=18

Those uniforms are hideous, but in a lovable way....sort of.

That #92 for Montana (Mercer I believe) is going to be smiling ear to ear the whole next week after that pick six. Good to see a d-lineman get a career highlight like that.

Zoo
November 23rd, 2008, 01:46 AM
Those Montana uniforms look nice, the ol' copper and gold came back! :D

But I am used to looking at them in maroon and silver now after all these years. xbawlingx xlolx

Peems
November 23rd, 2008, 02:03 AM
I always thought they were ugly, but throughout the entire game I kept thinking, "damn those are badass!!!

Keeper
November 23rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
The old copper unis worked great in the olden days
because they blended in with the old field. :D

Hood
November 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
smoooooooth.

Ugly as sin but still really awesome anyway. Good to maintain your history and tradition. :)

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Nice pic of Colt Anderson in throwback uni. Now I like the new unis better but come on. These aren't as bad as some of you are making out. Most old style unis aren't that nice. These aren't any worse than Texas.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj253/cadwiz30/Griz%202008%20vs%20MSU/GrizvsMSU08067.jpg

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Reminds me of a sweet potato.

Hellgate60
November 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
The only time I have ever seen the Griz play in those jerseys is in the 1995 National Championship game that my dad recorded. And in 1995 they were wearing their away uniforms so that was the first time I ever saw the home throwback uniforms. I will always remember this Griz/Cat as the game I got to see the throwback jerseys. Also pretty excited for Christmas since my dad bought me and brothers each a helmet

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Now, it obviously wasn't a distraction because the smoked MSU but if I knew that the 15 minutes between warm ups and kickoff the Panthers were back worrying about how they looking and changing clothes, I would be pi$$ed.

Football games aren't a beauty pagent.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Now, it obviously wasn't a distraction because the smoked MSU but if I knew that the 15 minutes between warm ups and kickoff the Panthers were back worrying about how they looking and changing clothes, I would be pi$$ed.

I don't think you understand the significance of those uniforms.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
The reason I loved it is because they are ugly and I think it's a great look. To those that only see it for the outward appearance you don't understand what it was like to see them run out in those. That's quite alright by me, and it can't be explained to you. It was the most electric atmosphere I have ever been a part of for a Griz/Cat game in WaGriz and I've seen every one of them.

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM

The uniforms definitely mean more than that.

And the jerseys did exactly what the athletic department wanted, FIRED UP THE CROWD! You should have heard us after they came out.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
The uniforms definitely mean more than that.

And the jerseys did exactly what the athletic department wanted, FIRED UP THE CROWD! You should have heard us after they came out.

That was the loudest football game I've heard at Washington-Grizzly, and that's saying a hell of a lot.

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
That was the loudest football game I've heard at Washington-Grizzly, and that's saying a hell of a lot.

It was loud, but I think the UMASS game two years back trumps this one.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 04:49 PM

Ehh maybe. I don't know.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2008, 04:52 PM

Ehh maybe. I don't know.

Gotta agree with holic on this one. There's something about a nationally televised night game that makes people (myself included) go nuts.

Uncle Buck
November 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
I love the old uni's as well. Very nice.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Gotta agree with holic on this one. There's something about a nationally televised night game that makes people (myself included) go nuts.

The best part about that game broadcast, though, is the announcers commenting on how they'd been to a sold out game in the Big House and Washington-Grizzly trumped it in volume. So satisfying to hear that.