PDA

View Full Version : AGS PAYTON AWARD VOTING

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2008, 08:05 PM
Posters,

With the final list of Payton candidates out, the season winding down and just one game left for most, I thought it would be good to take a vote from fellow AGS posters. Let's see who AGS would select as the Payton winner.

I have picked 10 of the finalists from the official list and put them in the poll. I am setting the voting to close on the same day as it will for TSN voters, Friday, November 28th.

Let's see if our top 3 is close to the TSN top 3 and if we select the winner.

Remember to vote on who is the best offensive player in FCS and most importantly no homer votes. Be as impartial as you can!

Apologies ahead of time to those left off. Time to vote and best of luck to everyone!

Syntax Error
November 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Posters,

With the final list of Payton candidates out, the season winding down and just one game left for most, I thought it would be good to take a vote from fellow AGS posters. Let's see who AGS would select as the Payton winner.

I have picked 10 of the finalists from the official list and put them in the poll. I am setting the voting to close on the same day as it will for TSN voters, Friday, November 28th.App homer much? You already said Armanti Edwards should be the runaway winner. Why make a poll? All the best offensive players are not even on the list.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
App homer much? You already said Armanti Edwards should be the runaway winner. Why make a poll? All the best offensive players are not even on the list.

I stated that I think Edwards is the best but never said that someone would be an idiot for voting for another player.

Again, as I asked you and others before, who would you select and why??

Not sure who is missing that should be on this list. I picked 10 players whom I feel the most votes would go to and I already apologized for those missing. If the best aren't on here then start another one with the 10 best in your opinion.

As I stated in the first post this is to see how AGS sees it and see if our top 3 finishers are the same or close to the top 3 when TSN votes.

R.A.
November 21st, 2008, 08:18 PM
Where are all of the choices? This is not the finalized list.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM
Where are all of the choices? This is not the finalized list.

Because the poll will only allow me to pick 10 I picked the top 10 names that I thought of. If the admin will allow me to make it 16 for this poll I will add the others. I tried getting as many on here as I could. xthumbsupx

I will PM an admin and see if they could do that for me to have all 16.

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 08:32 PM
Cameron Higgins.

Stellar numbers, but also no one outside of Weber State fans expected him to produce the way he has. xnodx

Syntax Error
November 21st, 2008, 09:03 PM
this thread was started by an App homer

BEAR
November 21st, 2008, 09:07 PM
Oh wow..another poll to see how many App fans can vote for their guy...:pumpuke:

AppAlum2003
November 21st, 2008, 09:12 PM
Oh wow..another poll to see how many App fans can vote for their guy...:pumpuke:

HAHA... and who did you vote for, jerk?

Kettle... meet pot.

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM
I voted for AE because I'm smart and I'm a xhomerx as pointed out above.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
With all due respect to AE, I think Higgins' numbers are better than those of any other QB.

I think the finalists will be Donaldson, AE, and Higgins.

appstate1998
November 21st, 2008, 09:18 PM
Is there a way to post or create a thread on this message board without being called a homer???

AppAlum2003
November 21st, 2008, 09:20 PM
Is there a way to post or create a thread on this message board without being called a homer???

Saying something like that makes you a homer, homer.

BULLDOG8180
November 21st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Andre Roberts, yep a homer vote- his stats do warrant him being in the top ten.

Native
November 21st, 2008, 10:08 PM
Cameron Higgins.

Stellar numbers, but also no one outside of Weber State fans expected him to produce the way he has. xnodx

AE is great, but I too tire of SOME (not all) of the Appy homers. xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx

I hope Cam is as good under playoff pressure as I think he will be. Cannot WAIT to see! xpopcornx xcoolx

I am not as excited about the Payton this year as I am about the playoffs. Higgins is only a spphomore. If he doesn't get it this year, he will have playoff wins on his resume next year. xsmiley_wix

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:56 AM

I actually started it to see who AGS would select. I asked for non homer votes hoping but not really expecting it to help. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:59 AM

I am actually impartial here and would actually like to see a senior win it this year because I believe that next year Edwards will have the talent that he should be able to walk away with it.

I started the Buchanan thread and voted for Peach so I am not sure where you are getting those false accusations from.

Who do you think is the best offensive player in the FCS? Would be interested in seeing who you like because I know you said you watch a lot of games so I would assume you have a pretty good idea on who the top players are.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Andre Roberts, yep a homer vote- his stats do warrant him being in the top ten.

I really like Roberts and could see where you are coming from here. He is an all-purpose threat who comes up big all of the time. Should be an interesting Payton race next year with Roberts, Hudgins, Higgins, Sinisi, Edwards, Mariani, Ford, etc. all back.

ericsaid
November 22nd, 2008, 01:03 AM
AE is great, but I too tire of SOME (not all) of the Appy homers. xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx

I hope Cam is as good under playoff pressure as I think he will be. Cannot WAIT to see! xpopcornx xcoolx

I am not as excited about the Payton this year as I am about the playoffs. Higgins is only a spphomore. If he doesn't get it this year, he will have playoff wins on his resume next year. xsmiley_wix

Weber State homer much?

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
Weber State homer much?

Higgins does have a legit argument. It will be interesting to see where he lands in the official voting results. I believe he will be in the top 3.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
I am actually impartial here... I am not sure where you are getting those false accusations from...you are far from impartial

took to PM

Black Saturday
November 22nd, 2008, 05:55 AM

And for what reason are you attacking it?

Saint3333
November 22nd, 2008, 08:24 AM
An objective FCS fan would vote for a player with:

2,200 passing yards, 25 TDs, 2 INTs
900 rushing yards 9 TDs

I think we'll find that the actual voters will mirror this poll (at least 50% of the first place votes).

For every "App Homer" vote here there is a "App Hater" vote (maybe more).

AE is the best player in the FCS no matter what team he plays for.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
An objective FCS fan would vote for a player with:

2,200 passing yards, 25 TDs, 2 INTs
900 rushing yards 9 TDs

I think we'll find that the actual voters will mirror this poll (at least 50% of the first place votes).

For every "App Homer" vote here there is a "App Hater" vote (maybe more).

AE is the best player in the FCS no matter what team he plays for.

How about 3479 passing yards, 34 total TD's, and a 68.5 completion percentage?

Saint3333
November 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Higgins has great numbers and is second IMO. I weigh rushing yards heavier than passing yards (I'd say a 1.2 ratio), but the bigger reason is AE's TD to INT ratio is 12.5 to 1 while Higgins is 4.1 to 1.

th0m
November 22nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Guess I'm an ASU homer then? I can't possibly decide who is the best because I haven't seen ALL players, however I voted for who I think WILL win, not who SHOULD win, because surely every body thinks someone else should win, where only one actually will xpeacex

JMU Newbill
November 22nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
I love JMU, and I would take Rodney Landers on my team anyday, but my vote had to go to Armanti.

neersnbeers
November 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM

Hater.

Skjellyfetti
November 22nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
http://www.gsufans.com/images/arm08.jpg

appstate1998
November 22nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
How about 3479 passing yards, 34 total TD's, and a 68.5 completion percentage?

Not impressed with that considering they played 2 division 2 teams where 7 of those TD's came from and about 600 of those yards. Portland State, Northern Colorado and Idaho State are just as bad as playing Division II schools. And this isn't a statement supporting Edwards, I'm just not as impressed with Higgins as most.

I'm actually not big on Weber State. I think they will be blown out in the first round with Montana representing the big sky in the second round. I compare Montana's second quarter meltdown against Weber like App's third quarter implosion against JMU.

madisonfan87
November 22nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
I love JMU, and I would take Rodney Landers on my team anyday, but my vote had to go to Armanti.

Ditto, he makes more "holy crap did he just do that"? plays than Rodney, oh yeah he can pass pretty good as well.

Hoyadestroya85
November 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
As Tempted as i was to vote for Landers, I voted for AE... Higgins shouldn't even come close to either of them.

skinny_uncle
November 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Larry "Lightning" Warner

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/homer-01.gif?t=1227372223

Hoyadestroya85
November 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
Larry "Lightning" Warner

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/homer-01.gif?t=1227372223

He's just fun to watch.. Go Salukis!

StrikeJMU
November 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
As Tempted as i was to vote for Landers, I voted for AE... Higgins shouldn't even come close to either of them.

Landers would understand. xnodx

Appguy
November 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
you are far from impartial
because you're totally impartial with your app hatred?
Does it matter who posted it? NO
did someone that he didn't put on the list really have a shot at the payton? NO

Hoyadestroya85
November 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Landers would understand. xnodx

He owes Villanova one anyways

StrikeJMU
November 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
He owes Villanova one anyways

lets just say you don't owe us a Christmas gift...