PDA

View Full Version : Weber State is trying to get butts in the seats.

I Bleed Purple
November 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Got an email from 'em yesterday. Slashing ticket prices for the EWU game Saturday.

Youth general admission is a buck and all other tickets cut in half.

Let's hope we get 10k+

Grizzaholic
November 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Glad to hear that the admin is trying to get people out to the game! If Weber St. puts together a couple really good seasons fans will start showing up.

I Bleed Purple
November 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Here's the link

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=1626967&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=8600&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Just advertise free beer! Oh wait...free soda!...ah never mind! xoopsx

Ronbo
November 20th, 2008, 07:43 PM

Free coffee, beer, and strippers on the sidelines instead of cheerleaders and that place would be packed.xlolx

theasushow
November 20th, 2008, 08:33 PM
i mean...didnt they beat carolina in the ncaa tourney in like '98 or so?

igo4uni
November 20th, 2008, 08:41 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BEAR
November 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Packing a stadium seems to be the problem of many FCS programs. At UCA we have sold out many times, but the actual butts don't show when the corporations buy in mass and nobody fills their seats at game time. That begs the question, is it better to sell in mass to the public or the corporations who won't show for the game? Corporations will give you the cash, but fans will give you the actual attendance. ...hmm...tough one because they are both needed. xcoffeex

JALMOND
November 21st, 2008, 12:59 AM
Got an email from 'em yesterday. Slashing ticket prices for the EWU game Saturday.

Youth general admission is a buck and all other tickets cut in half.

Let's hope we get 10k+

I'm thinking the Utah/BYU game might be drawing some of the fan base away that game, given the success this year of both programs. How do you guys usually draw the same weekend as Utah/BYU?

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 01:28 AM
Free coffee, beer, and strippers on the sidelines instead of cheerleaders and that place would be packed.xlolx

Stewart Stadium could be the Vegas of Utah! xthumbsupx

I Bleed Purple
November 21st, 2008, 04:27 AM
I'm thinking the Utah/BYU game might be drawing some of the fan base away that game, given the success this year of both programs. How do you guys usually draw the same weekend as Utah/BYU?

Couldn't tell you. No clue.

We'll probably get the standard 8K. We're having the game an hour earlier than we usually do and that's because the U/Y game starts at 4:00. So those not going to the game can go watch Weber, go home and watch the other game. I'll probably do that. Can't remember a time when Weber would schedule a game at the same time as the Holy War.

I Bleed Purple
November 21st, 2008, 04:28 AM
Stewart Stadium could be the Vegas of Utah! xthumbsupx

Funny you mention that since during the railroad days, Ogden was basically that.

mtgrizfankb
November 21st, 2008, 11:51 AM
i just wish you guys had a solid fan base. i mean we have the highest ticket prices in FCS and we sell out the house for everygame before the season starts.... just wish everyone got to experience GRIZ NATION

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Couldn't tell you. No clue.

We'll probably get the standard 8K. We're having the game an hour earlier than we usually do and that's because the U/Y game starts at 4:00. So those not going to the game can go watch Weber, go home and watch the other game. I'll probably do that. Can't remember a time when Weber would schedule a game at the same time as the Holy War.

I'd go, but.......I'd have to miss the Griz game. I'm not sure they'd like me showing up in maroon anyways ;) If your game was the same time as the holy war, I would go watch it, go figure.