PDA

View Full Version : We need a new EKU-UTM thread so here goes

ekufbfan
November 19th, 2008, 03:44 PM
DEFENSE: Show no mercy, take no prisoners!
OFFENSE: Bring the best you have had this year!!
EKU: GO COLONELS SHOW YOUR EKU PRIDE!!

89Hen
November 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Not sure who to root for in this one. xeyebrowx

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Not sure who to root for in this one. xeyebrowx

My heart says EKU (I want to music camp there when I was younger), but my head says UTM (IMO, would almost guarantee Richmond going to ASU and I want to see that game bad!!)

EKU05
November 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I love that everyone's head is telling them UTM is the favorite.

hawkeye
November 19th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I love that everyone's head is telling them UTM is the favorite.

Thats because they are all football smart and know your defense cannot handle the air attack you are about to witness Saturday. Youve never seen anything like it. Not in a long time. Trust me.xsmiley_wix

ekufbfan
November 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Thats because they are all football smart and know your defense cannot handle the air attack you are about to witness Saturday. Youve never seen anything like it. Not in a long time. Trust me.xsmiley_wix

Gee, better than JSU/RP/SEC player of the year? xcoffeex Man, I AM worried now.
JSU fans clue us neophite EKU fans in on the UTM secret, please.

Weems
November 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Gee, better than JSU/RP/SEC player of the year? xcoffeex Man, I AM worried now.
JSU fans clue us neophite EKU fans in on the UTM secret, please.

yep. I was not that impressed with RP when he came to Martin. Cade actually played better than he did.

Weems
November 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282972630

So not a lot better, but better.

Cocky
November 20th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Of course I would love to play them again. I didn't see the EKU game so I can't compare.

MoreheadEagle
November 20th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I've only seen EKU play this season. This has the potential to be a good game but EKU's defense needs to play hard and the offense can't go dry if the Maroons want to win. Overall, this is good for the OVC to have four legit contenders for the conference crown every season.

Gamecocks99
November 20th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Of course I would love to play them again. I didn't see the EKU game so I can't compare.

Yes I would love the chance to play UT MARTIN again too. Our Defense is healed up and ready to go. The Jax State Defense and Offense played great against Tenn State.

Also, a JSU player strips the ball out of the running backs hands / TSU Fumbles the ball and the ball rolled over the Orange pylon in the corner of the End Zone, which is a Touch Back and JSU's Ball on the 20. This was played back on the Jumbo Tron several times. BUT, The refs gave the ball back to TSU and they scored 2 plays later. All in all JSU's D handled TSU.

Our D is strong and more than ready to play xnodx

jaxstatealum
November 20th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Go Colonels!!!!! xnodx

MaroonDoom
November 20th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks jaxstatealum. But if your damn kicker would have made that extra point against UTM & could sleep better this week.

Weems
November 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks jaxstatealum. But if your damn kicker would have made that extra point against UTM & could sleep better this week.

Yep, i would agree 100%... :D

MaroonDoom
November 20th, 2008, 09:33 AM
As a former football player, I hated having those damn kickers deciding those close games?

jaxstatealum
November 20th, 2008, 09:39 AM

No arguments from me xrolleyesx Do you have any idea how bad it sucks sitting on the outside looking in over a combined total of 4 #$%* points in two games....

Such is life! Good luck Saturday!!!

hawkeye
November 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Season offense stats:

UTM EKU

Pts per game 38.6 22.3
First downs 188 156
Passing yds 2272 1987
Total offense 4060 3160

Kick ret. Yds 1020 623
Punt ret avg. 24 8

Score by Quarters: 1 2 3 4
UT Martin 101 122 74 86
Opponents 89 36 69 62

MaroonDoom
November 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Defense wins championships.

MaroonDoom
November 20th, 2008, 10:33 AM
EKU= +12
UTM= -1

Gamecocks99
November 20th, 2008, 10:50 AM
www.5Dimes.com picks:

Eastern Kentucky at Tennessee-Martin
11/22/2008
1:00 PM (EST)

281 Eastern Kentucky +6 -1201.833
282 Tennessee-Martin -6 -1201.833

MaroonDoom
November 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM
FYI, my last stat was for TO margin. Thanks Gamecocks99, but with this s*&^^% economy my betting money is way done.

hawkeye
November 20th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Saturdays gametime Forecast in Martin TN:

Partly Cloudy skies-Very Cloudy for the Colonels

High
50°F-Much colder if wearing Maroon

Wind: S 8 mph -UTM Receivers 55MPH

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l Weather

appfan2008
November 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I want the team to win that has the best chance of coming to boone the next week... otherwise i dont really care...

MaroonDoom
November 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM
One game at time my friend also if the damn stock market goes down any further & may not have to worry about next week.

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
My take on the EKU-UTM game

Home field advantage:UTM
Confidence factor: Toss-up
Who wants it the most: I hope, EKU!
Preparation: EKU WILL be prepared

EKU defense has gotten stonger each game, I think they are up to the task at hand, just as long as the offense does not put them in any bad situations (i.e. turning the ball over inside the 20), then the defense can take care of business. I think our defensive coordinator could very well be the best around.

UTM offense: I confess I do not know much about them, other than they put some points up on Auburn, JSU and I guess everybody else they have played. Weens and haweye seem to think our defense won't be able to handle UTM speed. UTM will score some points, there is no doubt, but if our defense plays to their potential, that will not cost us the game.

Kicking game: EKU is operating fine in this department. Good field goal kicker and punting and kickoffs have not been a problem.
Does UTM have a return threat?

EKU Offensestruggled in the early part of the season, running game was not much early on, but has recoved nicely, (i.e, see last week's game against Murray in the ice bowl). The offensive line had only one returning starter, but is playing much better than earlier in the season. If the now healthy Alan Holland is on, he can hit his targets. The offense must bring their A game.

UTM Defense: this the unknown for me. Can the UTM defense stop our offense (or will our offense stop themselves ). There is a good chance that the game will be won or lost right here. But what do I know, I am only a fan, GO EKU!

This and That:
Bus ride to the end of the world: Advantage UTM, 6 hours of h@!! on a bus
EKU fans and cheerleaders: will be there, seems our cheerleaders go to all the away fb games/OVC games, hardly ever see visiting teams squads in Richmond????

Weems
November 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
My take on the EKU-UTM game

Home field advantage:UTM
Confidence factor: Toss-up
Who wants it the most: I hope, EKU!
Preparation: EKU WILL be prepared

EKU defense has gotten stonger each game, I think they are up to the task at hand, just as long as the offense does not put them in any bad situations (i.e. turning the ball over inside the 20), then the defense can take care of business. I think our defensive coordinator could very well be the best around.

UTM offense: I confess I do not know much about them, other than they put some points up on Auburn, JSU and I guess everybody else they have played. Weens and haweye seem to think our defense won't be able to handle UTM speed. UTM will score some points, there is no doubt, but if our defense plays to their potential, that will not cost us the game.

Kicking game: EKU is operating fine in this department. Good field goal kicker and punting and kickoffs have not been a problem.
Does UTM have a return threat?

EKU Offensestruggled in the early part of the season, running game was not much early on, but has recoved nicely, (i.e, see last week's game against Murray in the ice bowl). The offensive line had only one returning starter, but is playing much better than earlier in the season. If the now healthy Alan Holland is on, he can hit his targets. The offense must bring their A game.

UTM Defense: this the unknown for me. Can the UTM defense stop our offense (or will our offense stop themselves ). There is a good chance that the game will be won or lost right here. But what do I know, I am only a fan, GO EKU!

This and That:
Bus ride to the end of the world: Advantage UTM, 6 hours of h@!! on a bus
EKU fans and cheerleaders: will be there, seems our cheerleaders go to all the away fb games/OVC games, hardly ever see visiting teams squads in Richmond????

UTM has Roren Thomas and #3(can't rem his name) return kicks. He almost returned 2 on Auburn, 1 he stepped out.. :(.

hawkeye
November 20th, 2008, 08:20 PM
A "Quick Look at UTM"

Yes, you have a good defense EKU. Yes I do believe defense (in the past) would win a championship(See MaroonDoom). Your linebackers are quick and cover very well on the short pass. EKU intercepted Perilloux 4-5 times? That is very good.

UTM Offense: Martin on the other hand has numerous weapons(Not 1 like Jax St) on Offense. Just when you think you have #9 Roren Thomas covered, #19(Ole Miss transfer) Mike Hicks is running your Dbacks to death. Try to cover both of them same play and well.......Jamal Akbar comes out of the smoke. Thomas and Akbar are very quick. Mike Hicks #19 is FBS material and if you see him in person will wonder(Who in the hell recruited that animal) The Auburn fans were yelling at Hicks from the stands "Your damn good #19". About the time you feel like you have all 3 of em covered. BOOM!!THE RUN-By the Memphis Tiger transfer Miquel Barnes #30. A power runner who will test your linebacker corp (Bring extra chin straps). Your Linebackers for sure need to realize its #30 and not the quicker and faster #5 Brandyn Young(97 yard run against Eastern Illinois). Or maybe it will be the Freshman from Hattiesburg MS (Mississippi Dandy Dozen) connection #3 Daryl Bourne(Can turn the lights out and be in bed before they are out). Wait!!...I forgot about #20 Named 2006 Class 5A Region 2 Player of the Year in TN., Trace McDermott who just healed from the first part of the season from injury. Now, THE MAN, who delivers the pigskin and coached by Steve Spurrier and transfered from South Carolina is #12 Mr Cade Thompson. WILL NOT LEAVE THE POCKET. All this behind a line that the AWBURN Tigers could not penetrate for a QB sack all day. Pass Pass Pass Pass RUN Pass Pass Pass RUN Pass Pass Pass RUN. Linebackers get tired. Thats not good for defenses.

UTM Defense: Coach Boone (good name huh App St.) has Dontrel Miller #14 who has a new NCAA record with 5 picks and fumbles for touchdowns. Thats correct. 5 and all for touchdowns. Almost 6 but the Auburn Tigers shoestrung tackled him at the 3 yard line. Remember Joe Lee Dunn defenses. BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ, thus.........Coach Boone. Bends but does not break...........Oh, forgot the two guys who knocks snot bubbles from tailbacks.......Josh Bay#11 and Fale'ofa, Sione #43. Hurts just thinkin about it(Ask Ryan Perilloux)

That EKUFBFAN is your "quick look" UTM report.

disclaimer: Not all weapons mentioned above

ekufbfan
November 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM
UTM Offense: Martin on the other hand has numerous weapons(Not 1 like Jax St) on Offense. Just when you think you have #9 Roren Thomas covered, #19(Ole Miss transfer) Mike Hicks is running your Dbacks to death. Try to cover both of them same play and well.......Jamal Akbar comes out of the smoke. Thomas and Akbar are very quick. Mike Hicks #19 is FBS material and if you see him in person will wonder(Who in the hell recruited that animal) The Auburn fans were yelling at Hicks from the stands "Your damn good #19". About the time you feel like you have all 3 of em covered. BOOM!!THE RUN-By the Memphis Tiger transfer Miquel Barnes #30. A power runner who will test your linebacker corp (Bring extra chin straps). Your Linebackers for sure need to realize its #30 and not the quicker and faster #5 Brandyn Young(97 yard run against Eastern Illinois). Or maybe it will be the Freshman from Hattiesburg MS (Mississippi Dandy Dozen) connection #3 Daryl Bourne(Can turn the lights out and be in bed before they are out). Wait!!...I forgot about #20 Named 2006 Class 5A Region 2 Player of the Year in TN., Trace McDermott who just healed from the first part of the season from injury. Now, THE MAN, who delivers the pigskin and coached by Steve Spurrier and transfered from South Carolina is #12 Mr Cade Thompson. WILL NOT LEAVE THE POCKET. All this behind a line that the AWBURN Tigers could not penetrate for a QB sack all day. Pass Pass Pass Pass RUN Pass Pass Pass RUN Pass Pass Pass RUN. Linebackers get tired. Thats not good for defenses.
Very impressive....
Just one thing, looks like UTM has replaced Murray State as the
new "Transfer U" :)

GO EKU!

Weems
November 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
A "Quick Look at UTM"

Yes, you have a good defense EKU. Yes I do believe defense (in the past) would win a championship(See MaroonDoom). Your linebackers are quick and cover very well on the short pass. EKU intercepted Perilloux 4-5 times? That is very good.

UTM Defense: Coach Boone (good name huh App St.) has Dontrel Miller #14 who has a new NCAA record with 5 picks and fumbles for touchdowns. Thats correct. 5 and all for touchdowns. Almost 6 but the Auburn Tigers shoestrung tackled him at the 3 yard line. Remember Joe Lee Dunn defenses. BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ, thus.........Coach Boone. Bends but does not break...........Oh, forgot the two guys who knocks snot bubbles from tailbacks.......Josh Bay#11 and Fale'ofa, Sione #43. Hurts just thinkin about it(Ask Ryan Perilloux)

That EKUFBFAN is your "quick look" UTM report.

disclaimer: Not all weapons mentioned above

Beautiful

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Watching online so I thought I would post an update. EKU picks it off and scores to go up 7-0. Then they recover a fumble and score. Currently EKU 14 UTM 0 still in the first quarter.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
EKU 17 UTM 0 in the 2nd quarter. EKU gets 3 off of another interception.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
UTM scores but misses the extra point. EKU 17 UTM 6

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
anyone getting audio on OVCTV?

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
anyone getting audio on OVCTV?

I am. It was a little spotty at first, but good now. UTM throws another interception. EKU 24 UTM 6

It isn't looking pretty for the UTM passing game so far.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
OVC ref's are pitiful. Should be 24-0.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Zach Denton Int. He is the man. EKU 24 - 6 Haltime. Thompson picked off 4 times.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
UTM throws another interception with about 30 seconds left in the half. At the half EKU 24 UTM 6

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Should be a wild second half. Time to get another C & C.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
UTM touchdown. EKU 24 UTM 12. EKU blocks punt and runs it back for TD.

I think EKU is hungry!

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
What a ridiculous game so far... it's hardly over the way UTM is moving the ball!

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
EKU's offense needs to wake up or get ready for winter drills. Sad

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
I wonder if we'll see a series with Watts under center?

Coy, Hall, Gathof, Denton... those guys are all having excellent games on defense.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
No. Let's win in ugly.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
Defense is getting winded. Offense needs a kick start.

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Martin at the goal line about to score again... TD Skyhawks.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
EKU 26 UTM 19 Still in the 3rd

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Win or lose are offense scheme needs a revamp. Sorry

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
EKU TD. EKU 33 UTM 19

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Hard hitting game. Thomas is shaken up. EKU step up.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
UTM redzone. Damn

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
In the second half, this UTM offense has been everything it was advertised to be...

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
UTM filed goal.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
In the second half, this UTM offense has been everything it was advertised to be...

I have got to give it to the EKU defense though. Totally shut down the UTM offense the first half. Especially their running game.

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
EKU offense has needed all that help from the defense... I think there have been 6 3-and-outs for the Colonel "O" through 3 quarters.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
UTM has the ball to begin 4th. EKU has played with heart. Win or lose I love this guys.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
We have only 7 first downs. Defense wins championships.

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
We have only 7 first downs. Defense wins championships.

Yes... it does... but not necessarily when it is paired with 6+ 3-and-outs.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
UTM punt to EKU's 6. A long TD drive would be nice.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Defense team deserves a free meal from the offense.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
UTM personal foul. Thanks UTM

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Offense stalls again. Punt to UTM.

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
UTM converts the fourth down to keep the drive alive! 7:33 to go, EKU by 11...

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
UTM field goal. EKU leads by 8

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
UTM field goal makes it EKU 33, UTM 25... a one possession game 6:09 left to play.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
UTM recovers fumble. EKU 33 UTM 31. Point after still to come.

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Will it come down to a field goal again? Just like 2006?

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
UTM misses 2 point conversion

blur2005
November 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Looks like a thriller is going on in western Tennessee.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
First down EKU. Wooooo!

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Huge 3rd down... 3rd and 5!

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
3rd and 4 for EKU at UTM 43. 1:53 left

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Looks like UTM will get the ball back with a chance to get into field goal range and take a shot at the game winner.

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
aaaaahhhhh? What happened? My video just froze!

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
19.7 seconds to go... UTM with a 4th and 10 from its own 45?

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
UTM converts... to the Colonel 37...

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
12.9 to go... UTM 1st and 10 from the EKU 37...

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
UTM first down 12 seconds left. They are on the 38

Skyhawks
Coming down to a field go. 8 seconds left. Inside the 30.

Maroons
UTM to the EKU 26 yard line... are they now in field goal range? 43-yarder from this point.

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
4.9 seconds to go... comes down to this field goal attempt... 45-yard attempt!

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Kicked blocked by Brandon Gathof! The man has had a monstrous game!!!! What a beast!

Skyhawks
November 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
EKU wins. Field Goal blocked. Great game to both sides!

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
What a classic!

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
I love the beast. EKU for life.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
I guess we now make the FCS top 25?

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
I guess we now make the FCS top 25?

Hah... I wouldn't hold my breath. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we're still behind UTM, TSU and JSU! xsmiley_wix

EKUSteve
November 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
We better find some offense before next week or it will be a short stay in the playoffs again.

Maroons
November 22nd, 2008, 03:31 PM
We better find some offense before next week or it will be a short stay in the playoffs again.

Very true... the offense looked a lot like the same offense we saw the first 5 games of the season.

Weems
November 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
congrats.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
I agree. Al Holland sounded a little upset about his performance. I think he will step up next week.

ekufbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Come on guys, lets enjoy this at least for the first hour, lets not rain on the parade 10 minutes after the game is over, afterall WE ARE the OVC CHAMPS again!xnodx

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Sounds good. Hopefully Perry is doing OK after his great pickoff.

EKUSteve
November 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Come on guys, lets enjoy this at least for the first hour, lets not rain on the parade 10 minutes after the game is over, afterall WE ARE the OVC CHAMPS again!xnodx

Understand. Great finish. D never gave up even though they were on the field so much.

Hey, a W is W and a conference championship is a conference championship!!:)

EKUSteve
November 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
The 79 title year hinged on two blocked kicks.

The block of a 19 yd FG against WKU to win 8 - 6.
The block of a XP against Nevada Reno to keep the game tied at 23 to go to OT.

MaroonDoom
November 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Good stat. That was long time ago. Let's enjoy now.

ekufbfan
November 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
The 79 title year hinged on two blocked kicks.

The block of a 19 yd FG against WKU to win 8 - 6.
The block of a XP against Nevada Reno to keep the game tied at 23 to go to OT.

What a ride 1979 through 1982 was. I hope the last two years are building blocks to get us back to where we were then. Such fun!!
GO EKU!!!

EKUSteve
November 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Good stat. That was long time ago. Let's enjoy now.

Just marking similarities of how things seemed to break our way that year. I am enjoying the second consecutive OVC title and number 20 in our history!

colonelblitz
November 22nd, 2008, 09:01 PM
congrats.

Thanks...Tough to say.. Took class...xthumbsupx Classic gamexcoolx

hawkeye
November 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
EKU beat a very very good team. Five turnovers and UTM still in the game? Great job UT Martin Defense. Skyhawks finished with a 8-4 record. Great season. Looking forward to next season. Im tired.

theasushow
November 22nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
eku MAY be rewarded with a trip to Boone.

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
eku MAY be rewarded with a trip to Boone.

And we very well may have to travel to Boone or somewhere else more than likely. In my opinion, we deserve better than to have to travel again, we traveled last year. The OVC champ is put on the road every year and if home field didn't make a difference no one on this board would care where they were sent and certainly would not have spent hours of effort trying to figure out who is playig where, that has been the topic for days. That said, where ever we go, EKU will show up to play. What All FCS fans need to know (even if we get our tails whipped) we have a proud tradition at EKU, our fans know it and our fb team understands it, we won't show up just happy to be in the playoffs.
GO EKU where ever you go!

TTUEagles
November 23rd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Congratulations, from TTUEagles, to EKU! I know you'll be a great representative of the OVC. Congrats, too, to UTM for a great season and again, a tremendous turnaround on your football tradition in the past 3 years. Do well, EKU, and good luck. It's a looooong way looking up from down here in the cellar here at TTU.

colonelblitz
November 23rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
I say we go to SIU..xthumbsupx