PDA

View Full Version : Army, UMass, and the A-12/CAA....

Old Cage
November 13th, 2005, 06:35 PM
The first several posts on this thread might be of interest to some folks here:

http://mb4.scout.com/farmyfrm4.showMessage?topicID=9650.topic

We could not have hoped for a better setting or more even matchup. That was one of my most enjoyable campus weekends ever.

"the Atlantic 10 level of Division I-AA does seem to be a good fit for Army football"

blukeys
November 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
The first several posts on this thread might be of interest to some folks here:

http://mb4.scout.com/farmyfrm4.showMessage?topicID=9650.topic

We could not have hoped for a better setting or more even matchup. That was one of my most enjoyable campus weekends ever.

"the Atlantic 10 level of Division I-AA does seem to be a good fit for Army football"

"The UMASS band of about 250 gave the most thrilling post-game field concert I have ever witnessed at Michie Stadium. The band director was a fella by the name of George Parks who I have known for many years when I was involved with Drum and Bugle Corps. At the time he was the Drum Major of then the World Champion Reading, PA, Buccanneers. A vibrant and exciting on the field performer then and just the same 25 years later as the director and podium leader for the Minutemen Band. I congratulated and shook his hand after the post game concert and told him he hasn't lost a thing over the years"

Not everyone is aware of the great Drum and Bugle Corps tradition in Pennsylvania. They have some great programs and some killer competitions.

The dual UD - Umass concerts at the end of football games is a great tradition In Newark that we will miss for the next couple of years. :)

UMass922
November 13th, 2005, 08:27 PM
The dual UD - Umass concerts at the end of football games is a great tradition In Newark that we will miss for the next couple of years. :)

As a UMass band member (from the '97-'00 seasons), I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in a few of those. The UMass-UD band relationship is a special thing indeed. Whether it was us going down to Newark or them coming up to Amherst, that was always the game of the year.