PDA

View Full Version : Sam Gado-Liberty University

Coastal89
November 13th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Sam Gado-Liberty University had a good game for the Packers today, scoring all 3 TDs for them against the Falcons.
http://images.packers.com/images/homephoto/051113_gado_415.jpg
25 carries-103 yds
2 rushing TDs
1 TD reception

Tribefan
December 11th, 2005, 09:07 PM
He's having a great game tonight as well. Just had a big run for a TD. This guys was third string at Liberty, incredible. I wonder what Maurice Clarett is doing right about now.

Coastal89
December 11th, 2005, 10:54 PM
29 carries for 171 yards

rokamortis
December 11th, 2005, 11:03 PM
I think it is great for Sam - but it seems like they use him as a punchline way too often.

Heard this on the radio the other day ... "The Packers 2nd best offensive player is an 8th string runningback who couldn't even start at Liberty" ... It ticked me off a little to put a guy down who is working his ass off - but then i realized it is more about the Packers and not Sam. Hopefully he can continue his success!

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2005, 12:31 AM
The guy has incredible heart and seems to be very humble and intelligent as well. Sort of the American Dream. Can't help rooting for him.

AppGuy04
December 12th, 2005, 07:30 AM
I had him on my fantasy team the week he scored thrice :hurray:

LacesOut
December 12th, 2005, 04:21 PM
The guy has incredible heart and seems to be very humble and intelligent as well. Sort of the American Dream. Can't help rooting for him.

What in the hell is going on in your sig????

straightshooter
December 12th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Just shows what can be done when a kid gets an opportunity. It's up to them to kick the door in when that opportunity knocks.

The Packers also have former GSU QB Chaz Williams who broke a bone in his let in preseason in a scrimmage against Buffalo. They kept him and placed him on IR, so he's getting paid while in rehab. He was playing RB and the Pack really liked him. My guess is at 210+ lbs. that 4.3 speed got some attention. Will be interesting to see what happens next year now that Gado has emerged.

Kill'em
December 12th, 2005, 11:39 PM
More like the Nigerian dream. He represents what I-AA is all about.

AUCATAMOUNT
December 21st, 2005, 12:07 PM
Gado tore a ligament, according to SI.com, it won't need surgery but he's done for the year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/12/21/truth.rumors.nfl/1.html

Tribefan
December 21st, 2005, 01:04 PM
That's terrible. I hope he can be ready for camp in the summer. I have watched him play several times and he is no fluke. He makes great cuts, but he needs to protect the football better.

AUCATAMOUNT
December 21st, 2005, 01:27 PM
according to the little blurb I read it is his need to cut using that leg and the damage such action could do to the minor tear that is limiting him, not the extent of the injury so maybe we can take that as the upside

AUCATAMOUNT
December 21st, 2005, 01:40 PM
Another link for those interested:

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2005/12/20/5/

Kill'em
December 21st, 2005, 05:17 PM
That's good. I loved watching him run. Next year he will hopefully get competition from another I-AA alum, Chaz Williams. He broke his leg in training camp, however, he must have made an impression because he was placed on injured reserve. Normally, undrafted rookies who are hurt just get cut.