PDA

View Full Version : Who don't you want in your bracket?

Touchdown Yosef
November 18th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Regardless of how the seeds play out and who is actually in the final field, who of all possible teams do you not want to see on your side of the bracket?

One team I don't want to see in Apps bracket is Villanova.

I would however like to see Montana in our bracket so we could face them at home and return the favor of a few years back...

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Regardless of how the seeds play out and who is actually in the final field, who of all possible teams do you not want to see on your side of the bracket?

One team I don't want to see in Apps bracket is Villanova.

I would however like to see Montana in our bracket so we could face them at home and return the favor of a few years back...

Probably App or Elon. one of the advantages of being Wofford is that our offense is hard to prepare for--those teams know how to.

danefan
November 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I have a funny feeling that SC State might sneak up on someone this year.

bandl
November 18th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Richmond and Villanova. Duh.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Just as long as my team doesn't have to go to Boone or Missoula.

I would love to see Montana play in Boone, but that probably won't happen as Weber will probably get the #3 seed and Montana #4.

Grizzaholic
November 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I would love to not see Weber St. on Montana's side of the bracket. Not because I am worried because they beat the Griz this year but because they will get a chance to do some damage on the other side of the bracket and there will be a chance for the Championship game to be an all BSC one.

Grabholdofyosef
November 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Even after dropping 70 on them, I do not want to see Wofford on ASU's side. It's just this funny feeling I have.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Even after dropping 70 on them, I do not want to see Wofford on ASU's side. It's just this funny feeling I have.

Let's compromise to meet in the championshipxsmiley_wix

mtgrizfankb
November 18th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Weber State and Cal Poly. Both high Flyers who at their best have looked impossible. But i think are def. possible to beat. I would like to see one of them play app and the other play JMU..... would be interesting

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2008, 09:06 PM
i'd like to seee UNH vs anyone.... and if it cant be UNH then ABAA

apppackdad
November 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
DON'T WANT TO SEE WOFF AGAIN. See you next year in Spartanburg!xsmiley_wix

yosef1969
November 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Can't honestly say there's anyone I don't want see but I think Cal Poly would be a tough matchup for ASU.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I don't want any part of destiny's darlings, JMU.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
DON'T WANT TO SEE WOFF AGAIN. See you next year in Spartanburg!xsmiley_wix

How about we meet somewhere neutral you know some place where both teams play well say...

Chattannoga?

beauvighn
November 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I would hate to see Cal Poly early. Being an option team they would have an advantage against Wofford that some of the others who never see the wingbone wouldn't have. The art of deception is our only advantage.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Honestly if there is a team I want to play it's JMU, I just want to see how good this team is for myself.

appstate1998
November 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Liberty...because that means a deserving team would have gotten left out for a team that would probably be way under .500 if they played in say the CAA

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Can't honestly say there's anyone I don't want see but I think Cal Poly would be a tough matchup for ASU.

I would really like to see Cal Poly in Boone.

We've already faced two of the best receivers in FCS. Their numbers:

Andre Roberts 6 catches 52 yards 0 TD's (receiving)
Terrell Hudgins 3 cathes 23 yards 1 TD

Together they had 9 catches 75 yards 1 TD. Might as well let Cortez see how he can do against Barden.

Depending on how things go this weekend, it won't happen... but, I don't want JMU on our side of the bracket. I want to play them in Chattanooga for the Big Prize.

siuham
November 18th, 2008, 10:11 PM
if UNI is on our side I'll cry like a woman.

Native
November 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I would love to not see Weber St. on Montana's side of the bracket. Not because I am worried because they beat the Griz this year but because they will get a chance to do some damage on the other side of the bracket and there will be a chance for the Championship game to be an all BSC one.

Ditto.

Native
November 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Perhaps the only truly dangerous team offensively is Cal Poly.

Opposing teams with otherwise good pass defenses will have to stack the box to stop the option - the next thing you know, the Ponies are up by a touchdown!

Weber and others will be able to keep up in a shootout, though - the Cal Poly pass defense is suspect. Their special tams are mediocre, too.

Green26
November 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I would like Montana to play Weber, but would prefer to do it in Missoula because Griz stadium is a much bigger and better stadium, and I wouldn't have to go out of town. I believe UM would beat Weber.

I would prefer not to play Cal Poly, at least in the first round, because we've already played them and it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same year. CP would have extra motivation to beat UM, just like UM would have extra motivation to beat Weber.

I don't think any of the rest of you want to face Weber or Cal Poly in the first round, especially Cal Poly.

Of the other teams, all but the top couple teams are going to have a tough time beating the Griz in Missoula, if the game is there.

I hope UM can beat MSU, and hope EWU beats Weber (only because that would assure UM a seed).

GolfingGriz
November 18th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I would welcome anyone. i would prefer not to play Cal Poly or Weber because we have already played them and I want to see how the Griz could match up against other regions. Not a better test would exist than playing in Boone under the lights.

TXST_CAT
November 18th, 2008, 10:44 PM

Opposing teams with otherwise good pass defenses will have to stack the box to stop the option - the next thing you know, the Ponies are up by a touchdown!

Why do you consider Cal_Poly the most dangerous Offense? They are one dimensional.

Poly Pigskin
November 18th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Why do you consider Cal_Poly the most dangerous Offense? They are one dimensional.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Really? Which dimension are you referring to?

McNeese75
November 18th, 2008, 10:55 PM

xlolx Look again!!!

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/images/Ramses%20Barden.jpg

T-Dog
November 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I don't want JMU on our side as I want them in Nooga.

I would prefer not to face Wofford again. Sure some people would think we would run over them again, but that won't happen. It would be a very close game in my opinion.'

Elon I wouldn't mind as much. I feel if we play them again in the playoffs, we'll beat them handily. The team I want to face is Montana at home. We have unfinished business from 2000. The same goes for Maine from 2002.

JMU DUUUKES
November 18th, 2008, 11:04 PM
like all the App fans stated .... App vs. JMU needs to be saved for the Champ. Last year the NCAA screwed it up and ruined it for everyone, pitting the championship in Round 1, the only team that made App play on their heels, followed by a cake walk through the rest .... not Apps fault, it was ours for loosing too many regular season games

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Cal Poly. I'm fine with any other team except them.

However, if we get TJ back in time for the playoffs, I'd be okay with playing anyone. xnodx

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2008, 11:09 PM
like all the App fans stated .... App vs. JMU needs to be saved for the Champ. Last year the NCAA screwed it up and ruined it for everyone, pitting the championship in Round 1, the only team that made App play on their heels, followed by a cake walk through the rest .... not Apps fault, it was ours for loosing too many regular season gamesxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

I love how some JMU and App fans have already penciled themselves into a Championship game rematch.

How's this? Montana and JMU meet again in the Championship game on an actual decent field (xlolx), and Montana gets payback. xnodxxnodxxnodxxthumbsupx

Or,

Montana and ASU meet in 'Nooga, and the Griz show the world, again, that ASU can never beat the Grizzlies. xnodxxnodxxnodxxthumbsupx

GolfingGriz
November 18th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Cal Poly. I'm fine with any other team except them.

However, if we get TJ back in time for the playoffs, I'd be okay with playing anyone. xnodx

Agreed. Trumaine is crucial to our playoff success. The defensive backs have been playing great and losing him would really put us on our heals.

putter
November 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM
like all the App fans stated .... App vs. JMU needs to be saved for the Champ. Last year the NCAA screwed it up and ruined it for everyone, pitting the championship in Round 1, the only team that made App play on their heels, followed by a cake walk through the rest .... not Apps fault, it was ours for loosing too many regular season games

yea, that 38-35 win over Eastern Washington was a cake walk.

Silenoz
November 18th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Cal Poly

That last playoff game with them was dreadful

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2008, 11:26 PM
yea, that 38-35 win over Eastern Washington was a cake walk.Incoming Appy excuses in
3...............2.................1............... ..

blitz4
November 18th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Wofford wants JMU!!!!

StrikeJMU
November 18th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Wofford wants JMU!!!!

...bring it on. We'll stop at 69 points though out of respect. (don't poke a sleeping lion Wofford)

TXST_CAT
November 18th, 2008, 11:33 PM
xlolx Look again!!!

I don't consider 70/30 balanced. Take away the running game and what do you have. Especially if the Defense is already in the QB's face on the PA pass that every option team loves to use. TXST's DC put together an awesome defensive scheme to shut down a good option team in Nicholls allowing only 238 yrds total offense 118 on the ground. Our defense left their QB on an island looking for some where to hide. Nicholls had to abandon their option game all together. The same Nicholls team put up 274 rushing yrds (312 total) on UCA and 201 rushing (326 total) on McNeese.

*Side Note Our DC started his coaching career when the option was in it's prime.

Turfwar
November 18th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Starting LB D.J. Brandon is back.... thought to be out for the season with an ACL tear during the Richmond Game, he is returning and is already practicing with the team to finish out the season. This is huge for JMU.

I am game for anyone I think our team is clicking nicely, but surprises do happen, anyhow this year is going to be a great playoff. 1 more game, then the fun begins.

asucrutch23
November 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Incoming Appy excuses in
3...............2.................1............... ..

Here's one. EWU was that good. xthumbsupx

Throw It To Ramses!!!
November 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I'm nervous about probably having to travel to weber state for a first round game. i think weber st. is the most underrated team so im hoping for a huge win this weekend in Wisconsin to steal a bid and have that first home game under the lights at Spanos!

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Here's one. EWU was that good. xthumbsupx

On special teams. ;)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 18th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I don't consider 70/30 balanced. Take away the running game and what do you have. Especially if the Defense is already in the QB's face on the PA pass that every option team loves to use. TXST's DC put together an awesome defensive scheme to shut down a good option team in Nicholls allowing only 238 yrds total offense 118 on the ground. Our defense left their QB on an island looking for some where to hide. Nicholls had to abandon their option game all together. The same Nicholls team put up 274 rushing yrds (312 total) on UCA and 201 rushing (326 total) on McNeese.

Please come play JMU. We pass even less (about 20%), and when we do, it is rarely play action. However, JMU is usually good for 1-2 play action passes per game, and they almost always result in TDs. Essentially the same play has burned the following playoff worthy teams for a TD: App. St., Richmond, Villanova, and William and Mary.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off too arrogant, but the phrase, "take away the running game and what do you have" caught my attention. My answer would be: Finesse! xnodx :p

asucrutch23
November 18th, 2008, 11:42 PM
On special teams. ;)

Oh so true, but it's part of the game. One that we can't seem to master xnonono2x

Peems
November 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I don't want to see Cal Poly, but have a feeling we will

McNeese75
November 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM

*Side Note Our DC started his coaching career when the option was in it's prime.

Don't confuse CP with Nicholls xrolleyesx You really need to look at what the results have been from the "30" in their balance xcoffeex

Look what CP did to Northwestern State at their place. The same team that won at your place.

No matter how good you are feeling in SM, The Bobcats would not stop the CP running game and you can't cover Barden.

But who knows, maybe you will get a chance to visit them and find out in a couple weeks.

asucrutch23
November 18th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I don't want to see Cal Poly, but have a feeling we will

So do I. It would be nice knowing one of those two would be out. xsmiley_wix

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 18th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Richmond - we have proven over the years that the visiting team always wins.

Mustang Man
November 18th, 2008, 11:57 PM
But who knows, maybe you will get a chance to visit them and find out in a couple weeks.

You would be looking at some very happy Cal Poly fans if this happened.

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Please come play JMU. We pass even less (about 20%), and when we do, it is rarely play action. However, JMU is usually good for 1-2 play action passes per game, and they almost always result in TDs. Essentially the same play has burned the following playoff worthy teams for a TD: App. St., Richmond, Villanova, and William and Mary.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off too arrogant, but the phrase, "take away the running game and what do you have" caught my attention. My answer would be: Finesse! xnodx :p

Those comments were directed at CP's Option running game and Option pass that option teams use. TXST is a balanced run team and our play action is better than most. Opposing teams players have been quoted as saying they were confused on the play because our play action was so good. Perhaps My confidence against Cal Poly has to do with our most recent match ups. xpeacex

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 12:05 AM
You would be looking at some very happy Cal Poly fans if this happened.

It looks like both our teams have improved since they last played each other. I would like to think the outcome would be the same. xsmiley_wix

GolfingGriz
November 19th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Don't confuse CP with Nicholls xrolleyesx You really need to look at what the results have been from the "30" in their balance xcoffeex

Look what CP did to Northwestern State at their place. The same team that won at your place.

No matter how good you are feeling in SM, The Bobcats would not stop the CP running game and you can't cover Barden.

You dont stop Cal Poly, you just hope that you can outscore them.

uofmman1122
November 19th, 2008, 12:08 AM
You dont stop Cal Poly, you just hope that you can outscore them.Or run it down their throats and keep their offense off the field....

That seemed to work pretty well. xcoffeex :p

slostang
November 19th, 2008, 12:11 AM
It looks like both our teams have improved since they last played each other. I would like to think the outcome would be the same. xsmiley_wix

You mean the same as the last time Texas State came to San Luis Obispo?xsmiley_wix

coover
November 19th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I would really like to see Cal Poly in Boone.
Might as well let Cortez see how he can do against Barden.

Ok, so you've got Cortez on Barden. Now who is going to cover Tolbert?

uofmman1122
November 19th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Ok, so you've got Cortez on Barden. Now who is going to cover Tolbert?I don't think one person can contain Barden. If you want to take him out of the game, you have to have two people on him all the time.

The best defense against Cal Poly is an offense that can keep them off the field. xnodx

Peems
November 19th, 2008, 12:21 AM
No one can "cover" Barden. Barden is the true definition of BEAST, take that Armanti:p

coover
November 19th, 2008, 12:23 AM

Actually, they're not. If you try to stop Barden, there is Tolbert. If you try to stop the pass, Poly has about 6 running backs that will average 6 or more yards a carry. They run inside, they run outside, they run the option. They'll come at you from about 5 directions. One dimensional? No way.

asucrutch23
November 19th, 2008, 12:36 AM
The best defense against Cal Poly is an offense that can keep them off the field. xnodx

Yes, next question? xsmiley_wix

uofmman1122
November 19th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Yes, next question? xsmiley_wixSorry, I should have rephrased that.

The ONLY defense against Cal Poly's offense is keeping them off the field. xsmiley_wix

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Actually, they're not. If you try to stop Barden, there is Tolbert. If you try to stop the pass, Poly has about 6 running backs that will average 6 or more yards a carry. They run inside, they run outside, they run the option. They'll come at you from about 5 directions. One dimensional? No way.

I guess we'll just have to win and see. xthumbsupx

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Sorry, I should have rephrased that.

The ONLY defense against Cal Poly's offense is keeping them off the field. xsmiley_wix

We can do that Too!xnodx

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 12:43 AM
You mean the same as the last time Texas State came to San Luis Obispo?xsmiley_wix

Haven't you heard our team plays better on the road.xreadx

coover
November 19th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Haven't you heard our team plays better on the road.xreadx

Texas State better be about 3 times as good as when they beat Poly in the playoffs a couple of years ago, because Poly's team today would have beaten the Poly team that year by a lot more than Texas State beat them.

Poly has no fear of Texas State, or of anyone. But they sure as heck would prefer to play Texas State over playing tougher teams like Montana, Weber State, JMU, or Appy. Of course, by the time of the final game in Chattanooga, Poly may well have played two or three of those teams.

Don't hope for a meeting with Cal Poly, Texas State, because that will be the end of your season. And that is a guarantee.

th0m
November 19th, 2008, 03:57 AM
I don't want to see any team in any bracket. Can't we just have the damn championship already :p

terrierbob
November 19th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I would hate to see Cal Poly early. Being an option team they would have an advantage against Wofford that some of the others who never see the wingbone wouldn't have. The art of deception is our only advantage.

They, too, are practiced at the art of deception. Would not want to face them. Of course, if we see Cal Poly, it would mean we're in the playoffs; you can't always get what you want.

Native
November 19th, 2008, 06:49 AM

303 rushing + 190 passing = MULTI DIMENSIONAL as well as 493 yards per game average. xnodx

Not many playoff teams have played against or prepared for this type of offense. Which opponents of any of the top 25 FCS teams use the option to such an effect? xrolleyesx

The Mustang weaknesses are not in the offense! xnonox

slostang
November 19th, 2008, 07:31 AM
303 rushing + 190 passing = MULTI DIMENSIONAL as well as 493 yards per game average. xnodx

Not many playoff teams have played against or prepared for this type of offense. Which opponents of any of the top 25 FCS teams use the option to such an effect? xrolleyesx

What is truely remarkable about Cal Poly's offense is that they are so good at taking what a defense is giving. An example of this would be when UC Davis tried to take away the pass Cal Poly ran for 429 yards (Davis was one of the better FCS rushing defenses giving up only 74 yards a game) and only passed for 95 yards. When Southern Utah stacked the box and dared Cal Poly to pass they threw for 410 yards (22 of 26 and 6 TDs) and only rushed for 190.

The Mustang's defense is young and improving. There numbers are not great but are getting better. What Cal Poly's weakness is their kicking game which could be their undoing in a tight game like it did in the Montana game.

That being said, I will just be happy to be in the playoffs. A home game would be a bonus. I think that Cal Poly is capable of beating anyone in the playoffs, but this is the best of the best and they could lose to most anyone in the playoffs if they have an off night. That is what makes the playoffs so great. So bring them on.

AppAlum2003
November 19th, 2008, 07:33 AM
All of this intra-BSC love is going to make me vomit. "No, you have the best team!" "No, you have the best team!"

xblahblahxxblahblahxxblahblahx

Khan4Cats
November 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Delaware.

Otherwise, I don't really care. Our defense is getting better and better, much in part because our offense does play the best defense route. Ball control and grind it out. Defense is giving up less than 230 YPG vs FCS schools, less than 12 PPG as well. Farley says it best.

BearGibson
November 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I don't care who App plays, but I would love to have Montana come to the Rock...

for a good 'ol fashioned ass whoopin'

Houndawg
November 19th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I'm nervous about probably having to travel to weber state for a first round game. i think weber st. is the most underrated team so im hoping for a huge win this weekend in Wisconsin to steal a bid and have that first home game under the lights at Spanos!

I think SIU is the most underrated team. Their D's propensity for big plays in pressure situations doesn't show up in computer models.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Delaware.

Otherwise, I don't really care. Our defense is getting better and better, much in part because our offense does play the best defense route. Ball control and grind it out. Defense is giving up less than 230 YPG vs FCS schools, less than 12 PPG as well. Farley says it best.

Cal Poly @ UNI would be an interesting match-up of contrasting styles.

malibudude
November 19th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Those comments were directed at CP's Option running game and Option pass that option teams use. TXST is a balanced run team and our play action is better than most. Opposing teams players have been quoted as saying they were confused on the play because our play action was so good. Perhaps My confidence against Cal Poly has to do with our most recent match ups. xpeacex

Didn't you get whacked by SUU?

JMUOlejer
November 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Starting LB D.J. Brandon is back.... thought to be out for the season with an ACL tear during the Richmond Game, he is returning and is already practicing with the team to finish out the season. This is huge for JMU.

I am game for anyone I think our team is clicking nicely, but surprises do happen, anyhow this year is going to be a great playoff. 1 more game, then the fun begins.

Just wondering where you saw that Brandon is coming back from what looked like a season ending injury. What is your source?

OLDMAIN80
November 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
How about we meet somewhere neutral you know some place where both teams play well say...

Chattannoga?

I'm inxthumbsupx

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2008, 08:20 AM
[B]

Just wondering where you saw that Brandon is coming back from what looked like a season ending injury. What is your source?

I'd also like a source on that. Could have a big impact on us.

Grizzaholic
November 19th, 2008, 08:21 AM
So do I. It would be nice knowing one of those two would be out. xsmiley_wix

That is not what you should be saying. xsmhx

You should be saying that you want CP in the first, Weber St next and then Montana, that way you can say that you played the best the west had to offer. That is, if you make past CP.

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I'd also like a source on that. Could have a big impact on us.

Okay, so I found it. Reading the story now:

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=33383&CHID=3&sub=

EDIT: Well, I'm not sure I agree with it. It's Brandon's choice, he's an invaluable field general on defense, but I don't want to see any permanent damage done.
And if he's too slow to get to the ball, it's not good.

OLDMAIN80
November 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM
It's not really who I don't want but who I do want:
Montana - Love to have the chance to go 2-0 on them lifetime.xcoolx
Richmond - Atone for the botched snap that gave them the ball on our one yard line last year.xnonono2x
JMU - For the opportunity to smack a particular poster on this board.xeekx
And then App in the NC game. No particular reason:)

Think I'll put this in my letter to Santaxthumbsupx

MasonJar
November 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Sorry, I can't really say that there is a team I don't want to see. However, I do want to see quality football, intense match ups and have a champion decided on the field. With that said, here is my dream run for the Mountaineers this year (not to diss any particular program on or off my list):

xpopcornx
1st: Villanova (a new face we haven't seen)
2nd: Cal Poly (can you say shootout?)
3rd: Montana (can't put the reasons to words. Maybe we can conjure up some snow and see what happens)
Championship: JMU (recent history home team wins, lets go neutral)

Not saying we could/should/would beat all these teams, but if it were to happen that would be some championship run. xhypedx

(And I know there is no way the teams would be bracketed for this scenario to even be a possibility) xoopsx

Black Saturday
November 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM

Weber and others will be able to keep up in a shootout, though - the Cal Poly pass defense is suspect. Their special tams are mediocre, too.

xconfusedx You watch much football?

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2008, 10:05 AM
xconfusedx You watch much football?

No, he's serious. They carry guns.

asucrutch23
November 19th, 2008, 10:11 AM
That is not what you should be saying. xsmhx

You should be saying that you want CP in the first, Weber St next and then Montana, that way you can say that you played the best the west had to offer. That is, if you make past CP.

OK in that case, why don't you go ahead and lose to the Cats and we'll see you in Boone! xthumbsupx

UNIFanSince1983
November 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
It is funny because the teams that I wouldn't want to see are also the teams I would most want to play.

Like:
Cal Poly
App State
SIU

Houndawg
November 19th, 2008, 01:02 PM
It is funny because the teams that I wouldn't want to see are also the teams I would most want to play.

Like:
Cal Poly
App State
SIU

Likewise. I want them, just not early.

Cal Polly
App State
UNI

elon77
November 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I want to see 7 other schools in our bracket and it doesn't matter who because that will mean Elon has been selected. Alot of the crystal balls have Elon going to JMU, that wouldn't be too bad, Duke found a way to beat them.

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Texas State better be about 3 times as good as when they beat Poly in the playoffs a couple of years ago, because Poly's team today would have beaten the Poly team that year by a lot more than Texas State beat them.

Poly has no fear of Texas State, or of anyone. But they sure as heck would prefer to play Texas State over playing tougher teams like Montana, Weber State, JMU, or Appy. Of course, by the time of the final game in Chattanooga, Poly may well have played two or three of those teams.

Don't hope for a meeting with Cal Poly, Texas State, because that will be the end of your season. And that is a guarantee.

I'd love to see our teams go head to head in a rematch. Cal Poly TXST is becoming something of a rivalry all on it's own. And yes we are that much more dangerous this year. Watch the TXST Nicholls highlights if you haven't already to see how our D attacked the option. Half their plays barely made it to the LOS.xnodx

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Again their play calling is 70/30 run to pass. to me that is not balanced. xthumbsupx

Throw It To Ramses!!!
November 19th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I'd love to see our teams go head to head in a rematch. Cal Poly TXST is becoming somthing of a rivalry all on it's own. And yes we are that much more dangerous this year. Watch the TXST Nicholls highlights if you haven't already to see how our D attacked the option. Half their plays barely make it to the LOS.xnodx

We run a very unique version of the option, most of the time people can't tackle us because they either don't know who has the ball or the direction of the play. You think its a handoff left but then Dally rolls right, can either run for 5, pitch it to Noble, or THROW IT TO RAMSES for a first down. Lose lose lose situation most of the time.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2008, 01:43 PM
We run a very unique version of the option, most of the time people can't tackle us because they either don't know who has the ball or the direction of the play. You think its a handoff left but then Dally rolls right, can either run for 5, pitch it to Noble, or THROW IT TO RAMSES for a first down. Lose lose lose situation most of the time.

So the Griz just got lucky?xconfusedx

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Yea its called an option counter. Like I said our DC started his career stopping the option. Trust me when I say you don't want to play us first. xsmiley_wix

Throw It To Ramses!!!
November 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yea its called an option counter. Like I said our DC started his career stopping the option. Trust me when I say you don't want to play us first. xsmiley_wix

Maybe not first, but would love to see you down the line. Because to be the best you've got to beat the best. And if that's you, then bring it on.

TXST_CAT
November 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Maybe not first, but would love to see you down the line. Because to be the best you've got to beat the best. And if that's you, then bring it on.

xnodx xthumbsupx