PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 13 (11/22) Predictions

GannonFan
November 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM
The final week of the regular season is upon us and there are games aplenty that matter in the CAA this week, also known as rivalry week in the conference:

New Hampshire 30 Maine 31: Believe the Black Bear Juggernaut. In the first of two probable play-in games, UNH travels to Orono to take on a Maine team that seemingly hasn’t lost in decades. What was a pipe dream in early October is now a very real possibility as Cosgrove has the Black Bears one win away from the playoffs. To get there, they need to beat a UNH team that just dismantled and sent a UMass team basically home for the holidays. UNH hasn’t lost to Maine since 2002 (i.e. the last year UNH wasn’t that good) and UNH is sporting a 4 year streak of making the playoffs and certainly holds the distinction of being the best program in the CAA over those 4 years (doesn’t hurt that last year was their only first round defeat in the playoffs in that time as well), but that streak will come to an end with a loss this weekend. I see Maine coming up big and getting the win and the playoff spot in play-in game number one.

Richmond 42 William and Mary 28: And that brings us to play-in game number two, as Richmond and W&M square off in the oldest rivalry in the conference. W&M was exposed a bit last week as JMU routed the Tribe in W&M’s biggest game of the year to date. Again, defense was an issue for the Tribe as JMU rolled to 500+ yards and scored at will. Richmond found itself in a close game last week with Delaware’s defense for some time before the absence of UD’s offense helped seal the inevitable Spiders win. W&M can win this game and be a lock for the playoffs – lose, and they watch the playoffs on TV. Richmond is probably the only team in the country without an autobid that could lose 4 games and still make the playoffs, so beating W&M isn’t theoretically necessary, but it would be extremely, extremely unlikely for Richmond to make the playoffs while losing this game. However, I don’t see that as a problem as I think Richmond rolls pretty easily over the Tribe, only having to hold off a late game surge for the victory and the playoff bid.

James Madison 42 Towson 3: JMU still has something to play for in their rivalry game as they need to win to ensure a top 2 (and the homefield advantage until Chatty that comes with it) seed. However, that’s just being technical, because there’s no way on earth that JMU loses this game. I don’t know what nova was drinking last week before the Towson game, but Towson is clearly a top candidate for worst team in the league. And that is even clearer on defense where the Tigers won’t be able to put a dent in JMU’s ground game. Starters are out of the game for JMU by halftime and the only anxiety for the Dukes is who gets put on their side of the bracket that could stop a rematch in Appy’s backyard in Chatty in a few weeks.

Rhode Island 21 Northeastern 28: I will only use as many words as I think there will be people at this game. Huskies win. (attendance: 19)

Hofstra 14 UMass 28: Hard to say if UMass, now that they are out of the postseason, will show up for this game. Losing hard to Maine two weeks ago and then being blown out in the first quarter of the UNH game, UMass is certainly a beaten bunch. But the drop down to Hofstra’s level is a bit much. I think Coen rallies the troops enough to salvage a win and a winning season for the Minutemen.

villanova 24 Delaware 17: The most competitive rivalry and probably the most heated rivalry in the CAA takes place in Newark on Saturday, where the down-trodden Hens close out an awful year while their hated rivals from the Main Line look to potentially get one of the top 4 seeds. UD got throttled by Richmond last week, but on the strength of a real gutsy defense managed to keep the game close if not in doubt until late in the contest. nova meanwhile forgot to show up last week and almost unbelievably choked up a game against lowly Towson. No need for incentive this week, as nova still has an outside shot of a top 4 seed (unlikely and would probably need a Montana loss, an SIU loss, and a UNI loss), but nova is solidly in the playoffs win or lose. These games are always close, and the series is deadlocked even after 40 some years of playing, but the wildcats should prevail over an offensively-challenged but still defensively tough UD team.

As for the playoffs, I see JMU with the #1 seed, nova, Richmond, and Maine as the 4 CAA teams making the second season. Just way too many scenarios would need to happen for the CAA to repeat last year’s record 5 entries. Will wait for the brackets before any playoff prognostications.

89Hen
November 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Last week was ugly for me... worst week of the year. Oh well, 31 for all winners this week...

UNH 31 - Maine 28
Richmond 31 - W&M 21
JMU 31 - Towson 7
Northeastern 31 - URI 20
UMass 31 - Hofstra 17
villanova 31 - Delaware 10

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2008, 03:36 PM
UNH 17, Maine 14. UNH takes the lead late on a Bishop FG, and UMaine drives only to be intercepted by John Clements to seal it!

Richmond 35, William & Mary 34. I think Richmond's the better team, but it's at home on senior day for a terribly underrated QB in Phillips. It'll be tight.

JMU 35, Towson 10. Not close.

Northeastern 27, Rhode Island 24. Maybe they'll finally win!

UMass 35, Hofstra 31. Both defenses are not good.

'Nova 13, Delaware 6. Not a lot of scoring here.

R3TRO
November 17th, 2008, 03:41 PM
UNH 17, Maine 14. UNH takes the lead late on a Bishop FG, and UMaine drives only to be intercepted by John Clements to seal it!

If this is indeed how it plays out... a Growler of any RedHook for you, good sir.

th0m
November 17th, 2008, 03:43 PM
UNH by 3
Richmond by 10
JMU by 28
Northeastern by 3
UMass by 21
Villanova by 21

Ivytalk
November 17th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Maine
William & Mary (upset special)
JMU
Northeastern
UMass
Villanova

MacThor
November 17th, 2008, 04:05 PM
UNH-UM will be close. I've seen Maine live and UNH on the tube and UNH looks better. I know Maine has improved a lot since the 44-17 drubbing @UR, but UNH gets the nod by a TD.

I think the scores are pretty high for the UR-W&M predictions so far. Only two teams have scored > 17 on the Spiders all year. For W&M to keep it close, they'll have to keep the score down, and their Defense sounded awful last week. UR 28-14. If W&M breaks 30 points I will eat a live spider.

JMU 35-14. They coast and rest.

NE in a close one. Unbearable to watch.
UMass goes out with a bang.

Delaware is going to give Villanova a game. Their Defense is fired up and there will be some serious hitting. I think VU pulls it out but it will be much much closer than expected.

BDKJMU
November 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM
The final week of the regular season is upon us and there are games aplenty that matter in the CAA this week, also known as rivalry week in the conference:

New Hampshire 30 Maine 31: Believe the Black Bear Juggernaut. In the first of two probable play-in games, UNH travels to Orono to take on a Maine team that seemingly hasn’t lost in decades. What was a pipe dream in early October is now a very real possibility as Cosgrove has the Black Bears one win away from the playoffs. To get there, they need to beat a UNH team that just dismantled and sent a UMass team basically home for the holidays. UNH hasn’t lost to Maine since 2002 (i.e. the last year UNH wasn’t that good) and UNH is sporting a 4 year streak of making the playoffs and certainly holds the distinction of being the best program in the CAA over those 4 years (doesn’t hurt that last year was their only first round defeat in the playoffs in that time as well), but that streak will come to an end with a loss this weekend. I see Maine coming up big and getting the win and the playoff spot in play-in game number one.

UNH has had a great run the last 4 seasons, but beg to differ on them being the top CAA program 04'-07'. Yes, UNH has 4 playoff appearances, 3 second round, but also look at who they had the benefit of playing in the 1st round for 2 of those 4 compared to who JMU had to play at the last 2 seasons.

04'-07' JMU 4-2 in the playoffs with an NC. UNH 3-4.

04'-07' JMU in the CAA 25-7 (7-1, 5-3, 7-1, 6-2) . UNH was 22-10 (6-2, 7-1, 5-3, 4-4) and that was playing in the weaker North.

Head to head. 06' JMU @ UNH was 42-10 early in the 4th before JMU won 42-24, and JMU won last yr in the Burg 41-24.

Longhorn
November 18th, 2008, 08:49 AM
UNH has had a great run the last 4 seasons, but beg to differ on them being the top CAA program 04'-07'. Yes, UNH has 4 playoff appearances, 3 second round, but also look at who they had the benefit of playing in the 1st round for 2 of those 4 compared to who JMU had to play at the last 2 seasons.

04'-07' JMU in the CAA 25-7 (7-1, 5-3, 7-1, 6-2) . UNH was 22-10 (6-2, 7-1, 5-3, 4-4) and that was playing in the weaker North.

Head to head. 06' JMU @ UNH was 42-10 early in the 4th before JMU won 42-24, and JMU won last yr in the Burg 41-24.

xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2008, 09:03 AM

These points are fair. UNH was not even the best team in the North for a few of those years. In '07 and '06, though, UNH had the brutal JMU/UD/Richmond stretch of games, so I'm not sure the CAA South argument applies completely.

With that said, I'm in accordance with you on JMU.

mcveyrl
November 18th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Those predicting a big JMU win should be cautioned that we have been less than stellar on the road this year. Not saying we haven't played well, we're just not the same team as we are at home.

andy7171
November 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM
There is no way JMU should lose this game, but if there is one glimmer of hope for Towson, it's that this is Sean Schaefers last game. He may go out with a bang. (fingers crossed)

JMU Newbill
November 18th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Those predicting a big JMU win should be cautioned that we have been less than stellar on the road this year. Not saying we haven't played well, we're just not the same team as we are at home.

I agree. I think a 14 or 17 point margin is probably closer to what will really happen. I really think (and hope) we will see the starters come out very early on, possibly by halftime. Then again, I am never surprised with anything Mickey does, so who knows.

wideright82
November 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Rhode Island 21 Northeastern 28: I will only use as many words as I think there will be people at this game. Huskies win. (attendance: 19)

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xbowx xbowx xbowx

GannonFan
November 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM

You can only play who you have in front of you. Also remember, UNH now has 4 wins against FBS schools in 5 years, and only one of those wins was against Army. As another poster said, they did get the heart of the CAA South for two of those years and they had UD as an OOC opponent in '04. And as for the playoffs, well, they got there first of all, and they found a way to win 3 times, including once at Georgia Southern. I know JMU can hang their hat on the close loss to Appy St last year, but UNH can do the same with UNI. And JMU's loss to Youngstown St in '06 wasn't a shining moment - that wasn't a great team and the way JMU lost (YSU couldn't pass all year until that game when they went wild) wasn't great either. As for the head to head, you can argue that the two years UNH and JMU didn't play ('04 and '05) could've both gone to UNH, so head to head only gets you so far when it's not an annual game. Certainly close though.

Dukie95
November 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
As for the head to head, you can argue that the two years UNH and JMU didn't play ('04 and '05) could've both gone to UNH, so head to head only gets you so far when it's not an annual game.

I was with you until you went there. That argument doesn't hold water. You can also argue they could have gone to JMU. In either case, that's a two game swing for JMU in the real world, not the hypothetical one you'd like to consider.

You start off saying you can only play who's in front of you. UNH was in front of JMU and they won each time.

GannonFan
November 18th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I was with you until you went there. That argument doesn't hold water. You can also argue they could have gone to JMU. In either case, that's a two game swing for JMU in the real world, not the hypothetical one you'd like to consider.

You start off saying you can only play who's in front of you. UNH was in front of JMU and they won each time.

Eh, it's still just a 2 year snapshot of a longer time period - like I said, it's certainly close and can be argued well either way.

mcveyrl
November 18th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Are they giving out rings for being the best CAA team since '04??

I agree with GF. It's close, it can be argued either way. My view: It really doesn't matter.

bandl
November 18th, 2008, 10:36 AM

Playing at Towson isn't really a road game though, considering Towson will only bring 12 fans (and that's including Andy7171 and his family). The annoying JMU Streamers alone will outnumber the Towson fans 10,000 to 1.

mcveyrl
November 18th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Playing at Towson isn't really a road game though, considering Towson will only bring 12 fans (and that's including Andy7171 and his family). The annoying JMU Streamers alone will outnumber the Towson fans 10,000 to 1.

And he's Catholic, so that's probably his whole family! :D

I hope you're right on that one.

bandl
November 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
You can only play who you have in front of you.

You can't have it both ways. Either you look at was put in front of them or you don't. If you do, then you look at the fact that JMU and UNH played twice and JMU ripped them apart both times, even with Santos playing. And I seem to remember before the games were played, many people said there was no way JMU could or would win either of those games, 'hypothetically' speaking.

And if you don't choose to play with what is in front of you, then you can certainly spin and skew the statistics anyway you want to.

R3TRO
November 18th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I'm having a hard time seeing how these UNH-JMU comparisons have anything to do with CAA Week 13 Predictions? xcoffeex

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2008, 12:12 PM
ok lets say this. Since 2004 JMU has a slight advantage as better overall CAA team and UNH was by far the best offensive team since 2004.

bandl
November 18th, 2008, 12:14 PM
ok lets say this. Since 2004 JMU has a slight advantage as better overall CAA team and UNH was by far the best offensive team since 2004.

I'm okay with simply saying they are both very good teams since 2004 xpeacex

madisonfan87
November 18th, 2008, 12:57 PM
There is no way JMU should lose this game, but if there is one glimmer of hope for Towson, it's that this is Sean Schaefers last game. He may go out with a bang. (fingers crossed)

I'm actually a little bit concerned about this game for the Dukes. Why? JMU is not good against the pass and that is almost all that the Tigers do on offense. This might be a shootout for both teams since JMU will probably be looking to work on the passing game for the playoffs since its hard to be one dimensional.

madisonfan87
November 18th, 2008, 01:03 PM
UNH (28-21)
Richmond (38-28)
JMU (45-21)
Northeastern (35-21)
Umass (28-14)
Nova (31-7)

andy7171
November 18th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I'm actually a little bit concerned about this game for the Dukes. Why? JMU is not good against the pass and that is almost all that the Tigers do on offense. This might be a shootout for both teams since JMU will probably be looking to work on the passing game for the playoffs since its hard to be one dimensional.

ALMOST!?!

You'll enjoy seeing the "no-back" offense we've gone to the last two weeks.

madisonfan87
November 18th, 2008, 01:19 PM
You guys ran a little bit @ UD when I was there, but had negative yards.

BDKJMU
November 19th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Eh, it's still just a 2 year snapshot of a longer time period - like I said, it's certainly close and can be argued well either way.

The FACTS are that its certainly NOT close and CANNOT be argued either way:

CAA Record:
JMU 25-7 (7-1, 5-3, 7-1, 6-2) .
UMass: 25-7 (4-4, 6-2, 8-0, 7-1)
UNH: 22-10 (6-2, 7-1, 5-3, 4-4)

Head to head.
JMU 2-0 vs UNH
UMass 4-1 vs UNH (including playoff win)

Playoff record 04'-07':
JMU 4-2
UMass 4-2
UNH 3-4

NC game appearances
JMU: 1
UMass: 1
UNH: 0

FACT is in terms of CAA record, in terms of head to head, in terms of playoff record, in terms of NC game appearances, UNH wasn't close to being the top CAA program 04'-07' as you stated in the beginning of this thread. Its close between UMass and JMU. UNH could maybe claim the mantel of being the 3rd best CAA program the last 4 (04'-07') seasons.

UNH fans- not dumping on the UNH program at all. UNH has a good program, and a great coach. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of GF's assertion that UNH was the top CAA program 04'-07'. xpeacex

Sorry for the OT here. Now back to the Week 13 predictions...

GeeWiz
November 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Maine 35 UNH 28 - Dirty Cubs pull out a close win to clinch a playoff spot for the North. The big question is ... is MaineJeff happy that his team from the lobster state made the playoffs or that Cosgrove will probably win CAA Coach of the Year? xeyebrowx

Richmond 41 W&M 38 - Spiders win a close high scoring game

JMU 42 Towson 7 - Dukes gear up for the postseason

NU 28 URI 24 - Huskies hold on for a win to end the season

UMass 30 Hofstra 17 - Umass closes out a disappointing season with a win

'Nova 34 Delaware 21 - Wildcats defeat their arch rivals to get ready for the playoffs

blur2005
November 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
This actually concerns me. Schaefer is a great QB on a medicore (that's being nice) team and all it takes is for his receivers to step it up while he "goes out with a bang" to make the game interesting. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

I'll take UNH over Maine, and I don't think it's going to be that close (I'm still not drinking the Maine Kool-aid because I watched the UMass win and wasn't overly impressed)
'Nova over Delaware by ten or so
JMU over Towson by a lot
Richmond will beat William & Mary by more than many are anticipating
UMass over Hofstra in what ought to be a high-scoring affair
Rhode Island over Northeastern - I have no reason for this, and does it really matter, at least for this season?

andy7171
November 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM
This actually concerns me. Schaefer is a great QB on a *****ty team and all it takes is for his receivers to step it up while he "goes out with a bang" to make the game interesting. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Fixed it for ya! xbawlingx

Spider
November 19th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Spides over Bill & the Old Girl, Nova, JMU xthumbsupx .....

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM
UNH 35 - Maine 21. UNH overwhelms Black Bear defense AND everpresent doubters to head for playoffs for 5th consecutive year!

Richmond 38 - W&M 35 (OT). Close, but no playoffs for disappointed Tribe fans.

JMU 58 - Towson 31. Schaefer bows out in style, but teammates can't compete defensively.

URI 20 - Northeastern 17. Good start to 2009 for young, up & coming Rams.

Hofstra 17 - UMass 14. Coach Brown can't wait for recruiting to start, ....

Delaware 31 - Villanova 28. Ooops, now the confusion starts for the selection committee......

nutterlyattled
November 19th, 2008, 11:40 PM

i think we deserve 04 and 05 with santos and ball... you deffinatly deserve 06 and 07. i think unh has yet to be tested this year, they have given away two games to villanova and W&M if they can play a clean game i think they beat a lot of good teams... this year it just seams they havent been clicking... cant wait for this weekend, see you in orono

jstclmet
November 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Last week 6 - 0, 71/86 for the season with an avg of 83%

On 2/11 I posted the following for HU;

11/22 @ UMass L 0 - 28. UMass wins in a romp on it's way to the playoffs.

UMass will win on it's way to a winning season, but there will be no playoffs.

On 2/18 I posted the following for JMU;

11/22 @ Towson W 35 - 13. JMU finishes strong on what has to be considered a disappointing season.

6 - 5 Overall, 5 - 3 CAA.

I was wrong about JMU. The only disappointment (if you can view anything disappointing) was probably their loss to 1A Duke. Other than that they've had a great season. I'm going to stick with the above score, as I'm going to assume they will pull their starters after halftime to avoid injuries prior to the playoffs.

On 2/25 I posted the following for Maine;

11/22 vs New Hampshire W 24 - 20 UM ends the season @ home over rival UNH possibly eliminating UNH from the playoffs.

Could I have been more right???

On 3/17 I posted the following for NU;

11/22 vs Rhode Island W 17 - 10. NE ends season on a high note with a win against struggling URI.

This may have been a little too easy to call.

On 3/31 I posted the following for UR;

11/22 @ William & Mary W 41 - 35. In a game for the ages, W&M goes down, but not without a fight. On it's last drive, W&M drives the lenght of the field with a minute to go, using up all of it's time outs. As they hurry to the los at the UR 17, Phillips throws a slant pass to the right, caught at the 10 yd line. The W&M WR looks as if he's gonna score the game winning TD. The UR Safety & LB close on him and stops him at the 1 yd line as time expires. Yes, I plagarized this scene from the Titans/Rams Superbowl, but this was the image that came to mind while I was depicting one possible scenario for the game ending drive.

Overall 8 - 4, CAA 6 - 2, This should get UR in the playoffs.

UR would in fact be 9 - 3 if they win, and 8 - 4 if they lose. Nontheless, the win will get them in. Should be a great game.

On 4/21 I posted the following for Nova;

11/22 @ Delaware W 31 - 13. Daddy comes to the Tub to give his end of the season spanking to his wayward child. With a chance to play for a top 4 seeding and a home playoff game, not to mention the new "BATTLE OF THE BLUE" trophy. This one will be over quickly as UD will have no playoff aspirations and will want to get out of the cold quickly. Maybe the OSU QB transfer will be offered up as the sacraficial bird for the holidays

I believe the OSU xfer is now suiting up at TE??? and RS Frosh, LR will now be offerred up as the sacrificial bird. There's always next year and QB's looking to leave 1A and come to 1-AA to find success. Keep the faith UD.:o

andy7171
November 21st, 2008, 10:19 AM
Last week 6 - 0, 71/86 for the season with an avg of 83%

On 2/11 I posted the following for HU;

UMass will win on it's way to a winning season, but there will be no playoffs.

On 2/18 I posted the following for JMU;

I was wrong about JMU. The only disappointment (if you can view anything disappointing) was probably their loss to 1A Duke. Other than that they've had a great season. I'm going to stick with the above score, as I'm going to assume they will pull their starters after halftime to avoid injuries prior to the playoffs.

On 2/25 I posted the following for Maine;

Could I have been more right???

On 3/17 I posted the following for NU;

This may have been a little too easy to call.

On 3/31 I posted the following for UR;

UR would in fact be 9 - 3 if they win, and 8 - 4 if they lose. Nontheless, the win will get them in. Should be a great game.

On 4/21 I posted the following for Nova;

I believe the OSU xfer is now suiting up at TE??? and RS Frosh, LR will now be offerred up as the sacrificial bird. There's always next year and QB's looking to leave 1A and come to 1-AA to find success. Keep the faith UD.:o

I can't put into words how confused this post made me. I have to sit down, I'm dizzy.

ChickenMan
November 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Maine 31 UNH 27
Richmond 35 W&M 20
JMU 44 Towson 14
URI 21 N'eastern 20
Hofstra 24 UMass 20
Villanova 31 Delaware 6

ChickenMan
November 21st, 2008, 11:13 AM
Delaware 31 - Villanova 28. Ooops, now the confusion starts for the selection committee......

UD scoring 31 points??? It's more likely that the Martians will land at half-time in the Tub...

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 21st, 2008, 10:58 PM
UD scoring 31 points??? It's more likely that the Martians will land at half-time in the Tub...

Oops, I forgot to mention, quadruple overtime win for the Hens! :D

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 03:29 AM

who was better JMU? dont be a homer you know that UNH has been the best and most consistant the past 4 seasons.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 03:31 AM
the north was not weeker in 05, or 06

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 03:42 AM
The FACTS are that its certainly NOT close and CANNOT be argued either way:

CAA Record:
JMU 25-7 (7-1, 5-3, 7-1, 6-2) .
UMass: 25-7 (4-4, 6-2, 8-0, 7-1)
UNH: 22-10 (6-2, 7-1, 5-3, 4-4)

Head to head.
JMU 2-0 vs UNH
UMass 4-1 vs UNH (including playoff win)

Playoff record 04'-07':
JMU 4-2
UMass 4-2
UNH 3-4

NC game appearances
JMU: 1
UMass: 1
UNH: 0

FACT is in terms of CAA record, in terms of head to head, in terms of playoff record, in terms of NC game appearances, UNH wasn't close to being the top CAA program 04'-07' as you stated in the beginning of this thread. Its close between UMass and JMU. UNH could maybe claim the mantel of being the 3rd best CAA program the last 4 (04'-07') seasons.

UNH fans- not dumping on the UNH program at all. UNH has a good program, and a great coach. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of GF's assertion that UNH was the top CAA program 04'-07'. xpeacex

Sorry for the OT here. Now back to the Week 13 predictions...

so you would say Umass having 2 playoff Appearances is more impressive than UNH's 4???

UNHFan
November 22nd, 2008, 05:23 AM
Same here JMU is a great team this year! Still love my Cats!

89Hen
November 22nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
31 for all winners this week...

UNH 31 - Maine 28 (28-24) xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Richmond 31 - W&M 21 (23-20) xthumbsupx
JMU 31 - Towson 7 (58-27) xnonono2x
Northeastern 31 - URI 20 (14-29) xoopsx
UMass 31 - Hofstra 17 (28-14) xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
villanova 31 - Delaware 10 (21-7) xthumbsupx

Guys, not to sprain my arm patting myself on the back, but that's pretty damn good, especially going with a gimmick. :)

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
whattt to the top thread 5 in row over jmu and mass is more impressive regardless

BDKJMU
November 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
who was better JMU? dont be a homer you know that UNH has been the best and most consistant the past 4 seasons.

No I just laid out the facts 04'-07':
-Going by CAA record JMU was the better program.
-Going by overall playoff record JMU was the better program
-Going by an NC appearance/title JMU was the better program
-Going by head to head JMU was the better program.

The only thing UNH can claim is better vs I-A and no 1st round losses.
If you think UNH was the better program 04'-07' you are delusional.

And as far as consistency 04'-07' JMU was right there with UNH (best to worse regular season records):
UNH had a 10-1, 9-2, 8-3, and a 7-4
JMU had a 9-2, 9-2, 8-3, and a 7-4

Sorry folks for the thread hijack. Good luck to UR, Nova, and UNH in the playoffs.

madisonfan87
November 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
UNH (28-21)
Richmond (38-28)
JMU (45-21)
Northeastern (35-21)
Umass (28-14)
Nova (31-7)

Rich (23-20)xconfusedx
JMU (58-27):)
RI (29-14)xoopsx
Umass(28-14) xthumbsupx
Nova(21-7)xeyebrowx
UNH(28-24)xeyebrowx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2008, 09:22 AM

And as far as consistency 04'-07' JMU was right there with UNH (best to worse regular season records):

Sorry folks for the thread hijack. Good luck to UR, Nova, and UNH in the playoffs.

You forgot Maine

Houndawg
November 27th, 2008, 09:33 AM

I think they had a first round loss in '07.

BDKJMU
November 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM

You forgot Maine

No, I didn't forget Maine. My post was on Sat, 11/22, before the playoff selections came out. UR, Nova, JMU, and UNH were the 4 CAA teams that were locks to get in.

BDKJMU
November 30th, 2008, 09:33 AM

I think they had a first round loss in '07.

You're right, my bad.