PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Standings

YSUinsider
November 13th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Hate it or love it the underdogs' on top and their gon' shine, until their hearts stop. Go head and envy them, their a payoff team and I ain't goin' nowhere but you already know them.

YSU 8- 3 (5-2)
UNI 7- 3 (5-2)
SIU 7- 3 (5-2)
ILS 7- 4 (4-3)
WKU 6- 4 (4-3)
WIU 5- 6 (3-4)
MSU 4- 6 (2-5)
INS 0-11 (0-7)

I know that there is one week left for some of these teams. I just wanted to say to those of you still playing good luck. For those of you that didn't believe that it could happen, here it is the standings. YSU up at the top.

PMB4Life
November 13th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Um... bad news. They are NOT on top, as UNI takes the tiebreaker over all other 5-2 teams. They received the autobid.... THEY are on top.

Pantherpower
November 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
How'd you guys do against UNI? :)

nmatsen
November 13th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Hate it or love it the underdogs' on top and their gon' shine, until their hearts stop. Go head and envy them, their a payoff team and I ain't goin' nowhere but you already know them.

YSU 8- 3 (5-2)
UNI 7- 3 (5-2)
SIU 7- 3 (5-2)
ILS 7- 4 (4-3)
WKU 6- 4 (4-3)
WIU 5- 6 (3-4)
MSU 4- 6 (2-5)
INS 0-11 (0-7)

I know that there is one week left for some of these teams. I just wanted to say to those of you still playing good luck. For those of you that didn't believe that it could happen, here it is the standings. YSU up at the top.

Great concept Insider but when you post conference standings the conference records are supposed to (key word supposed to) determine where the teams fall, due to the 5-2 tie with you, us and SIU you can place yourselves at a nice 3rd! Thanks though, we will be thinking of you and your worry and doubt going into selection Sunday as we sit back and kick it just wondering who's a coming or where we going as we have already wrapped up a 12th conference title in 21 years (its almost too good to be true isn't it) but not one of those titles that you guys got or the one that SIU has gotten now 2 of the last 3 years (due to some late minute faultering in the DOOM again) but the kind that says you are the number one team in the conference, the one where the NCAA says "hey you must be the best team in the GFC, would you like to come to our tournament?" That kind of title.

I really hope that you guys and SIU choose not to get GFC championship rings, why try to kid yourselves, I have said it before and I will say it again "this is UNI's conference, beat us and you can have it"!

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Unfortunately, all UNI has proved is that they are a "dome" team. Nothing more. Your play-offs record is nothing compared to YSU . Enjoy what game(s) you may get. After that its a loss on the road. Thats what separates us from you. We can win on the road in the play-offs. You can't ( he,he !!)

And the YSU guys are GFC Co-Champs. They'll get rings. :D

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 07:25 PM
And how bad would it be if YSU got a home spot over SIU and UNI; unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised... YSU is a great place to see a game and to SHOWCASE it on ESPN gives me the chills lol.

MiloCat
November 13th, 2005, 07:56 PM
After that its a loss on the road. Thats what separates us from you. We can win on the road in the play-offs. You can't ( he,he !!)

YSU
Home:6-0
Road:2-3

UNI
Home:5-0, still have NAU

What exactly is the difference?

Co-Champs while losing to both of the teams you tied with-that sure doesn't scream "best team in the conference"

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM
YSU

UNI

Co-Champs while losing to both of the teams you tied with-that sure doesn't scream "best team in the conference"

Nothing really.. It just seems like UNI thrives no matter what in the dome; YSU plays well at home and I mean we really didn't play that bad on the road; nor does UNI... Really you played well to finish year; we played well from game 1-8 then game 11.

Killsback
November 13th, 2005, 08:43 PM
SIU will also be getting rings. It is not called the Gateway playoff Champion but the Gateway Conference Champion of which YSU and SIU and UNI are all 5-2. Live with it.

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I will live with it.. The more GFC teams the better. I think we are as good as the A-10 and this year we should get 1 of us near that NAT CHAMPIONSHIP!

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2005, 08:52 PM
UNI guys just can't take the truth. Its not this season's road games -- ITS PLAY-OFF GAMES ON THE ROAD.

We have 4 National titles because we don't NEED A DOME to win in. We win on the road in the play-offs. You don't !!

Chi Panther
November 13th, 2005, 08:57 PM
UNI guys just can't take the truth. Its not this season's road games -- ITS PLAY-OFF GAMES ON THE ROAD.

We have 4 National titles because we don't NEED A DOME to win in. We win on the road in the play-offs. You don't !!

Y'all sound really childish right now.

I have more respect for YSU than any other GFC team....PERIOD. YSU has what UNI doesn't.....NCs.....

I've said that on here before.

Now Pipe-Down and be thankful that you're losses this year were to teams of such quality that you will get an At-Large bid....

PS.....UNI OWNS YSU :D

FlyYtown
November 13th, 2005, 08:59 PM
At the dome you own us; but you pretty much own every team there.

Now no more arguments; we both deserve playoffs. Lets just hope the 9th best I-AA Attendance gets YSU a home game.

siugrad99
November 13th, 2005, 09:03 PM
While the A-10 may not be as deep this season, please don't fall into the trap that they aren't still very very good. The top of the conference is as good as any in the country. While the bottom may not be as strong, UNH & UMass are top notch. I hope the Gateway represents well, we need to make up for the eggs my salukis laid the past 2 seasons :(

nmatsen
November 13th, 2005, 10:14 PM

When was your last road playoff win? Ours was against seeded Eastern Illinois in 2001, our road loss that year 13-1 Montana (nobody ever loses out there) and in 03' was to Delaware 14-0, by the way they only beat us by like 21 which if i'm not mistaken was there closest playoff game they played in!

"what have ya done for me lately Paladin1aa?"

YSUinsider
November 14th, 2005, 06:24 AM
YSU

UNI

I don't think you understand the concept of a confrence. It dosen't matter who you lose to. If you want to look at it this way: You lost to 2 teams (ILS, MSU). Both of which are great teams, especially ILS a team I tought would be there with us. But MSU, another great team the ball just didn't bounce there way, was at the bottom of the confrence with a record of 2-5 in the confrence. While we only lose to the 2 teams that are in the same boat. So we deserve a ring just as much as UNI and SIU.

00bluehen
November 14th, 2005, 06:44 AM
When was your last road playoff win? Ours was against seeded Eastern Illinois in 2001, our road loss that year 13-1 Montana (nobody ever loses out there) and in 03' was to Delaware 14-0, by the way they only beat us by like 21 which if i'm not mistaken was there closest playoff game they played in!

"what have ya done for me lately Paladin1aa?"
Please, a little more respect for the 37-7 drubbing in the Snow Bowl ;)

For the record, Wofford was our closest game of the run, 23-9. Memories...

ysubigred
November 14th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Ugggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!! You all sound like a bunch of whinny beoches!!

This is this year and the only one going to the playoff's is UNI so far!! By the way congratulations to the Panthers!

The GFC has been doo doo in the playoff's the last few years! Let's enjoy and hope for a GFC team (YSU) in the NC game. :D

Good luck to UNI and SIU in your final season game.

nmatsen
November 14th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Ugggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!! You all sound like a bunch of whinny beoches!!

This is this year and the only one going to the playoff's is UNI so far!! By the way congratulations to the Panthers!

The GFC has been doo doo in the playoff's the last few years! Let's enjoy and hope for a GFC team (YSU) in the NC game. :D

Good luck to UNI and SIU in your final season game.

Thanks for your support ysuinbred, good luck to you guys as well. I still think that some how you guys are going to pull a home game out of this too, I have seen the NCAA do the wrong thing too many times for money or people in the seats. Not saying that as a slam, just meaning and 8-3 probably doesn't deserve a home, UNI might get a home as the auto bid but even that is questionable.

Reed Rothchild
November 14th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks for your support ysuinbred, good luck to you guys as well. I still think that some how you guys are going to pull a home game out of this too, I have seen the NCAA do the wrong thing too many times for money or people in the seats. Not saying that as a slam, just meaning and 8-3 probably doesn't deserve a home, UNI might get a home as the auto bid but even that is questionable.

I have this feeling we will be at home in the 1st round vs EIU, than head out to Montana for the quarters...

Paladin1aa
November 14th, 2005, 09:36 AM
UNI has to hope they get a "dome" game. We have won on the road at Montana in the play-offs. Maybe you get your chance, but I have said for YEARS that UNI's problem is that they are a "dome" team.

What is a strenght for UNI in the GFC becomes a curse in the play-offs when you leave "home".

So prove me wrong. :D

Reed Rothchild
November 14th, 2005, 09:43 AM
UNI has to hope they get a "dome" game. We have won on the road at Montana in the play-offs. Maybe you get your chance, but I have said for YEARS that UNI's problem is that they are a "dome" team.

What is a strenght for UNI in the GFC becomes a curse in the play-offs when you leave "home".

So prove me wrong. :D

You are EXACTLY correct in your analysis. I have a strange feeling though, about this team with this QB. Sanders has the potential be the best QB in UNI history and he has "it". He is a huge reason that I feel we might finally be able to win a big playoff game on the road in a hostile environment.

GoGuins
November 14th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I think UNI will make some noise in the playoffs and go deep

PMB4Life
November 14th, 2005, 10:23 AM

So prove me wrong.

Considering Montana is a little off from year's past, this would be the year I would want to take on Montana at home. I'm still not saying I WANT to do it, however...

UNI MadCat
November 14th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Are they pretty decent? Anyone with real insight on this? Or just speculation?

Coming home for Thanksgiving this year and sure would love to take in a playoff game to cap the weekend!!

ysubigred
November 14th, 2005, 11:34 AM

No problem nmasterbater

For some reason YSU seems to go on the road the first round 99 Montana, 00 Richmond. Hell I can understand the Montana trip but the high school stadium in Richmond with 1000 fans watching :bang:

GoGuins
November 14th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks for your support ysuinbred, good luck to you

Hmmm...was that a typo? I know ysubigred lives in KY and all but... :p

Cap'n Cat
November 14th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately, all UNI has proved is that they are a "dome" team. Nothing more. Your play-offs record is nothing compared to YSU . Enjoy what game(s) you may get. After that its a loss on the road. Thats what separates us from you. We can win on the road in the play-offs. You can't ( he,he !!)

But, like SIU in 2003, will always be relegated to "2nd place" status after the real "bid-receivin'" champions, UNI. Like Maris' asterisk.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

LMAO!!!!!!

Also, mark this date, 11/14/05, when some Youngstown people finally took over for Delaware people as the most arrogant, smug piles of dung on AGS. And they proved nothing. UNI softens up WKU so they can pretend to have one quality win in conference........

Cap'n Cat purrdicted all this back in August, men. Ya din't listen.

UNI uber alles!

ysubigred
November 14th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Hmmm...was that a typo? I know ysubigred lives in KY and all but... :p

LOL!! No Go, I believe that these UNI fans are witty. I just live in KY but don't practice the ways of the SE part of the state :)

oldputtytat
November 14th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Paladin.................wrench it down...........I hope your chest doesn't hurt too bad from you beating on it all day!!

P.S. I notice quite a few of the YSU supporters support this site....................

YSUinsider
November 14th, 2005, 01:07 PM
But, like SIU in 2003, will always be relegated to "2nd place" status after the real "bid-receivin'" champions, UNI. Like Maris' asterisk.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

LMAO!!!!!!

Also, mark this date, 11/14/05, when some Youngstown people finally took over for Delaware people as the most arrogant, smug piles of dung on AGS. And they proved nothing. UNI softens up WKU so they can pretend to have one quality win in conference........

Cap'n Cat purrdicted all this back in August, men. Ya din't listen.

UNI uber alles!

Hey cap'n, if you would have seen the way that we played that game, I think many people would agree, YSU played their best ball last saturday. They were hiting hard and scoring on outstanding plays. Go YSU and good luck to all that make in to the playoffs.

Cap'n Cat
November 14th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Hey cap'n, if you would have seen the way that we played that game, I think many people would agree, YSU played their best ball last saturday. They were hiting hard and scoring on outstanding plays. Go YSU and good luck to all that make in to the playoffs.

I'm sure they did, Insider. This WKU train needed to be wrecked, once and for all.

However, to characterize a UNI victory over SIU as only due to the Dome, as poor, uninformed pally does, is plain stupidity. You guys ever play AT Western Kentucky......and beat them? I got pally's Dome team right here...

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

As if Stambuagh is never a benefit to YSU..........

SMFH. Pally and FlyYtown need a timeout. They obvioulsy went to the Delaware Blue Hen School Of Smug Posters

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GoGuins
November 14th, 2005, 01:37 PM
SMFH. Pally and FlyYtown need a timeout. They obvioulsy went to the Delaware Blue Hen School Of Smug Posters

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

YSU is not in the playoffs yet, only for sure if SIU loses their last game. I hope to see the GFC get three teams in but I doubt it. GFC commish seems to think 3 in will happen for sure though.

As for your buds Pally and Fly, don't let them get to you. Pally is a senile old fart who has nothing better to do in his nursing home but spew hatred toward the rest of the I-AA community & Fly is still in puberty posting regularly from his Jr High computer lab :p

FlyYtown
November 14th, 2005, 02:25 PM
YSU is not in the playoffs yet, only for sure if SIU loses their last game. I hope to see the GFC get three teams in but I doubt it. GFC commish seems to think 3 in will happen for sure though.

As for your buds Pally and Fly, don't let them get to you. Pally is a senile old fart who has nothing better to do in his nursing home but spew hatred toward the rest of the I-AA community & Fly is still in puberty posting regularly from his Jr High computer lab :p

You need to talk with Strollo then; we are around #11 of the NCAA's teams.. And we can't drop more than 2 spots this weekend.

I think Gateway finally gets the 3 teams we deserve!

Paladin1aa
November 14th, 2005, 02:55 PM
GoGuins -- you'll need to hide your Michigan sucking butt after this week-end. :D . And stop making fun of my nursing home. The nurses are all young,horny and like Paladin's "talents". :p As for the Capt, he just trying to agitate. He knows full well YSU can't touch the arrogance of Delaware and Georgia Southern fans on AGS.. Thats been well documented for years.

Besides, the UNI crowd hates to hear the truth about the "dome". :nod: No "dome", no win. ;) UNI would lose this year to YSU on our field or a neutral site. Enjoy the dome , boys, while you can. Then its the "cruel " world. :D

nmatsen
November 14th, 2005, 03:11 PM
GoGuins -- you'll need to hide your Michigan sucking butt after this week-end. :D . And stop making fun of my nursing home. The nurses are all young,horny and like Paladin's "talents". :p As for the Capt, he just trying to agitate. He knows full well YSU can't touch the arrogance of Delaware and Georgia Southern fans on AGS.. Thats been well documented for years.

Besides, the UNI crowd hates to hear the truth about the "dome". :nod: No "dome", no win. ;) UNI would lose this year to YSU on our field or a neutral site. Enjoy the dome , boys, while you can. Then its the "cruel " world. :D

Anyone care to do a little research on this I would be happy to see some other numbers for different GFC teams but UNI is 11-6 on the road in the last five years including two victories and no defeats at Stambaugh during by far the weaker two of the five years I am speaking of. Of the last five years UNI has won 3 GFC titles! All 3 of those titles came with more conference games on the road than at home. Until someone can prove me wrong I will say that we have the best road record of any GFC teams over the last five years (maybe WKU) so put that in your pipe and smoke it. I really hope Montana loses to MSU this weekend taking away a seed for Montana and keeping you classless YSU fans at home this December. What am I talking about, the first round playoff game is still in November so you would be home anyway!

Paladin1aa
November 14th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Check your road PLAY-OFFS record, Einstein !!

"Dome" team, "dome "team, "dome" team !! :p :p :p

Cap'n Cat
November 14th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Beginning to think you're right, GoG's. Look at his Dome post just above.

SMFH.............

Then, the neutral site thing.................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey, Pally, ye of the dusty trophies ilk - win a playoff game in this century, will you??

"Besides, the UNI crowd hates to hear the truth about the "dome". No "dome", no win. UNI would lose this year to YSU on our field or a neutral site. Enjoy the dome , boys, while you can. Then its the "cruel " world.

Cruel world? Like Stambaugh? Last time UNI lost there was ___________ .

UNI's record there is ______________ .

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

nmatsen
November 14th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Check your road PLAY-OFFS record, Einstein !!

"Dome" team, "dome "team, "dome" team !! :p :p :p

We won our last road game in the playoffs in 2001 @ Eatern Illinois, how about you? Oh, why don't you check everyone elses road playoff record too, flash yours out there!

Reed Rothchild
November 14th, 2005, 07:51 PM
We won our last road game in the playoffs in 2001 @ Eatern Illinois, how about you? Oh, why don't you check everyone elses road playoff record too, flash yours out there!

How bout YSU's playoff record since Tressel left?

FlyYtown
November 14th, 2005, 08:22 PM
How bout look at our 8-3 when Heacock took over and did he go? No..
Then you saw the Tressel Recruits from 2002-2004; now you see the complete core of Heacock; and its good.

And it only gets better next year with Swogger from Wash State. Irizarry from Ohio State. M. Williams from Michigan State. And 3 more big names from our area I can not name at this time!

YSUinsider
November 15th, 2005, 06:28 AM
My sources, people affiliated with the YSU team, told me yesterday that YSU is in the playoffs as of now. As of now, they will most likely play on the road at one of the higher ranked teams. The team will rest most of this week only practicing on thurs. and fri. Then starting mon. they will resume practice with their regular schedule.

ysubigred
November 15th, 2005, 07:12 AM
My sources, people affiliated with the YSU team, told me yesterday that YSU is in the playoffs as of now. As of now, they will most likely play on the road at one of the higher ranked teams. The team will rest most of this week only practicing on thurs. and fri. Then starting mon. they will resume practice with their regular schedule.

I'm hoping the week off will heal some of the nagging injuries we had. A healthy YSU team will be a little more effective on the road. Although, I just hope the week off don't get them out of sink.

GoGuins
November 15th, 2005, 09:35 AM
My sources, people affiliated with the YSU team, told me yesterday that YSU is in the playoffs as of now.

Didn't we hear this in 2001 also? Then were left out

nmatsen
November 15th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Didn't we hear this in 2001 also? Then were left out

We went though that year with one conference loss on the road and a loss to an 8-3 Iowa State team, winning the conference out right aspiring for a top 4 seed only to be sent on the road to seeded Eastern Illinois first round. They really screwed the Gateway that year. We still made it to the semi's so it was kind of like getting a top 4 seed anyway. I think if UNI would have had that record this year it would have got us probably #2. For some reason the Gateway doesn't get the benefit from the comittee if they have been down for a while (UNI in 2001, and now YSU in 2005) and will not be kind to SIU this year either after losing at home last year in the first round being seeded number 1. They would not have gotten that seed either if they had not won the conference the year before and got shafted by going on the road the year before. They will most definitly give you the benefit of the doubt if you have made it to the playoffs and won a few games 2 or 3 of the past 4-5 years. I am sure that Tressel was the benefactor of some of that thinking back in the day.