PDA

View Full Version : UNH at Maine

Pages : [1] 2

mainejeff
November 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Wow.....football is so big in New England! xrolleyesx

Hopefully there will be more interest in this game by Saturday morning. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

My prediction:

Maine 28 UNH 17

UNHWildCats
November 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Wow.....football is so big in New England! xrolleyesx

Hopefully there will be more interest in this game by Saturday morning. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

My prediction:

Maine 28 UNH 17
xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xlolx xlolx xlolx

mainejeff
November 16th, 2008, 12:11 PM
xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yes???........

UNHWildCats
November 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM
nothing.... theres a crowd of UNH posters lurking with the tar and feathers so I will be quiet :p

jcmanson
November 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM
The Flames will be pulling for ya UNH.

mainejeff
November 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
nothing.... theres a crowd of UNH posters lurking with the tar and feathers so I will be quiet :p

You may want to research Maine's stats during their 6 game win streak before you tar and feather me for my prediction. xthumbsupx

UNH SUPERFAN
November 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
What's the long range weather forecast for Orono on Saturday, anyone know yet?

Oh, UNH- 24, UMaine- 10

mainejeff
November 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
What's the long range weather forecast for Orono on Saturday, anyone know yet?

Oh, UNH- 24, UMaine- 10

35 and sunny.....so far.

R3TRO
November 16th, 2008, 12:47 PM
This is going to be a good game, always is. This week cannot go by fast enough.

KAUMASS
November 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
After watching both teams play UMass, I'd say this game comes down to Maine's defense versus the UNH offense. Who ever plays better, wins.

The UNH offense can be potent from anywhere on the field, Maine's offense is just physical and methodically slow, but they use the clock and move the ball consistantly. I'd rate them equal in strength.

Maine has a better defense. UNH's defense can be run upon, which plays into Maine's strength.

Anything can happen, but I'd give Maine the edge by 3 points at home.

Good luck to both teams.

rcny46
November 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I just think the stats are meaningless in a game like this.The intangibles will decide the outcome,and to me it's beyond prediction.UNH could completely blow Maine away;Maine could totally thwart UNH's offense,and hold them to a couple of scores and physically dominate.Who knows.

mainejeff
November 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I just think the stats are meaningless in a game like this.The intangibles will decide the outcome,and to me it's beyond prediction.UNH could completely blow Maine away;Maine could totally thwart UNH's offense,and hold them to a couple of scores and physically dominate.Who knows.

I think that you are right......both teams have the talent and motivation to win. It may come down to the emotion of game day and who has "it".

UNHFootballAlum
November 16th, 2008, 03:42 PM
It will all come down to momentum. Whoever can sustain it will claim the big prize

UNHFootballAlum
November 16th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I think that will be UNH 24-21

rcny46
November 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I think that you are right......both teams have the talent and motivation to win. It may come down to the emotion of game day and who has "it".

Hopefully both teams will be sky high.UNH will definitely have to avoid mistakes and penalties as much as possible.I think they've had 16 or 17 flags in the last two games,and that can be a killer in a close one.I'm looking forward to a great game-can't wait.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'm rooting for Maine!!!xthumbsupx Because my neighbor went there!

In spite of mainejeff...xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

UNH 40
November 16th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I don't think UNH's defense has been given enough credit. They have played great recently forcing tons of turnovers and converting most of them into points. I actually think we will hold maine to a low point total and be playoff bound for the fifth straight year.

UNH 35-17

UNHWildCats
November 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I don't think UNH's defense has been given enough credit. They have played great recently forcing tons of turnovers and converting most of them into points. I actually think we will hold maine to a low point total and be playoff bound for the fifth straight year.

UNH 35-17
15 takeaways the past three games.

jlcharles
November 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
15 takeaways the past three games.
2 against Nova. 13 in the other two games? That's crazy.

UNHWildCats
November 16th, 2008, 08:34 PM
2 against Nova. 13 in the other two games? That's crazy.
Average 3.1 per game.

R3TRO
November 16th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I think without the threat of the pass, not saying they can't pass just not as much of a threat as Coen, they can focus more on the run and pack the box. My prediction is a good game.

smcwildcat
November 16th, 2008, 10:07 PM
agreed must stop the run and we can win

art vandelay
November 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
agreed must stop the run and we can win

I hate your wording. you say "we can win" as if it is somehow unlikely.
more like stop the run and maine is in big trouble, or we will win, or something thats shows confidence.

Jackman
November 16th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Let's go, dirty cubs!

I'm getting on the bandwagon early for your triumphant run through the playoffs!

T-Dog
November 17th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Maine is probably the most surprising FCS team in the nation this year besides Weber St. In the conference they're in, who would have though they would be in this position at the end?

Despite my criticisms of UNH, I think they'll put it out and Maine dream ends. The CAA gets four teams in (UNH, JMU, Nova, W&M/UR winner)

UNHFootballAlum
November 17th, 2008, 02:00 AM
If UNH's D can get off the field on 3rd downs, they will win this game. That will be critical

OxSoxUNH05
November 17th, 2008, 06:37 AM
TURNOVERS are going to be a huge key to this game. UNH's D has been generating turnovers like crazy the last few games.

Last week on the first UMass drive, if we don't pick that ball its 7-3 instead it was 10-0 UNH and the drubbing began.

That being said, if the team that showed up last week shows up in Orono than sorry Maine better luck next year!

Cobblestone
November 17th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I was impressed with Maine's Jared Turcotte. He ran all over us last Saturday. This will be a great game between two northern New England rivals. There is plenty to play for and plenty of emotion on the line. With rivalry games you can usually throw the record book out the window. This one could go either way.

Bottom line for me, I'm just happy to see two former Yankee Conference programs doing this well. Kind of makes me wonder if we'll ever get there.

ccd494
November 17th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Maine is probably the most surprising FCS team in the nation this year besides Weber St. In the conference they're in, who would have though they would be in this position at the end?

Despite my criticisms of UNH, I think they'll put it out and Maine dream ends. The CAA gets four teams in (UNH, JMU, Nova, W&M/UR winner)

If Maine wins, can we get separated out from the CAA as a whole in your signature? :D

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2008, 10:47 AM
The hard nose running game of Maine will be the difference.

WHAT A SURPRISE! Go do something else than pick UNH to lose every week.

UNH SUPERFAN
November 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Anyone hear anything about possible TV coverage? This seems like a natural for NESN.

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
First of all, congratulations to Maine on their improbable run to make this a game. They have a ton of momentum.

This game concerns me because I think Brusko is a lot like Whitney of Villanova. He does not make mistakes with the ball and he can take the ball and run it himself. He's completing almost 70% of his passes and has a QB rating approaching 200. Maine has five players with over 300 yards rushing, including Brusko. UNH, generally, has been able to contain inside running attacks (though struggled with Nelson against UMass), but what concerns me is their ability to contain Brusko moving to the outside or keeping on the inside. UNH has been burned tons of times by having good coverage but not being able to get to the QB.

The keys to the game:

1. Score touchdowns. UNH was in the RZ a ton of times against 'Nova but couldn't cash in. Maine will run the clock down and control possession, so UNH needs to get the most of their possessions.

2. Avoid penalties. The penalties the last few weeks have killed us.

3. Keep Brusko to the inside. If he can continually get 4 or 5 yards on potential throws that fail, that will kill UNH's chances.

Good luck to both teams. HUGE GAME.

bainsey
November 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I haven't been this pumped for football game in a long time.

Wren, I think you nailed it. I don't expect a lot of turnovers either way, and these programs know each other too well to be surprised. Both will come out fired up, so it will all be a matter of execution.

Get out The Musket, and let's get it on!

R3TRO
November 17th, 2008, 12:57 PM
WHAT A SURPRISE! Go do something else than pick UNH to lose every week.

No let him... he becomes an easy target after the fact. :D

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I haven't been this pumped for football game in a long time.

Wren, I think you nailed it. I don't expect a lot of turnovers either way, and these programs know each other too well to be surprised. Both will come out fired up, so it will all be a matter of execution.

Get out The Musket, and let's get it on!

bainsey, two things.....

$5.00 GA tickets, good idea, how are the sales going?

Is tailgating no longer allowed in the North parking lot (behind the scoreboard)?

OxSoxUNH05
November 18th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Unfortunately no buzz about TV coverage? Like a previous poster said, you'd think NESN would be all over this? Guess they don't care if it's not hockey east?

R3TRO
November 18th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I know its early in the week but you can't help but think about the injured players and hope for the best. Anyone hear any leaks on whether Jellison will be ready for this game and if Sicko's shoulder is a serious injury? To have all three of our backs (Simpson, Kackert, & Jellison) for this Maine game would be awesome! It wouldn't hurt to have Sicko back either.

santosballnewhampshire
November 18th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I know its early in the week but you can't help but think about the injured players and hope for the best. Anyone hear any leaks on whether Jellison will be ready for this game and if Sicko's shoulder is a serious injury? To have all three of our backs (Simpson, Kackert, & Jellison) for this Maine game would be awesome! It wouldn't hurt to have Sicko back either.

So far, Sicko is ready to go, but will not be at a complete 100%

bainsey
November 18th, 2008, 10:13 PM
$5.00 GA tickets, good idea, how are the sales going?

Is tailgating no longer allowed in the North parking lot (behind the scoreboard)?

Haven't heard about sales. All I know is I paid full price for an adult and youth ticket last week, so I'm looking for a voucher of some sort!

There's still a tailgating section in that area, but it's not right up against the fence anymore. It's on the other side of the parking lot, which is still pretty accessible to everything.

And it's official, the game will not be televised. Apparently, all TV stations are already committed. Personally, I'm not bothered by that, as we need all the fans that we can get!

tingly
November 18th, 2008, 10:38 PM
WABI didn't pick it up because their airing the state championship games.

ccd494
November 19th, 2008, 08:13 AM
There is a tab on the schedule on goblackbears to watch online. Is that their free service that they use for like women's hockey and volleyball games?

I note it is also next to the hockey games against Merrimack this weekend, are those WABI games?

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Any Maine AGSers going to this game?

Minuteman87
November 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Good luck to both teams. I don't have any particular allegiance to either school, but I think I am leaning a bit toward Maine since they have been success-starved the past few years. Either way, we NEED a YanCon team in the playoffs!

PapaBear
November 19th, 2008, 04:54 PM

I will be there to tailgate and root my a## off for the Black Bears!

Can't wait. I'd be in line NOW if I didn't think the Orono cops would bag me for loitering.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I will be there to tailgate and root my a## off for the Black Bears!

Can't wait. I'd be in line NOW if I didn't think the Orono cops would bag me for loitering.

Good idea by Maine with the $5 tickets.....lets hope they fill they place up!

I'll be there with about 40 other Southern Mainers. Many UMaine grads and a couple former UMaine players. This day they'll be pulling for the Wildcats. We'll be in the lot at the scoreboard end. We'll be the guys with the Cat Club banner!!! If you see us stop buy.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'll swing by assuming I get there at a reasonable hour!

Terrified already.

bainsey
November 19th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Absolutely! I'll stop by at some point, YC.

By the way, the ticket office is coming through for me with some hoop tickets (3-0 start... first time in 37 years!). Nice gesture on their part.

santosballnewhampshire
November 20th, 2008, 07:42 PM
just looked at the weather, it's gonna be pretty cold up in Orono

19Duke97
November 20th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Good idea by Maine with the $5 tickets.....lets hope they fill they place up!

I'll be there with about 40 other Southern Mainers. Many UMaine grads and a couple former UMaine players. This day they'll be pulling for the Wildcats. We'll be in the lot at the scoreboard end. We'll be the guys with the Cat Club banner!!! If you see us stop buy.

If they can't fill the stadium for agame like this, then they just can fill the stadium. A rivalry game with a playoff berth on the line - what else could you want???? Good luck to both teams in playing the best they can, may the best team win.

UNHlund
November 20th, 2008, 09:17 PM
just looked at the weather, it's gonna be pretty cold up in Orono

Partly Cloudy, 28 degrees

At least it should be clear. I don't think rain/snow would help the Wildcats much.

rcny46
November 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Welcome to Any Given Saturday! It's always good to see another UNH fan joining the group.The California players are going to love those weather conditions.

UNHlund
November 20th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome to Any Given Saturday! It's always good to see another UNH fan joining the group.The California players are going to love those weather conditions.

I'm sure. I don't think RJ has thrown a pass in under 40 degree weather in his life.

Thanks for the welcome!

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Apparently Jellison and Sicko will both be back for this week, which looks to be a big help. Droesch is still out.

rcny46
November 20th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I read something,somewhere today that seemed to indicate that Josh Droesch could be back by the time the playoffs begin.That would be a big help if UNH makes it.The O line played well last week I thought.If Scott Sicko isn't 100%,Chris Jeannot is a quality backup.As far as Sean Jellison is concerned,he compliments Kackert and Simpson in the backfield,and adds another dimension to the running game.

smcwildcat
November 20th, 2008, 10:19 PM
o yeah baby all guns are runningg if i have a corny powerpoint made for the maine game how could I send you guys the link?

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I'd imagine you could PM us for our email addresses and then email us. That'd probably work best. Will you be heading to the game, SMC?

mainejeff
November 20th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Partly Cloudy, 28 degrees

At least it should be clear. I don't think rain/snow would help the Wildcats much.

It should be noted that Durham, NH will be 32 and partly cloudy just in case people think that Orono weather is so much worse.......xrolleyesx

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Heh, fair. What annoys me about the drive to Orono is that there seems to be literally nothing between Portland and Orono. What a painful drive.

SOCAL
November 20th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I'm sure. I don't think RJ has thrown a pass in under 40 degree weather in his life.

Thanks for the welcome!

Except for the past 3 years at this time in Durham during practice :)

bainsey
November 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
What annoys me about the drive to Orono is that there seems to be literally nothing between Portland and Orono. What a painful drive.

That's nothing, Wren. Try driving NORTH of Orono. I-95 goes for another two hours, and after an hour you're getting into a 25-mile stretch without an exit. At least everything between Portland and Orono is populated.

Just find a good radio station or two on your way up, and once you hit the metropolis of Bangor, you know you're almost there.

smcwildcat
November 21st, 2008, 12:06 AM
I'd imagine you could PM us for our email addresses and then email us. That'd probably work best. Will you be heading to the game, SMC?

no i wont unfortunetly... im at school too far away whats your email?

UNHFan
November 21st, 2008, 06:04 AM
UNH try to cut back on dumb dumb!! Mistakes they win 38-20 If this is a close game Maine 24-21 If I see a "Only 6 men on the line flag" 1 more time I am going to jump through the screen and strangle someone!! lol Man for man the UNH has the talent so guys lets play the way we can!

BlackBear
November 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Update on the weather:

High: 29 degrees
Windchill 15 degrees
Breezy: 10 - 20 mph

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Cat Fan
November 21st, 2008, 10:38 AM
Apparently Jellison and Sicko will both be back for this week, which looks to be a big help. Droesch is still out.

From the Seacoastonline:
Health check

The Wildcats expect to bring nearly a full complement of players to Orono. The only question mark is tight end Scott Sicko, who sat out last week with chest and shoulder injuries and is questionable.

Sicko practiced on Tuesday and Wednesday with limited contact. He is the team's second-leading receiver with 39 catches for 469 yards, and a key blocker in the running game.

"You don't know how the chest is going to hang in there," said McDonnell. "We're hoping."

Defensive tackle Jordan Long (ankle) and tailback Sean Jellison (concussion) have both been cleared to go. Offensive tackle Josh Droesch is out for at least another game after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his knee last week.

UNH Fanboi
November 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately no buzz about TV coverage? Like a previous poster said, you'd think NESN would be all over this? Guess they don't care if it's not hockey east?

Yeah, so I guess this isn't happening if we haven't heard anything yet? Looks like I'll be listening on Yahoo radio again.

SOCAL
November 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah, so I guess this isn't happening if we haven't heard anything yet? Looks like I'll be listening on Yahoo radio again.

Check http://goblackbears.cstv.com/index-main.html

They will have internet coverage

smcwildcat
November 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM
i like how ur site says countdown to tipp off....football vs unh haha

smcwildcat
November 21st, 2008, 01:16 PM
thats not tv right?

ccd494
November 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM
thats not tv right?

If I understand correctly, it is a single camera with the radio broadcast. Kinda like what would be on a videoboard in the stadium, if Maine had one, maybe.

ccd494
November 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM
If I understand correctly, it is a single camera with the radio broadcast. Kinda like what would be on a videoboard in the stadium, if Maine had one, maybe.

Disregard. This option is the Maine All Access Channel. $80 annually.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2008, 08:15 PM
I can take it, anyway UNH looked good against Mass last week, they have come a long way from the Rhody game, but I still think Maine has the momentum,and will be able to run the ball well in the cold.xthumbsupx

xcoffeex

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 21st, 2008, 10:54 PM
UNH 35, UMaine 21. Not even Villanova stopped UNH offense; the 'Cats shot themselves in the foot over and over, .....

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:00 AM
This link should bring us the single cam coverage better than nothing.
scroll down about half way and the link is there,

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

OxSoxUNH05
November 22nd, 2008, 03:45 AM
Sorry Cat Fan, not seeing it on the page. Oh well. Who's freaking psyched for this one. Wife is finishing up getting ready and we'll be on the road for Orono. Day trip up and back after the game!
I'm just slightly nuts :)

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
Same for me. Leaving in about 10 minutes. GO CATS!

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
This is it! For all the marbles... GO CATS!

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
Might as well be the 1st round of the playoffs, as the winner will be in the big show, loser stays home

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
This link should bring us the single cam coverage better than nothing.
scroll down about half way and the link is there,

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Would this load for anyone?

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
How many people are there, and how is the weather?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Beautiful day in Orono! My tailgate buddies inform me it's about 25 degrees with a 15 MPH wind in snow!! They're expecting 2-4" of snow.

UNH wins the coin toss and elects to recieve. Sicko is starting.

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Cold, windy and snowy.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Kackert busts a 46 yard run for a TD. UNH goes up 7-0.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
7-0 cats 46 yard run by Kackert

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
wtf penalty?

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Stupid unsportsman penalty right out of the gate, the one thing UNH needed to do is cut down on the penalties and they give Maine midfield position xmadx

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
th down and punting UNH on own 6

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
1st and ten Cats from their own 8

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
comnnn simpson big game today grind it out

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
15 yard personal foul on maine

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Nice penalty Maine we'll take that first

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Kackert fumbles, Maine gets it!

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
fumble kackert

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
xshakingmadx fumble ,personal foul WTF

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Signs your school is not a football school: your crowd is louder when your team has the ball.

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Touchdown Maine! Brown!

UNHFan99
November 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
score?

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
howmuch snow is on the field

UNH_Alum_In_CT
7-7

smcwildcat
7-7

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
howmuch snow is on the field

Radio men said 1 inch

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
how much snoww is on fieldd

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Radio men said 1 inch

Blowing around though.

What's the over/under on pass attempts today? Mine is 0.

smcwildcat
thanks

ccd494
Blocked punt! Maine gets FANTASTIC field position!

Old Cat Fan
Blocked punt Maine ball on the UNH 15

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
blucked punt maine ball

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
30 yard field goal for Maine, Waxman's first career FG!

10-7 Maine

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Wow, a forward pass, complete to Sicko, and toss on 15 yards for the facemask.

UNH around the Maine 25.

End 1. 10-7 Maine.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Sicko back,

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
fresh kicker field goal good 10-7

UNH_Alum_In_CT
30 yard field goal for Maine, Waxman's first career FG!

10-7 Maine

I've haven't liked the karma today since I heard the weather report!! :D

Holy crap, UNH just attempted and completed their first pass for a good gain. Tack on a facemask personal foul for 15 more. Ball on the 27. End of the 1st quarter. Wind now goes to UNH's favor.

smcwildcat
good to pass finalllyyyy jesus

smcwildcat
i sick of unh radio guys im listening to maines i would suggest that to unh fan aswell

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
i love chad kackert

Old Cat Fan
TD Kackert

ccd494
Kackert with an 18 yard TD.

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
def maine adio guys.... kackert TDDDD 14-10

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
sounds like if UNH can get rid of dumb mistakes they can win this one going away but they cant let this team hang around.

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Maine fumbles return UNH ball

Old Cat Fan
i love chad kackert

Wildcat where you been Thought you may have been on the frozen tundra up there in Maine xlolx

ccd494
That may be the ball game.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
i sick of unh radio guys im listening to maines i would suggest that to unh fan aswell

Never!! :p :D :D

I like Jim Jeannotte. His usual color guy, Mike Murphy, is not at the game today. The SID, Scott Stapin, is doing color today and I don't think he's normally a radio guy.

charliej
Video feed not working...anyone have an audio link?

ccd494
Or not, Belcher gets Toman in the backfield for a big loss.

Maine audio: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/268.0/popup/index.php?rn=9033886&ch=9267524&cl=9267750

UNHWildCats
had to go out for a bit earlier

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/268.0/popup/index.php?rn=9033886&ch=9555259&cl=9555400

charliej
November 22nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Or not, Belcher gets Toman in the backfield for a big loss.

Maine audio: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/268.0/popup/index.php?rn=9033886&ch=9267524&cl=9267750

Thx!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
Wildcat where you been Thought you may have been on the frozen tundra up there in Maine xlolx

You can't be serious! Travis didn't even go to games at Hofstra or Army, close to his residence, why would you think he'd be in Orono? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Old Cat Fan
OK another personal foul Coach Mac better chew these guys out at the half

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
UNH's punter is a theater major?

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
what a wierd game.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
That may be the ball game.

Yee of little faith!! ;) :D :D :D

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
You can't be serious! Travis didn't even go to games at Hofstra or Army, close to his residence, why would you think he'd be in Orono? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

No not serious thats what the LOL---> xlolx was meant to get across xnodx

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Four personal fouls in this half.Absolutely pathetic.

art vandelay
what is with this team and penalties. they need to just start taking these guys out. they are killing us right now.

UNHWildCats
well sorry for having no money or transportation :(

smcwildcat
stupid play hugooo GD

WSBE
Did anyone pay for the live web feed like I did for $9.95 & the video link is saying "unavailable"?

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
wth personal fouls

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
No not serious thats what the LOL---> xlolx was meant to get across xnodx

I wasn't sure because a lot of people on AGS erroneously think Travis is a loyal attendee at our Wildcat games.

I feel terrible that I'm not in Orono today with my tailgate buddies but I'm in Florida on a 16th annual family vacation. Saw the first nine games in person before leaving though.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
stupid play hugooo GD

No kidding, they had Maine stopped deep and punting into that wind without the penalty! xmadx xmadx xmadx

Hoyadestroya85
November 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
what's the score?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
what's the score?

14-10 UNH

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
is UNH with the wind or?

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
the flag bowl

charliej
November 22nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
the flag bowl

yeah...sounds like an ugly game xeyebrowx

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Maine gives the Cats another 15 yards with a face mask, both teams just giving this game away to each other.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
is UNH with the wind or?

Yes, UNH has the wind this quarter.

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
wthhhh this is the wierdest game

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I wasn't sure because a lot of people on AGS erroneously think Travis is a loyal attendee at our Wildcat games.

I feel terrible that I'm not in Orono today with my tailgate buddies but I'm in Florida on a 16th annual family vacation. Saw the first nine games in person before leaving though.
lol if they looked at game threads each week they would know im not.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Snow blowing , lights on the field. sounds like their playing in another time zone nice and sunny here close to Durham :)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
wthhhh this is the wierdest game

Kind of expected in 25 degrees with a 15 MPH wind on a snow covered field with snow falling!! :p xrotatehx xlolx xlolx

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Who gets the ball in the second half?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Snow blowing , lights on the field. sounds like their playing in another time zone nice and sunny here close to Durham :)

Where's Jeff to tell us how similar the weather in Durham is to Orono? ;) :p :p :p xrotatehx xrotatehx xwhistlex xwhistlex

Just kidding!!

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:16 PM

The University of Maine.

UNH_Alum_In_CT

Maine

Old Cat Fan

Bad guys :)

smcwildcat
half time 14-10

Eaglegus2
November 22nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
UNH 14

Maine 10

Halftime

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Did anyone pay for the live web feed like I did for $9.95 & the video link is saying "unavailable"?

No I didn't I was pissed off enough that the link I gave came up blank. I think they are doing a high school game instead xmadx

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
No I didn't I was pissed off enough that the link I gave came up blank. I think they are doing a high school game instead xmadx

Yeah WABI is doing the high school state championship games today.

None of the Portland channels had any interest in broadcasting them and letting WABI just pick up their feed, so they had to send all their equipment down to Portland, leaving nothing for Orono, is my understanding.

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Alright, lets get this show on the road... the anticipation is too much.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
well sorry for having no money or transportation :(

Well, next year when the game is at Hofstra and you can't afford the public transportation to Hempstead, make some friends with members of the NYC chapter of the UNH Alumni Association. I'm pretty sure one of them whould give you a ride. Last year, they brought the Class of '59 alum back to wherever you catch the shuttle to JFK. They were a young bunch of folks, very friendly.

Check with one of the die hards, we might even have a ticket available. Restraint on predictions and comments about UNH would be a good idea. ;) :p :p

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Need to get the ball in Sicko's hands more

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Maine has thrown zero passes, I only remember two for UNH?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Plowing the field off right now. Maine gets the ball. UNH chose to kick into the wind in order to have the wind in the fourth quarter.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
2nd half is underway!!!

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
And there's 1 for 1 on the day for Brusko, big pass to Turcotte!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Maine throws their first pass and it's a long gain.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Maine has thrown zero passes, I only remember two for UNH?

make that one, big gain

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
What was that play?

Maine brought out the punter in a "muddle huddle" and throws a 13 yard pass? Okay.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
So radioman smells fake punt but the team can't xeyebrowx

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
TOUCHDOWN MAINE! BRUSKO ON THE 1 YARD PLUNGE!

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
So radioman smells fake punt but the team can't xeyebrowx

Well, teams do often punt on the opponent's 25.

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Stupid penalties! xnonono2x

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
John Clements runs the kick back to midfield but of course their is a holding penalty on UNH and the ball will be on their own 22.

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
im beyond mad about penaltys

smcwildcat
stop the flagsssss

UNH_Alum_In_CT
Chris Jeannot catches a bomb, wrestling it away from a Maine defender. UNH in Maine territory.

ccd494
I don't know if there are any other Mainers following this (probably either in Orono or Portland), but Class B state final:

Mountain Valley 52
Morse 7

Class C up next.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Simpson the snowplow

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Phew, Toman misses a wide open Kackert

UNH_Alum_In_CT
Well, teams do often punt on the opponent's 25.

That doesn't happen too often by UNH.

R3TRO
TD CATS.. NICE

ccd494
TD Toman to Boyle

Ugh, can we get the snow back?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
29 yard TD pass to Boyle!!

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Nice play, 21-17 cats xnodx xnodx

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
boyllle bbay

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Need a big stop here!!! C'mon D

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Atta boy Jackson!!!

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Good defensive stance, now no turnovers or stupid penalties

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
is it me or sould boyle be grabbing those punt rollers

ccd494
SAFETY!!! PIRUCELLO GETS TOMAN!

Old Cat Fan
boo birds going crazy

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Never mind, spotted on the 1 yard line, radio guys are incensed.

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
unh punt maine ball on unh30

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
hahha no saftey relax

R3TRO
Need a turnover....

UNH_Alum_In_CT

UNH radio guy thought it was a safety too.

Old Cat Fan

UNH radiomen were shocked that the refs didn't give maine the 2

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-maine.html working now

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
UNH radio guy thought it was a safety too.

Couldn't see it... can't comment on it xrolleyesx

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:05 PM

That looks miserable.

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 01:05 PM
wow didnt thik it as that bad

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM

Beautiful thanks for not giving up like i did works for me xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

charliej
November 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Kewl!:D

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Awesome. Wish there was audio, but beggars can't be choosers!

TOUCHDOWN!

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
im atch it live on that link

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
That looks miserable.

yea it's basically a camcorder feeding the net but we can see now, footing looks terible looks like another world

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Maine audio is two plays behind.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
can't see it snowing but it is

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Despite a good return and a Maine penalty, UNH does nothing and punts.

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Maine apparently put in a bid to host next week. Don't really see that happening, but nice that they tried.

JMU-MRD-DAD
Score....time left...

ccd494
End 3

Maine 24
UNH 21

UNH_Alum_In_CT
End of the 3rd, Maine 24-21.

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
God I love penalties..

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
UNH has Maine stopped deep AGAIN and commits another personal foul(face mask).

biobengal
November 22nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
can't see it snowing but it is

It's quit snowing... wind is still blowing.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
unbelievable. this is just amazing.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 01:20 PM
if they lose im not going to feel bad at all. i am so sick of seing this team give up stupid penalties.

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
I can't listen to this anymore-just too damn discouraging with all these penalties and giving the other team more chances.Another Maine score will make it difficult for UNH to pull this one out.I don't understand their philosophy really.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
if they lose im not going to feel bad at all. i am so sick of seing this team give up stupid penalties.

It has been their MO this year. xrolleyesx xmadx

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
INTERCEPTION MAINE!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Maine gets an INT.

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.oneposter.com/UserData/Poster/Poster_28267_thumb.JPG

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:25 PM

I know the players are the ones doing it, but at what point does it reflect on poor coaching which results in a team that seems like they are playing the guards in The Longest Yard xconfusedx

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
TOUCHDOWN MAINE!

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Never mind, coming back for a hold. Tough to keep up with flags on the webcast.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Maine TD called back on a holding call.

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Who's got beer?

Someone just cracked one in the video room.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
UNH dodges a bullet as Maine is out of bounds on their catch. Ball turns over to the Wildcats.

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Kackert has some great speed.

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Touchdown UNH

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
TD UNH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R3TRO
Holy cow...

Will
TD BOYLE!

ccd494
28-24 with a little over 3:00 to go.

R3TRO
How much time is left?

Edit: N/m.. just got a scoreboard shot.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Everybody is confused by where the snow has been plowed along the sideline.

28-24 UNH

3:27 left.

Will
November 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
I can't believe this game isn't on TV.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
WOW! what a game!!! just hold'em D

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
There are not 16 teams in the nation better than either of these teams.

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Couldn't bear to leave.What in the world can you possibly say about the play of Mike Boyle when they needed a big play in so many games this season.COME ON D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

ccd494
Ballgame. Brusko throws an INT, just chucked it up for grabs.

R3TRO
INTERCEPTION!!!!

art vandelay
interception!!!

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
INT

rcny46
Ball Game!

Old Cat Fan
nice, its funny to listen to the people behind the web cam grunt and groan with the action