PDA

View Full Version : UNH at Maine

Pages : 1 [2]

Will
November 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
UNH Interception! That should seal it.

ccd494
Well, UNH runs out of bounds on 1st down...

charliej
Looks like that's game!

rcny46
There are not 16 teams in the nation better than either of these teams.

True.

charliej
November 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
nice, its funny to listen to the people behind the web cam grunt and groan with the action

LOL..turned off the Audio. Listening to Montana-Montana State while watching this video feed...Nova-Hens on TV. xrotatehx

Old Cat Fan
how much fricken time left?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
WTH was THAT penalty?????

Illegal sub

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Clock management, its not our strong suit.

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'd like to see,if such statistics are kept,where UNH stands nationally in 1-AA as far as penalties are concerned.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like that's game!

not true.

Old Cat Fan
I'm not feeling good about this

UNH_Alum_In_CT
1:16 left, no TO's for Maine, their ball on the 20.

charliej
November 22nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Hmmm...Maine gets another shot.xeyebrowx

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
he was past the los

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Dude, how much time is on the clock?

ccd494
November 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Brusko has no arm

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
god! get an INT

R3TRO
INT game over!!!!! xrotatehx

UNHWildCats
INT

UNH_Alum_In_CT
Another pick by UNH....this time it should be the ball game with around 20 seconds left!!!!!

art vandelay
finally game

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Every week coach does his monday night radio show and goes on and on about shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties, when is enough is enough. If this team can ever play a mistake penality free game they can play with anyone. NEXT WEEK is a good time to start!!

Will
2nd interception by Klein! This one is over.

WildcatFan
Congratulations UNH = 5 years in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charliej
Kept it intresting tho. :p

R3TRO
Hell of a game!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
It's over!!!!!! UNH wins 28-24!!!!!!!

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 01:54 PM
great season for Maine. I think we were robbed of a true test today by the damn snow.

art vandelay
Great game maine. I was hoping you could make the tourny just not at the expense of UNH. maybe you will catch a great break.

UNHFan99
great win.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
OK, maybe my heart will resume a normal pulse in a few minutes!!!!!!!!!!

UNHWildCats
1st CAA team ever to do that.

Lets hope for a home game.

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa UNH lets get a home game

Will
Crazy game! I hope Maine makes it into the playoffs.

ccd494
Well, in a fair world, the CAA would get 6 in. Unfortunately, we'll get to see another MEAC blowout.

Oh well.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
"Pretty sad" was the final words uttered from the mouth of the webcast cameraman

Hats off to maine for a hard fought game and good season. xthumbsupx

Will
November 22nd, 2008, 01:56 PM

They've developed into a topnotch program and a perennial playoff team. They've lost some star players the past 2 years and they haven't fallen off at all!

I wish the basketball team could have the same type of success, not sure if that will ever happen.

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa UNH lets get a home game

Wouldn't mind them playing an away game if it's dome or place with decent weather

WildcatFan
November 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
Have to say that I really wanted Maine to get into the playoffs this year. Sorry it came down to this game. You deserve it after a great season.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I thought I saw YorkCounty, 05 and OxSox doing a victory dance on that webcam!!!!!

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Ouch at Towson

JMU 37 Towson 13 Half

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Great game maine. I was hoping you could make the tourny just not at the expense of UNH. maybe you will catch a great break.

Elon is down 13-3 in the third.If that holds up,another spot could open up.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Wouldn't mind them playing an away game if it's dome or place with decent weather

One playoff trip to the UNIdome is enough, bring Calpoly to the frigid Cowell stadium and lets finish this UNH Calpoly thread on the field xnodx

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
noooo w cant stop barden haha

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
W&M and Richmond now in OT tied 20-20.UR had them down 20-0 at one point.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
They've developed into a topnotch program and a perennial playoff team. They've lost some star players the past 2 years and they haven't fallen off at all!

I wish the basketball team could have the same type of success, not sure if that will ever happen.

I'll have that discussion with you over a brewski after a hoop game when I return from Florida!!! :p :D

Playoffs will determine how quickly that happens.

Can't give Coach Mac and the program enough credit for going 9-2 this year. A lot of people thought UNH just lucked out with Santos and Ball, but that has been proven wrong by this year's Wildcat squad.

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
One playoff trip to the UNIdome is enough, bring Calpoly to the frigid Cowell stadium and lets finish this UNH Calpoly thread on the field xnodx

I want revenge against those bastards! Myabe it will have to wait until a later round. Imagine how amped up the team would be for that re-rematch.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Jeannotte has announced that "UNH has made a money bid" for next week.

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Holy Cross at Cowell next week.

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM

I'll second that. xnodx

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 02:11 PM

Last time I sae Holy Cross was in the early 80's brought my wife than girlfriend to watch Gill Fenerty run. Very good running back

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
no andolph scares me too haha

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
randoph...

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Last time I sae Holy Cross was in the early 80's brought my wife than girlfriend to watch Gill Fenerty run. Very good running back

I believe he was a transfer from LSU,and came to HC because he was not happy with the academics in Baton Rouge.He played in the NFL for awhile didn't he?

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Maine shouldnt give up hope yet elon is losing.

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Maine shouldnt give up hope yet elon is losing.

If they let a 5th CAA team in, it will probably be W&M because of their win over UNH, and their only losses are to BCS and FCS playoff teams.

alexale23
November 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
elon is losin they may be out if they lose

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
If they let a 5th CAA team in, it will probably be W&M because of their win over UNH, and their only losses are to BCS and FCS playoff teams.

you mite be right but i wouldnt place a bet on it. an eight winn team looks a lot better than a seven win team. W&M is only a seven win team right?

UNHFan
November 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
For the record I had my Gall Bladder removed 4PM Thursday!! So watching this game in a lot of pain was/...... PAINFUL!!!! lol Those horrible un disciplined penalties almost made me through my laptop out the window! Thank god for Vicodin!!!! lol What a win!! Go Cats!!

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
umm ya only 7 wins for w&m

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
you mite be right but i wouldnt place a bet on it. an eight winn team looks a lot better than a seven win team. W&M is only a seven win team right?

Yeah, they only have 7 wins, but I still think W&M would have the better case.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
it will be interesting to see what they decide for sure.

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah, they only have 7 wins, but I still think W&M would have the better case.

They lost their final two.That could be a factor

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I believe he was a transfer from LSU,and came to HC because he was not happy with the academics in Baton Rouge.He played in the NFL for awhile didn't he?

Yes a couple of years with the Saints and nice career in the CFL. If my memory serves me correct he had a couple hundred rushing against the cats that day.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/OLDCATFAN/286287.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Fenerty

rcny46
November 22nd, 2008, 02:56 PM

I guess we'll have to settle for Colgate.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Yes a couple of years with the Saints and nice career in the CFL. If my memory serves me correct he had a couple hundred rushing against the cats that day.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/OLDCATFAN/286287.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Fenerty

OK just to set the record straight I went searching for results of this game It was 9/24/83 Fenerty had a decent game gaining 109 yds in 20 attempts but what was interesting was that his teamate Chuck Doyle (who I don't recall at all)gained 101yds in 12 attempts in a 42-30 win for the Holy Cross. Two 100 yard rushes for the same team, guess the Cats defense hasn't existed for a while now xsmiley_wix

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
I am frozen solid. What a game. GO CATS.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
I wasn't sure because a lot of people on AGS erroneously think Travis is a loyal attendee at our Wildcat games.

I feel terrible that I'm not in Orono today with my tailgate buddies but I'm in Florida on a 16th annual family vacation. Saw the first nine games in person before leaving though.

We have caucased here in the Black Bear Inn and we are not sure that being in Florida is a valid excuse for not being in Maine...xnonono2x xnonono2x

UNHlund
November 22nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Saw an amazing game and got home just in time for the Bruins game. Life is good...

When I saw the weather in Orono I'll admit I was concerned for the Wildcats, but they took it to Maine and overcame a couple questionable calls (though may have benefited from a couple questionable calls as well) to win one of the best CAA games this year.

rickyball
November 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
UNHlund hit the nail right on the head. Great game for the 'Cats.

Sounds like they put in a good bid for a home playoff game.
::Crosses Fingers::

OxSoxUNH05
November 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
[/B]

We have caucased here in the Black Bear Inn and we are not sure that being in Florida is a valid excuse for not being in Maine...xnonono2x xnonono2x

I concur! What a crazy 14 hour odyssey today. On the road at 5am expecting cold and sunny and I get a snow storm xeekx!

Man that game was how football was meant to be played!
Great game Maine, Lets Go get 'em in the Playoffs Cats!

bainsey
November 22nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Some thoughts from my midfield seats

While the score didn't out like we wanted, it was a very memorable day in Orono. Let's break it down...

ATMOSPHERE: I've never seen anything like it in Orono. In a time of year when Maine football fans look at chilly weather and opt to stay inside, over 5900 took advantage of the five-dollar tickets, braved the conditions, and were a part of something special. The combination of the snowstorm, the rivalry, and the game's meaning made for an intense, exciting atmosphere at Alfond Stadium. Fair-weather fans were replaced by noisy, middle-aged locales, students (a few of them shirtless) were plentiful, even and the opposition made the drive with a noisy contingent. It wasn't just an outing at a UM football game; people genuinely cared about this one's outcome.

THE FIELD: Unless you somehow place space-heaters underground, there's no field that would have been ready for the impending snowstorm. It was only a few inches, but it made a big difference as tentative ball-carriers moved cautiously, rather than swiftly. It wasn't easy to follow, as all the numbers on the field were covered, with the lines cleared off every five yards, plus the hash marks were uncovered, too, though not for long. The field crew did their best to keep up.

THE GAME: It lived up to its billing, and then some. It was a coin toss throughout. Unfortunately, for our side of the field, the toss came up white.

EVEN ON THE GROUND: Simply put, sometimes Maine's run game worked, sometimes Maine found the hole (or pushed UNH back in several scrums), and sometimes UNH snuffed out the right runner. Ditto that for UNH.

EDGE IN THE AIR: UNH's Toman (6 for 12, 127 yards, 2 TDs) had a better arm and crisper passing style than Maine's Brusko (6 for 15, 98, 0 TDs), but Toman's lone interception was easily targeted by Nixon. Brusko made smart moves, with his two INTs coming late in the game.

DUMB MOVES: UNH penalties were 10 for 103 yards; Maine 6 for 75 yards. However, both sides had equivalent combinations of late hits and unsportsmanlike conducts. At least twice, UNH gave Maine first downs via penalty that otherwise wouldn't have been earned.

BAD MOVES: While the Maine D had stellar stops, it wasn't the best day for the Black Hole. Three of UNH's four touchdowns came on plays with missed tackles.

It was intense, it was tough, and there were too many factors for there to be "the difference." Considering the conditions, it played like a high-scoring stalemate, with UNH just getting a few extra breaks to keep The Musket.

SILVER LINING: If Maine fans were told in August that Maine would go 8-4, we'd be thrilled. This is team is young, and the bar has been raised for next year. Here's hoping the fans that came out today are there for every home game next year, and that they bring a few friends.

Congrats to the 'Cats. I just may have to drive down to Durham next year to see if we can finally get that damn gun.

nutterlyattled
November 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
man ill tell ya, maine fans may not always come out in numbers but if you are willing to deal with that cold every season, thats a dedication not many can understand

go cats, it was an amazing game, worth the 3.5 hour drive and the risk of frostbite

Cobblestone
November 22nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Congrats to my friends from UNH. Kick some @$$ in the playoffs.

mainejeff
November 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
man ill tell ya, maine fans may not always come out in numbers but if you are willing to deal with that cold every season, thats a dedication not many can understand

go cats, it was an amazing game, worth the 3.5 hour drive and the risk of frostbite

It's not always 20 degrees and a snowstorm for Maine football games.

How was Durham's weather yesterday?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
[/B]

Next year I won't attend the first nine games of the season and raise everybody's expectations. xrolleyesx Where's a smilie for you can't win? :p xlolx

I seem to recall a couple of weddings................. xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
I concur! What a crazy 14 hour odyssey today. On the road at 5am expecting cold and sunny and I get a snow storm xeekx!

Man that game was how football was meant to be played!
Great game Maine, Lets Go get 'em in the Playoffs Cats!

Big props on making the trek, but I don't think you want to start comparing attendance resumes big guy. Refresh my memory, did I see you in Hanover, Kingston, Brookline or Radnor Township this season? xconfusedx xconfusedx

BTW, a guy who scheduled his wedding during football season isn't going to get much support on AGS. xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Thought I'd clarify a couple of things, since after reading the thread their appeared to be some confusion.

First of all, Maine had at least three or four fumbles that were ruled either down by contact, caused by the ground or caused after the whistle. It was very frustrating. I think the call on Vasso/Hinds for PI on fourth down was a BS call. The referee who threw the flag could not have possibly seen anything to indicate PI. In addition, I think Maine's guy was in the endzone on that play early in the fourth on fourth down that was ruled out of bounds.

The fans were incredible on both sides. A Game I won't soon forget.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 23rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Some thoughts from my midfield seats

While the score didn't out like we wanted, it was a very memorable day in Orono. Let's break it down...

ATMOSPHERE: I've never seen anything like it in Orono. In a time of year when Maine football fans look at chilly weather and opt to stay inside, over 5900 took advantage of the five-dollar tickets, braved the conditions, and were a part of something special. The combination of the snowstorm, the rivalry, and the game's meaning made for an intense, exciting atmosphere at Alfond Stadium. Fair-weather fans were replaced by noisy, middle-aged locales, students (a few of them shirtless) were plentiful, even and the opposition made the drive with a noisy contingent. It wasn't just an outing at a UM football game; people genuinely cared about this one's outcome.

THE FIELD: Unless you somehow place space-heaters underground, there's no field that would have been ready for the impending snowstorm. It was only a few inches, but it made a big difference as tentative ball-carriers moved cautiously, rather than swiftly. It wasn't easy to follow, as all the numbers on the field were covered, with the lines cleared off every five yards, plus the hash marks were uncovered, too, though not for long. The field crew did their best to keep up.

THE GAME: It lived up to its billing, and then some. It was a coin toss throughout. Unfortunately, for our side of the field, the toss came up white.

EVEN ON THE GROUND: Simply put, sometimes Maine's run game worked, sometimes Maine found the hole (or pushed UNH back in several scrums), and sometimes UNH snuffed out the right runner. Ditto that for UNH.

EDGE IN THE AIR: UNH's Toman (6 for 12, 127 yards, 2 TDs) had a better arm and crisper passing style than Maine's Brusko (6 for 15, 98, 0 TDs), but Toman's lone interception was easily targeted by Nixon. Brusko made smart moves, with his two INTs coming late in the game.

DUMB MOVES: UNH penalties were 10 for 103 yards; Maine 6 for 75 yards. However, both sides had equivalent combinations of late hits and unsportsmanlike conducts. At least twice, UNH gave Maine first downs via penalty that otherwise wouldn't have been earned.

BAD MOVES: While the Maine D had stellar stops, it wasn't the best day for the Black Hole. Three of UNH's four touchdowns came on plays with missed tackles.

It was intense, it was tough, and there were too many factors for there to be "the difference." Considering the conditions, it played like a high-scoring stalemate, with UNH just getting a few extra breaks to keep The Musket.

SILVER LINING: If Maine fans were told in August that Maine would go 8-4, we'd be thrilled. This is team is young, and the bar has been raised for next year. Here's hoping the fans that came out today are there for every home game next year, and that they bring a few friends.

Congrats to the 'Cats. I just may have to drive down to Durham next year to see if we can finally get that damn gun.

Very sorry I missed you after the game. I had to meet the boys at the bus. Great crowd at the game. Us northern guys need to stick together. Keep you fingers crossed for 7 O'clock!

I will not miss you if you come to Durham next year.