PDA

View Full Version : Southland Predictions: Week 13

BEAR
November 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Nicholls State vs Southeastern Louisiana
1 pm Nicholls by 7.

Sam Houston State vs Texas State
2 pm Big time offense puts the Kats in the spoiler role. Sam by 7.

Central Arkansas vs McNeese State
4 pm - Yeah, I gotta play the homer here. This is the conference game of the week and should be televised on SLC TV or Fox whatever. UCA by a slim margin. Props to McNeese. This is gonna be a barn-burner. The Red Beans and Rice Bowl.

Stephen F. Austin vs Northwestern State
6 pm . Too much offense by Moses...he sets his people free from the Demons of Northwestern State. xwhistlex SFA by 7.

sharkeycox
November 15th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Colonels tame the Lions by 7

Sam paper trains the Cats by 10

Cowboys lasso the Bears by 4

Jacks cast out the Demons by 17xcoolx

TexasTerror
November 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 39-19 (8-15 SLC)
Total: 85-33 (32-19 SLC)

Southeastern Louisiana at Nicholls State - Road game for the Lions, but they are coming off a nice road victory in Huntsville against Sam. Neither team has anything to play for, but I feel the Lions can win the River Bell. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas State University-San Marcos at Sam Houston State - Rhett Bomar's (and pending who you ask, Todd Whitten) final game in Huntsville. They can take a playoff berth straight out of the hands of the Bobcats with a win (pending on how things fall). That would be great considering a SHSU win in 2005 would've sent TXST spiraling from where they did end up going (SF) to out of the playoffs. Would enjoy finishing the job of the 2005 team. Homer pick for SLC Texas FCS Champion! SAM HOUSTON STATE

Northwestern State at Stephen F. Austin - The Chief Caddo battle. SFA nearly knocked off Central Ark at home. Demons are trying to make the playoffs, but you have to think the Jacks are going to do what they do at home and put points on the board. SFA

McNeese State at Central Arkansas - Central Arkansas got screwed out of a SLC title, but they are going to come out in their finale and show the Pokes was Estes is all about. That's a 7-0 home record after this one for those keeping track. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Cat79
November 16th, 2008, 08:17 AM
SLU @ Nicholls State Rivalry Game
Texas State @ Sam Houston State Rivalry Game
Northwestern State @ SFA Rivalry Game
McNeese State @ UCA UCA is tough at home

TexasTerror
November 16th, 2008, 11:42 AM
79, come on now -- UCA vs McNeese is the "Red Beans and Rice Bowl", isn't it? That's a rivalry game!

slycat
November 16th, 2008, 12:30 PM
SLU @ Nicholls State - I was surprised that the Bobcat defense held Nicholls to 10 points. SLU has a good offense so this will be a close game. I'll take the Lions.

Texas State @ Sam Houston State - Bobcats are playing better on defense. Bearkat seniors will want to play good for their last game. I'll take a Bobcat team that gets a playoff spot with a win.

Northwestern State @ SFA - SFAs offense played good against UCA and the Demons looked decent against McNeese. Home team wins.

McNeese State @ UCA - Tough game. Pokes play for a playoff spot. Bears play for "conference champs". I'll take the Bears in a close one.

BEAR
November 16th, 2008, 12:36 PM
79, come on now -- UCA vs McNeese is the "Red Beans and Rice Bowl", isn't it? That's a rivalry game!

http://www.zatarains.com/assets/red_beans_n_rice.jpg

How in the world can anyone miss a game that's gonna serve up food like that?? McNeese bring plenty of that good stuff! We'll have a ton of it also! But you guys know how to cook it up right! xlolx

JoshUCA
November 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
SLU @ Nicholls State They beat us so I hope they win.
Texas State @ Sam Houston State Please win SHSU!
Northwestern State @ SFA We've seen what a good offense can do to Northwesten State.
McNeese State @ UCA UCA wins the "Unofficial" SLC Title!

MaximumBobcat
November 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Cats win.

Pokes win.

take THAT to the bank...

MSU_77
November 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
It's been an interesting season:

SLU @ NSU

TxSt @ SHSU - rootin' for Bomar - can't believe I'm saying it

NWSt @ SFA

MSU @ UCA - Pokes three-peat, UCA unofficial co-champs

HPCAT
November 16th, 2008, 11:26 PM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 39-19 (8-15 SLC)
Total: 85-33 (32-19 SLC)

Southeastern Louisiana at Nicholls State - Road game for the Lions, but they are coming off a nice road victory in Huntsville against Sam. Neither team has anything to play for, but I feel the Lions can win the River Bell. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas State at Sam Houston State - Rhett Bomar's (and pending who you ask, Todd Whitten) final game in Huntsville. They can take a playoff berth straight out of the hands of the Bobcats with a win (pending on how things fall). That would be great considering a SHSU win in 2005 would've sent TXST spiraling from where they did end up going (SF) to out of the playoffs. Would enjoy finishing the job of the 2005 team. Homer pick for SLC Texas FCS Champion! SAM HOUSTON STATE

Northwestern State at Stephen F. Austin - The Chief Caddo battle. SFA nearly knocked off Central Ark at home. Demons are trying to make the playoffs, but you have to think the Jacks are going to do what they do at home and put points on the board. SFA

McNeese State at Central Arkansas - Central Arkansas got screwed out of a SLC title, but they are going to come out in their finale and show the Pokes was Estes is all about. That's a 7-0 home record after this one for those keeping track. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Although you have been less than accurate this year, this scenario will still put TXST in a playoff game in Montana or Utah.

But, I really believe TXST will add 2008 to 2005 as another year for you to spin ifa , woulda , coulda, instead of admiting you lost and moving on. I see a 1st place tie with UCA, TXST, and MSU.

McNeese75
November 17th, 2008, 01:38 AM
SLU @ Nicholls State
Texas State @ Sam Houston State
Northwestern State @ SFA
McNeese State @ UCA

BEAR
November 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM
SLU @ Nicholls State
Northwestern State @ SFA
McNeese State @ UCA

I can't believe it...a McNeese fan picking the Cowboys to win....xeekx xlolx

Nah..actually didn't mean that...I just wanted to bump the thread back to page 1. xwhistlex

JollyRoger550
November 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
SLU @ Nicholls State

Northwestern State @ SFA

McNeese State @ UCA

El Gato
November 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Nicholls State vs Southeastern Louisiana
1 pm Nicholls by 7.

Sam Houston State vs Texas State
2 pm Big time offense puts the Kats in the spoiler role. Sam by 7.

Central Arkansas vs McNeese State
4 pm - Yeah, I gotta play the homer here. This is the conference game of the week and should be televised on SLC TV or Fox whatever. UCA by a slim margin. Props to McNeese. This is gonna be a barn-burner. The Red Beans and Rice Bowl.

Stephen F. Austin vs Northwestern State
6 pm . Too much offense by Moses...he sets his people free from the Demons of Northwestern State. xwhistlex SFA by 7.

Weird, the only game you picked TxState was the SFA one, and the week before that you had that game as either way. According to your picks this season, TxState will be 1-6 in conference play.

BEAR
November 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Weird, the only game you picked TxState was the SFA one, and the week before that you had that game as either way. According to your picks this season, TxState will be 1-6 in conference play.

How the picks can change with the performance of the teams as the year goes on. I assumed that Sammie would do much better since they played so well against us earlier this season. I also assumed McNeese would be in full throttle. Predictions are just that..guesses. If anyone knows how a game will go before it's played, give me their number..I want to make some serious money....xlolx

As for this week..it's pure homerism on my part. But either way I pick, the conference is a mess if UCA wins, Texas State and McNeese lose....then who knows what the outcome will be...(I bet TT does..xlolx )

NSUDemon98
November 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM
SLU @ Nicholls State
Northwestern State @ SFA
McNeese State @ UCA

Go Cowboys...

Go BearKats(can't believe I said that)....

And of course Go Demons...bring home The Chief

Dallas Demon
November 17th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Go Cowboys...

Go BearKats(can't believe I said that)....

And of course Go Demons...bring home The Chief

For the Demons' sake:

Go Bears, Go Bearkats, Go Colonels, Go Demons.

GeauxLions94
November 18th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Southeastern Louisiana at Nicholls State - The close rivals battle for the River Bell with Southeastern looking for added incentive of a 6-6 record ... Southeastern's Jay Lucas and Nicholls State's Lardarius Webb each play in their final game ... Lions look to avoid slow start while tandem of Tommy Connors and Mark Newbill look to increase on their 100-plus tackle seasons. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas State at Sam Houston State - Needing a win to reach the playoffs, Texas State has been league's best road team with wins at McNeese State, SFA and Southeastern ... Bradley George has resurrected his season while Cameron Luke and Karrington Bush have provided big plays ... Bearkat fans say goodbye to Rhett Bomar, who looks to duplicate last week's 506-yard performance in the air ... expect a shootout with the road team getting the win. TEXAS STATE

Northwestern State at Stephen F. Austin - Demons and Jacks in "The Battle for Chief Caddo" ... Demons won last year in Natchitoches, but these aren't the same 'Jacks ... Jeremy Moses looks to light up the scoreboard for SFA while the defense will find ways to slow down Byron Lawrence and Co. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

McNeese State at Central Arkansas - McNeese State needs a win and a loss by Texas State for another trip to the playoffs ... Nathan Brown plays his final game for UCA and the Bear fans will be out in force ... Cowboys won big last year in Lake Charles, but Bears have made strides in catching up ... but look for Cowboys to pull out road victory while pulling for Bearkats. McNEESE STATE

NSUDemon98
November 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
For the Demons' sake:

Go Bears, Go Bearkats, Go Colonels, Go Demons.

For the Demons' sake...I honestly don't think we have any business going to the playoffs.

With our injuries and lack off offense the past 4 years and with our current record...making the playoffs would "nice"... but do we really belong there? I don't think so xnonono2x

Spooney-Cat
November 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM
SLU @ Nicholls State
Northwestern State @ SFA
McNeese State @ UCA

Texas State is the hottest team in the Southland right now. Screw the 'Kats.