PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Central Arkansas

slycat
November 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Congrats on a great season. Y'all can't officially be conference champs but your team deserves it.

JoshUCA
November 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks! We still have to face a tough McNeese team in Conway next week, but I feel great!

slycat
November 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks! We still have to face a tough McNeese team in Conway next week, but I feel great!

Worst you finish is a "tie". Hopefully the SLC will figure out a way to recognize y'alls efforts.

patssle
November 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Is your team going to get rings? Either way you are outright champs or a 2 or 3 way tie.

JoshUCA
November 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Worst you finish is a "tie". Hopefully the SLC will figure out a way to recognize y'alls efforts.

We will see, but that doesn't matter to these men. The institution of UCA has already committed to recognizing these men and all they have accomplished to their fullest extent!

BEAR
November 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
The school is getting the team rings and a banner I believe! Even if it's a shared title..it's an amazing thing for this team!

GO BEARS!!!

JoshUCA
November 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Is your team going to get rings? Either way you are outright champs or a 2 or 3 way tie.

Yep! UCA's Ware re-charged by assurance of UCA officials (http://www.thecabin.net/stories/111508/spo_1115080023.shtml)

patssle
November 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM
The school is getting the team rings and a banner I believe! Even if it's a shared title..it's an amazing thing for this team!

That's great to hear!

chrisattsu
November 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM

GO BEARS!!!

Great to hear.

Syntax Error
November 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Does the SLC recognize co-champs (even though UCA can't be champ at all)? If McNeese wins against them next week they would be tied with the head-to-head winner getting the AQ (even though UCA can't get the AQ).

slycat
November 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Does the SLC recognize co-champs (even though UCA can't be champ at all)? If McNeese wins against them next week they would be tied with the head-to-head winner getting the AQ (even though UCA can't get the AQ).

Texas St and Nicholls St were co-champs in 2005. If Texas St and McNeese St both win next week then its a three way tie for first place and Texas St will get the AQ.

BEAR
November 15th, 2008, 09:45 PM

Yeah. But even if McNeese wins the Bears will not be considered the official co-champions. But tonight it's about the conference champions! xbowx xthumbsupx

ThreadStopper
November 15th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Nice job Bears!

I knew when you beat UC
Davis you would be a team to be reconned with.

:)

Retro
November 16th, 2008, 12:35 AM
UCA hasn't won ANYTHING yet! Official or not...

If Mcneese Beats UCA and Texas State loses, Mcneese is champ based on head to head over UCA..

If Mcneese beats UCA and Texas State Wins, Texas State is Champ based on head over mcneese.

If Mcneese loses to UCA, then UCA is unofficial champs and with all due respect all still in transition and ineligible for playoffs and slc title..

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=1626131

gabe01
November 16th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Congrats on a great season. Y'all can't officially be conference champs but your team deserves it.

You should be proud. Transition time sucks but I know what it's like to go 20-2 over 2 years and go 3-1 vs D1-A teams and not be able to go the the playoffs. You took a negative and made a name for yourselves. Congrats from an NDSU fan!

McNeese72
November 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM

If Mcneese Beats UCA and Texas State loses, Mcneese is champ based on head to head over UCA..

If Mcneese beats UCA and Texas State Wins, Texas State is Champ based on head over mcneese.

If Mcneese loses to UCA, then UCA is unofficial champs and with all due respect all still in transition and ineligible for playoffs and slc title..

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=1626131

Darrell, if McNeese beats UCA and Texas St. loses, McNeese and UCA would share the conference championship (in normal times) and McNeese would get the AQ. The SLC doesn't consider head to head when two teams are tied for the conference championship. They are co-champions. Remember when we beat Northwestern St. something like 50-8 in the 90's but ended up tied with them for the conference championship. They were co-champs, got a trophy, rings, the whole bit.

Doc

McTailGator
November 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Jostens is the "Official" SLC Championship Ring Supplier, perhaps UCA can get "Unofficial" rings from Balfour. ;)

McTailGator
November 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM

The SLC does recognize CoChamps, but the NCAA will not let the SLC recognize UCA in any form or fashion.

NCAA = Nazi Collegiate Athletic Association

usdfbalum63
November 16th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Congrats -- really enjoyed playing you guys two years back. Hope we can handle our transition to FCS as well as you have.

Good Luck against McNeese St. this week. They canceled their return game they owed us that was scheduled for 09 - leaving us hanging, so I hope you paste them.

TexasTerror
November 16th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Geaux Bears!

Hope you kick the crud out of the Pokes and win the unofficial title. We'll do what we can to beat the Bobcats to keep them out of the playoffs. :)

Syntax Error
November 16th, 2008, 12:05 PM
... the NCAA will not let the SLC recognize UCA in any form or fashion.Nothing new here. They wrote that bylaw about a decade ago and its been used several times recently. The SLC and UCA screwed the pooch thinking they could buck it without a waiver. UCA's day will come same as any other school in transition. Glad they are progressing nicely and their school is recognizing this year's team. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
November 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM

If two or more teams are tied, they are co-champs regardless of the head to head which only matters in the AQ decision.

BEAR
November 16th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Nothing new here. They wrote that bylaw about a decade ago and its been used several times recently. The SLC and UCA screwed the pooch thinking they could buck it without a waiver. UCA's day will come same as any other school in transition. Glad they are progressing nicely and their school is recognizing this year's team. xthumbsupx

Yes, we know all that. You already made that very clear. xrolleyesx

I have personally spoken to several players on the other SLC teams, and they have all said even if UCA isn't recognized by the NCAA, they will be recognized by players like themselves..and believe me, there is no greater honor than your opponent showing respect. xbowx xthumbsupx

That just goes to show how classy the SLC really is! xthumbsupx

Retro
November 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Darrell, if McNeese beats UCA and Texas St. loses, McNeese and UCA would share the conference championship (in normal times) and McNeese would get the AQ. The SLC doesn't consider head to head when two teams are tied for the conference championship. They are co-champions. Remember when we beat Northwestern St. something like 50-8 in the 90's but ended up tied with them for the conference championship. They were co-champs, got a trophy, rings, the whole bit.

Doc

Your right.. I should have worded that better.. I mean't they would get the AQ because of head to head as i realize they are both co-champs.

Syntax Error
November 16th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Glad they are progressing nicely and their school is recognizing this year's team. xthumbsupx
Yes, we know all that. You already made that very clear. xrolleyesxYou're welcome. xrolleyesx

TXST_CAT
November 16th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Excellent season for the Bears. Having them in the SLC has made our conference stronger. Perhaps they should file a waiver to reduce the transition time. Can't they pay a fee to speed up the process.

Syntax Error
November 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Excellent season for the Bears. Having them in the SLC has made our conference stronger. Perhaps they should file a waiver to reduce the transition time. Can't they pay a fee to speed up the process.Before the SLC tried to fast-track them into the conference champion designation they tried to speed them through the transition process.

Dallas Demon
November 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Yes, we know all that. You already made that very clear. xrolleyesx

I have personally spoken to several players on the other SLC teams, and they have all said even if UCA isn't recognized by the NCAA, they will be recognized by players like themselves..and believe me, there is no greater honor than your opponent showing respect. xbowx xthumbsupx

That just goes to show how classy the SLC really is! xthumbsupx

Congrats on a really great season, you guys are progressing very well in all sports - kudos to your administration for excellent planning and execution. xthumbsupx

cbuck
November 16th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Congrats -- really enjoyed playing you guys two years back. Hope we can handle our transition to FCS as well as you have.

Good Luck against McNeese St. this week. They canceled their return game they owed us that was scheduled for 09 - leaving us hanging, so I hope you paste them.

There was no contract for a return game.

BEAR
November 16th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Congrats on a really great season, you guys are progressing very well in all sports - kudos to your administration for excellent planning and execution. xthumbsupx

Thanks Dallas Demon! I know, as most Bear fans know, that it is going to be a few years before the commish cup trophy has a Bear on it, but that's ok. Many of our sports are just getting upgraded to play at the level most of your teams are used to playing at, and we're getting beat on a regular basis..except in football and volleyball xlolx . But as for the university as a whole, improvements are being made and the process will come with beat downs and bruises in all sports.....but one day...one day...xsmiley_wix

The upgrades to the UCA Baseball stadium..

We went from this high school looking stadium (photo shows de-construction)

http://www.ucasports.com/gallery/MSC_BB_Demo02.jpg

to this still in progress:

http://www.ucasports.com/gallery/MSC-BB-Construction10315.jpg

Boy these $s add up quickly! xlolx

McNeeserocket
November 16th, 2008, 11:31 PM

If this is true, it is the first I heard of it. I was planning on going to South Dakota again next year (went this year to Brookings for our game with South Dakota State and had a great time). I am sure McNeese spoke to your AD about making the trip another year because of a valid scheduling conflict. McNeese probably will return the trip in the future (2011 or 2012). I know they can't go in 2010 because they filled that schedule earlier this year.

usdfbalum63
November 17th, 2008, 07:18 AM
If this is true, it is the first I heard of it. I was planning on going to South Dakota again next year (went this year to Brookings for our game with South Dakota State and had a great time). I am sure McNeese spoke to your AD about making the trip another year because of a valid scheduling conflict. McNeese probably will return the trip in the future (2011 or 2012). I know they can't go in 2010 because they filled that schedule earlier this year.

We were very disappointed when it was announced. Hopefully we can get rescheduled -- had a great time last year playing you guys.