PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Gameday

bulldog10jw
November 13th, 2005, 01:21 PM
The New Haven Register is saying that ESPN is considering sending Corso and the gang to New Haven next week for THE GAME. They must be tired of travelling and want to stay close to Bristol.

hawkineer
November 13th, 2005, 03:10 PM
The New Haven Register is saying that ESPN is considering sending Corso and the gang to New Haven next week for THE GAME. They must be tired of travelling and want to stay close to Bristol.
IF they want to see The Game, wouldn't they be coming to Bethlehem, which isn't that far from Bristol, for 141st edition of THE GAME? :D :nod: :D :nod:

By the way, what precautions are being taken by the Elis to ensure that there isn't any payback for last year's "WE S?CK" embarrassment?

ColgatePA
November 13th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Next week Gameday is going to East Lansing for the Penn State/MSU game.

ColgatePA
November 13th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Its on Fowler's blog. http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2222008&name=fowler_chris

"Beware of SpartyI think the Nittany Lions should be wary of the trip to East Lansing. Sure, Sparty comes stumbling in on an ugly, dispiriting skid. That's just when they could be dangerous. Penn State should roll and claim a suprising but well-deserved BCS bid for JoePa's rebuilt program. But you never know.
By the way, that's where GameDay is headed to follow the compelling story of the revived Lions.

That's it from the BBQ belt. Talk to y'all next week."

Hansel
November 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Didn't gameday head to Penn a few years back

Retro
November 13th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Back in 2002, ESPN Gameday were going to be in Natchitoches, La for the McNeese vs. Northwestern State game, as both teams were i believe #1 and #2 in the polls going into the week before the game, but NWST lost at Jacksonville state and thus ruined the #1 vs #2 showdown and espn went elsewhere.. ESPN had chose that game because there were no big I-A games that had the ususal impact that weekend

YaleFootballFan
November 13th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Didn't gameday head to Penn a few years back

Yup. It was in 2002 at Franklin Field, prior to the Harvard/Penn game.

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Yup. It was in 2002 at Franklin Field, prior to the Harvard/Penn game.

Why don't they do a Gameday presentation for the I-AA playoffs? Furman @ App for instance in the quarters or semis would be BIG.

GannonFan
November 14th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Why don't they do a Gameday presentation for the I-AA playoffs? Furman @ App for instance in the quarters or semis would be BIG.

Maybe GameDay just doesn't want to go to Boone? The last time they went to a IAA game it was in Philly - a bit different locale (no knock on Boone, but it's a bit out of the way).

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 02:45 PM
No offense taken, but we're only an hour outside of Charlotte...and it's one helluva pretty drive too.

WUTNDITWAA
November 14th, 2005, 03:02 PM
No offense taken, but we're only an hour outside of Charlotte...and it's one helluva pretty drive too.

Dude, how fast are you driving? It's more like two. Still, as you say, it is a pretty drive. :eek: :eek: :eek:

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Two HOURS? Now I know who I always get stuck behind coming up the mountain :). It's an hour and twenty minutes tops...I drive up from Atlanta and by the time I get on 321, I'm less than an hour out.