PDA

View Full Version : Elon: Well played game

SoCon48
November 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Elon's Riddle is the real deal. The weather was a factor for both teams. The ball was slippery causing numerous fumbles.

ASU88
November 15th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Riddle has nice game. Good passer, great vision and a real knack for knowing when to take off running and when to wait it out in the pocket.

Of course, we all knew he was the real deal last year. I'm shocked they only managed 16 points. The weather played a part in that, no doubt. The App St defense played it's typical "give up yards between the 20s but tighten up in or near the red zone." Gives us heart attacks, but it's working so far!

SoCon48
November 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Let's hope AE is OK. WCU's bowl game is next week.

The Cats
November 16th, 2008, 06:34 AM
WCU's bowl game is next week.

Yep, and here's hoping all that asu arrogance comes to Cullowhee.

AppMan
November 16th, 2008, 07:04 AM

Don't know there's any arrogance in that statement. ASU is 53-18-1 all time vs WCU. The Cats have won 4 games in the series over the last 25 years. WCU's signature seasons are the 1949 North State Champions, the 1974 D-II playoffs, and in 1983 as the 1-aa runner up. WCU has been playing football in the Southen Conference for 32 years and has never won a football championship. You guys hate ASU and would rather beat the Mountaineers than anyone else. Until there are some drastic changes in your program the ASU game is your bowl game.

appstate1998
November 16th, 2008, 07:04 AM
maybe it's just me but I wasn't that impressed with Riddle's play. He was alright but 20/39 with an interception and 2 td's isn't anything that was really mind blowing especially since 55 of those yards came on a play where Appalachian defense got caught sleeping and left Williamson wide open.

However, I was very impressed with Newsome and his hard running.

elon77
November 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM
maybe it's just me but I wasn't that impressed with Riddle's play. He was alright but 20/39 with an interception and 2 td's isn't anything that was really mind blowing especially since 55 of those yards came on a play where Appalachian defense got caught sleeping and left Williamson wide open.

However, I was very impressed with Newsome and his hard running.

But, wasn't the wind blowing about 30 mph? He also probably had a TD pass dropped on their last drive by Bo Williamson. He probably did a better job than most QB's would have done in those conditions and he still has 2 more years to improve.

appstate1998
November 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM
But, wasn't the wind blowing about 30 mph? He also probably had a TD pass dropped on their last drive by Bo Williamson. He probably did a better job than most QB's would have done in those conditions and he still has 2 more years to improve.

I agree, and not taking anything away for him, I just thought Newsome had more to do with keeping you in the game. He was really running hard and always moving his feet.

SoConisMyAntiDrug
November 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I agree, and not taking anything away for him, I just thought Newsome had more to do with keeping you in the game. He was really running hard and always moving his feet.

agreed....riddle threw a bonehead interception and has a knack of that and also he really needs to improve that in order for elon to possibly make a run

YesAppCan
November 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM
How in the world did that Elon team get throttled by Wofford?

phoenix3
November 16th, 2008, 08:16 AM

That's been gnawing at me for 2 weeks now.

Reign of Terrier
November 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM

The same way Wofford got throttled by App, getting down a couple scores and pretty much giving up after the 2nd quarter--all that and being unable to stop the opposing offense.

Reign of Terrier
November 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I knew this game was not going to be a blowout because Elon has better athletes on defense than Wofford does and the offense can comeback easier.

phillyAPP
November 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I knew this game was not going to be a blowout because Elon has better athletes on defense than Wofford does and the offense can comeback easier.

Elon played well but the door was open for a blow out and APP didn't walk through it. I like what i see in APP defense. Playoffs will be fun.

The mistakes by both teams kept the game closer than wofford game. Timing of turnovers is HUGE and Wofford had them earlyand it cost them. I see wofford and Elon being scary to play in playoffs for any team in FCS.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Learn to use the shift key or caps lock...

You know this is WCU's bowl, a comment was made the day after Wagner was hired about the ASU game. If WCU were to win it be considered a successful season at WCU.

SoCon48
November 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM

That's for sure and with Elon's running game becoming more formidable, that will be even more evident.
Still don't like L allowing so many cheaphots.