PDA

View Full Version : JMU-First & last time

charliej
November 12th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Just taking a minute to congratulate JMU on the win today.The guys played a good game.

I wanted also to say that I really enjoyed my first vist to JMU.When we arrived this morning I thought what a great setting.Beautiful campus.The stadium looks great and the atmosphere was perfect for a day of football.

I WANTED to say that,but I can't. Instead of being remembered for all those things,it will instead be remembered for the druken students talkin more trash than I ever heard,(oddly it was the girls who were the most obnoxiuos).It was the only place where the kids in our group couldn't have a catch because of the cars FLYING around the parking lot. Twice we had close calls.The second time was so close we actually had to move everything for fear of someone being hit. It was also the only school we visited where we actually had our stuff stolen.Somewhere between halftime & the end of the game,someone decided to help themselves to our canopy,tables etc.

All in all,a great first impression was ruined by a pretty classless bunch. :(

JMU Duke Dog
November 13th, 2005, 12:00 AM
I am deeply sorry for the problems you encountered with JMU. Unfortunately things are getting worse and worse when it comes to JMU students on game days. I have wondered what is going on with our student body. Other JMU fans including other students themselves are appauled at their immature behavior. For example, the band did that horrible "Suck These Nuts" cheer that needs to be sent to the grave for good. Our band director should be held responsible for their actions today. JMU fans themselves have currently debated on the JMU board about whether or not the actions need to be ended. As someone who absolutely hates the direction our students and believe it or not older fans are taking I hope JMU can right the ship and have a more welcoming environment for visitors while making Bridgeforth Stadium a difficult place for an opposing team to play. I am once again truly sorry for your experience at JMU.

putter
November 13th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I am deeply sorry for the problems you encountered with JMU. Unfortunately things are getting worse and worse when it comes to JMU students on game days. I have wondered what is going on with our student body. Other JMU fans including other students themselves are appauled at their immature behavior. For example, the band did that horrible "Suck These Nuts" cheer that needs to be sent to the grave for good. Our band director should be held responsible for their actions today. JMU fans themselves have currently debated on the JMU board about whether or not the actions need to be ended. As someone who absolutely hates the direction our students and believe it or not older fans are taking I hope JMU can right the ship and have a more welcoming environment for visitors while making Bridgeforth Stadium a difficult place for an opposing team to play. I am once again truly sorry for your experience at JMU.
Guess that NC is going to their innehbriated heads!! :confused:

JMU Duke Dog
November 13th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Guess that NC is going to their innehbriated heads!! :confused:

Most of the problem this year with the student section is the new class of freshmen. They have created problems all over JMU far exceeding the usual behavior of new college students. In fact I would not call this people adults or students as their behavior does not portray those names. I have no idea what admissions was thinking when they allowed these derelects into JMU, but I think it will have a negative effect on JMU for quite some time unfortunately.

Tribe4SF
November 13th, 2005, 08:40 AM
This is a disturbing thread. Sounds like it's time for JMU to take some action.

charliej,

Send an email to JMU's AD and President about your experience.

JMU fans,

If you're concerned about the situation, you should also be letting your AD and President know.

DTSpider
November 13th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I heard of the same experiences from Richmond fans at JMU two weeks ago.

TigerFan17
November 14th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Having second thoughts about my planned visit for the game this weekend...

GannonFan
November 14th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Strangely, the only place I've had stuff stolen from a tailgate is at nova. All my experiences at JMU have been good, but having not been down there this year I haven't been able to gauge the change since the NC and the new fans who just started coming - I'll see next year if they're still there.

bluehenbillk
November 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Well since GF & I tailgate together I have to concur. We had over $400 of tailgating supplies stolen on the Main Line at the '03 'Nova/UD game. I think it's ironic that a Main Liner is complaining. I've never had a problem at JMU & think it's the best environment in the A-10 outside of Newark.

LacesOut
November 14th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Can't believe anyone, anywhere, would leave their tailgating stuff left out in the open. Coolers, tents, chairs, food, whatever. Lock it up or be prepared to have it swiped. JMO

charliej
November 14th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Strangely, the only place I've had stuff stolen from a tailgate is at nova. All my experiences at JMU have been good, but having not been down there this year I haven't been able to gauge the change since the NC and the new fans who just started coming - I'll see next year if they're still there.

Well,this being my first trip I really have no idea how much it has changed.Evidently,judging by the JMU boards,it has taken a turn for the worse in the opinion of some JMU alum.

Billk, Whats so ironic about the post. You think I took yer stuff?? :confused: I thought you guys said nobody tailgates at Nova anyhow? ;)

Actually, I think I was overly harsh in my original post.(comes from posting when pissed off,tired & grumpy after a six hour drive home.) We did meet some good people there and it's a great place to watch a game. Except for the safety concerns & having stuff stolen,(and those friggin streamers) there was nothing that doesn't go on at other schools I guess. As GF pointed out,it can happen anywhere.

blukeys
November 14th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Well since GF & I tailgate together I have to concur. We had over $400 of tailgating supplies stolen on the Main Line at the '03 'Nova/UD game. I think it's ironic that a Main Liner is complaining. I've never had a problem at JMU & think it's the best environment in the A-10 outside of Newark.

It might be ironic but charliej's property should be respected at JMU just as your property should be respected at Nova. The fact that Nova's hooligans stole your stuff in no way validates the same type of boorish behavior from JMU.

I have left tables coolers etc. out numerous times at UD and never had anything taken.

That being said perhaps charlie was expecting exemplary behavior from what is perceived as a classy institution.

You bluehenbillk on the other hand have no excuse. :rolleyes: You have been around Nova too long. You should have had no such illusions about Nova!! ;) ;) ;) (A little Nova week smack :D :D :D )

89Hen
November 15th, 2005, 07:47 AM
druken students talkin more trash than I ever heard,(oddly it was the girls who were the most obnoxiuos).
Not odd at all, it was the same way at Towson IMO. There wasn't a lot of trash talking, but the girls were all foul mouthed like you wouldn't believe. Our tix were on the home side and after the first quarter we moved to the away side because of the language. I'm not kidding.

bluehenbillk
November 15th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Yea the kids at TU were loud but if you mouthed back at them they quieted quickly. Villanova is the true hole of the A-10, it may be outside of Philly but eveidently you can't take the Philly out of the parking lot.

Speaking of parking lots, Villanova is the only place you can get rundown by a priest!