PDA

View Full Version : My only worry: PS to Auburn..

blazrdog#1
November 12th, 2008, 10:44 AM
If Tuberville gets the axe will Pat Sullivan go to Auburn ?

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I don't think there's anyway they fire Tubberville. Last time they tried that stunt it backfired and then the team went 14-0 the next season. Firing good coaches after bad seasons is never a good idea. I'm just venturing a guess, but I bet there's some GSU fans that wish Mike Sewak was still hanging out on the sideline. However, just like with Chris Hatcher rumors last year, Sullivan has done good things at Samford, but he's still coaching a losing team in D-IAA. While he was an Auburn standout he still has to prove himself as a coach who can win.

While I've followed Auburn a long while, I'm hoping they don't get it together before next year when Furman can get a historic upset.

Jiggs
November 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Sullivan has done good things at Samford, but he's still coaching a losing team in D-IAA.

Samford is currently 5-4.

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Fair enough, but with wins over one school I didn't even know had a program and a winless DII team.

jaxstatealum
November 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM

That's as powerful as our three years at 6-5 xrolleyesx

HoyaMetanoia
November 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Tuberville deserves to be fired at this point, but no one at Auburn, and I mean no one, except the most nostalgic folks, believes Pat Sullivan is qualified to be HC at Auburn. Will Muschamp is a much, much more realistic possibility. Sullivan wouldn't even be on the list.

GeauxLions94
November 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I don't think there's anyway they fire Tubberville. Last time they tried that stunt it backfired and then the team went 14-0 the next season. Firing good coaches after bad seasons is never a good idea. I'm just venturing a guess, but I bet there's some GSU fans that wish Mike Sewak was still hanging out on the sideline. However, just like with Chris Hatcher rumors last year, Sullivan has done good things at Samford, but he's still coaching a losing team in D-IAA. While he was an Auburn standout he still has to prove himself as a coach who can win.

While I've followed Auburn a long while, I'm hoping they don't get it together before next year when Furman can get a historic upset.

Yes, but Saban wasn't at Alabama yet. Don't look for history to repeat itself if Tubberville stays on the Plains. Saban has built something pretty good in Tuscaloosa and the folks at Auburn will get trigger-happy again ... especially if Bama keeps on winning on the field and in recruiting.

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Yes, but Saban wasn't at Alabama yet. Don't look for history to repeat itself if Tubberville stays on the Plains. Saban has built something pretty good in Tuscaloosa and the folks at Auburn will get trigger-happy again ... especially if Bama keeps on winning on the field and in recruiting.

Saban hasn't built anything in two years.

bamamountaineer1013
November 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Saban hasn't built anything in two years.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this. #1 in the country. And he is doing that with 9 scholarship seniors, and a majority of someone elses recruits. I have to give it to the man he knows what he is doing. I think if Saban stays, Alabama is going to be back for a long time.

blueballs
November 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM
As much as it would disappoint you Samford folks I hope Sullivan winds up at Auburn, because the Georgia Bulldog in me (I'm a former season tix holder, my Mom and brother were/are alums) sure as hell doesn't want to see Muschamp there.