PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 12 (11/15) Predictions

GannonFan
November 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Only two weeks to the playoffs, for some teams obviously, so things start to get real interesting. Here’s my take:

Maine 35 URI 21 – Maine’s improbable run to the playoffs got a real boost with an impressive win in Amherst last week. Frankly, I basically have Maine in the playoffs now as I see them winning this game and I think they handle UNH in Orono next week. Who’d thunk that Cosgrove could put this type of a season together. Maine doesn’t do anything great, but they are a fundamentally solid team and they should, barring a letdown, roll in Kingston this week. Could be a trap game, but it’s hard to have a trap game when every game matters.

UMass 28 New Hampshire 38 – With UMass’s lost last week, it’s possible they are already on the outside looking in, although it would be hard to leave out an 8-4 UMass team. However, I’m not sure they even get to 8-4. UMass isn’t great on either side of the ball this year and that could bode poorly for this game. UNH showed some defense last week against villanova and UMass’s offense has been far from explosive this year. On the other side of the ball, UNH has scored on most everyone outside of nova and UMass’s defense is still suspect. After two home losses this year, I think UMass is a beaten team and I think UNH can still be playing for a home game in the playoffs. I go with the Wildcats here and UMass officially starts playing for next year.

Towson 3 villanova 42 – Towson is just bad all the way around. Schaeffer is a pretty good QB and it’s hard to see him go out this way, but he’s got nothing around him. Villanova could still be playing for a playoff seed, with only a loss to WVU and a hail mary loss to JMU staining the resume. nova should roll in this one and should be looking forward to the Blue Hens in Newark to end the season.

Northeastern 28 Hofstra 10 – The only game on the schedule that has no playoff implications at all. Northeastern’s been a game team all year, but just not good enough to get to that next level. Hofstra, meanwhile, has had a miserable year that has to be putting some pressure on Cohen to hold onto his job. It won’t get any prettier this week as the Huskies continue to play solid ball and easily handle an overmatched opponent.

Delaware 21 Richmond 28 – Delaware may have actually found a QB finally in red-shirt freshman Ritacco, who now holds the distinction of being the first Keeler QB recruit from high school to actually start a game at UD. Of course, the question is why it took so long to give this kid a shot considering the downward spiral of play that they were getting from Schoenhoft. Ritacco isn’t going to set the world on fire, but he’s more than adequate to play the position. Richmond is still on the precipice of the playoffs and can’t afford any more losses this year, especially to a Delaware team that isn’t going anywhere after next week. UD’s defense will take a hit with Marcorelle now probably out for the season, and Richmond presents a pretty balanced offense. The Hens will hang close in this game as now they have some interest in playing now that the QB position seems to have been solved, but the Spiders have more to play for and are just better.

William and Mary 28 JMU 31 – Yes, I think this game will be close. I’ve doubted W&M all year, and to a point I still do since I’m picking them to lose, but I think they have enough talent and moxie to stick close to JMU. I’m not sold on JMU’s defense and eventually the holes at LB are going to catch up to them. W&M has a running threat in Grimes and Phillips is a guy who can scramble and who is very adept at hitting the underneath patterns. And Laycock is a coach who can exploit what the defense gives him. I think W&M will move the ball very well in this game. The problem is, I don’t see how W&M stops JMU from moving the ball. JMU is where they are right now primarily because of the play of the offensive line and Landers. The RB’s for JMU are a dime a dozen, but Landers is special (running the ball that is) and that o-line is as good as it’s been since the ’04 team. It’s in W&M’s best interest to play ball control and try to keep JMU’s offense on the sideline as much as possible, but in the end, I think that’s the difference for the Dukes.

89Hen
November 10th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'm pissed I didn't take Maine last week. That said...

Maine 38 - URI 10
UMass 35 - UNH 31
Villanova 42 - Towson 7
Northeastern 28 - Hofstra 17
JMU 31 - W&M 28
Richmond 35 - Delaware 17

danefan
November 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Go Hens!

Hoyadestroya85
November 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I'm a big fan of the passive-aggressive lowercase "v" i detested it at first, but your predictions have been solid all year, and you're quite realistic about the Hens.. much respect

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Maine
UNH
Villanova
Northeastern
JMU
Richmond

JMU game will not be close. Richmond game will not be close. W&M gets exposed and I'm still not sold on Delaware keeping it close with Richmond.

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Terror ensures about UMass/UNH Game.

Goodness. With that said, it's possible that it has ABSOLUTELY no implications on the playoff race. If UNH beats Maine and UMass, they're in at 9-2. If UNH loses to Massachusetts and beats Maine, they're still in, likely, at 9-3, given the other options are a likely 8-4 Furman team or an 8-4 UMass with a win over UNH but a loss to Maine and 4 losses. If UNH beats UMass and loses to Maine, they're probably out as the fifth team from the CAA, unless Cal Poly loses, they get in over Elon or if Furman loses to Georgia Southern and then beats Wofford, potentially knocking both out.

We'll see.

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM
UNH would be 8-3 with a win over Maine and a loss to UMass. Sorry for the confusion.

mainejeff
November 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'm pissed I didn't take Maine last week. That said...

UMass 35 - UNH 31

Ballsy pick......and I'm inclined to agree. xthumbsupx

KAUMASS
November 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I am picking all underdogs for fun this week as it really could stir the pot in the CAA. This is what I came up with.

UMass-still dangerous, nothing to lose here. Fingernail chance in hell of making the playoffs.
URI-Maine can be passed on, forget running the ball. URI had a buy week
and got some FBS transfers in last week.
Delaware-nothing to lose, big south rivalry game. Schoenhoft gets some time on the defensive line and picks off a screen pass. What the heck, he is 6'6", 260.
Towson-Schaefer's last big game as a QB
W&M-Tribe is pesky here, late turnover by JMU, JMU' luck runs out. Philipps throws the lights out. He watched the UMass game film on how to throw against JMU.
Hofstra-(Hofstra is the lower ranked GPI). Hofstra pulls out the trick plays instead of Northeastern. Hofstra gets some ideas from watching film on Northeastern.

mcveyrl
November 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I am picking all underdogs for fun this week as it really could stir the pot in the CAA. This is what I came up with.

UMass-still dangerous, nothing to lose here. Fingernail chance in hell of making the playoffs.
Delaware-nothing to lose, big south rivalry game. Schoenhoft gets some time on the defensive line and picks off a screen pass. What the heck, he is 6'6", 260.
W&M-Tribe is pesky here, late turnover by JMU, JMU' luck runs out. Philipps throws the lights out. He watched the UMass game film on how to throw against JMU.
Hofstra-(Hofstra is the lower ranked GPI). Hofstra pulls out the trick plays instead of Northeastern. Hofstra gets some ideas from watching film on Northeastern.

If all of this happens (not saying that some of it won't), the entire conference will implode!!

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 12:22 PM

I won't bother even thinking about the possible playoff nonsense that would come from these results! xrotatehx

Tribe4SF
November 10th, 2008, 12:29 PM

Works for me!xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
November 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I won't bother even thinking about the possible playoff nonsense that would come from these results! xrotatehx

I'm serious. If all of that happens, KAUMASS is the anti-christ and I'm moving to France.

UNHWildCats
November 10th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Only two weeks to the playoffs, for some teams obviously, so things start to get real interesting. Here’s my take:

Maine 35 URI 21 – Maine’s improbable run to the playoffs got a real boost with an impressive win in Amherst last week. Frankly, I basically have Maine in the playoffs now as I see them winning this game and I think they handle UNH in Orono next week. Who’d thunk that Cosgrove could put this type of a season together. Maine doesn’t do anything great, but they are a fundamentally solid team and they should, barring a letdown, roll in Kingston this week. Could be a trap game, but it’s hard to have a trap game when every game matters.

UMass 28 New Hampshire 38 – With UMass’s lost last week, it’s possible they are already on the outside looking in, although it would be hard to leave out an 8-4 UMass team. However, I’m not sure they even get to 8-4. UMass isn’t great on either side of the ball this year and that could bode poorly for this game. UNH showed some defense last week against villanova and UMass’s offense has been far from explosive this year. On the other side of the ball, UNH has scored on most everyone outside of nova and UMass’s defense is still suspect. After two home losses this year, I think UMass is a beaten team and I think UNH can still be playing for a home game in the playoffs. I go with the Wildcats here and UMass officially starts playing for 2010.

Towson 3 villanova 42 – Towson is just bad all the way around. Schaeffer is a pretty good QB and it’s hard to see him go out this way, but he’s got nothing around him. Villanova could still be playing for a playoff seed, with only a loss to WVU and a hail mary loss to JMU staining the resume. nova should roll in this one and should be looking forward to the Blue Hens in Newark to end the season.

Northeastern 28 Hofstra 10 – The only game on the schedule that has no playoff implications at all. Northeastern’s been a game team all year, but just not good enough to get to that next level. Hofstra, meanwhile, has had a miserable year that has to be putting some pressure on Cohen to hold onto his job. It won’t get any prettier this week as the Huskies continue to play solid ball and easily handle an overmatched opponent.

Delaware 21 Richmond 28 – Delaware may have actually found a QB finally in red-shirt freshman Ritacco, who now holds the distinction of being the first Keeler QB recruit from high school to actually start a game at UD. Of course, the question is why it took so long to give this kid a shot considering the downward spiral of play that they were getting from Schoenhoft. Ritacco isn’t going to set the world on fire, but he’s more than adequate to play the position. Richmond is still on the precipice of the playoffs and can’t afford any more losses this year, especially to a Delaware team that isn’t going anywhere after next week. UD’s defense will take a hit with Marcorelle now probably out for the season, and Richmond presents a pretty balanced offense. The Hens will hang close in this game as now they have some interest in playing now that the QB position seems to have been solved, but the Spiders have more to play for and are just better.

William and Mary 28 JMU 31 – Yes, I think this game will be close. I’ve doubted W&M all year, and to a point I still do since I’m picking them to lose, but I think they have enough talent and moxie to stick close to JMU. I’m not sold on JMU’s defense and eventually the holes at LB are going to catch up to them. W&M has a running threat in Grimes and Phillips is a guy who can scramble and who is very adept at hitting the underneath patterns. And Laycock is a coach who can exploit what the defense gives him. I think W&M will move the ball very well in this game. The problem is, I don’t see how W&M stops JMU from moving the ball. JMU is where they are right now primarily because of the play of the offensive line and Landers. The RB’s for JMU are a dime a dozen, but Landers is special (running the ball that is) and that o-line is as good as it’s been since the ’04 team. It’s in W&M’s best interest to play ball control and try to keep JMU’s offense on the sideline as much as possible, but in the end, I think that’s the difference for the Dukes.
fixed it for ya :p Umass doesnt make the playoffs in years their schedule rotation has JMU, Delaware and Richmond xreadx

KAUMASS
November 10th, 2008, 02:49 PM
fixed it for ya :p Umass doesnt make the playoffs in years their schedule rotation has JMU, Delaware and Richmond xreadx

UMass is only in the National Championship game every 10 years or so and wins it once in a while as well......................while UNH cannot make it past the second round...you should think about what you say b4 you shoot your mouth offxnonox

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
UMass is only in the National Championship game every 10 years or so and wins it once in a while as well......................while UNH cannot make it past the second round...you should think about what you say b4 you shoot your mouth offxnonox

Thinking before he shoots off his mouth? Travis? I'm just surprised he hasn't completely jinxed UNH's season away, yet. xthumbsupx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 10th, 2008, 09:46 PM

Thinking before he shoots off his mouth? Travis? I'm just surprised he hasn't completely jinxed UNH's season away, yet. xthumbsupx

No kidding!! I still haven't forgotten nor forgiven for his nonsense in 2005!! :p xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
November 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM
No kidding!! I still haven't forgotten nor forgiven for his nonsense in 2005!! :p xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
that damn boxscore screamed 56-21 score xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM

I wasn't even a member of the board and I can't forgive him.

R3TRO
November 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
As of right now the weather for Satuday's UMass @ UNH game is looking depressing(70% Chance of rain) and will definitely have an impact on the outcome, IMO. xeekx

Going to be interesting!

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
As of right now the weather for Satuday's UMass @ UNH game is looking depressing(70% Chance of rain) and will definitely have an impact on the outcome, IMO. xeekx

Going to be interesting!

Sounds like a recipe for another poor showing for students. I'll take up one of the four spots in the student section.

R3TRO
November 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a recipe for another poor showing for students. I'll take up one of the four spots in the student section.

Well, i'll be one of the few students there..in the student section.

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Well, i'll be one of the few students there..in the student section.

Outstanding. Glad to hear it. If you see three guys (two in Santos jerseys, one in a Ball jersey) feel free to come say hello.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 11th, 2008, 07:44 PM
URI 34, Maine 24. Oh, Oh, rain falls on the Black Bears parade, .... :(

UNH 38, UMass 28. Loss to Villanova still sprinkled with impressive offensive attack and, at times, effective defensive play. UNH has LOTS to play for, UMASS not so much. xthumbsupx

Villanova 52, Towson 7. Start your engines for drive for Top 4 seed! xsmiley_wix

Northeastern 21, Hofstra 17. NU is STILL better than most folks give them credit for. xnodx

W&M 28, JMU 27. Why not? It could very well happen. Let's throw the conference into a tizzy! :D

Richmond 45, Delaware 10. Rebuilding starts after this weekend for the proud UD program. xnonono2x

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM
There is definitely room for upsets this week. The obvious one is UMass over UNH, but I would not really call that an upset when you consider performance this season and past rivalry.

I tend to think that William and Mary has a shot against James Madison, but at the same time, they are a roughing the passer penalty away from already having three losses, so I'm trying not to drink too much kool-aid. James Madison is still playing for the #1 overall seed, so I don't think they'll take this game lightly. William and Mary can absolutely move the ball, as Phillips is one of the best in the CAA and Grimes looks very good, but I don't think they can stop JMU. I think JMU is much more likely to stop them.

I too think the Rhode Island/Maine game will be close. Remember, this is the same Maine team that struggled against Monmouth and beat Hofstra in overtime. I think they've absolutely developed and they were fantastic against UMass, but I think URI could cause them some trouble. They can pass the ball and their weakness, defense, is not as noticeable against a team that operates in a more ball control setting.

I don't see anyway that Richmond or 'Nova could lose, and the NU/HU game is a complete toss-up. NU is probably better, but who knows. Got to win one eventually.

wideright82
November 11th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Maine 27 URI 20

UMass 21 UNH 20

Villanova Towson (again no jinx, but a species of cat will win this one)

NU 20 Hofstra 13

JMU 21 W&M 24 (have fun with this one selection committee)

Richmond 21 Delaware 20 (i have a sneaking suspicion this one is gonna be close, then again what the hell do i know, I'm terrible at this)

UDBlueLotFan
November 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Maine 27 URI 20

UMass 21 UNH 20

Villanova Towson (again no jinx, but a species of cat will win this one)

NU 20 Hofstra 13

JMU 21 W&M 24 (have fun with this one selection committee)

Richmond 21 Delaware 20 (i have a sneaking suspicion this one is gonna be close, then again what the hell do i know, I'm terrible at this)

Maine....24 URI....21 (edited; forgot ya on initial post)
UMass...24 UNH...28
Nova.....56 TU.....14
NU........28 HU.....07
JMU.......31 W/M...21 (W/M can score, but not enough D)
UR.........49 UD.....17 (UD gets 17pts with new QB, but D is thin with injuries)

tandemlax
November 11th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Maine 31 URI 20-Maine could get caught looking ahead, but the Rams defense isn't good enough to spring the upset
UNH 34 UMass 21-UNH needs to keep its destiny squarely in its own hands-they will
Villanova 42 Towson 0-Towson offense is a one man show. One man cannot score on 'Nova
Northeastern 17 Hofstra 16- NU will win if they can cut down on the big plays that killed them last week
Richmond 27 Delaware 3-Spiders set up showdown in Williamsburg
JMU 45 W&M 31-Tribe still unable to play a complete game- turnover battle the decider. Phillips is a high risk-high reward QB- He must be both spectacular and mistake free to give W&M a chance.

UNHWildCats
November 12th, 2008, 12:02 AM
UMass...24 UNH...28
Nova.....56 TU.....14
NU........28 HU.....07
JMU.......31 W/M...21 (W/M can score, but not enough D)
UR.........49 UD.....17 (UD gets 17pts with new QB, but D is thin with injuries)

Maine 31 URI 20-Maine could get caught looking ahead, but the Rams defense isn't good enough to spring the upset
UNH 34 UMass 21-UNH needs to keep its destiny squarely in its own hands-they will
Villanova 42 Towson 0-Towson offense is a one man show. One man cannot score on 'Nova
Northeastern 17 Hofstra 16- NU will win if they can cut down on the big plays that killed them last week
Richmond 27 Delaware 3-Spiders set up showdown in Williamsburg
JMU 45 W&M 31-Tribe still unable to play a complete game- turnover battle the decider. Phillips is a high risk-high reward QB- He must be both spectacular and mistake free to give W&M a chance.
my two new best friends xcoolx

4th and What?
November 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
UMass - 21 UNH - 30 - UNH will look strong heading into a UNH/Maine showdown for a playoff birth.

Nova - 28 TU - 10 - Nova hasn't been putting up the big numbers I would of expected from them recently. Would be nice to see them blow out Townson and UD to make a strong case for a seed, but I don't think they will.

NU - 24 Hofstra - 18 - Eh? Wha?

JMU - 38 W&M - 28 - JMU coming off a bye week. Will be interesting to see how the LB's have improved, and this is a great game to test them. W&M is playing for it all here, and will have some momentum, but not enough.

Richmond - 38 Delaware - 17 - Richmond will look solid going into next week at W&M.

UDBlueLotFan
November 12th, 2008, 06:51 AM

Towson, may not score, but I'd say TWO man show. #85, 6'9" WR is a stud; he could play on Sundays...

tandemlax
November 12th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Fair enough- I wasn't impressed the two times I've seen the Tigers play, but I certainly suffer from small sample size. Wish more CAA games were on TV.

GeeWiz
November 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Maine 34 URI 17 - Dirty Cubs are on a big time roll

UNH 31 UMass 28 - I think the 'Cats finally get by UMass to seal their fate

'Nova 35 Towson 7 - 'Cats gear up for the playoffs

NU 28 Hofstra 24 - With hoops season in swing, it gets difficult to post football predictions ... anyway, NU gets off the schnied in a win that will be seen by very few fans xrolleyesx

Richmond 31 UD 14 - Spiders also prepare for the postseason with a easy win

JMU 38 W&M 28 - The Tribe have been a pleasant surprise but I don't think they're at JMU's level yet

art vandelay
November 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
UNH beats UMASS every three years. check it out.

WrenFGun
November 12th, 2008, 06:14 PM
You are seriously anti UNH, dude. You pick them to lose literally every week.

BlueHen86
November 12th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Maine 34 URI 17 - Dirty Cubs are on a big time roll

UNH 31 UMass 28 - I think the 'Cats finally get by UMass to seal their fate

'Nova 35 Towson 7 - 'Cats gear up for the playoffs

NU 28 Hofstra 24 - With hoops season in swing, it gets difficult to post football predictions ... anyway, NU gets off the schnied in a win that will be seen by very few fans xrolleyesx

Richmond 31 UD 14 - Spiders also prepare for the postseason with a easy win

JMU 38 W&M 28 - The Tribe have been a pleasant surprise but I don't think they're at JMU's level yet
I like your picks. Mine would be very similiar.

rcny46
November 12th, 2008, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=WrenFGun;1204338]You are seriously anti UNH, dude. You pick them to lose literally every week.[/QUO

There are more than a few of them on these boards,but he's the undisputed leader.

Turfwar
November 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Good Picks to everyone, could be a wild week, as for the JMU / W&M game, the questions are what is the weather going to be, rain or shine, can be a big issue for a passing attack.

JMU 38 - W&M 24

Cobblestone
November 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
New Hampshire vs Massachusetts
Rhode Island vs Maine <<-- at least we can play the role of spoilers.
James Madison vs William & Mary
Hofstra vs Northeastern
Villanova vs Towson <<-- Nova just might win it all once the playoffs start
Richmond vs Delaware

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=WrenFGun;1204338]You are seriously anti UNH, dude. You pick them to lose literally every week.[/QUO

There are more than a few of them on these boards,but he's the undisputed leader.
xnodx

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I think UMASS will slaughter UNH, remember URI threw all over UNH, and URI sucks, Cohen will have a field day with the UNH DBs.

The same could be said about UNH throwing all over that questionable UMASS D that has failed to show up this year.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Good Picks to everyone, could be a wild week, as for the JMU / W&M game, the questions are what is the weather going to be, rain or shine, can be a big issue for a passing attack.

JMU 38 - W&M 24

I actually think wind affects passing more than rain. In any event, it looks like a 60% chance of showers as of Thursday morning. Weather changes very quickly in the Valley. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I don't see weather being a major factor in this other than the possibility of a few fair weather fans staying away, which benefits W&M of course.

UDBlueLotFan
November 13th, 2008, 10:42 AM
New Hampshire vs Massachusetts
Rhode Island vs Maine <<-- at least we can play the role of spoilers.
James Madison vs William & Mary
Hofstra vs Northeastern
Villanova vs Towson <<-- Nova just might win it all once the playoffs start

Richmond vs Delaware

You have bigger stones than me, picking UD!! xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
November 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I think UMASS will slaughter UNH, remember URI threw all over UNH, and URI sucks, Cohen will have a field day with the UNH DBs.
Perhaps, but my grandmother could score on the UMass D so I dont see how you can come up with UMass slauightering UNH

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Maine
UNH
Villanova
Northeastern
Richmond
JMU

smcwildcat
November 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM
unh toman wins annual award

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I guess I saw UMASS throttle URI, and UNH struggled against URI, so I believe UMASS will slaughter UNH, we will see soon enough.

Did you see UNH hold an FBS team to 10 points and put 28 up on them?

UNHWildCats
November 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I guess I saw UMASS throttle URI, and UNH struggled against URI, so I believe UMASS will slaughter UNH, we will see soon enough.
And UNH beat Northeastern by 12 while Umass won by 4.

Comparing how each did against an opponent is useless/

UNHWildCats
November 13th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Did you see UNH hold an FBS team to 10 points and put 28 up on them?
but it was only Army xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

jstclmet
November 14th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Last week 4 - 1. 65/80 for 82% on the season.

Congrats Maine, and welcome back UD. The 2008 season started about 10 wks ago, but it's certainly nice of you to make an appearance this year. The regular season will be over in about 8 days, but you're certainly welcome to stay and help yourself to some pie and leftover turkey xlolx 2009 will be here before you can say "Transfer QB". :D

On to the pics;

W&M 21 @ JMU 28. Part of me thinks the scoring will be higher, but if there's any bad weather in Harrionsburg this weekend, then the final score may actually be in this range. Oh, btw, it's near midnight CinderMary.....

UD 21 @ UR 31. Again, a pulse has been found in UD. "IT'S ALIIIIVE". But, UR is seeking a playoff spot, and will look to bury UD back into the depths of the "Neverlands".

UMass 20 @ UNH 22. Originally when I wrote this, I said, "hope this doesn't cost UMass a seed". Now it looks like this lost will be the final straw in UMass playoff hopes. Go Cats. Sorry, that's just a habit I can't break.

Maine 31 @ URI 13. Earlier, I had written URI would steal this one at home 14 - 13. Admittedly, I was wrong as Maine has something to play for....DA PLAYOFFS. Maine takes no mercy on URI.

TU 7 @ Nova 28. Nova inching one step closer to that 3 Seed. Weather might keep the score down.

NU 13 @ HU 14. If any game is stolen at home, it might be this one. Both squads playing out the string and looking forward to next year.

Good luck

Longhorn
November 15th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I am picking all underdogs for fun this week as it really could stir the pot in the CAA.

Well, that was fun while it lasted! xsmiley_wix

R3TRO
November 15th, 2008, 04:50 PM

xazzx

He did have a field day.... throwing to our DBs

UNHWildCats
November 15th, 2008, 05:07 PM
xazzx

post of the year!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Uncle Buck
November 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM
All i know, if for about 60 minutes today, Hofstra looked like they did back in the late 90's. We ran the ball, we threw the ball, we played a little defense. I don't care who it was against, it felt good to score and win.

jlcharles
November 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Heck of a game by Towson. Schaeffer is good...real good. He diced up our D. One stupid play cost them the game. Followed up our 0 penalty game with an even 10. For anyone there, what did you think of the 15 for annihilating the WR? Looked clean to me. Pass interference on an uncatchable ball at one point. I'd be furious with the refs if we lost because they were questionable at best.

UNHWildCats
November 15th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Heck of a game by Towson. Schaeffer is good...real good. He diced up our D. One stupid play cost them the game. Followed up our 0 penalty game with an even 10. For anyone there, what did you think of the 15 for annihilating the WR? Looked clean to me. Pass interference on an uncatchable ball at one point. I'd be furious with the refs if we lost because they were questionable at best.
were you complaining about inept refs last week.... xeyebrowx

jlcharles
November 15th, 2008, 07:51 PM
There was a difference with the refs last week as has been stated on here numerous times. They were mental mistakes on UNH. Offsides, false starts, illegal formation. 2 holding calls the whole game, both of them on UNH. The refs let them play. It wasn't that way today.

89Hen
November 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Maine 38 - URI 10 (37-7) xthumbsupx
UMass 35 - UNH 31 (21-52) xconfusedx xoopsx
Villanova 42 - Towson 7 (34-31) xconfusedx
Northeastern 28 - Hofstra 17 (14-42) xconfusedx xconfusedx
JMU 31 - W&M 28 (48-24) xeyebrowx
Richmond 35 - Delaware 17 (31-14) xthumbsupx xbawlingx

Thought UNH was the pretender, but I guess it was UMass.

BDKJMU
November 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM

Yes, Landers is special. Lately it has been running AND passing the ball. Against W&M 14 of 19, 212, 3 TDs, no INTs. 18 carries, 148 yards, 1 TD. Landers has 14 passing TDs on the season, only 3 INTs. Last 6 games, 11 TD passes, 0 INTs. Of those last 6, 2 he didn't have a TD pass-Maine (heavy rain) and UD.

Agree about the JMU o-line. They don't get the credit they deserve. 317 yds rushing against W&M, and gave Landers time to throw all day. And the W&M defense was suppose to be a lot better than their last year's very bad defense.

BDKJMU
November 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Yeah, he threw the lights out. Thats why early in the 4th qtr when JMU went up 45-10 W&M had 169 yards total offense.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
xazzx

Yup, as he did yesterday vs. UNH,.... xsmiley_wix