PDA

View Full Version : New Socon leader in receiving yards

elon77
November 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
This past Saturday against WCU Elon's Terrell Hudgins became the Socon's all time leader in receiving yards with 3544. The record was held by Marshall standout Mike Barber. In the same game Hudgins became the Socon record holder for number of games with at least 100 yards receiving, which is 18. Congrat's to Jr. wide receiver Terrell Hudgins.xthumbsupx

CrackerRiley
November 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Congrat's to Jr. wide receiver Terrell Hudgins.xthumbsupx
xeekx
yeah, congrats to him.

Hoyadestroya85
November 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM
did he redshirt?

HiHiYikas
November 10th, 2008, 11:30 AM
This past Saturday against WCU Elon's Terrell Hudgins became the Socon's all time leader in receiving yards with 3544. The record was held by Marshall standout Mike Barber. In the same game Hudgins became the Socon record holder for number of games with at least 100 yards receiving, which is 18. Congrat's to Jr. wide receiver Terrell Hudgins.xthumbsupx
I heard that on the radio Saturday. Great accomplishment by a great receiver.

Good luck to him and the rest of the Phoenii (Phoenices?, Phoenae?) on Saturday. Should be a great game with ASU.

eaglewithabus
November 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Congrats! That guy is really something special.

appfan2008
November 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
congrats to him that is amazing... he can really put that record out of reach next year...

GATA
November 10th, 2008, 01:52 PM

Damn that's a lot of yards. He's a beast! xbowx

PhoenixPhan06
November 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
did he redshirt?

Yeah, he sat out his freshman year after transferring from ECU.

xbowx Congrats on the new record T-Mobilexbowx

Biff
November 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
The title of the thread was misleading as I thought we were talking about the season leader. That's a serious stat.

ElonPride
November 10th, 2008, 02:10 PM
The title of the thread was misleading as I thought we were talking about the season leader. That's a serious stat.

Acutally, I think he broke that record last year xsmiley_wix

Biff
November 10th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Acutally, I think he broke that record last year xsmiley_wix

Really? It was already a tough record to break. When Hudgins is done with it, no telling when it will be broken again.

Andre Roberts is leading for the season stats (I think ... 1152 yards so far), but we end against Florida. I doubt seriously that he will keep pace to hold it for the season.

Hudgins is a great player and will do well at the next level. By the way, TO didn't have near the stats at UTC that Hudgins does.

PhoenixSupreme
November 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
By the way, TO didn't have near the stats at UTC that Hudgins does.

I love just thinking about that lol. Congrats to Hudgins.

By the way, is Jerry Rice the career FCS receiving yardage leader (4693 yds)? If so, then Hudgins is only 1149 yds away from that record, he could very well break that in his senior season next year. I don't know if that's the FCS record though or not.

mistersykes
November 10th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Congrats to Hudgins. He can play. That's for sure. Luckily he's got a good QB to toss it to him too.

mcveyrl
November 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I heard that on the radio Saturday. Great accomplishment by a great receiver.

Good luck to him and the rest of the Phoenii (Phoenices?, Phoenae?) on Saturday. Should be a great game with ASU.

Congrats to him!!

BTW, The Elon Phoenices is an incredible nickname!!

Reign of Terrier
November 10th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I seriously thought he broke it last year

Rekdiver
November 10th, 2008, 03:52 PM
He's a very good one no doubt. Why did he leave ECU? Just curious what are yards after catch?

ElonPride
November 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
He's a very good one no doubt. Why did he leave ECU? Just curious what are yards after catch?

He was a QB at ECU and low on the depth chart. Truly a steal for us!

Appstate29
November 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I love just thinking about that lol. Congrats to Hudgins.

By the way, is Jerry Rice the career FCS receiving yardage leader (4693 yds)? If so, then Hudgins is only 1149 yds away from that record, he could very well break that in his senior season next year. I don't know if that's the FCS record though or not.

I think someone just broke it, whoever has it though, Hudgins will be testing it.

Woof
November 10th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Not necessarily on topic, but just curious....I'd like to see a comparison of height, weight, 40 time, stats, etc between Hudgins and Andre Roberts. Roberts was much more effective against us than Hudgins, but that might be attributable to Blanchard having more time than Riddle to throw the ball....both seem good enough to at least get a shot at the NFL.

matfu
November 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I remember the name Mike Barber. Good to have this go to a member of a current southern conf. team. Congrats!

gophoenix
November 10th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Not necessarily on topic, but just curious....I'd like to see a comparison of height, weight, 40 time, stats, etc between Hudgins and Andre Roberts. Roberts was much more effective against us than Hudgins, but that might be attributable to Blanchard having more time than Riddle to throw the ball....both seem good enough to at least get a shot at the NFL.

I think a lot of that is attributed to the fact taht the team melted down that day. Hard for him to get anything when the rest of the offense is playing in complete panic mode.

phoenix3
November 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Riddle also has more options to throw to than Hudgins. Blanchard pretty much has just one receiver. Having said that, Roberts is absolutely a phenomenal receiver. Having seen them both play several times, I'd say Hudgins has the better hands but Roberts has the better moves.

phoenix3
November 10th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Really? It was already a tough record to break. When Hudgins is done with it, no telling when it will be broken again.

Andre Roberts is leading for the season stats (I think ... 1152 yards so far), but we end against Florida. I doubt seriously that he will keep pace to hold it for the season.

Hudgins is a great player and will do well at the next level. By the way, TO didn't have near the stats at UTC that Hudgins does.

If Roberts finishes the last two games with his average per game, (115.2 ypg) he will have 1382 yards. Hudgins set the record last year at 1474 (in 11 games, an average of 134 ypg).