PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week 12

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2008, 08:22 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 38-17 (7-13 SLC)
Total: 84-31 (31-17 SLC)

Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State - PINK OUT! Yep, there's going to be a good amount of pink in Huntsville. Bearkats are coming off a big win in the Cajun Country. The Lions are making the long trek to Huntsville. SHSU has two wins in a row and is trying to get a winning record on the season and still has an outside shot at the AQ. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Nicholls State @ Texas State - San Marcos - Working against the Bobcats is that Nicholls has dominated this 'rivalry' as of late. Is it really a rivalry when it is as one-sided as it's been? Just stealing words from J.C Harper when talking SHSU-SFA rivalry. Also, the Bobcats are surprisingly a better road team than home team. Talk about a change of pace! If the Bobcats lose one more game this year, this is it. It'd definitely make the final week of the season more enjoyable with so much at take. NICHOLLS STATE

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin - Central Arkansas is going to take it to SFA in Nacogdoches. The Bears are within grasp of getting a piece of the SLC title and Nathan Brown was back in form against NWST last week. Jacks will make it competitive and it could be a shootout (ala SHSU-UCA), but Bears win. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

McNeese State @ Northwestern State - Demons looked like utter crap against UCA, losing 42-6. That was not a team that had destiny in their hands. I've doubted the Demons before after a blowout loss (see Cal Poly), but can I really doubt them again? Yes, as long as McNeese loses to UCA next week. McNEESE STATE

blackfordpu
November 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State - I still have no faith in this Kats team. I just don't feel any intensity from them. Yes, they have won a couple of games but SELA has some dangerous players and I think they squeak this one out.

Nicholls State @ Texas State - San Marcos - These teams are questionable so I have to go with the home team.

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin - Another battle of the purples. I don't think this one is a question.

McNeese State @ Northwestern State - The Kats made the Demons look like world beaters, which they are not. The Cowboys take care of business.

slycat
November 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State - The Kats are looking somewhat better. The Lions looked lost yesterday. Though play improved when they went to their back up QB. Turnovers cost them the game against the Bobcats. If they can not turnover the ball it'll be close. I'll go with the home team.

Nicholls State @ Texas State - Cats need a big win at home. They always struggle against Nicholls but this year playoffs are are the line. Please bring home the paddle.

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin - Could be easy.

McNeese State @ Northwestern State - Bobcat fans need the Cowboys to win.

sharkeycox
November 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
SE Lions beat Kats by 10

Nicholls option befuddles TSUSM by 14

Central Arkansas and Brown outgun SFA by 21

McNeese grinds Demons behind Pendland attack by 17xcoffeex

BEAR
November 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State - The Kats are playing more consistent. Kats by 7.

Nicholls State @ Texas State - Nicholls is a quarter team. Heads they win, tails they lose. Defense will decide this game. Toss up game. Nicholls by 3.

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin - The Bears were so focused on how to win that they played way too tight win against Nicholls the week. But after a week of enjoyable practices and less stress, plus the addition of 2 more defensive players (Bane and Summers) who have missed the entire year, the Bears are more relaxed and ready to take it one game at a time. Bears in a rout by 21.

McNeese State @ Northwestern State - This is your chance to take the autobid Demons!

MaximumBobcat
November 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Cats Win.

Pokes win.

McNeese75
November 9th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State

Nicholls State @ Texas State
Gotta hope I'm wrong on this one :D

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin

McNeese State @ Northwestern State

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
For SHSU to reach the playoffs, we need wins by TXST and McN this week (in addition to our own, of course) and then for both teams to lose next week (TXST against SHSU and McN against UCA)...perhaps I should change my projections because I think it'd be pretty funny if we pulled it off...

Dallas Demon
November 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM
For SHSU to reach the playoffs, we need wins by TXST and McN this week (in addition to our own, of course) and then for both teams to lose next week (TXST against SHSU and McN against UCA)...perhaps I should change my projections because I think it'd be pretty funny if we pulled it off...

AND you would need Northwestern to lose against SFA for the last week too in addition to the above. Also, you might possibly need SFA to lose to Central Arkansas, but I'd have to get out the rule book on that one.

KleinTx05
November 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM
TT, If you think SAM HOUSTON can get in the playoffs ...you are a joke!!! They beat Nicholls ..how ...i dont know ...but even lite shines in a prison every blue moon. I just dont see this happening. The odds are too great.

On a better note ... YES TXST needs to win this game against Nicholls this weekend. I hope we come out this weekend with a different tune home. Lord knows we gonna need it!!xbowx

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2008, 06:59 PM
TT, If you think SAM HOUSTON can get in the playoffs ...you are a joke!!! They beat Nicholls ..how ...i dont know ...but even lite shines in a prison every blue moon. I just dont see this happening. The odds are too great.

The odds are great, but it goes to show you that lowly SHSU has a chance! It's crazy and it shows how unbelievable this league has been. No one from SHSU is saying we're going to make it, we're all just shocked we still have a chance and could very well have one in the FINAL week as well!

If we get through this week with still a chance in the last week, that will mean it's a free-for-all for the AQ...should be fun!

JohnStOnge
November 9th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well, I just hope Nicholls State beats Texas State because if it does that'll mean McNeese controls it's own destiny.

Also glad McNeese is done playing on its new home turf for this regular season. I think it's hurt them more than it's helped them. McNeese is a speed/quickness team and the slickness of that turf has caused them big problems. Over the years it'll get better as the turf gets "broken in" but so far it's been a nightmare.

If they do make the playoffs, I actually hope they don't play at home. It's that bad.

BEAR
November 9th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry but all this talk about playoffs for whatever team is really alll nonsense...it'll be a first round knock-out anyway. xcoffeex xlolx xlolx

KleinTx05
November 9th, 2008, 09:04 PM
If we get through this week with still a chance in the last week, that will mean it's a free-for-all for the AQ...should be fun!

For once we agree on something!! xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
November 9th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm sorry but all this talk about playoffs for whatever team is really alll nonsense...it'll be a first round knock-out anyway. xcoffeex xlolx xlolx

This is true and would also be true if UCA were able to go this year. The SLC is not a good league.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2008, 10:10 PM
This is true and would also be true if UCA were able to go this year. The SLC is not a good league.

1) That explains the higher GPI this year by the SLC than the previous few years

2) Explains the wins over teams with present non-losing records from the Big South, Great West, Missouri Valley and SWAC (thanks Pat for the info!) plus a win over the Big Sky. Considering the GWFC has beaten us to a bloody pulp lately, great news!

Parity is not necessarily a bad thing. This league is not as bad as some fans are making it out to be. This has been the most enjoyable SLC season in recent memory, if you ask me.

Unfortunately, we can not get any teams into the playoffs due to the hurricanes wrecking some major early season games that would've been huge had the SLC won them plus our scheduling not being completely there just yet...

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State - I still have no faith in this Kats team. I just don't feel any intensity from them. Yes, they have won a couple of games but SELA has some dangerous players and I think they squeak this one out.

Nicholls State @ Texas State - San Marcos - These teams are questionable so I have to go with the home team.

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin - Another battle of the purples. I don't think this one is a question.

McNeese State @ Northwestern State - The Kats made the Demons look like world beaters, which they are not. The Cowboys take care of business.

And neither is SHSU...xcoffeex

MSU_77
November 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Predicting the SLC this year has turned out to be somewhat of a crapshoot, but some patterns are emerging. I do think the league is a lot stronger overall this season than the past couple, but still below average for the FCS.

SELA @ SHSU

NSU @ TxSt

UCA @ SFA

MSU @ NwSt - McNeese has been transformed into a run-first team with the loss of Quinten Lawrence and the emergence of Todd Pendland as a monster RB. This may be helpful if MSU somehow makes it into the playoffs. Of course, every game is a playoff game now.

GeauxLions94
November 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State - Lions had worst showing of the season with four TOs against Texas State ... defense will have its hands full with Rhett Bomar, who will lift Kats to close win. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Nicholls State @ Texas State - Both teams will "Battle for the Paddle" this week ... Texas State plays like gang-busters on the road ... unfortunately, this game's in San Marcos and the Colonels have controlled the series of late. NICHOLLS STATE

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin - UCA came back to form after its tough loss in Thibodaux with impressive win over Northwestern State ... SFA can put points on the board, but UCA front four, led by Larry Hart, could make the difference. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

McNeese State @ Northwestern State - Cowboys are still in the hunt for the SLC autobid after a big win over Stephen F. Austin ... Todd Pendland, Steven Whitehead and Derrick Fourroux key a Cowboy offense that has been pretty potent this season ... like the Cowboys in this one. McNEESE STATE

JoshUCA
November 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM
SELA @ SHSU
NSU @ TxSt
UCA @ SFA
MSU @ NwSt

buckp
November 10th, 2008, 03:58 PM
SELA @ SHSU
NSU @ TxSt
UCA @ SFA
MSU @ NwSt

I'll change TxSt over NSU, but everything else stays the same....xthumbsupx

Also, I do want to thank SFA for bringing their band to McNeese last Saturday. With a daughter and her best friend (both first chair players in the Barbe High School's 'Band of Blue') sitting next to me, I cannot tell you how excited they were when SFA's band took the field and did a fantastic job! xbowx

I do not remember the last time I've seen a visiting team bring their band and march at The Hole.... xsmhx TxSt in 2003?

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'll change TxSt over NSU, but everything else stays the same....xthumbsupx

Also, I do want to thank SFA for bringing their band to McNeese last Saturday. With a daughter and her best friend (both first chair players in the Barbe High School's 'Band of Blue') sitting next to me, I cannot tell you how excited they were when SFA's band took the field and did a fantastic job! xbowx

I do not remember the last time I've seen a visiting team bring their band and march at The Hole.... xsmhx TxSt in 2003?

NSU brought the SON back in 2003 as well...after not bringing them since 1994. Personally I think they should make it a every year trip...but they have already canceled their away trip to SFA this year b/c of money. xnonono2x

Cat79
November 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Nicholls State @ Texas State
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston
UCA @ SFA

MaximumBobcat
November 11th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Terror, how can you pick Nicholls this week, yet over on KF you pick TxSt to get the SLC autobid?

I know the two are technically possible. But you and me both know that if the Cats lose to Nicholls this week, there's no way they're getting the autobid over McNeese or NwSt.

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2008, 07:05 AM
And neither is SHSU...xcoffeex

What in the world are you talking about?

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Terror, how can you pick Nicholls this week, yet over on KF you pick TxSt to get the SLC autobid?

I know the two are technically possible. But you and me both know that if the Cats lose to Nicholls this week, there's no way they're getting the autobid over McNeese or NwSt.

Not much makes sense in the SLC these days, eh? Guess you could say that my prognostications are based off of where we stand now, not necessarily the end of the season. No telling what will happen these next two weeks...

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Nicholls State @ Texas State -- Unless they play 3 down linemen again xlolx

McNeese State @ Northwestern State -- How will we lose this one this year??? Last 2nd FG off the uprights??? A heart crushing INT??? Allow McNeese to score with 10 secs left??? NSU failing to score after having 1st and goal inside the 5???? Or maybe McNeese will throw an INT while preserving a lead and give us ANOTHER chance to win???? xlolx xlolx xlolx

NAAAAAAAH!!! It can't happen twice, right???
RIGHT??? xconfusedx

Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston --- I'm just gonna go with my gut and pick the home team on this one....

UCA @ SFA --- Too much firepower for Jacks to handle

JollyRoger550
November 14th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Sam Houston State

Nicholls State @ Texas State Lets go cats!

Central Arkansas @ Stephen F. Austin

NSUDemon98
November 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM
What in the world are you talking about?

"The Kats made the Demons look like world beaters, which they are not. The Cowboys take care of business."

Demons aren't world beaters...but neither is SHSU...it was a game of two non-world beaters.xthumbsupx