Cal Poly
Wofford
Northern Iowa
Elon
Richmond
New Hampshire

Still has a shot in hell...
Liberty (in with win over Elon?)
South Dakota St. (needs to win out and overcome four losses)
Maine (could replace New Hampshire if they win out)
William & Mary (could replace Richmond with win over UR or JMU)
Furman (must win out vs GSU & Wofford)
Eastern Kentucky (by winning autobid for OVC)
Tennessee-Martin (by winning autobid for OVC)
Holy Cross (by winning autobid for Patriot)
Any number of Southland teams (by winning autobid for SLC)

Probably eliminated this week...
Northern Arizona
Western Illinois
UMass

Which leave my 1st Round field look like this...
Elon at (1) JMU
Richmond at Northern Iowa
Tennessee State at (4) Southern Illinois
Colgate at Villanova

SCSU at (2) Appalachian State
Wofford at New Hampshire
Cal Poly at (3) Weber State
Northwestern State at Montana

... nailing down the pairings is really tough at this point. I give the #4 seed to the projected MVFC. Villanova and Montana were also contenders for the #4 seed so they get easy (for the playoffs) 1st rd matchups.

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I'd say SDSU has a decent shot, win out and they are in.

T-Dog
November 9th, 2008, 01:05 AM
If Colgate wins the PL it will be Colgate/Villanova in the first round. I also think Cal Poly/Weber St is almost a sure thing.

That upper qtr bracket is killer.

App will either get SCSU or the OVC winner (TSU or UTM). If Wofford wins out I think they'll get SCSU at home since the proximity, and App will get the OVC winner.

The lower qtr of the bracket is pretty much the Western regional.

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Autobids
Big Sky- Weber State
CAA- JMU
MEAC- South Carolina State
MVFC- SIU
OVC- Tennessee State
Patriot- Colgate*
SoCon- App State
SLC- Northwestern State*
* denotes teams currently tied in first place

At-Large Bids
Wofford
UNI
Montana
Cal Poly
Villanova
William and Mary
Richmond
Elon

Last team in...Elon
Last five out(not in order)...UNH, Furman, Maine, SDSU, UT-Martin
Next five out(not in order)...NDSU, Lafayette, Jacksonville State, UMass, FAMU

Playoff Bracket
1.JMU vs Elon
Villanova vs Colgate

4.SIU vs Tennessee State
UNI vs Richmond

2.App State vs William and Mary
SCSU vs Wofford

3.Weber State vs Northwestern State
Montana vs Cal Poly

GolfingGriz
November 9th, 2008, 04:50 AM
It doesnt make sense how SIU would get the 4th seed. They've lost to NDSU who is 5-4. Montana lost to 8-2 and playoff bound Weber State. SIUs best win is at home over UNI, Montana beat a higher ranked Cal Poly on the road. At this point Montana has earned and deserves a seed.

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2008, 05:29 AM
It doesnt make sense how SIU would get the 4th seed. They've lost to NDSU who is 5-4. Montana lost to 8-2 and playoff bound Weber State. SIUs best win is at home over UNI, Montana beat a higher ranked Cal Poly on the road. At this point Montana has earned and deserves a seed.

How about Villanova.. whose only losses so far are against West Virginia and #1 JMU on a last second Hail Mary with a road win against W&M, and home wins against UNH and Richmond...
I would say that's an impressive body of work
The only reason that We're at 6 and 8 in the polls is because we were initially undervalued by the coaches, the media, and the people here at AGS

GolfingGriz
November 9th, 2008, 05:39 AM
How about Villanova.. whose only losses so far are against West Virginia and #1 JMU on a last second Hail Mary with a road win against W&M, and two home wins against UNH and Richmond...
I would say that's an impressive body of work
The only reason that We're at 6 and 8 in the polls is because we were initially undervalued by the coaches, the media, and the people here at AGS

Villanova definately has a better body of work than either of the MVC schools. I'm obviously biased but I think Montana deserves a seed if they win out. ONly one other team in FCS can get to 11-1 going into the playoffs. Its not like last year either with Montana playing a weak schedule. They've have played good teams this year and the last 5 weeks they are blowing them out.

DetroitFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Wow, still no obvious bias here at AGS. Dayton improved to 9-1 overall, 8-1, FCS this past weekend and AGSers cannot even bring themselves to place Dayton in the discussion.

Speaking of bias, who wants to bet me that the Flyers do not even garner 5 votes in the AGS top 25 poll this week?

Hard to believe that most of you consider yourselves to be "above average" football fans....

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Wow, still no obvious bias here at AGS. Dayton improved to 9-1 overall, 8-1, FCS this past weekend and AGSers cannot even bring themselves to place Dayton in the discussion.

Speaking of bias, who wants to bet me that the Flyers do not even garner 5 votes in the AGS top 25 poll this week?

Hard to believe that most of you consider yourselves to be "above average" football fans....

here's your consolation
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/TSNcup.htm

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM

here's your consolation

ekufbfan
November 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Good Grief Louise, the whining....I'll give you a reason to chew on...Dayton isn't getting any votes for the same reason JMU and ASU aren't getting any top 25 votes in the BCS poll....xrulesx

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2008, 07:46 AM

It's hard to believe you consider yourselves to be an above average football team without playing anyone. xpeacex

Cincy App
November 9th, 2008, 08:07 AM

SDSU would still likely be out if they do not claim the MVC auto bid. It's hard (but not impossible) to overcome the 4-loss stigma. SDSU is dependent on other teams at this stage although a lot can still happen (and typically does).

SDSU has a much better shot than Dayton though!!!

Khan4Cats
November 9th, 2008, 08:37 AM
SDSU would still likely be out if they do not claim the MVC auto bid. It's hard (but not impossible) to overcome the 4-loss stigma. SDSU is dependent on other teams at this stage although a lot can still happen (and typically does).

If SDSU wins out, they will be 8-4 against an all D-I schedule, and tie for first in the MVFC at 7-1. I'm not sure how the 4 loss stigma will play out with many teams having a 12-game schedule. The Jackrabbits would be the second MVFC team at 8-4 over an 8-3 Southern Illinois team, with only 7 D-I wins. I doubt the committee only takes 1 MVFC team.

LehighFan11
November 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM

Who exactly do you think Dayton should get in over?

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 9th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Ahhh, all is right in the world. Leaves are falling outside, so I was wondering when the Dayton fans complaining about their not being in the playoffs would emerge... xcoffeex

appfan2008
November 9th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I would love to see the ovc winner or scsu come to boone over a dangerous richmond or other caa team...

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Ahhh, all is right in the world. Leaves are falling outside, so I was wondering when the Dayton fan complaining about their not being in the playoffs would emerge... xcoffeex

fixed it

rcny46
November 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I honestly feel that Maine would be a lock if they win their last two.They've come on strong at the end-or will have-and I think the committee will take notice of that.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Anyone keeping NWST in their playoff prognostications did not check the scoreboard and see that the Demons completely collapsed and did not show up this past weekend...

They are in big trouble.

mainejeff
November 9th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I honestly feel that Maine would be a lock if they win their last two.They've come on strong at the end-or will have-and I think the committee will take notice of that.

Do you REALLY think a team that wins its last 7 games would deserve it? ;)

It's obvious that Southern bias runs rampant on this board. If a 9-3 Maine team or 8-3 UNH team is not chosen.......you can expect a split of the CAA to suddenly become a priority for the Northern schools. xthumbsupx

DetroitFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 10:13 AM
There is still a lot of football to be played, but IF Dayton wins out, we finish at 10-1 FCS, 11-1 overall.... How many teams with 10 FCS wins in a season have been kept out of the playoffs?

LehighFan11
November 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
There is still a lot of football to be played, but IF Dayton wins out, we finish at 10-1 FCS, 11-1 overall.... How many teams with 10 FCS wins in a season have been kept out of the playoffs?

Do you believe they are one of the 16 best teams in the country?

wkuhillhound
November 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM

It's obvious that Southern bias runs rampant on this board. If a 9-3 Maine team or 8-3 UNH team is not chosen.......you can expect a split of the CAA to suddenly become a priority for the Northern schools. xthumbsupx

WKU did it in 2002 and won the national championship. ;)

Edge316007
November 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Alright I'll give it a shot. Here goes nothing:

Autobids:

Big Sky: Weber State - Already clinched
CAA: James Madison
MEAC: South Carolina State - Already clinched
MVFC: Southern Illinois
OVC: Tennessee-Martin
Patriot: Colgate
SoCon: Appalachian State
Southland: Northwestern State

At Large Bids:
Cal Poly
Elon
Furman
Maine
Montana
Northern Iowa
Richmond
Villanova

Last team in: Furman
Last 5 out: New Hampshire, North Dakota State, Tennessee State, William & Mary, Wofford

Playoff Bracket

1. James Madison vs. South Carolina State
Richmond vs. Furman

4. Montana vs. Northwestern State
Villanova vs Colgate

2. Appalachian State vs. Tennessee-Martin
Maine vs. Northern Iowa

3. Weber State vs. Elon
Cal Poly vs. Southern Illinois

Of course I'm doing a bit of projecting here, such as Maine beating UNH and Furman winning out beating Wofford.

I realize that theres going to be a lot of flying in this bracket, but I decided that if teams are going to have to fly to one another, then it doesn't matter how far the flight is.

Feel free to destroy it as you wish.

uofmman1122
November 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM

Autobids:

At Large Bids:[/b]
Cal Poly
Elon
Furman
Maine
Montana
Northern Iowa
Richmond
Villanova

Last 5 out: New Hampshire, North Dakota State, Tennessee State, William & Mary, Wofford,

[U]Playoff Bracket

Richmond vs. Furman

Villanova vs Colgate

Maine vs. Northern Iowa

3. Weber State vs. Elon

Of course I'm doing a bit of projecting here, such as Maine beating UNH and Furman winning out beating Wofford.

I realize that theres going to be a lot of flying in this bracket, but I decided that if teams are going to have to fly to one another, then it doesn't matter how far the flight is.

Feel free to destroy it as you wish.xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthum bsupx

B&G
November 9th, 2008, 11:24 AM
You're right that SDSU might not be out of it. Initially I saw those four losses and thought they wouldn't have a shot. Two MVFC schools will make the playoffs so they are still hanging on by a thread. I was incorrect on that.

I still stand by my prediction (as of this week) that a MVFC school will take the #4 seed while Montana and Villanova will be given favorable 1st rd matchups.

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM

San Diego xlolx xlolx xlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM

Please tell me about the CAA North's performance this season against the CAA South schools. I have been taking a nap for the last two months. xcoffeex

PantherRob82
November 9th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Playoff Bracket

Richmond vs. Furman

Villanova vs Colgate

Maine vs. Northern Iowa

3. Weber State vs. Elon

UNI AT Maine???

Edge316007
November 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I didn't decide who the home team was. I just typed them first.

phoenixphanatic21
November 9th, 2008, 11:41 AM

Autobids:

At Large Bids:
Cal Poly
Elon
Furman
Maine
Montana
Northern Iowa
Richmond
Villanova

Last 5 out: New Hampshire, North Dakota State, Tennessee State, William & Mary, Wofford

Playoff Bracket

Richmond vs. Furman

Villanova vs Colgate

Maine vs. Northern Iowa

3. Weber State vs. Elon

No Wofford? Wow. Now that's ballsy.

Cincy App
November 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
If SDSU wins out, they will be 8-4 against an all D-I schedule, and tie for first in the MVFC at 7-1. I'm not sure how the 4 loss stigma will play out with many teams having a 12-game schedule. The Jackrabbits would be the second MVFC team at 8-4 over an 8-3 Southern Illinois team, with only 7 D-I wins. I doubt the committee only takes 1 MVFC team.

I fully expect the MVFC to get 2 teams. However, I do not believe that it's a slam dunk that an 8-4 SDSU team makes the field over an 8-3 SIU team. All games on the schedule count. SDSU cannot erase its 3 out of conference losses.

Rabbitlivinginverm
November 9th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I fully expect the MVFC to get 2 teams. However, I do not believe that it's a slam dunk that an 8-4 SDSU team makes the field over an 8-3 SIU team. All games on the schedule count. SDSU cannot erase its 3 out of conference losses.

If we win out and finish 8-4 and SIU finishes 8-3 we'll be in over SIU for this one simple reason. We'll own the head to head in the 2nd to last week of the season. We'd also be MVC co-champs. Okay, that's two reasons. Hard for the committee to overlook that.

Chi Panther
November 9th, 2008, 12:43 PM
If we win out and finish 8-4 and SIU finishes 8-3 we'll be in over SIU for this one simple reason. We'll own the head to head in the 2nd to last week of the season. We'd also be MVC co-champs. Okay, that's two reasons. Hard for the committee to overlook that.

Weird things can happen....look at 2006...

2006 Football Schedule and Results
DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS
August 31 at Drake W 48-7 1-0 (0-0)
September 9 North Dakota L 35-31 1-1 (0-0)
September 16 South Dakota State W 27-17 2-1 (0-0)
September 30 at Iowa State L 28-27 2-2 (0-0)
October 7 Missouri State W 38-7 3-2 (1-0)
October 14 at Indiana State W 34-14 4-2 (2-0)
October 21 at Youngstown State W 31-23 5-2 (3-0)
October 28 Western Illinois L 24-13 5-3 (3-1)
November 4 Western Kentucky W 31-20 6-3 (4-1)
November 11 at Southern Illinois L 47-23 6-4 (4-2)
November 18 Illinois State W 38-27 7-4 (5-2)

UNI was left out of the playoffs and SIU, Illinois State and YSU made it.

UNI beat Illinois State and YSU.....

Dallas Demon
November 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Anyone keeping NWST in their playoff prognostications did not check the scoreboard and see that the Demons completely collapsed and did not show up this past weekend...

They are in big trouble.

TT, do the math. McNeese still has to play Central Arkansas, as hot as Central Arkansas was last night I'd be shocked if the Cowboys came away with a win in Conway. The Demons are always tough at home, it is usually a close game against the Cowboys regardless. Even if the Demons just win one of the last two games, if it came down to a tie for 3 loss teams competing for the autobid the Demons would win most tiebreaker scenarios. Unless McNeese sweeps its last two games, Texas St. has to win its last two against Nicholls St. (whom you had just declared as the best in the SLC last week) and SHSU (whom you usually pick to win for obvious reasons).

And no, SHSU does not have an outside chance at the AQ; it is more like only a mathematical chance, and quite frankly they are probably eliminated already if you really analyze. xrulesx

CJHawkeyes
November 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
FWIW, here is what the playoff field would look like according to a point system I devised if the current highest ranked teams win out. Based on what I have learned about FCS politics this year, my guess is that Dayton is not likely to make the actual field even if they finish 11-1. What I find interesting is that with 1-2 games left, only Weber State and South Carolina State have clinched playoff berths by virtue of winning their conference's auto bid. No one else, at least based my point system, is safely in yet although I suspect teams like JMU and Appalachian State could lose out and still make it under the current setup. Yet, everyone else that has not clinched a berth is one loss away from being on the outside looking in. Furthermore, there are at least 13 other teams that could make it under a different combination of results. Although my idea does not apply to real life, the idea that 29 teams are still alive with two weeks to go and only two teams are safely in makes for a dramatic finish to the regular season. And it would be moreso if all higher seeds were guaranteed home games throughout and a flexible bracket were used. Yet, FBS playoff opponents think this would diminish the regular season.

1-James Madison
2-Appalachian State
3-South Carolina State
4-Montana
5-Dayton
6-Wofford
7-Villanova
8-Weber State
9-Richmond
10-Cal Poly
11-Tennessee State
12-Northern Iowa
13-New Hampshire
14-Southern Illinois
15-Colgate
16-Northwestern State

crusader11
November 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM
1-James Madison
2-Appalachian State
3-South Carolina State
4-Montana
5-Dayton
6-Wofford
7-Villanova
8-Weber State
9-Richmond
10-Cal Poly
11-Tennessee State
12-Northern Iowa
13-New Hampshire
14-Southern Illinois
15-Colgate
16-Northwestern State

Haha, Dayton.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Remember folks, according to the selection criteria, the #1 seed is paired with the closest out of conference non seeded team from the field. This will certainly hold true if the opponent is within the driveable distance, I believe its 300 miles.
-If JMU is the #1 seed, that will be Elon, 210 miles.
-Then it goes to the #2 seed, is paired with closest OOC non seeded team left. For ASU that will be SC State. Boone- Orangeburg, SC is 229 miles.
-Then it goes to the #3 seed for the closest one left. If Weber is #3, then for them that will be Cal Poly.
If UNI is #4, then the closest would be Montana. Since that would require Montana to fly, they could pair someone else with UNI like the Southland winner, as whoever went to UNI 1st round would have to fly

Once all the seeded teams are paired, then take the remaining 8 and also they try to pair up geographically to minimize flights. SIU would certainly be paired with Tenn State (Nashville-Carbondale 203 miles).

Nova would be paired up with Colgate.

UR/W&M winner would be paired with Wofford.

That could leave UNH flying to Montana.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/39/Cfdiaa.PNG

ValleyChamp
November 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Good Grief Louise, the whining....I'll give you a reason to chew on...Dayton isn't getting any votes for the same reason JMU and ASU aren't getting any top 25 votes in the BCS poll....xrulesx

UNI recieved votes in last season's FBS poll.xnodx

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM

SIU also played a non-counter, so their record would be 7-3 not 8-3.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Autobids:
Big Sky- Weber State
CAA- James Madison
MVFC- Southern Illinois
OVC- Tennessee State
Patriot- Colgate
Southern- Appalachian State
Southland- Northwestern State

(Bolded teams have clinced their Auto)

The rest of the field...
Montana
Villanova
Cal Poly
Wofford
Northern Iowa
Elon
Richmond
New Hampshire

Liberty (in with win over Elon?)
Maine (could replace New Hampshire if they win out)
William & Mary (could replace Richmond with win over UR or JMU)
Eastern Kentucky (by winning autobid for OVC)
Tennessee-Martin (by winning autobid for OVC)
Holy Cross (by winning autobid for Patriot)
Any number of Southland teams (by winning autobid for SLC)

Probably eliminated this week...
Northern Arizona
Western Illinois
UMass

Which leave my 1st Round field look like this...
Elon at (1) JMU
Tennessee State at (4) Southern Illinois
Colgate at Villanova

SCSU at (2) Appalachian State
Wofford at New Hampshire
Cal Poly at (3) Weber State
Northwestern State at Montana

... nailing down the pairings is really tough at this point. I give the #4 seed to the projected MVFC. Villanova and Montana were also contenders for the #4 seed so they get easy (for the playoffs) 1st rd matchups.

Yo expect UNI to lose to Indiana St or S. Utah? Because thats the only way SIU would get a seed over UNI.
UNI is currently #8 in the GPI, and #4 in all 3 human polls.
SIU is currently #14 in the GPI and #8, #9, and #12 in the 3 human polls.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Autobids
Big Sky- Weber State
CAA- JMU
MVFC- SIU
OVC- Tennessee State
Patriot- Colgate*
SoCon- App State
SLC- Northwestern State*
* denotes teams currently tied in first place

At-Large Bids
Wofford
UNI
Montana
Cal Poly
Villanova
William and Mary
Richmond
Elon

Last team in...Elon
Last five out(not in order)...UNH, Furman, Maine, SDSU, UT-Martin
Next five out(not in order)...NDSU, Lafayette, Jacksonville State, UMass, FAMU

Playoff Bracket
1.JMU vs Elon
Villanova vs Colgate

4.SIU vs Tennessee State
UNI vs Richmond

2.App State vs William and Mary
SCSU vs Wofford

3.Weber State vs Northwestern State
Montana vs Cal Poly

See above post about MVC- UNI will get a seed over SIU unless UNI loses one of their last 2.

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 01:49 PM
See above post about MVC- UNI will get a seed over SIU unless UNI loses one of their last 2.

I think SIU might get a power boast if they win out, UNI should sink in the computers simply due to playing Indiana State and SUU.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM

Autobids:

At Large Bids:
Cal Poly
Elon
Furman
Maine
Montana
Northern Iowa
Richmond
Villanova

Playoff Bracket

Richmond vs. Furman

Villanova vs Colgate

Maine vs. Northern Iowa

3. Weber State vs. Elon

Again, how does a SIU get a seed given their last week's GPI of 14 and poll rankings of 8, 8, and 13?

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Again, how does a SIU with only 7 Div I wins get a seed?

If they win out they'll have 8, if they lose to SDSU or Ill State they'll have 7.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
If they win out they'll have 8, if they lose to SDSU or Ill State they'll have 7.

Thought SIU played a non counter?

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Thought SIU played a non counter?

They did, but they are 7-2 right now and have two DI games left.

rcny46
November 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
"That could leave UNH flying to Montana."

UNH isn't in yet.I don't know why they are still in a lot of playoff scenarios when their status is still very much up in the air.

Cincy App
November 9th, 2008, 02:36 PM
SIU also played a non-counter, so their record would be 7-3 not 8-3.

But you are conveniently forgetting the 4 losses. I have followed playoff selections for 20 years and no "4-loss" wildcard is a lock. SDSU COULD make the field at 8-4 but is absolutely no lock. If the 8 wins were magical, then Dayton would be in the playoffs.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM

No 4 loss team will get an at large. Not an 8-4 UMass, and 8-4 UR, an 8-4 Maine, any 8-4 So-Con, or an 8-4 SDSU.

There will be too many 8-9 Div I win, no more than 3 loss teams for at larges with 4 losses to get in.

Khan4Cats
November 9th, 2008, 03:06 PM
But you are conveniently forgetting the 4 losses. I have followed playoff selections for 20 years and no "4-loss" wildcard is a lock. SDSU COULD make the field at 8-4 but is absolutely no lock. If the 8 wins were magical, then Dayton would be in the playoffs.

I have followed selections for a while, too. I agree, 4-loss is a danger, but they also played a 12 game schedule. The last time that happened, an 8-4 OVC team (Eastern Illinois I think) got in over other 8-3 FCS squads two or three years ago.

"No 4 loss team will get an at large. Not an 8-4 UMass, and 8-4 UR, an 8-4 Maine, any 8-4 So-Con, or an 8-4 SDSU.

There will be too many 8-9 Div I win, no more than 3 loss teams for at larges with 4 losses to get in."

The scenario improves for SDSU even more when you take into factor that they would be the second MVFC team for the field. That will factor in more as the committee has shown a tendency to try and balance out conference representation. A 2nd MVFC team will get in over a 5th CAA or 4th SOCON. I'm guessing that the CAA will get 4 (3 at-larges) and the SOCON 3 (2 at-larges). Montana will get an at-large from the Big Sky and Cal-Poly will likely claim the other at-large.

The only way the MVFC only gets one team is if SDSU beats SIU this week and then both SIU and SDSU lose the last week. Leaving SDSU at 7-5 and SIU at 7-4, with only 6 D-I.

rcny46
November 9th, 2008, 03:11 PM
It also would appear that 4 from the CAA and 4 from the Southern Conference would not work simply because there wouldn't be enough spots in the field of sixteen.A total of 7 from the two conferences would seem to be the limit.

Khan4Cats
November 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Autobids:
Big Sky- Weber State
CAA- James Madison
MVFC- Southern Illinois
OVC- Tennessee State
Patriot- Colgate
Southern- Appalachian State
Southland- Northwestern State

(Bolded teams have clinced their Auto)

Has South Carolina actually clinched the auto-bid or merely a share of the title. They have a two game lead with two to play, but still have to play two-loss Morgan State. Isn't it mathematically possible for them to lose their last two and Morgan State to claim a tie-breaker? (I know, they also play 3-8 NC A&T, so losing two seems unlikely).

B&G
November 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Has South Carolina actually clinched the auto-bid or merely a share of the title. They have a two game lead with two to play, but still have to play two-loss Morgan State. Isn't it mathematically possible for them to lose their last two and Morgan State to claim a tie-breaker? (I know, they also play 3-8 NC A&T, so losing two seems unlikely).

You're correct. SCSU could lose the tiebreaker to Morgan St in that scenario. I'll update that. Thanks.

JackTwice
November 9th, 2008, 03:46 PM
While I think the resume speaks for itself, I really don't think SDSU can be in the playoff discussion unless they can beat SIU (beside that they haven't won in Fargo in 40+ years). SDSU is still on the outside looking in and kicking themselves in the rear for losing the McNeese game.

McNeese75
November 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM
No 4 loss team will get an at large. Not an 8-4 UMass, and 8-4 UR, an 8-4 Maine, any 8-4 So-Con, or an 8-4 SDSU.

There will be too many 8-9 Div I win, no more than 3 loss teams for at larges with 4 losses to get in.

I agree

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 07:07 PM

So let me get this straight, if SDSU wins out and is 8-4 the MVFC is a one bid league?

Edge316007
November 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Again, how does a SIU get a seed given their last week's GPI of 14 and poll rankings of 8, 8, and 13?

They...don't get a seed? Unless by SIU you mean Montana, Weber St. Appalachian or James Madison, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

matfu
November 9th, 2008, 07:25 PM

dayton has zero chance to get in...PERIOD...end of discussion!

Khan4Cats
November 9th, 2008, 07:33 PM
They...don't get a seed? Unless by SIU you mean Montana, Weber St. Appalachian or James Madison, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

UNI will get the 4 seed over Weber. We've actually beaten an FCS school not in our conference, two once we get to SUU.

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
UNI will get the 4 seed over Weber. We've actually beaten an FCS school not in our conference, two once we get to SUU.

That's not much of an argument when the two FCS teams are the two you're playing...

I don't think the committee can really manage to seed Montana and not Weber. At worst they just wouldn't seed Montana.

DetroitFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
dayton has zero chance to get in...PERIOD...end of discussion!

What a compelling argument.... I should have just checked with you before I posted.... A 10-1 FCS, 11-1 overall Dayton will be in the discussion. First, we have to get there.

Khan4Cats
November 9th, 2008, 08:21 PM
That's not much of an argument when the two FCS teams are the two you're playing...

I don't think the committee can really manage to seed Montana and not Weber. At worst they just wouldn't seed Montana.

As opposed to the NONE that Weber played?

Montana is more deserving of a seed than Weber, despite the head to head. And the undefeated in-conference doesn't fly, South Carolina State is undefeated in their auto-bid conference, does that qualify them? The committee has seeded teams that were at-larges over their conference auto-bids before. The one that comes to mind is Texas State in 2005.

Weber is in the running for a seed, I just see UNI as likely to have better credentials. Cal-Poly could jump both by winning out (a second FBS win will easily qualify them). Villanova could enter the mix, but I see them as behind the others, Elon could jump in by beating ASU (I don't think it would drop ASU from seed consideration, just down from 2 to 3 or 4).

Go...gate
November 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
What a compelling argument.... I should have just checked with you before I posted.... A 10-1 FCS, 11-1 overall Dayton will be in the discussion. First, we have to get there.

There should not have to be an argument. The Pioneer should get an autobid just as the PL did in 1997. I can remember the same arguments being made why the PL should not have been allowed to participate, and they all turned out to be specious.

FargoBison
November 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
There should not have to be an argument. The Pioneer should get an autobid just as the PL did in 1997. I can remember the same arguments being made why the PL should not have been allowed to participate, and they all turned out to be specious.

There isn't anything stopping them and there also isn't anything stopping them from building schedules worthy of playoff consideration.

Since they don't do that, it leads me to believe that Pioneer League teams just have no interest in competing in the playoffs.

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM
As opposed to the NONE that Weber played?

Montana is more deserving of a seed than Weber, despite the head to head. And the undefeated in-conference doesn't fly, South Carolina State is undefeated in their auto-bid conference, does that qualify them? The committee has seeded teams that were at-larges over their conference auto-bids before. The one that comes to mind is Texas State in 2005.

Weber is in the running for a seed, I just see UNI as likely to have better credentials. Cal-Poly could jump both by winning out (a second FBS win will easily qualify them). Villanova could enter the mix, but I see them as behind the others, Elon could jump in by beating ASU (I don't think it would drop ASU from seed consideration, just down from 2 to 3 or 4).

Leading an FBS team at half looks better than an eleven point win against a team that's practically still D-II.

Khan4Cats
November 9th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Leading an FBS team at half looks better than an eleven point win against a team that's practically still D-II.

Leading at HALF? That's a criteria? Well shoot, we should have the 2005 National Championship since we were leading Appalachian State at half.xlolx xlolx

Gee, we beat a trasitional team by 11 points. Oh, that's right we're in the era of running up scores to make computer models look good. Whatever. We just got off a bruising game against a top 15 FBS school (one that we didn't lead at half but that we were down only 10 with the ball in their territory heading into the 4th quarter), we had a conference game coming up next so we played completely base defensive and offensive schemes, and we still had the game well in control despite only being up by 11.

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Leading at HALF? That's a criteria? Well shoot, we should have the 2005 National Championship since we were leading Appalachian State at half.xlolx xlolx

Gee, we beat a trasitional team by 11 points. Oh, that's right we're in the era of running up scores to make computer models look good. Whatever. We just got off a bruising game against a top 15 FBS school (one that we didn't lead at half but that we were down only 10 with the ball in their territory heading into the 4th quarter), we had a conference game coming up next so we played completely base defensive and offensive schemes, and we still had the game well in control despite only being up by 11.

Playing better than a very good FBS team at any point in the game looks better than a modest win against a forgettable team. Zero FCS losses looks a lot better than one FCS loss with two body bag OOC games.

appstate1998
November 9th, 2008, 09:12 PM

how many teams have lost to Duquesne???? Move along

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
My stab at it...

Automatic Bids
Big Sky: Weber State
MEAC: South Carolina St
OVC: Tennessee State
Patriot: Holy Cross
SLC: Texas State - San Marcos

At-Large Bids
1) Montana (Big Sky)
2) New Hampshire (CAA)
3) Villanova (CAA)
4) Cal Poly (Great West)
5) Northern Iowa (MVFC)
6) Elon (SoCon)
7) Wofford (SoCon)
8) Richmond (CAA)

Next Five In...Maine, Furman, W&M, South Dakota State, Jacksonville State

Elon at (1) James Madison

Texas State - San Marcos at (4) Weber State
Wofford at Cal Poly

South Carolina State at (2) Appalachian State
Holy Cross at Villanova

Tennessee State at (3) Southern Illinois
New Hampshire at Montana

DetroitFlyer
November 10th, 2008, 08:43 AM
how many teams have lost to Duquesne???? Move along

Explain to me why you choose to focus on the ONE loss and not the EIGHT, FCS wins to date.... No doubt that Duquesne was a "bad" loss, but one bad loss does not a season make.... IF Dayton finishes at 11-1, (10-1 FCS), they will have one of it not the best record in all of FCS.... To not even be in the discussion is beyond silly....

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 09:18 AM

I think an 8-3 UNH team would be in trouble, especially if their last loss is to Maine (as Maine would be in ahead of them and UNH would, again, have to be the controversial 5th CAA team). Oddly enough, UNH probably has a BETTER shot to get in with a loss to UMass and a win over Maine (though they might take UMass in that case). UNH is in at 9-2, but that's a tall task. One week at a time.

Congrats to Maine on getting the recognition they deserve, btw.

nmatsen
November 10th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Forget SIU, they will not get a seed. SDSU will beat them by 14!

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Have to think that the final game of the season between UNH and Maine will decide who makes the playoffs between those two. I don't know if there is anyway UNH would get in at 8-3 with a win over UMass and a loss to Maine in the finale, as they'd have to be the fifth CAA team two years in a row, which is tough. Of course, they could lose to UMass and beat Maine, and then you're in an absolute mess.

UNIFanSince1983
November 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Dayton is not getting considered because of who they play. The PFL has 5 teams in the bottom 15 of the GPI. And you lost to a team that is 104. And you guys are currently 78th. I don't care if you were undefeated you do not deserve to be in this discussion. Get over it unless you schedule real teams and are either competitive or beat some of them you will never be in this discussion.

rcny46
November 10th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Because of the numbers game,I think it would be literally impossible for 5 CAA teams to get in.If my "math" is right,there could only be a maximum of 7 teams from the CAA and Southern Conference that make the playoffs.I have to believe the SoCon will get at least 3 in,leaving only 3 or 4 spots for the other guys.

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2008, 09:59 AM
In order for the CAA to get 4 At-large berths, either Cal Poly would need to lose to UC Davis or SIU and SDSU would both have to miss the playoffs. Neither of those seem likely, which means, essentially, that the UNH/UMaine game is an elimination game, unless Richmond loses their game before W&M, and then beats W&M.

PapaBear
November 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Congrats to Maine on getting the recognition they deserve, btw.

Thanks. We're getting it now because we only started deserving it now. Earlier in the season, when we were ... umm ... not playing well, we didn't deserve it.

Hoyadestroya85
November 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Explain to me why you choose to focus on the ONE loss and not the EIGHT, FCS wins to date.... No doubt that Duquesne was a "bad" loss, but one bad loss does not a season make.... IF Dayton finishes at 11-1, (10-1 FCS), they will have one of it not the best record in all of FCS.... To not even be in the discussion is beyond silly....

you are either joking or completely insane.. i'd venture to guess that there are 50 or 60 teams in FCS that would beat your team at least 50 percent of the time.. please!... stop posting that trash. There are several Division II teams that deserve the playoffs over Dayton

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Weird things can happen....look at 2006...

2006 Football Schedule and Results
DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS
August 31 at Drake W 48-7 1-0 (0-0)
September 9 North Dakota L 35-31 1-1 (0-0)
September 16 South Dakota State W 27-17 2-1 (0-0)
September 30 at Iowa State L 28-27 2-2 (0-0)
October 7 Missouri State W 38-7 3-2 (1-0)
October 14 at Indiana State W 34-14 4-2 (2-0)
October 21 at Youngstown State W 31-23 5-2 (3-0)
October 28 Western Illinois L 24-13 5-3 (3-1)
November 4 Western Kentucky W 31-20 6-3 (4-1)
November 11 at Southern Illinois L 47-23 6-4 (4-2)
November 18 Illinois State W 38-27 7-4 (5-2)

UNI was left out of the playoffs and SIU, Illinois State and YSU made it.

UNI beat Illinois State and YSU.....

You lost to North Dakota, too.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Forget SIU, they will not get a seed. SDSU will beat them by 14!

You're half right. SIU will win out and still not get a seed.

appstate1998
November 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM

It's easy to focus on your ONE loss when that team you lost to is garbage and so is your schedule. Everyone was whining about Hawaii being undefeated and not getting a chance to play in the big game even though they were undefeated....Hawaii homers were screaming that they shouldn't be discredited for playing in the WAC. Well look what happened when they played a 2 loss regular season Georgia team from the SEC. They got what they deserved....humiliated on National Television.

You really want to humiliate your team on National Television like that? What if Dayton drew App first and we decided to throw up 80 points on you in the first half? Poor kids....go out with knowing you had a good season in your JV league instead of trying to be something your not.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Here's my stab at it:

Automatic Bids
SLC: Northwestern State

At-Large Bids
1) Montana (Big Sky)
2) Maine (CAA)
3) Villanova (CAA)
4) Cal Poly (Great West)
5) Northern Iowa (MVFC)
6) Elon (SoCon)
7) Furman (SoCon)
8) Richmond (CAA)

Next Five In...UNH, Wofford, W&M, South Dakota State, Jacksonville State

Elon @ (1) James Madison
Tennessee State @ Southern Illinois

Maine @ Holy Cross
UNI @ (4) Villanova

Cal Poly @ (3) Weber State
Northwestern State @ Montana

Furman @ Richmond

NOTE: If Wofford makes it instead of Furman and/or if UNH makes the field instead of Maine, then the bracket should still remain as is with those teams replacing each other.

The big question right now really seems to be who will get the 3 & 4 seeds. xeyebrowx

crusader11
November 10th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Here's my stab at it:

Automatic Bids

At-Large Bids
1) Montana (Big Sky)
2) Maine (CAA)
3) Villanova (CAA)
4) Cal Poly (Great West)
5) Northern Iowa (MVFC)
6) Elon (SoCon)
7) Furman (SoCon)
8) Richmond (CAA)

Elon @ (1) James Madison

Maine @ Holy Cross
UNI @ (4) Villanova

Furman @ Richmond

NOTE: If Wofford makes it instead of Furman and/or if UNH makes the field instead of Maine, then the bracket should still remain as is with those teams replacing each other.

The big question right now really seems to be who will get the 3 & 4 seeds. xeyebrowx

Rep points for you!!

crusader11
November 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM

You won't be in discussion.

DetroitFlyer
November 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
It's easy to focus on your ONE loss when that team you lost to is garbage and so is your schedule. Everyone was whining about Hawaii being undefeated and not getting a chance to play in the big game even though they were undefeated....Hawaii homers were screaming that they shouldn't be discredited for playing in the WAC. Well look what happened when they played a 2 loss regular season Georgia team from the SEC. They got what they deserved....humiliated on National Television.

You really want to humiliate your team on National Television like that? What if Dayton drew App first and we decided to throw up 80 points on you in the first half? Poor kids....go out with knowing you had a good season in your JV league instead of trying to be something your not.

Say like Wofford? So, you are saying that Wofford could not handle Dayton I take it? I suppose that Wofford should simply fold their program as they obviously cannot compete in FCS.... Frankly, App would be VERY surprised at the game that Dayton would provide. I not only do not worry about being humilated, I believe that we would be VERY competitive in a game with App or any other team in the 16 team field!

DetroitFlyer
November 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM
You won't be in discussion.

Yet another sharp football mind with a compelling argument....xrolleyesx

Hoyadestroya85
November 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Yet another sharp football mind with a compelling argument....xrolleyesx
Quality Wins, Strength of schedule, Star Power? your team has ZERO in any of those categories

UNIFanSince1983
November 10th, 2008, 11:46 AM
DetroitFlyer: Did you see my quality argument? Go back to the last page and you will...

crusader11
November 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Dayton is not getting considered because of who they play. The PFL has 5 teams in the bottom 15 of the GPI. And you lost to a team that is 104. And you guys are currently 78th. I don't care if you were undefeated you do not deserve to be in this discussion. Get over it unless you schedule real teams and are either competitive or beat some of them you will never be in this discussion.

Bingo.

achrist70
November 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Here's my stab at it:

Automatic Bids

At-Large Bids
1) Montana (Big Sky)
2) Maine (CAA)
3) Villanova (CAA)
4) Cal Poly (Great West)
5) Northern Iowa (MVFC)
6) Elon (SoCon)
7) Furman (SoCon)
8) Richmond (CAA)

Elon @ (1) James Madison

Maine @ Holy Cross
UNI @ (4) Villanova

Furman @ Richmond

I just don't see Holy Cross hosting a game while UNI on the road in the first round.

UNI Pike
November 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Here's my stab at it:

Automatic Bids

At-Large Bids
1) Montana (Big Sky)
2) Maine (CAA)
3) Villanova (CAA)
4) Cal Poly (Great West)
5) Northern Iowa (MVFC)
6) Elon (SoCon)
7) Furman (SoCon)
8) Richmond (CAA)

Elon @ (1) James Madison

Maine @ Holy Cross
UNI @ (4) Villanova

Furman @ Richmond

Sorry, but I do not see UNI traveling at least in the first round. NCAA will not be giving up the dollars associated with 16K+ seats at the UNIDOME so they can be sent to a team that draws 6-7K per game.

DetroitFlyer
November 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM
DetroitFlyer: Did you see my quality argument? Go back to the last page and you will...

Yeah, we all know how non-biased your "quality" measurements are.... Just look at Harvard. You might have voted them into your top 25 and if like many here at AGS, you might be happy to have them participate in the playoffs.

Well, the teams that Harvard has defeated have a combined record of 23-35. Yep, top 25 material for sure.... Every game has been against either the Ivy League or PL.... How about the entire Ivy League? Who the heck do they play to garner a league ranking that is so high in these "quality" measurements?

So, "quality" wise, the top Ivy team in any given season is going to be a top 25 team.... The same should be true for the PFL and NEC today. You can bet that Albany, Dayton and Harvard are all in my top 25.

But, I sure am glad that once again this year we will get to enjoy an OVC team and a MEAC team and a PL team that "deserve" to be in the playoffs....

UNIFanSince1983
November 10th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I never said anything about those other teams. But now you got me looking at the same numbers I used to judge your team. Harvard is 19th in the GPI. The two PL teams they beat are Holy Cross and Lafayette who are 37th and 29th respectively. You guys beat NEC Robert Morris who is 95th, and PL Fordham who is 75th. And you mention how they have only played PL or Ivy, while you guys only played NEC, PL, and PFL? What is the difference.

Personally I wouldn't vote any of them into the Top 25 because I don't think they are in the best 25 teams in the country, but I would have Harvard in it before Dayton.

You know I would personally love to see Dayton in the playoffs. Then maybe me and all the others who don't think Dayton belongs could eat crow. Either that you you would be given the biggest piece of humble pie ever.

UNI Pike
November 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Dayton is more than welcome to call our AD to schedule a game at the UNIDOME during the regular season. I would rather see that then another DII team shallaced.

appstate1998
November 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Say like Wofford? So, you are saying that Wofford could not handle Dayton I take it? I suppose that Wofford should simply fold their program as they obviously cannot compete in FCS.... Frankly, App would be VERY surprised at the game that Dayton would provide. I not only do not worry about being humilated, I believe that we would be VERY competitive in a game with App or any other team in the 16 team field!

That argument hurt my head reading it. Because Wofford lost to the 3 time defending national champions at the Rock is different than losing to Dusq lol. Wofford plays a very tough schedule and even played a top 25 FBS team close.

I wouldn't worry about being humiliated if our were you either that the loss you had this year. All humility has already been on display.

I would put UNC-Wilmington in the playoffs before Dayton...and they don't even have a football team

matfu
November 10th, 2008, 06:39 PM

I DEMAND THE 2005 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY FROM APP STATE. FURMAN WAS UP 23-21 AT HALF IN THE SEMIS IN BOONE! NOT ONLY THAT, YOU GUYS ICED THAT ENDZONE WHERE INGLE SLIPPED!

appstate1998
November 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I DEMAND THE 2005 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY FROM APP STATE. FURMAN WAS UP 23-21 AT HALF IN THE SEMIS IN BOONE! NOT ONLY THAT, YOU GUYS ICED THAT ENDZONE WHERE INGLE SLIPPED!

haha.....the towel boys weren't cleaning up that night

AshevilleApp
November 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
You guys (Furman) fumbled twice in the red zone during this year's game.....the red zone at the Rock just isn't your bag

appstate1998
November 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
You guys (Furman) fumbled twice in the red zone during this year's game.....the red zone at the Rock just isn't your bag

GO FOR 2!!!!!!!!!

RabidRabbit
November 10th, 2008, 09:12 PM

And third is we will have 8 D-I wins to 7 D-I wins for SIU. Fourth, a 5 week winning streak. If we win in Carbondale, and Fargo, then Jacks will be the 2nd team out of the MVFC.

Go Apps
November 11th, 2008, 06:12 AM
And third is we will have 8 D-I wins to 7 D-I wins for SIU. Fourth, a 5 week winning streak. If we win in Carbondale, and Fargo, then Jacks will be the 2nd team out of the MVFC.

Sorry but you have not been around the FCS long enough to know that unless you capture the Autobid - you have zero chance of making the playoffs -4 losses puts you out..

walliver
November 11th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Sorry but you have not been around the FCS long enough to know that unless you capture the Autobid - you have zero chance of making the playoffs -4 losses puts you out..

4 losses definitely puts you on the bubble, but is not an absolute exclusion (Montana State was 7-4 in 2005). In general, though, a 9-3 or 8-3 team will get in before a team with 4 losses.

jackmd
November 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
4 losses definitely puts you on the bubble, but is not an absolute exclusion (Montana State was 7-4 in 2005). In general, though, a 9-3 or 8-3 team will get in before a team with 4 losses.

That doesn't really make sense. It might be true but that doesn't make it right. 8 DI wins is what its really about. We could have played some other cupcake FCS team or a DII team if we wanted to avoid losses. I'd say it sets a bad precedent to encourage teams to look for winnable games instead of winning against quality opponents. That starts with rewarding teams for wins, not punishing them for losses against quality opponents. If those selecting playoff teams have any credibility and respect for the game they will recognize that. If not, they need to find others to select the best teams. If SDSU wins the next 2 games they are WITHOUT A DOUBT a top 16 team and probably a top 10 team. That is a big if but make no mistake, it would be a travesty if we were left out.

Native
November 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, we all know how non-biased your "quality" measurements are.... Just look at Harvard. You might have voted them into your top 25 and if like many here at AGS, you might be happy to have them participate in the playoffs.

Well, the teams that Harvard has defeated have a combined record of 23-35. Yep, top 25 material for sure.... Every game has been against either the Ivy League or PL.... How about the entire Ivy League? Who the heck do they play to garner a league ranking that is so high in these "quality" measurements?

So, "quality" wise, the top Ivy team in any given season is going to be a top 25 team.... The same should be true for the PFL and NEC today. You can bet that Albany, Dayton and Harvard are all in my top 25.

But, I sure am glad that once again this year we will get to enjoy an OVC team and a MEAC team and a PL team that "deserve" to be in the playoffs....

Aw, gee, just schedule a top 25 team next year, will ya?!?? Please?!?? xoopsx

DetroitFlyer
November 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Aw, gee, just schedule a top 25 team next year, will ya?!?? Please?!?? xoopsx

We tried, but Fordham ended up being a huge disappointment. At the end of 2007, I'm sure that Fordham was in a number of FCS polls....

FargoBison
November 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Sorry you are wrong here, very wrong. If SDSU wins out they are 8-4, 7-1 in the MVFC, would have played one of the toughest schedules in the nation, would have won 5 straight games to finish the season, and would have 8 DI wins. They would be the 2nd team taken out of the MVFC, unless you think either that the MVFC is not a two bid league or an 8-3 SIU team with one less DI win and a head to head loss over SDSU would be a better selection.

mtgrizfankb
November 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM

dont be getting on montana fans complaining about the running up the score thing. we already have been saying its dumb. but fact of the matter is. The selection comm. will look at power of opp. its not called the weak opp. they give more credit to playing power than they do to playing a weak team. unless you put that weak team in a hole by 30 pts.

final say unless you destroy a team, the comm. gives more credit to playing a team of more power and lose than playing little guys and winning by 10.....

good or not idk

OL FU
November 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM
The rest of the field...
Montana
Villanova
Cal Poly
Wofford
Northern Iowa
Elon
Richmond
New Hampshire

the interesting thing is if Furman wins out, they may have a better case to make the playoffs than Wofford and Wofford might be sitting at home.

On the other hand, if Wofford does lose a game, they would have a better argument getting in by losing to Samford and beating Furman. Sounds kinda strange but either way they end up 8-3 but competition is eliminated because Furman sits at home at 8-4xeyebrowx

OL FU
November 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
No Wofford? Wow. Now that's ballsy.

I think he explained it. If Furman wins out, no Wofford, unless Elon gets beat by someone other than ASU.

Not saying his if is reasonable or not but if the if occurs he will be more than likely correctxnodx

charliej
November 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM

I've not seen Harvard this year,but in 4 of the last 5 years Nova has beaten Penn by 7 points or less. This year it went into overtime.xnodx

Think what you like about the Ivies....

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 12th, 2008, 10:12 AM
The more I think about it, this year perhaps more than most, we will see how much the committee values $$$ in naming its seeds.

As it stands today, I feel Villanova and Weber St. are more deserving than UNI and Montana for seeds. What will the committee think?

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I am going to give my prediction as I see it right now: (No bracketing just teams I see getting in)

Autobids:
CAA: JMU
SoCon: App
MVC: SIU
Big Sky: Weber
Southland: NW St.
OVC: Tenn St.
MEAC: SC State
PL: Colgate

At Larges:
1. Montana
2. Cal Poly
3. Villanova
4. Richmond
5. UNI
6. Wofford
7. Elon
8. William & Mary

Just missed: UNH, Furman, Maine, UMass, McNeese

Native
November 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx