PDA

View Full Version : FIRE JEROME SAUERS

dbackjon
November 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
2 playoffs, only 2 seasons with more than 6 wins, only two seasons with more than 5 D-I wins in eleven years.

With NAU's access to Arizona and Southern California recruiting, that is unacceptable.

His time is up.

CopperCat
November 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM
As much as I like Sauers, I agree. He has underachieved with what he was given.

grizband
November 8th, 2008, 07:50 PM
It doesn't help that he is 0-10 against his former employer, Montana.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I could have sworn that NAU was one of the most under-rated teams in the country like 2 weeks ago. What changed in a Fortnight's time?

Syntax Error
November 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM
...xnonox

I hate it when people want to throw coaches under the bus when the players don't win the games.

uofmman1122
November 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I could have sworn that NAU was one of the most under-rated teams in the country like 2 weeks ago. What changed in a Fortnight's time?They were forced to play good teams. xcoffeex

mvemjsunpx
November 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
If you really think Souers should be fired, you're a moron. He's led the 'Jacks to 3 of their 4 all-time I-AA/FCS playoff appearances & to their only ever I-AA/FCS playoff win (over McNeese in '03).

NAU isn't going to get anyone better.

Bronco
November 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Great town for recruits. If you get tired of winter you can drive 2 hours and go golfing or head to Vegas
If I drive 2 hours I'm in Butte

They should be better

grizband
November 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I could have sworn that NAU was one of the most under-rated teams in the country like 2 weeks ago. What changed in a Fortnight's time?
They gave up 158 yards to Reynolds last week, and 160 to Crawford this week.

dbackjon
November 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
If you really think Souers should be fired, you're a moron. He's led the 'Jacks to 3 of their 4 all-time I-AA/FCS playoff appearances & to their only ever I-AA/FCS playoff win (over McNeese in '03).

NAU isn't going to get anyone better.

He has been to the playoffs twice.

And the team has too much talent to be so mediocre.

dbackjon
xnonox

I hate it when people want to throw coaches under the bus when the players don't win the games.

Coaches job is to get them prepared to play. He doesn;t

dbackjon

Got out coached.

mvemjsunpx
November 8th, 2008, 10:16 PM
He has been to the playoffs twice.

Uh, no, it's 3 times: 1999, 2001, 2003.

NAU retroactively forfeited some games in '99, but I believe the playoff appearance still stands (the playoff loss still counts, anyway).

And the team has too much talent to be so mediocre.

And what would that talent be, exactly? They've had some great NFL-caliber players (Moore, Marshall, Murrietta, Ernster, Watson), but they've never been that deep & they've never had anywhere near the overall talent of, say, Montana. And there's no realistic way NAU will get that kind of talent in the near future regardless of who the coach is.

Syntax Error
November 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
... time is up.Is that for the only person in the nation that votes Weber State #1 every week and misspells his own team's head coach's name?

grizbeer
November 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I think somewhere I said NAU was suspect this year, and that was greeted with question. However, I will say this, I have concerns with Montana ranking at the bottom of the BSC in sacks allowed and PAT %, and today was bad for both, so I have premonitions of another 1st round loss due to both these issues. please God let Bobby fix these issues.

Ronbo
November 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM

I think their stud QB got hurt.

grizbeer
November 8th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I think somewhere I said NAU was suspect this year, and that was greeted with question. However, I will say this, I have concerns with Montana ranking at the bottom of the BSC in sacks allowed and PAT %, and today was bad for both, so I have premonitions of another 1st round loss due to both these issues. please God let Bobby fix these issues.
I found the thread, but I was so wrong about Weber State that I don't dare post the thread. Good Lord, Go EWU, save me some dignity - just kidding, Congrats WSU on a great season(but I was right about NAU being suspect)

Ronbo
November 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM

You do realize Dow and Russum were out today. That's two All American linemen missing.

The sacks are a minor inconvienence. We lead the Conference in fewest Int's and Cole has zero intentional groundings for the year. If he is in the hash marks he takes a sack rather than throwing it up for grabs or taking an intentional grounding which is penalty yards plus loss of down.

grizbeer
November 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
You do realize Dow and Russum were out today. That's two All American linemen missing.

The sacks are a minor inconvienence. We lead the Conference in fewest Int's and Cole has zero intentional groundings for the year. If he is in the hash marks he takes a sack rather than throwing it up for grabs or taking an intentional grounding which is penalty yards plus loss of down.
But the stats I was talking about are for the season hence the concern.

Ronbo
November 8th, 2008, 10:56 PM
But the stats I was talking about are for the season hence the concern.

You'd rather he throws it up for grabs when everyone's covered? I think a sack is less damage.

grizbeer
November 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
You'd rather he throws it up for grabs when everyone's covered? I think a sack is less damage.I'ld rather not rank at the bottom of the stats - for whatever reason

Proud Griz Man
November 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
So, fire Jerome and get whom? NAU's history is not rich.xeyebrowx

dbackjon
November 9th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Is that for the only person in the nation that votes Weber State #1 every week and misspells his own team's head coach's name?

And Weber keeps winning. Soon everyone will see the genius I am...

So I am not allowed to have an opinion on who the coach of my team is?

dbackjon
November 9th, 2008, 08:28 AM
So, fire Jerome and get whom? NAU's history is not rich.xeyebrowx

Van Diest :D

That is always the question. And the risk. But 6-5 every year is not acceptable.

dbackjon
November 9th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Oh, and if you have an opinion, post here why you think NAU should keep Jerome - just don't give me a red chiclet and call me an idiot, Mr. National Sportswriter...

Wolfman
November 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Jerome is a class act, and has American Indian blood. The tribes are a significant influence at NAU. Jerome does a great job.

I do not agree with the poster who stated that NAU should be an easy place to recruit players to. The state of Arizona's high school football programs are not that productive in producing players. After ASU and Arizona get done skimming the cream, there are not that many great players left. Many of the Great West and WAC schools recruit Arizona hard too, leaving Jerome to pick off what is left.

Montana is now starting to recruit Arizona too. This leaves Souers having to fill his roster from California and the JC ranks.

He is a quality coach in my opinion, and a better person. I do not think that NAU could do any better replacing him.

biobengal
November 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM
ISU will trade you Zamberlin straight across for Souers.

One interesting thing since Zamberlin left CWU... they got better. xlolx

Peems
November 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Great town for recruits. If you get tired of winter you can drive 2 hours and go golfing or head to Vegas
If I drive 2 hours I'm in Butte

They should be better

xlolx xlolx xlolx rep!

already123
November 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM
The reason he is still around is because he works cheap.

NAU doesnt put much into their athletics...at all

NAU soccer just one the Big Sky and they dont even have a locker room

Mediocrity is celebrated at NAU apparently

Tailbone
November 9th, 2008, 07:08 PM

NAU soccer just one the Big Sky and they dont even have a locker room xeyebrowx

won.

Mediocrity is celebrated at NAU apparently

It apparently extends to academics as well, eh?

dbackjon
November 9th, 2008, 07:32 PM
It apparently extends to academics as well, eh?

Don't make me start combing e-griz for examples of UM academic excellence... xsmiley_wix