PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel vs. Wofford

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Come on guys, this is a great game....nobody has started this yet?
TD Citadel!

The Citadel 21
Wofford 26
3rd Qtr 6:37 left

HiHiYikas
November 8th, 2008, 04:09 PM
is there a working audio feed out there anywhere?

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
is there a working audio feed out there anywhere?

Not that I know of, maybe that's why....it's on down here on SportSouth

Appinator
November 8th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Come on guys, this is a great game....nobody has started this yet?
TD Citadel!

The Citadel 21
Wofford 26
3rd Qtr 6:37 left

I was really surprised too, bulldogs just got a big stop on 3rd down and got the ball back.

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wofford punted down to 5, but Roberts is a man today....why didn't he come to App again? xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

beginning of 4th quarter
26-21 Wofford

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Citadel punts....Woffie ball on their own 22

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
TD Wofford....ran untouched for 20 yards on 3rd down

The Citadel 21
Wofford 33
11 minutes left in 4th

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
wow....50 yard completion to Roberts. whatcha got Citadel..

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:36 PM
intercepted Wofford on 5 yard line

wocorebel
November 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM
picked off citadel in the red zone, lets go Terriers.

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Wofford punted....5 minutes to go

terrierbob
November 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
'cept for Romeo we look lethargic

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
TD the Citadel....guess who...Roberts wow

Citadel 28
Wofford 33
3:48 remaining

terrierbob
November 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
TD to Roberts, 33-28 Wofford.

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
TD to Roberts, 33-28 Wofford.

He is eating you guys up today

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Wofford goes for it on 4th down, gets it.....ballgame barring any fumble

WoffDoc04
November 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
10 in a row...well done Terriers!

CharlestonAppFan
November 8th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Final

Citadel 28
Wofford 33

great game today

appstate1998
November 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
agreed was a fun game to watch on Sportsouth.....and a sigh of relief to hear announcers with a brain after the App game

CID1990
November 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM
It has been a tough season. We get everybody back next year though, pretty much.

Let's beat Chatty, avoid any on-field deaths against Florida, and come back next year with a team full of sophomores, a junior or two, and one Andre.

beauvighn
November 8th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I was very impressed with Roberts. Blanchard looked like he had all day to throw the ball which allowed Roberts to make double moves and get open. Wofford looked like they were still recovering from the app game. The offense was sporadic and seemed to turn it on when we needed to.

Romero was awesome today. He ran the ball extremely hard.

The Citadel played a very good game on defense. I was impressed with your defensive line and the never quit attitude that they showed. It looked like they were daring Wofford to throw the ball and we were able to burn them for some big plays.

Wofford has another tough game next week at Samford. Hopefully, we can do a better job of stopping them than the Eaglets did

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I'm interested to see how Wofford does against Samford. The matchup in that one will be Samfords front seven against WC's running game. Hopefully the Bulldogs will soften em up before the Paladins get there in two weeks.

beauvighn
November 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Samford will not be able to stop Wofford. The question will be can Wofford stop Sammie. Wofford has been fairly succesful at stopping the run this year. It's the passing game that gives us fits. We couldn't seem to get any pressure on Blanchard today. We rushed 4 and dropped 7 into coverage all day and Blanchard ate us alive.

Wofford will run the ball and run it effectively. We even ran the ball all over App. St. We just seemed to forget who we are during a short stretch when our coaches thought we had P. Manning at QB. They won't make that mistake again I bet.

With both teams running the ball this may be the shortest game in FCS history.

CID1990
November 9th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Samford will not be able to stop Wofford. The question will be can Wofford stop Sammie. Wofford has been fairly succesful at stopping the run this year. It's the passing game that gives us fits. We couldn't seem to get any pressure on Blanchard today. We rushed 4 and dropped 7 into coverage all day and Blanchard ate us alive.

Wofford will run the ball and run it effectively. We even ran the ball all over App. St. We just seemed to forget who we are during a short stretch when our coaches thought we had P. Manning at QB. They won't make that mistake again I bet.

With both teams running the ball this may be the shortest game in FCS history.

I think that several former contests between Wofford and El Cid when both teams ran the wishbone hold the that title.