PDA

View Full Version : UAlbany vs. Robert Morris

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
McCarty with a 26 yard TD run on the 2nd drive...UAlbany up 7-0.

UA wins, they win a share of the NEC Title and can win it outright next weekend vs. Wagner. McCarty now has 18 straight games with a TD. He could possibly set the single season and career UA record for rushing yards in a season today.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:21 PM
McCarty already has 69 yards. Man. With the last two teams were are playing...he could get close to 1800 yards for the season.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Albany is just taking it to RMU. Blocked punt...1st and Goal from the three.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Albany TD, Esposito Touchdown.

14-0 Danes

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 12:27 PM
'96, its pretty cool that UA fans can have a debate on who is the better RB in school history...Gary Jones or David McCarty. It is a hard debate, but I give it to McCarty.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM
'96...do you know where I can look at the stats online during the game? I went to Robert Morris website and I got nothing. Wondering if you are looking at it somewhere.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Refs are awful today.

Colonials get hosed when Albany jumps offsides and sacks Cwalinski. No call, leading to 3rd and 17. One play later, Albany blocks the punt.

Multiple missed calls today already.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Ok...what was your excuse for a 3 play 50 yard drive we scored on?

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ok...what was your excuse for a 3 play 50 yard drive we scored on?

Easy does it, Dane. Albany looks great, too, but the refs didn't help on that last one.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:32 PM
'96...do you know where I can look at the stats online during the game? I went to Robert Morris website and I got nothing. Wondering if you are looking at it somewhere.

Getting them from a friend who is there.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Easy does it, Dane. Albany looks great, too, but the refs didn't help on that last one.

Well...then say that. Dont say/intimate you are down because the refs hosed you.

Frankly, RMU has been stopped offensively and Albany has had it easy, barring that one call you mention, on the offesnive end.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I'll always be partial to Gary Jones as being the best. What he could have been had he been there 4 years is crazy to think.

And I'll take credit for every single yard Jones got, since I handed the ball off to him.......xlolx:Dxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx;)

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
'96, its pretty cool that UA fans can have a debate on who is the better RB in school history...Gary Jones or David McCarty. It is a hard debate, but I give it to McCarty.

Really hard debate...but I give the edge to Gary. Much more athletic...and remember...he missed some time/played VERY HURT after a nasty hit at Northeastern in the Opener.

Gary has more speed. Put it this way: It is really close...but I think the slight edge goes to Gary. Give Gary's speed to McCarty....you would have a very solid NFL backup.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
is fox sports not streaming the game? What's up?

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'll always be partial to Gary Jones as being the best. What he could have been had he been there 4 years is crazy to think.

And I'll take credit for every single yard Jones got, since I handed the ball off to him.......xlolx:Dxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotat ehx;)

I will pat you on the back!xthumbsupx

I really think if he was a four-year player and didnt have a family to raise upon graduation...you would have seen Gary in the NFL.

That being said, I really think that McCarty should delay the Marines...come back next year...and see if he could latch on somewhere.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Colonials picking up steam behind sophomore RB Myles Russ, down to the Albany 32.

And Tom Pandolf hits like a truck for Albany. Second time that he's hammered Erik Cwalinski just as he released the football

Dane96
Why is Fox980 so fwckin bad....they always seem to have a problem with the radio coverage. THEY ARE COVERING IT...just an issue with the feed. I may buy the game.

danefan
I will pat you on the back!xthumbsupx

I really think if he was a four-year player and didnt have a family to raise upon graduation...you would have seen Gary in the NFL.

That being said, I really think that McCarty should delay the Marines...come back next year...and see if he could latch on somewhere.

I think he has one more semester to graduate (I hope).

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Fox sucks. Is there an RMU audio feed?

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Live Video for 9 bucks.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Fox sucks. Is there an RMU audio feed?

Go here:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/rri

Click audio on the left side of the page under "last game"

GD84
yea the foxsports feed is terrible...go to yahoo sports...they have the robert morris coverage...they are actually good.

danefan
no thanks on the $9, but thanks for the Yahoo link.

And BTW Yale/Brown is on YES......and I watched Princeton-Penn last night on the U.......neither one of those four teams would beat Albany, Central or Monmouth.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Colonials get a huge 3rd down conversion when Sherrod Evers makes a snag between two defenders, 34 yards to the 3. Karey Murray scores a few plays later from 1 yard out.

14-7, 10:08 left.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I find it really weird that Robert Morris doesn't have live stats, but has radio with yahoo and video coverage...odd

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:45 PM
no thanks on the $9, but thanks for the Yahoo link.

And BTW Yale/Brown is on YES......and I watched Princeton-Penn last night on the U.......neither one of those four teams would beat Albany, Central or Monmouth.

Why I put Albany in the Top 25. If I am putting in Harvard or Colgate based on bashing intra-conference and inter-conference games against one another...I can put UA in.

Albany would be neck and neck for the Ivy and PL title right now. I am watching Colgate-Lehigh and I am FAR FROM IMPRESSED.

Maine, btw, looks REALLY GOOD.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Why I put Albany in the Top 25. If I am putting in Harvard or Colgate based on bashing intra-conference and inter-conference games against one another...I can put UA in.

Albany would be neck and neck for the Ivy and PL title right now. I am watching Colgate-Lehigh and I am FAR FROM IMPRESSED.

Maine, btw, looks REALLY GOOD.

I guess you're right, but its so hard for me to vote for Albany with that Delaware loss. Every time Delaware loses I cringe.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I find it really weird that Robert Morris doesn't have live stats, but has radio with yahoo and video coverage...odd

The video is just a feed from the student TV station, separate from the athletic department. The audio is done through a contract with Yahoo and taken care of by WPIT 730 AM.

So it's not so much the athletic department, which is pretty on the ball, as it is having the right affiliates.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I guess you're right, but its so hard for me to vote for Albany with that Delaware loss. Every time Delaware loses I cringe.

Believe me...I agree. And I have always stated to people on the board that I ACTUALLY AM DISAPPOINTED and think the DANES have not had a good year, underperforming at UMASS and Delaware.

But...I just think that we could beat any of those team in the bottom 25...and we could probably knock off a few of the 15-20 teams.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 12:50 PM
rmutv...if you knew UAlbany athletics, whatever you have is pretty much an upgrade...lol

Dane96
Nice goal line stand by RMU.

rmutv
Albany goes for it on 4th and inches from the goalline and gets stuffed by Robert Morris.

RMU ball on their own 1.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM
wow...Robert Morris stops QB sneak at the 1 on 4th and goal...RMU ball

Dane96
Hey DF. Who does your Bro coach? I watched the Don Bosco-St. Joe's matchup last night.

I know it is a NorJersey team...

WWII
I wish they'd give it to McCarty on those.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
SECONDED!

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Colonials thrive on broken plays. Cwalinski fumbles the snap, picks it up, fires a dart to Sherrod Evers out to the 27.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Questionable playcall for RMU to pass on 3rd and 1.5, incomplete pass. They'll punt.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hey DF. Who does your Bro coach? I watched the Don Bosco-St. Joe's matchup last night.

I know it is a NorJersey team...

He's actually an Orange County (NY) team. Warwick .... just over the border from NJ. He's done though. They got worked in the playoffs last week by Monroe Woodbury (#3 team in AA in NY).

It was 39-0 at the half.xeekx Ended up 56-21 final. Disappointing end to the season. Especially because he had played them tough earlier in the season with a 7 pt. loss. Monroe hasn't lost a game in Section IX in 5 years and has made the state finals 4 of the last 5 years in AA.

My brother would be a NYS power house if Don Bosco would stop recruiting his kids away. 11 kids that start for Bosco actually live in his district but travel to Bosco. What a difference that would have made.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Robert Morris in their 2-minute offense, trying to tie it up at the end of the half.

Albany could be up by 10 more points if not for a blocked field goal and the RMU defense. Gotta watch McCarty in the 2nd half...he could find more room against a tired D.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Albany picks it off. Things getting heated. Offsetting personal fouls after the play. Casale returns it to the 44.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Robert Morris in their 2-minute offense, trying to tie it up at the end of the half.

Albany could be up by 10 more points if not for a blocked field goal and the RMU defense. Gotta watch McCarty in the 2nd half...he could find more room against a tired D.

That was the story last week. Monmouth got worn down in the second half.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Danny Bocanegra...a true team player gets a great reward...TD!

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Bocanegra catches a 16 yard pass for a touchdown with 2 seconds left.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:10 PM
He's actually an Orange County (NY) team. Warwick .... just over the border from NJ. He's done though. They got worked in the playoffs last week by Monroe Woodbury (#3 team in AA in NY).

It was 39-0 at the half.xeekx Ended up 56-21 final. Disappointing end to the season. Especially because he had played them tough earlier in the season with a 7 pt. loss. Monroe hasn't lost a game in Section IX in 5 years and has made the state finals 4 of the last 5 years in AA.

My brother would be a NYS power house if Don Bosco would stop recruiting his kids away. 11 kids that start for Bosco actually live in his district but travel to Bosco. What a difference that would have made.

Wow...that sucks for them.

Monroe, ever since people decided it was a cheap suburb to NYC (I find that manical), has grown so much athletically over the years. Their basketball teams are ridonkulous.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Halftime. 21-7 Albany.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Stats at the half:
McCarty 16-78
Esposito 13-14 for 153 yards

Albany 238 yards on offense so far.

Myles Russ 11-44
Cwalinski 6-14 for 95 yards

RMU's Alex DiMichele, a sophomore linebacker, has 10 tackles already.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised that was Bocanegra's first career TD. He's been productive for a few years now.

WWII
November 8th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I thought it was first TD this yr.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah...he has definitely scored before.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I'm surprised that was Bocanegra's first career TD. He's been productive for a few years now.

I thought so too, maybe I heard Wyland wrong.

WWII
November 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Or Wyland was wrong.

WWII
November 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Nice drive.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Glass kicks a field goal, 24-7 Albany.

RMU nearly had a pick on that 3rd down play. James Snider had the ball in his hands, but the receiver wrestled it away out of bounds.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
You know-- I respect Nik Schultz because he is very good...and has been a leader. But his temper has cost at times (UMASS)...and now he gets tossed from the game.

What a stupid thing to do.

rmutv
Albany's Nick Schultz ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. It looked like he threw an elbow or a punch after the play.

Albany drive stalls at the RMU 43.

WWII
Does Schulz miss the next game, or just the rest of this one?

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Just this one.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Albany's D is just killing RMU. TD, Albany...David Casale...Int return.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 01:52 PM
PICK-SIX FOR CASALE...TD UALBANY! BIG TIME DAGGER! 31-7

WWII
November 8th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Wow, that's a backbreaker! Casale TD interception.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
6:15 3rd Qtr:

Albany 31
RMU 7

GD84
reminder...UA wins, they win a share of the NEC Title and can win it outright next weekend. The win today would also give UA the spot in the Gridiron Classic, which they would host.

rmutv
Combo of throwing off your back foot and a bad tip/bounce. Last home game for Cwalinski is not going well.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Bad tips? WTF is a bad tip? A tip is a tip. There is a reason we practiced tip drills from Pop-Warner on up.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Bad tips? WTF is a bad tip? A tip is a tip. There is a reason we practiced tip drills from Pop-Warner on up.

Dude, chill. Bad tips mean a negative result for RMU. Some tips fall harmlessly. This one landed right in Casale's hands.

Sheesh.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Ok...sure.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 02:07 PM
anyone know how many yards McCarty has today...

he needed 185 to set the career rushing record and 177 for the single season rushing record.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
anyone know how many yards McCarty has today...

he needed 185 to set the career rushing record and 177 for the single season rushing record.

I'll let you know at the endo f the quarter.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 02:09 PM
38-7 UAlbany...another long TD catch...this games looking over before the 4th.

GD84
November 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
who did they the RMU guys say was out with a possible concussion? Bush?

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Two losses sting me: UMASS...I really think we should have beaten them but for some stupid penalties and play calling....and against Delaware. That stinker kills me.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Kyle Hussey!

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 02:14 PM
McCarty 25 carries, 129 yards.

Albany 398 yards total offense.

rmutv
November 8th, 2008, 02:15 PM

#38 Garrett Askew, is who went off.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Do you take McCarty out now? He'll get the record next week.

Don't risk injury here, IMO.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Blasinsky in at QB.

Who's behind Blasinsky now?

McCarty out now.

Getting scrappy now. This happened last time Albany went to RMU also.

When did Schultz get thrown out?

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Early in the 2nd Half. Tossed an elbow.

ALBANY WILL BE INSANE ON SATURDAY DEC. 6....we need to absolutely market this weekend. Have busses ready...and if you go to the football game you get a ticket to Siena-Albany.

TWO HUGE TASKS...but maybe we can pull out one of them (football). We pull out both...and I am calling in sick on Monday...because I will be hung-over for two days.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 02:26 PM
That would awesome - ticket package with bus transport downtown to the pre-game party at the Broadway Joes (where they usually do it).

They have those crappy old UA Shuttle buses they could use.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Herb Glass from 25 yards out on the FG.

Albany 41
RMU 7

6:51 to go in the game.

Dane96
November 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
That would awesome - ticket package with bus transport downtown to the pre-game party at the Broadway Joes (where they usually do it).

They have those crappy old UA Shuttle buses they could use.

Rode those suckers frosh year-- that was my only way home from the LP back then!

Let's see if UA is smart enough to do this. You could legitimately get our away crowd up to the 5000 or so range for the Siena game if you do this.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM
And run the shuttles back up to the RACC after the bball game so people don't have to park downtown.

It wouldn't cost UA barely anything. They're crazy if they don't do it.....or just lazy.

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I'm turning the game off. the feed is killing me and the Penn State game is coming on.

UAalum72
November 8th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Wyland said that Schultz is out next week too, per league rule.

He blamed the phone lines for the feed problems.

As for basketball, wouldn't all the money for the extra tickets sold go to the home team?

danefan
November 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Wyland said that Schultz is out next week too, per league rule.

He blamed the phone lines for the feed problems.

As for basketball, wouldn't all the money for the extra tickets sold go to the home team?

Yeah, but the money for the football tickets sold would go to UA I think. Unless there's some weird sharing arrangement with the NEC and PFL.