PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Quarter Defensive Stats - Montana

Green26
November 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Montana's defense has given up only 6 points in the 3rd quarter this season (9 games). (This is total points for the season, not average points.)

In the prior 3 years (starting with '07), UM has given up 27 points (12 games), 15 points (14 games) and 38 points (12 games) in the 3rd quarter.

Either the defense comes out extra hard after halftime or the coaches make good adjustments, or both.

Green26
November 7th, 2008, 12:31 AM
How many TD's has your team given up in the 3rd quarter this year? Hint: look in the Cumulative Stats on your webiste, and then scroll down about 2/3 of the way (to the spot where scoring by quarter is).

tingly
November 7th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Richmond allowed 20. That was the best for any quarter of the 7 top-10 teams I checked.

Wolfman
November 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
This stat is meaningless. Unfortunately, the game is played in four quarters. Another lame attempt by the president of the UM Sugarcoaters Club to to select-out some meanigless stat to make the Griz defense look better than it really is.

tingly
November 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
thanks, Mr Obvious :)

mlbowl
November 7th, 2008, 04:42 PM
This stat is meaningless. Unfortunately, the game is played in four quarters. Another lame attempt by the president of the UM Sugarcoaters Club to to select-out some meanigless stat to make the Griz defense look better than it really is.

Oh how I've missed youxrolleyesx ....seriously, are you mental? The team is firing on all cylinders now and you just can't stand it...

FAN OF THE YEAR AWARD...

Wolfman in a landslide!!!

Green26
November 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
That's pretty funny. I never knew that how a team played in the 3rd quarter--after halftime adjustments--was "meainingless". I didn't realize that shutting down an opponent and making a statement in the early part of the second half was "meaningless". I, apparently mistakenly, had thought the third quarter was perhaps the most important quarter of the game.

elkmcc
November 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
That's pretty funny. I never knew that how a team played in the 3rd quarter--after halftime adjustments--was "meaningless". I didn't realize that shutting down an opponent and making a statement in the early part of the second half was "meaningless". I, apparently mistakenly, had thought the third quarter was perhaps the most important quarter of the game.

I would think that any fool would know that half time adjustments are about as big a decisive factor in the success and failure of a football program as anything.

The only thing regarding your post that could be considered "meaningless" would be the preceeding post by the narcissistic wolf boy.

lucchesicourt
November 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Also, most points scored against Montana are in the last quarter. Just another interesting stat. Sure you can say most those points were scored against backups, but UCD , Central Wash, and Weber all outscored the Griz in the second half. So, much for adjustments

Green26
November 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Yes, 21 meaningless points were scored against UM in the 4th quarter in just the past 2 games.

Yes, Weber and Davis outscored UM in the second half--14-7 and 14-6.

However, UM outscored CWU 17-11 in the second half. Lucceshicourt, are you just bad at stats or are you dishonest? That's the second time I've caught you making up stats in the past 2 days. Like I said before, you have no credibility.

tingly
November 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
credibility doesn't matter, just what's right or not